Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 4, 2009 3:59 PM

It was ok first episode, although (for my taste) female characters were a little too generic for such fantasy setting. I'll keep watching it for now.

Oct 4, 2009 5:10 PM

The animation and action was nice, and the character design was okay. That sword is so awesome.

Oct 4, 2009 7:55 PM
Sure it's not too original with the theme but it's pretty solid.

Oct 4, 2009 7:58 PM

BitchMaster said:
Well, call me sexist or whatever you like, but I would rather have a whiny, suck-ass female and a cool male instead of the reverse. I don't know why but those male wussies pissed me off faaaaaar more than their female counterparts <_<

Nah not sexist, I agree (White Album, anyone?). But still TBH I just want some strong female characters who can stand up to the strong male characters which you're more likely to see in anime. Hopefully these strong female characters aren't hopelessly in love with the lead male and don't have gigantic breasts.

Oct 4, 2009 10:01 PM

i liked it :)
was pretty interesting
will keep watching this one im sure
liked both the OP and ED
and i like characters with red hair and swords :3
Railgun is better though :)
kampfer was funnier :)

Oct 4, 2009 10:25 PM
I loved it. This kind of series is just my cup of tea.

Oct 4, 2009 11:15 PM

I love it, dunno why, because I don't like fantasy -.-". Nice episode :)

Oct 4, 2009 11:54 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Forever said:
Somehow the character art totally reminded me of Kannagi.
I definitely agree. If you compare the facial feature and how they're drawn you can really see the similarities in the art.
TwoSoxs said:
Seriously guys am I the only one here that noticed how often then screwed up the anatomy of Cecily's boobs ^^
nope, you are definitely not. every time i saw them i was like ffs come on.
kage-bunshin said:
so he makes swords using magic to defeat demons, impressive
i lol'd

Oct 5, 2009 12:39 AM

Mikiyo said:
Cecile annoyed the hell out of me really fast, she intruduced herself over 9000 fucking times

Yeah, yeah, that was a bit annoying.

Oct 5, 2009 1:18 AM
can't believe this is from manglobe. I have to give myself a try.

Oct 5, 2009 3:14 AM

I enjoyed the first episode but I really hope it gets better. It feels like K-On! in fantasy RPG mode.

The fights were great though, and I don't mind the character design until we get to Cecilys boobs. They don't need to be highlighted.

Oct 5, 2009 8:30 AM

VEE said:
can't believe this is from manglobe. I have to give myself a try.

Manglobe? The one that will be responsible for Omamori Himari? 0-o

Damn, if they have the same kinda budget for Himari as for this show then I can now die happily then revive immediately when Himari start airing XD

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 5, 2009 9:10 AM

I didn't plan to watch this at first, but I'm glad that I checked it out. Great character design, animation and art. I did also enjoy the characters. Now all that's left to see is how the plot develops.

Oct 5, 2009 9:29 AM

I think it looks promising. It's probably better than Tears to Tiara. That one got boring after the first few chapters.
i don't like the heroine. Another female that hasn't appeared yet looks better. :P

Oct 5, 2009 12:36 PM

Wow, better than I gad expected, especially animation was. The fight scenes were really good, especially when the sword was cut as he intervened! That was brilliant, not much has been told about the story, but it should happen after a bit. I like this taster of what is to come! Looking forward to the next fight.

Oct 5, 2009 1:37 PM

You know when someone says, "Cover me while I'm doing something," they don't mean, "Please gawk at me while that thing is attacking us, leaving us completely unprotected." I liked the little elf girl, though. She was so childish and cute! I guess that she's the titular sacred blacksmith.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 5, 2009 3:56 PM

this one was quite enjoyable.. looking forward to next episodes..

Oct 5, 2009 4:13 PM

i agree that cecile was annoying fairly fast and animation was the best(especially the anatomy), but i still liked it and will keep watching

Oct 5, 2009 5:48 PM

Luke's katana cutting that broadsword made me LOL. Then I LOL'd even harder when the ice broke the katana but Cecily's breastplate boobs broke the ice shards. Boobs > Magic > Katana > Western swords. XD
Modified by z-pak, Oct 5, 2009 6:16 PM

Oct 5, 2009 10:20 PM

I liked it... It wasn't great or anything, but i'm a sucker for most fantasy anime. This is one i had been anticipating, but we'll see, it's just the first episode.

Oct 6, 2009 2:32 AM

The first episode was good ...we shall wait and see what happends next
I`M A MURDERER

Oct 6, 2009 3:11 AM

BakaOnna said:
Then I LOL'd even harder when the ice broke the katana but Cecily's breastplate boobs broke the ice shards. Boobs > Magic > Katana > Western swords. XD
Of course, how else do you think she defends herself from attacks, with her skills? Her breastplate must be more valuable than her current abilities as a knight if it is so resistant.

Oct 6, 2009 5:03 AM

yeah pretty awesome. especially ed sung by yui i mean lisa cecile also looks pretty good for a main. think i will stick to it.

Oct 6, 2009 7:21 AM

your average rpg story, but it was pretty much okay. but seriously, cecil was way too selfish and cocky, always saying that she is a knight yet couldn't even hold sword right.

this year aki toyosaki really rises up. start in spring with her first main role as yui in k-on that boost her popularity then in summer play in kanamemo as kana (main), asmodeus in umineko and motegi in aoi hana, then now have 2 big roles, as lisa in this anime and uiharu in railgun. her popularity seems rise a lot

i guess this is better than kampfer
Modified by yamato21, Oct 6, 2009 7:25 AM

Oct 6, 2009 9:32 AM

What.. First episode was almost lol throughout
BakaOnna said:
Luke's katana cutting that broadsword made me LOL. Then I LOL'd even harder when the ice broke the katana but Cecily's breastplate boobs broke the ice shards. Boobs > Magic > Katana > Western swords. XD

Exactly. Breastplate is serious business.

Cecily talks way too much, and when did 'buy me some time' means to stand still and stare at what's behind you? What was the monster doing?

Not a good start, but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt (and because the ED is cute)

Oct 6, 2009 9:53 AM
tanjx said:

Cecily talks way too much, and when did 'buy me some time' means to stand still and stare at what's behind you? What was the monster doing?

It's a turn-based RPG :D
ED is really cute, but the episode itself is really standard.
lol @ the breastplate.

Oct 6, 2009 10:08 AM

BakaOnna said:

well i found it odd but the way you put it i lold
the way they pronounce the names was annoying
ainsworth i lold hard he can be cool all he wants it is all the more funnier
cecily annoying is an insufficient word to describe her ( warrior/maid = dualclass)
the monster doing nothing come on whats wrong with all this shounen anime and the scene at the start i think it was the scene before; she attacks then sits

i can't believe i liked kampfer more but i expected this to be good and expected kampfer to be very bad but it was funnier and for the rest they both suck
Modified by sargtlin, Oct 6, 2009 10:17 AM

Oct 6, 2009 12:03 PM

I LOL when Cecily protected luke with her breastplate.
also, Lisa is a cutie =D
I love the ED a lot. =D
I like the first episode so far =D

Oct 6, 2009 3:35 PM

You know a series is going to be cheap - designed to please pervs - when the main character is an 'innocent virgin' female knight, with custom armour designed to fit perfectly around her boobs and a short skirt perfect for panty shots, of which there was one in the first episode when Cecil fell on her tight arse.

This is just a guess but, in medieval times, I think if a girl with no skills walked around like that she'd be raped by a bandit group or two. Only in anime could such a premise be. Unless the female in question is Caska, women should stay away from armour in knightly tales.

I'll give it a few more episodes since I like RPGs and it's short. It's too generic to expect anything great of - it'll only ever be 'watch once' worthy.

Oct 6, 2009 9:32 PM

This is a show that was in my great maybe pile. I gave it a shoot, and i can say that wasted 22 minutes more or less. The plot is okay, but i hate the character design, to much k-on moe for my taste. I really hate that she introduced herself around 25 times. I will however give it one more episode before i decide to drop or continue watching. A lot of show has crappy first episodes and gets better, well see if this is like that, for now i would give it a 5/10. Not bad, Not good, just a time waster.

Oct 6, 2009 10:08 PM

hmm well for a first episode I really enjoyed it. I didn't notice some of the details until I came on here and read your guys post's lol the whole "I'm Cecily Cambell blah blah" yes that got annoying I hope she doesn't have the desire to introduce herself every episode.
I kinda like Luke, what stinks is we have a small description of this series and not much else to go on.. well I guess I must have liked it since I've re-watched it already lol
Looking forward to the next episode!
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Oct 7, 2009 1:04 AM
I liked it . Nice animation , action scenes were ok . Characters : well i like Luke , Lisa is fun and Cecily....well,she's....okay i guess.

I don't really get why everyone is so dissatisfied with this first episode.It was ok...what are you ppl expecting from a first episode !? ...[gold coming outta their mouths or smth ? ]....the idea of forging a sword with magic seemed interesting..the process that luke mumbled was nice..[ better than a geeky spell ] Action scenes were fluent and it was left with a cliffhanger....i really don't see the bad part...just because it didn't strike in you smth like..OMFG THIS IS GENIUS FROM THE FIRST EPISODE ..I NEVER SAW ANYTHING LIKE THIS......that doesn't mean it wasn't good..-__- maybe some fans have too much pretensions

Oct 7, 2009 2:02 AM

Episode wasn't too bad, I'll keep watching.
i sense romance will develop later on.

^^ luke is osam.

Oct 7, 2009 4:06 AM

It was an ok, though there was nothing special. lol It's quite a coincidence for him to name his swords as katana^_^ I'll wait for more episodes to see if this anime can be good.

Oct 7, 2009 4:06 AM

Aionic said:
You know a series is going to be cheap - designed to please pervs - when the main character is an 'innocent virgin' female knight, with custom armour designed to fit perfectly around her boobs and a short skirt perfect for panty shots, of which there was one in the first episode when Cecil fell on her tight arse.

awww yeah

Oct 7, 2009 6:05 AM

mel-hime said:
just because it didn't strike in you smth like..OMFG THIS IS GENIUS FROM THE FIRST EPISODE ..I NEVER SAW ANYTHING LIKE THIS......

Unlike Bakemonogatari, which was indeed (quoting some more)
mel-hime said:
OMFG THIS IS GENIUS FROM THE FIRST EPISODE ..I NEVER SAW ANYTHING LIKE THIS
: D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Oct 7, 2009 6:59 AM

Neverender said:
Aionic said:

awww yeah

I'm unsure if you found my message cute or the tight arse part erotic and meant, "Yeah, baby! Woooo!!!"

Nice profile avatar, btw. I like.

Oct 7, 2009 8:54 AM

I liked it and I'm interested enough to watch the next one.

Oct 7, 2009 6:38 PM

I have a soft spot for fantasy and Luke and his magic forging was pretty impressive.

First impressions...probably a 6/10 series. I've watched plenty better, but plenty worse as well. Cecil is annoying but there's definately potential to develop her maturity. Will see what comes up next week.

I just hope it won't be a repeat of the travesty called ZnT where the source material is truly epic, but the anime not.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

Oct 7, 2009 7:13 PM
I seriously hated Cecil!! annoying, and her costume is pretty ugly.

The animation by manglobe- can be trusted. luke's fight scene was awesome. Lisa is really one hell cute character which i noticed later that her seiyuu was the one voicing for YUI ( k-ON )

The opening, not interesting enough. Still have to see how far can this anime get.

Oct 7, 2009 7:22 PM

It was fine, but felt like too much time was wasted on dialogue and other such stupidity that seems to give the plot to a "roaming" sort of feel...not very specific. I liked the art and Luke's character type: mysterious, interesting, etc. His little follower was also very sweet, but there is more to her than meets the eye. I hated the dolt of a knight main character; however, I plan to watch this through to the finish. :)

Oct 7, 2009 7:29 PM

The episode was alright...maybe even good. I'm not sure. Action wasn't terrible but I've definitely seen better. The story isn't bad, from what story was given in the first episode. Animation is pretty good. To be honest, I enjoyed Kampfer more than this as well.

Oct 7, 2009 10:50 PM

Lets face it, if it wasn't for Manglobe this shit wouldn't have 8 pages. Kay? Kay.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.

Oct 7, 2009 10:56 PM

Mikiyo said:
Lets face it, if it wasn't for Manglobe this shit wouldn't have 8 pages. Kay? Kay.

Kay...on...bu?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 8, 2009 5:24 AM

I like this stuff as me and another friend do sword stuff of medieval. I am also thinking of looking for Lodoss. Is good also?

In spoiler my anime list for now.

Oct 8, 2009 5:39 AM

BitchMaster said:
Mikiyo said:

Kay...on...bu?

: >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Oct 8, 2009 2:23 PM

lovin it <3 The setting, sword design and basic storyline are pretty good. Wouldve hoped the main character used a katana rather than a sword tho.

P.s. the character designer really doesnt know how to draw boobs lol.

Join Hagiwara Natsuki's (ane doki) club here
Join Club dedicated to Anime Musicians here
Join club for Bass fans here

Oct 8, 2009 2:40 PM

Oosran said:
BitchMaster said:
Mikiyo said:

Kay...on...bu?

: >

*sigh* K-ON..
Ah, but this is true. I wouldn't have given this episode a chance if it wasn't for manglobe...

Oct 9, 2009 1:57 AM
Action seems promising enough, better than most generic animes of the genre. I'm glad the swordfights actually consisted of toe-to-toe melee combat rather than just flaming projectiles launched by weapons.

I'll give this show a shot though, with the hopes that it will actually have a good storyline in the long run (though at this point, I'm kind of scared it won't....)

Oct 9, 2009 3:58 PM

Man, that was bad. Really, really bad. I mean, actually liked the art - except for that eyesore of a heroine. Seriously, what's with her outfit? She looks like a girl Satou and Yamazaki created for an eroge.. part maid, part schoolgirl, who knows what powers she'll reveal in episodes to come, and oh how could I forget that ridiculous breastplate (wish I could), which, incidentally, only protects her boobs! Well, who needs inner organs when they have healthy breasts? At least that plate doesn't have nipples. I'm mean we're all used to a LOT when it comes to anime outfits, but this one didn't even fit in with the rest of the design. Although the preview promises more of fanservice goodness, it seems.

Apart from that: choppy onset of what looks like it's going to resemble a plot, Orochimaru-ish characters lurking on trees, a completely incapable knight once again driven by and probably soon succeeding on courage alone, and, of course, the ever-present will to do her best.. and a demon whose head resembles a, uh, one-eyed snake shooting stuff at her which she reflects with said breastplate.

I'm tempted to drop this at once, but I was kind of looking forward to this show, so I hope it'll get better. Can't get much worse..

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »