Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2009 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they sure weren't lying when they said that this story was different from the classic fairytale. Really enjoyed it though, had some intense and interesting moments.

Though the whole thought of a 15 year old girl having sex with her mom's lover, then marrying some random dude at the end was a bit strange. :/
Oct 23, 2009 1:57 AM

May 2007
Exactly.....it was really messed but she did it to atone for her mother's "misdeeds", which isn't entirely true since her mother was misinformed about the death of her lover, whoc actually survived but lost a leg. It is very realistic.....and my guess on why the mother's lover left after having sex with the main character, was probably because he felt guilty on that took the innoence of a 15 year old girl or that the man finally got over the fact that his old flame has left him for now. Kinda sad that the mother was unaware of the full details.....but it seems she had an idea of what had happened....just not entirely about her daughter being f*cked by her old lover. I wonder if the mother knew the details would she be any different. Despite, the mother being in such an ill position, only makes me feel how SELFISH the mother really was.......I don't know why but I think the mother was selfish. Also, the funniest part of this whole thing was probably the ending on how the main character turned from being an innocent young care-free 15 year old girl to becoming quite a cynic at the end after getting married and living with her "prince charming".
May 11, 2010 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
well, im kinda shocked... a very twisted dark version...i wasnt expecting to watch a sex scene...and between a much older guy and a teenage =_= i like twists but this one was not very good.
i guess i prefer the old classic childish version:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 16, 2011 4:01 PM
Oct 2010
I've finally watched it and... WOW. It's my first movie by this director, but I fell in love with his work. It's a Masterpiece and Kawamoto-san is a Genius. I may only wonder how much time and efforts were put in these 20 minutes... anyway, my thoughts are the following:
1) yep, I agree that she did it in order to atone her mother's "betrayal". And she probably fell under the spell of the man as well as her mother had done (or maybe the girl just convinced herself she loved him). And marrying some other guy is JUST THE SAME scenario her mother lived according to. So the curse seems in following her mother's steps (who wasn't very happy either).
2) her mother realized everything, but it was too late, so her heart was broken. Why else do you think she died? Anyway, she was obviously too young to die.
Feb 9, 2015 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
And then they lived happily ever after.
Mar 28, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Great retelling. Inserting the traditional "spindle wound" theme as a metaphor for having sex was totally unexpected.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.