Forum Settings
Forums
Sumomomo, Momomo
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
I can't believe how under-the-radar this manga is!!! I absolutely love this manga and just caught up to it today after first coming upon it 5+ years ago.

I am not sure if anyone will see this thread since anyone hardly comes on here, aside from Stark, but I will try either way.

I read from another source that the final volume was actually already translated for the most part (?), but we know that it's not released yet.If this really was the case, which I don't think so, then what happened to the last volume? I am pretty optimistic that the latest releases were in 2014, so there is a really good chance for the manga to be complete by this year. So does anyone know the details on how the final volume is going, and can we expect to see monthly releases? That seemed to be the case for volume 11 that was released monthly in 2014.

EDIT~ Update:

Actually went out and shelled out 7 bucks, (well, had to pay 10 total for the egift card) to buy the ebook for the Nook, and very worth it! I am thankful to the scanlators for releasing volume 11, so all I had to do was buy the last volume since I couldn't bear the wait.

I extremely advise getting it if you don't want to wait for the last volume to be uploaded, and it's a nice way to remember the series. I hope that my money went out to support the author (probably not the case, though), since she certainly deserved every last bit of it xD. The ending was a bit lackluster in certain aspects imo, but it was very sweet and heartwarming nevertheless. For anyone who read he last volume, you'd agree with me xP
kamisakaJun 30, 2014 4:38 PM
Jun 26, 2014 2:50 PM

May 2011
The volumes were already published in English by YenPress a long time ago. They were obviously bought and scanned. It's up to the scanner (who bought the manga) to scan and release it whenever he wants to.

I have the impression that you have the wrong idea about the "scanlation" considering everything after your third sentence is incredibly messed up.
Jun 26, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
AkitaSaito said:
The volumes were already published in English by YenPress a long time ago. They were obviously bought and scanned. It's up to the scanner (who bought the manga) to scan and release it whenever he wants to.

I have the impression that you have the wrong idea about the "scanlation" considering everything after your third sentence is incredibly messed up.

Ah, I did some research a day after I posted and I realize that what I wrote did sound incredibly stupid xP. My bad. You were right that YenPress already published the volumes, and I really was confused on the "scanlation" process.

I assumed that translation and scanlations went hand-in-hand, and that since it wasn't "scanlated", or released yet, the final volume wasn't translated yet. I learned that these scanners and translaters have lives of their own, so I won't make the mistake like this again. Ty for the feedback.
Sep 28, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
kamisaka said:
I can't believe how under-the-radar this manga is!!! I absolutely love this manga and just caught up to it today after first coming upon it 5+ years ago.

I don't think so. I recently started to read this one and disagree. My memories suggest that I've read or watched the anime many years before, but I can't find any bookmarks, notes or anything on this account. Hard to say if I finished at all. Probably not as I find it increasingly difficult to continue (Starting from the poison act, volume 4). Rating of about 7 is all that this deserves.

My problem with this is confusing type. Sometimes it's going for ecchi scenes, then switch to battle, throw some joke, gag, then goes completely serious in next page. Often missing logic, it's all over the place, like it didn't know what to be. It just doesn't work for me. Character development isn't there, at best there is one initial behavior and then change to another later. Basically, all of them are enemies first than magically became friends except the main girl. All forgiven, like nothing.

Love in this piece is a joke in itself. I just can't take it seriously when manga itself is ridiculing it every time after something romantic happens.

Characters:
MC - Doesn't adapt to the situation at all. Allways closing his eyes from this magical martial arts thing. Never learning to protect himself or organize someone to protect him instead. He is supposed to be smart, but in reality, isn't.
Momoko - One-sided deciding to change the MC into what he isn't, pursuing it blindly even if tolt multiple times to just drop it. Who is she to decide other person fate. Many people have potential or talent for something they just don't want to do. She acts some times nicely but balances it with jerk moments.
Father of MC - Utter failure. Never explain anything, planning to teach his son to swim by throwing him into the middle of the ocean as his first experience and drop bait for sharks to spice it up. Just because he said he didn't want to learn to swim a few times before.
All other important characters going from "kill the MC" into "love/friend of MC". Nothing more to say of them.
Outside of them is Sanae. This perverted horse is the only decent character in this manga. (Sounds bad, but it's true). She is consistent, truly care about what MC actually want, and never try to harm him. I don't care what she does for excitement, but this is the only character that actually uses her brain.
So many characters blindly disregard love for the another, always going for a cheap joke in their regard. It's basically all bundle of unrequited love and stepping on the unfortunate, it's prevalent in all the main cast, so it's very sad that this is all that is connecting them. Not even one character changed their way half through this mud (manga). Always pursuing, never looking over their shoulder, wondering why is it that their efforts go to waste.

There are also many inconsistencies where gag or cheap jokes disregard previous serious tone and people walk away mortal injuries. Don't get me wrong, jokes that looks like it would kill a person and then appear with a character fine in next window are ok, but it must be the right type of manga to work, never going too far to take self too serious, which fails here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome Chapter 96 Discussion

Icedout15 - Feb 19, 2019

1 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 2, 2021 2:33 AM

Poll: » Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome Chapter 91 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2014

1 by Catalano »»
Aug 16, 2019 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome Chapter 4 Discussion

Mana - Jan 18, 2016

0 by Mana »»
Jan 18, 2016 10:34 AM

Poll: » Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome Chapter 3 Discussion

Mana - Jan 18, 2016

0 by Mana »»
Jan 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome Chapter 2 Discussion

Mana - Jan 18, 2016

0 by Mana »»
Jan 18, 2016 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.