Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2013
11 pages of people saying the same damn thing and 0 explanations. This is dumb.
Jun 21, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2013
I thought this anime was going in an okay direction but that ending was an absolute train-wreck. How is everyone alive?
Jun 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
KumoKyu said:

Can't explain things that had no reason to happen. Do you really think anyone could actually explain why everyone was alive in the end, or why Haru's titanium ribs miraculously diverted Tokaku's knife?
Jun 21, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
^ Yeah like Tokaku would not feel a titanium rib xD.
Eh? I was about to give it a 9.. but everyone alive? I'll keep it on 8 like this... And only because I really like Nio, Haru and Tokaku. The story itself was awesome until almost the very end... which ruined it.
Jun 21, 2014 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
Whoa was that bad!
Seriously, you can't pull such a bs ending, you just can't. T_T

Jun 21, 2014 4:35 PM

Feb 2014
KumoKyu said:

You want explanations of why they're alive? It might be far fetched but probably goes like this:

Tokaku didn't notice she stabbed the titanium bone of Haru because it was her first kill, and of a loved one at that. Her mind was too clouded with various feelings and thoughts so her perception was momentarily weakened.
Nio was in her Tokaku form when stabbed, so what seemed like her heart would be something else in reality.
Hitsugi is alive because the knife didn't cause any lethal wounds. Considering there was no real aiming and she pushed herself onto the knife it does make some sense.
Chitaru drank poison, but we don't know anything about it. The poison was found inside Hitsugis bear, and as Hitsugi only kills when necessary it's reasonable to assume the bear was loaded with non-lethal poison (like going around with tear gas for self-defense). The lethal stuff was probably located elsewhere.

I like happy endings, but in all honesty I would probably have preferred if they just ended the episode when Tokaku said she had a wish, but that it was too late now. This just felt too out of place.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jun 21, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2010
...What the hell, lol.Seriously, this 1 episode ruined everything that was build up in previous episodes.Im going to give it 6/10, only for nice characters (Nio♥ especially), great OP and EDs + not bad OST, and quite interesting fight scenes.I do not want second season tho.
Jun 21, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2014
man, such a WTF ending...
Jun 21, 2014 8:50 PM

Feb 2014
That ending... ? I suppose it was a happy ending for those two. I kinda wish it was tragic ending instead eh but yeah wow.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jun 21, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Shit ending for a shitty show. 5/10.
Jun 21, 2014 9:06 PM

Jun 2013
My random theory to explain the ending is the wish. They did say that one wish can be granted no matter what didn't they? So maybe Tokaku used the wish to get everyone back alive.. that's really my only explanation at how half of them survived getting stabbed or drinking posion.
Jun 21, 2014 9:18 PM

Nov 2012
Everyone is alive, yay.
Jun 21, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2011
Wait... Nobody died..? ._.
Jun 21, 2014 9:59 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my god -.-
and the episode actually started somewhat promising. Tokaku goes nuts and then even kills Haru and Nio. "Wow", I thought, "this is great, sad but as a story great and...... wait why is Haru alive... and Nio.............. AND EVERYONE ELSE??!!"
Seriously what a pathetic fake out, very disappointing.
AllsissJun 21, 2014 10:11 PM
Jun 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2008
KumoKyu said:

I think I did explain it earlier... It makes more sense if you interpret everything after the fadeout at 14:45 to be Haru's hallucination/dream as she lay dying in the ambulance.
Everything her dying wish is somewhat unrealistic but is what Haru desired; Her surviving the black class and graduating, her remaining friends with Tokaku, and her classmates still alive and well. The fade to black/fade to white of the two endings helped with the difference ;p.

But then again, we can be overthinking this like the indoctrination theory in Mass Effect and it may just be a crappy ending even with the explaination OVA afterwards. XD

p.s. "Therefore, the world is full of ___", "bull"
Jun 22, 2014 1:08 AM

Jan 2008
zephiris said:
KumoKyu said:

I think I did explain it earlier... It makes more sense if you interpret everything after the fadeout at 14:45 to be Haru's hallucination/dream as she lay dying in the ambulance.
Everything her dying wish is somewhat unrealistic but is what Haru desired; Her surviving the black class and graduating, her remaining friends with Tokaku, and her classmates still alive and well. The fade to black/fade to white of the two endings helped with the difference ;p.

But then again, we can be overthinking this like the indoctrination theory in Mass Effect and it may just be a crappy ending even with the explaination OVA afterwards. XD

p.s. "Therefore, the world is full of ___", "bull"

That is the only way any of that makes sense. I mean a couple of those people could have survived but the tall girl and the loli were most definitely dead. Cyborg girl got dropped off a skyscraper.Those three should have definitely been dead.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Jun 22, 2014 1:52 AM
Jun 2014
This is just my own interpretation to the ending.

"Consequently,the world is fulfilled by "Illusions"."

They never state what Tokaku's wish was in the end although it was speculated that the "Happy End" is her wish.

What if,Nio did survive and Tokaku's wish was "Fabrication of memories".

My evidence lies in the ending song of the episode. I shall quote :
"Each and every person, turns back to their memories, and finds, their direction to go to. Even the riddle being the riddle it is, hurry to the final station, in the scenery you've never seen before."

Remember in the episode,Nio can do hypnotism which shows that she can hypnotise Tokaku so that ending part of the episode is real to her.

If you look from the outer perspective,it looks like a good ending. But if u think deeper and another perspective, you will see this ending as a different ending. I'm not sure if that is what the director is aiming for,but if he is,the ending is might not be as bad as we all thought it would be.

Everyone will have their own answers to this ending. But if you just gonna judge it based on seeing then obviously the ending will looks suck-ish to you. Its called Akuma no Riddle for a reason you know. :)

Im not a very good at explaining but i hope some of you guys read this understood it and thanks for reading. :)
Jun 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
Well, everyone surviving is a bit anticlimactic

7/10 overall
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 22, 2014 7:24 AM
Sep 2009
Sumireko is a half cyborg, her surviving a fall is not that surprising. Especially when we had Tokaku surviving a fall not so long ago and she is a normal human.

Banba was never killed, just pushed to the side.

Isuke was tied up by Sumireko at the end what implies that Tokaku never killed her, just put her to sleep.

It was never stated that Shiena was killed by that poison. As Kirigaya said, she only took her out of action.

Everyone else just walked off.

The only mystery is how Kirigaya and Chitaru survived. But then again almost everyone have survived stabbing and falling here so it's fine. And poison might not have been that powerful.

Whatever the case, it still is a massive disappointment.

I love you Haru and so I will kill you just to prove that you were not manipulating me then cry over it... aka Tokaku logic. No wonder I never liked her.

Yeh... this show ended up as a garbage. And I really liked the characters.
Jun 22, 2014 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
So a assassin show has no dead victims and a happy ending?
Not something I expected, but it was a decent show.

The thing that bothered me the most was that the show was about assassins, but that there wasn't a mysterious aura to it.
Felt a bit to predictable at times.

All in all, still a good show.

7/10
Jun 22, 2014 7:35 AM

Dec 2013
Okay.... mind officially = fucked.....
What the hell was that?!?!
That was the worst cop-out I have ever seen in the history of anime!
The Romeo and Juliette couple shouldn't be there. Neither should Queen Bee candidate, unless she's now 99.5% cyborg.....

Yeah, there were some that didn't seem to deserve to die, but when you kill them off in the show, they're suppose to stay dead!

There is no room for a season 2, but you know what I think they should do to further troll the fans?
They should make a "Hunger Games" Parody where all the assassins are sitting in a studio being interviewed by Nio or something, because hell given that sort of ending, that's EXACTLY what they should do!

Bleh... I'm keeping my score for the overall bad-ass-ness of this show, but this show really doesn't deserve this ending....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 22, 2014 7:40 AM

Sep 2013
I just realized Tokaku didn't kill Haru so she didn't get her wish :O lol so much for that
Jun 22, 2014 7:43 AM

Sep 2010
SERIES - WTF
FINAL EPISODE - WTF ^ 2
Jun 22, 2014 8:25 AM
Dec 2009
Actually the girls' survivals aren't as WTF as some shounen animes (such as being sliced in halves but managed to survive due to advanced technology or something like this) Yes, in real life they should be dead, but this anime already threw reality out of window since Ep.3 where Otoya was blocking Tokaku 's bullets with a pair of saw.

- Hitsugi may have survived because she has right sided heart.
- Chitaru because the poison in the Teddy Bear was a mild one, whereas the poison coated on Haru 's prop sword was a deadly one. This was also the reason why Shiena was just hospitalized and failed Black Class (according to Nio) rather than dead.
And this pair is too cute to be dead!
- Sumireko didn't fall straight to the ground. She stepped onto the building wall several times, so the impact was reduced. In addition, she was falling on her feet and She is a cyborg.
Jun 22, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
I KNEW IT WAS NIO DISGUISED AS TOKAKU MUAHAHA!
The ending was basically the upset of the build up from this dark series of death and killing - which is why everyone seems to be flabbergasted. That IS if the ending was true, there could be some theories explaining otherwise.

I don't think it was a horrible ending, it was for the sake of having a happy ending to have that feel good moment in a series, albeit not having good results. I enjoyed it for more the art, animation, sound, while the plot had an interesting premise, it was ultimately ruined by the ending - but I did like it I won't lie.

The ED scene was so pretty. :3

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 22, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
Some who are supposedly sure to be dead are alive all along?
O-kay...
Jun 22, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2013
ok we must admit it was an enjoyable anime, however...
it was way too repetitive with the hole "assassin of the week" and "i will protect you" thing
didn't like that everyone misteriously survived, and that is one of the main reasons for people not "buying it"
7/10
Jun 22, 2014 10:46 AM

May 2009
I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO THINK THIS IS A GOOD ANIME.
This is a the greatest example of how to ruin a series in 5 minutes.
I don't even have the words to describe how shitty this is
I have lost my beautiful time watching this MAJESTIC PIECE OF S H I T

Fuck your happy ending BULLSHIT!

IMA kill my parrot right after this

Jun 22, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2014
This. Was. Awful. I don't even- what did I just watch?!
Maybe I'm just stupid, but this made no sense!!!! I just didn't get it- so Tokaku killed Haru? But she, as well as everyone else are alive? Like, I'm pretty sure we all saw Chitaru and Hitsugi die...did time reverse, or did they just miraculously survive? 0_o

Man, I'm so bummed! I was so looking forward to this series, it looked awesome! But the pacing was all wrong, the characters got near to no development and it just seemed all over the place... -_- Music was awesome tho!!

Oh yeh, and not to mention why was there that random kiss, was the show trying to go with a Tokaku x Haru pairing? I found it a little odd that it wasn't even mentioned afterwards...the whole pool thing was kinda like the pool kiss in Strawberry panic tho lol XD
Strawberrycake48Jun 22, 2014 1:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2012
^ As for Haru, it is said in the episode she had titanium in her ribs which let her survive the stab.
Chitatu/Hitsugi being alive felt too anti-climatic in my opinion, but we don't know more about that.
why was there that random kiss
To let Tokaku breath, it didn't feel random at all to me, unless you mean something else.
Jun 22, 2014 2:31 PM

Jun 2012
A nice series with an ending too "happy" to my taste. Some of them surviving was kind of BS to me.
Jun 22, 2014 3:14 PM
Jun 2012
Tokaku just wished for everyone to be alive so meh

That series was somehow expected like that, even though the real part of it was only episode 11,

story development .. meh
tension .. just a little in the late series
characters .. somehow weak, too predictable
ending .. somehow predictable too, considering the characters and directing

==> I guess it's like all about battle scenes, which were animated well
and the art/music, I somewhat like it
Anime:
osu! :
Jun 22, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Sourire said:
yeah this was as bad as Danganronpa, maybe even worse..

The difference is,AnR had everyone to survive in the end,in DR there were only 6 survivors and everyone else really died.
doesn't make it any better.
Jun 22, 2014 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
Although the ending is "happy" but it is still outof my thought.How..... just HOW can Hitsugi and Chitaru and Hanabusa survive, also Nio? I really wonder. I am dissapointed about the ending. Yes, the ending is awaste of the character setting, it could be better if the staff deleted those needless scenes, since it can spare more time to detail the plot and characters. Also, if the staff has enough budget to make one ED per episode they should really make 24 episodes.
I hope the manga can give a different ending.
Jun 22, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
Yep, I call bullshit on that ending

Really, I would need a Nio focused spin-off to forgive this trainwreck...

Ah heck, an OVA would probably do the trick

~osuu
Jun 23, 2014 2:47 AM
Dec 2013
InfinitaSentiero said:
This is just my own interpretation to the ending.

"Consequently,the world is fulfilled by "Illusions"."

They never state what Tokaku's wish was in the end although it was speculated that the "Happy End" is her wish.

What if,Nio did survive and Tokaku's wish was "Fabrication of memories".

My evidence lies in the ending song of the episode. I shall quote :
"Each and every person, turns back to their memories, and finds, their direction to go to. Even the riddle being the riddle it is, hurry to the final station, in the scenery you've never seen before."

Remember in the episode,Nio can do hypnotism which shows that she can hypnotise Tokaku so that ending part of the episode is real to her.

If you look from the outer perspective,it looks like a good ending. But if u think deeper and another perspective, you will see this ending as a different ending. I'm not sure if that is what the director is aiming for,but if he is,the ending is might not be as bad as we all thought it would be.

Everyone will have their own answers to this ending. But if you just gonna judge it based on seeing then obviously the ending will looks suck-ish to you. Its called Akuma no Riddle for a reason you know. :)

Im not a very good at explaining but i hope some of you guys read this understood it and thanks for reading. :)

nice try. but there is a big hole in your theory : Nio was also dead
Jun 23, 2014 2:48 AM

Oct 2010
Well that was a disappointing ending.
Jun 23, 2014 2:50 AM

Oct 2010

All that, and that's the ending they go with? I was hoping for a yoshimitsu type ending. Tokaku using the sword to stab herself and haru with one blow.

In the beginning, I said this anime had a dangan ronpa feel to it. I must apologize to the writers of dangan ronpa. I disgraced their work.
Jun 23, 2014 5:03 AM
Jun 2014
I only started watching this on the 20th so I marathoned most of it. I really enjoyed it for the most part. I had no idea it was tagged as a Yuri at first, not until I finished the show but I definitely think there was room for more romance. I nice bit of dialogue between Haru and Tokaku when they were open with each other would have been enough for me. As anyone who's watched Clannad knows,

I can only describe the final episode as clunky. A pretty non-dramatic final fight but with a really nice tragedy going on. "I must learn the truth at a terrible price or live with a delusion." Only for the credits to roll and have it not be clear as to whether it's what's actually happening or whether this is Tokaku's 'desire that cannot possibly be fulfilled'. The problem with it being the former is that it would invalidate the tragedy. There would still be questions as to whether Tokaku protected Haru of her own free will. Although, thinking about it, I doubt Tokaku would have known about the Titanium rib. If that was definitely what caused her to miss the heart then I think there would be no question that Tokaku (subconcious and all) believed that she delivered a killing blow.
Jun 23, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
great anime ending was strange i didn't "hate" it but it wasm't what i was expecting >.> 8/10
[/quote]
Jun 23, 2014 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
Well... that ultimate happy ending was just disgusting... After all that this is how it ends? :/ Everyone survives and pretty much becomes a better person. Of course.
I mean it's not like I expected much from this anime, but this was even worse. Underdeveloped characters, plot that doesn't actually goes anywhere, not even the action scenes were anything above average...

I would have given it a 5-6/10, but with such a lame ending it gets a 4/10 :(
Jun 23, 2014 10:25 AM
Jun 2014
Ok so...there was no yuri...except for Romeo and Juliet girls ( sorry watching and reading too many titles to remember them all ) and the president,cos it's her name ¬¬ I don't think there can be a "reset button" cos they seem to have learned something, I mean Bamba is "free" from Shinya, or rather she has learnt to cope without him/her whatever, Hanabusa seems to want other things besides being a queen and all...so it's like they have awesome technology and kept them alive and waiting until... I don't know...

I liked the series but I was like WHAT...aha..eh? -_- at the end, hope the manga goes better,then again it's pretty similar so guess I won't hope for much.
Jun 23, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2013
Wasn't the OVA confirmed to be pure fanservice with no depth whatsoever? I wouldn't go and expect a explanation to any of this, apart from the Q&A (which I'm unsure whether it already happened or not) in which they usually like to subtly dodge the answers they know they can't answer to.
Jun 23, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2013
wtf is this bullshit? you can't just kill haru and throw in titanium ribs like that. seriously, i feel so trolled.
Jun 23, 2014 10:16 PM
Nov 2012
I don't know if I should be more happy or disappointed by that ending, (not that the ending was entirely bad, it just kinda killed the atmosphere of the Anime...)
Jun 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Oct 2013
Ending was unexpected and kinda crappy imo. I'll give it a 7/10. That's being generous if anyone's wondering.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jun 23, 2014 10:52 PM
Apr 2014
Perhaps I missed it but I don't think we learnt anything about the teacher? I was very disappointed with the ending of this show, it felt very rushed and anti-climatic.
Jun 23, 2014 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
Why didn't anyone actually die? Le sigh. -__-

*deleted*
Jun 24, 2014 6:49 AM

Jun 2011
Final episode was messed up, it didnt really feel satisfying. Decent series. There wasnt anything great about the series though. The anime was kinda flat throughout. Only thing that was good about the show was probably the numerous ED.
5/10
Jun 24, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
Tokaku vs Haru!

I thought that Tokaku using a katana was weird lol, since all she used were knives and pistols O.o

I guess that's Nio using a power to look like Tokaku.

Guess I was right lol, that's Nio using her black arts.

Hmm, did Haru and Nio really die?

So both are alive and kicking in the end lol.

Once again... poor sensei T.T

It's nice to see that all of girls are alive and well but... Isuke's mother is the that guy and her father another guy lol?

Well it's great that Tokaku and Haru are together.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.