Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion

Jun 20, 2014 10:31 PM

Haha wow, what a bullshit asspull. This show was the disappointing thing I've seen for a while and I really can't even bring myself to rate it anything near decent, so... 2/10 it is. Thank god it's over.

Jun 20, 2014 10:53 PM

WHY DID I COME IN WITH SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS

Kenmochi got no attempt of assassination, poisoned, doesn't get no ending theme, still alive and doesn't give any shits at all. I was hoping she would make some sort of revenge comeback out of being cheated from the series but NOPE
Modified by Tyrel, Jun 21, 2014 12:10 AM

Jun 20, 2014 11:04 PM

If the show ended at 14.23, it would've been so perfect for me. Tokaku just "won" black class, but at the cost of what gave her life. If the show ended with her crying about that loss and not giving us any more, it would've been brilliant; near perfection.

Unfortunately we got that ending... That horrible, horrible ending. The ending could be interpreted as Tokaku's wish. But if that was so, it should've been more clear on whether it was. And most unfortunate is you can't unsee that. I wish I had closed it at 14.23. But alas, my favourite show of the season ends on a very weak note.

Jun 20, 2014 11:29 PM

This was an odd ending, but all I care about is that Hitsugi and Chitaru are alive and together even if it doesn't make any sense.
Modified by Mukkura, Jun 20, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 20, 2014 11:44 PM

So...in the end...nothing actually happened. Literally. Nothing happened accept Haru and Tokaku became an item.

There was nothing good about this. At all. I feel ashamed for being excited about an all girl assassin anime when watching the PVs prior to airing. This was about as thrilling as drinking a glass of water on an average day with an average level of parchness.

4 or 5/10.

Jun 20, 2014 11:58 PM
10 Assassins and no one died. I'm not against with happy ending but seriously? There i goes getting my hope highs expecting something goods from this last episodes 4/10

Jun 21, 2014 12:15 AM

Does this ending honestly make ANY sense whatsoever?

I mean seriously....NOTHING makes sense...

The level of HAX on this anime is just too big to ignore.

I liked the journey but the destination is so goddamn confusing I literally have no words to properly describe it.

Jun 21, 2014 12:23 AM

I don't mind a happy ending, but this one is a meh -.-
Had some characters stayed dead, the ending would have been much more awesome.

Enjoyed the overall series, though~

Jun 21, 2014 12:29 AM
MisakaTheRailgun said:
WHY DID I COME IN WITH SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS

Kenmochi got no attempt of assassination, poisoned, doesn't get no ending theme, still alive and doesn't give any shits at all. I was hoping she would make some sort of revenge comeback out of being cheated from the series but NOPE

I feel like your avatar is applicable here haha. I dropped the show since ep 7 and just came back to see if the ending was alrite enough to pick it back up. Glad I didn't waste my time.

Jun 21, 2014 12:39 AM
Is Tokaku head of Azuma now? She's wearing those dragons on her jacket similar to how Nio has those birds.

I know we all easily accepted Hanabusa being part robotic so some TITANIUM ribs shouldn't be so surprising...... but seriously?!?!?

We didn't get Shiena's background story did we? or am I the only one who missed it? No idea why she hacked into Myojo's servers.

I really like happy endings too but uhh, ummm, this ending... right, it's an anime-ending, oh of course that's 99% why it sucked, complete bs stuff out of thin air and was disappointing. Seems to be the same feel as most of the posts here - overall okay, horrible ending episode, but a happy ending - ended up being quite conflicted.

Jun 21, 2014 12:51 AM

well, that was shit ending...

for the series it is 5 + 1 for different ED song every time and most of them were pretty good...
Modified by Thorden, Jun 21, 2014 1:01 AM

Jun 21, 2014 1:10 AM

What a let down.

The setting was pretty interesting.
Some character designs were pretty good.

However, the villain of the week approach they took was so lame, and the plot development was terrible.
Plus, every character's background and personality was so generic that none of them were interesting.
Then to top it all off, that ending. What the fuck was that?

So much wasted potential, its a shame.

3/10

Jun 21, 2014 1:11 AM

Ahhh man I knew that wasn't Tokaku from the very beginning. It was a...fine ending, I guess, but a pretty intense ride. 7/10

Jun 21, 2014 1:12 AM

Well, that was odd. . .
I know why Tokaku was trying to kill Haru, but it just seemed rather of retarded to me.
As for why their all alive, the only thing that makes sense is that Tokaku's wish somehow brought them all back to life, and I have to admit, that I'm a little happy that it ended on a positive note.
My primary gripe is that Kenmochi Shiena's part was cut short, she didn't even have her own ending song, which makes me feel as though her voice actress (Yamada Yuki) got the short end of the stick, especially since this is her first role.
I hope the special that's coming out in December covers Shiena, and gives her a proper ending while it's at it.

Jun 21, 2014 1:27 AM
OVER 9000

I was gonna give it an 7/10, but the random ending... all of the assassins survived lol. I was expecting at-least 2 or even 3 to be dead. And it was also kinda confusing at times. I was happy Haru survived. So happy ending I suppose. :)

So, my final rating is 6/10. It's fine/good

Jun 21, 2014 1:31 AM

Huh, I thought it WAS Tokaku in the beginning and the one that rescued Haru was Nio (disguised as Tokaku). I'm going to have to rewatch it again.

Overall, I really liked the start, but couldn't get over Haru's naivety in the middle then things got cleared up at the end.

Not too pleased with the Mai-HiME-esque end but enjoyed it nonetheless. So much for yuri though... 7/10.

Jun 21, 2014 2:47 AM

The ending was bullshit. There were no deaths in this anime to begin with. I was excited because I thought Tokaku would kill the annoying Haru at last -_- Also, I didn't like the explanation about Haru's clan and the whole purpose of the Black Class, it seems to me that they had to find a better idea for it, something more interesting. Not this whole ''I manipulated you subconsciously'' thing.

4/10 for me, only because it was nicely animated.
"He's already special. Because he was... born into this world."

Jun 21, 2014 3:17 AM

Mixed feelings of this episode, anti climatic but overall I enjoyed this series... get's a 8/10 for me. The beginning surely caught me off guard and I am glad Tokaku didn't turn on Haru. Was the key word....joy? lol it did show 3 spaces like "_ _ _" so :/ I have no idea, thoughts?

Jun 21, 2014 3:54 AM

Woulda rated this an 8 but seriously this episode was SHIT. Rating down to 6.

VERY Anticlimactic makes me fucking mad.So I assume Tokaku's wish is for everyone to live and have a normal life or something. Like serious? After the Nio san ED I thought that the last episode would be fuckign awesome with Nio suiciding.

Jun 21, 2014 3:58 AM

I actually cant believe what you're all saying, NONE OF THEM SURVIVED. Haru daydreamed them all living and seeing what possible outcomes could have had happened, in all the scenes you see some of them having their diploma's but she was still holding onto them, CAN YOU RETARDS THINK?

This is why I hate the anime community, the amount of weaboos who don't have any form of education or degrees
Modified by jigsawltd, Jun 21, 2014 4:03 AM

Jun 21, 2014 4:03 AM
Mugen_Time said:
Huh, I thought it WAS Tokaku in the beginning and the one that rescued Haru was Nio (disguised as Tokaku). I'm going to have to rewatch it again.

though... 7/10.

Im pretty sure it was tokaku in the beginning.

Jun 21, 2014 4:07 AM

jigsawltd said:
I actually cant believe what you're all saying, NONE OF THEM SURVIVED. Haru daydreamed them all living and seeing what possible outcomes could have had happened, in all the scenes you see some of them having their diploma's but she was still holding onto them, CAN YOU RETARDS THINK?

This is why I hate the anime community, the amount of weaboos who don't have any form of education or degrees

Wut then how did Haru survive. Tokaku stabbed him. Don't tell me she has titanium ribs holy shit man. That came out of nowhere. Was she wearing titanium bra then? Yo that is so convenient

Jun 21, 2014 4:13 AM

Her*
It wouldn't be a surprise if she did, you saw how she was targeted and scarred, she would've have had a lot of parts replaced from all the attacks she received in her life

Jun 21, 2014 4:13 AM

l o l......it wasn't the last episode that was lame......The whole thing was lame.

But i was happy to see Isuke on vacation with her dads for some reason......hah

Jun 21, 2014 4:14 AM

Damn it show, I wanted to judge you critically if you had even semi bitter sweet ending. But you didn't you gave me the happiest ending possible in an incredibly sloppy manner that is filled with plenty of plot hole. Lucky for you, I am sucker for happy endings to series with completely dark premises. So I bumped your score up by two points even though I could go on for hours about your multiple continuity errors. You gave a good ending to characters that I thought were dead, though I'm just going to rationalize that as the will of the Primer that Haru controls. Either way, while it was filled with incredibly stupid moments, I still enjoyed Akuma no Riddle more than any rational human being should.

Jun 21, 2014 4:19 AM
That's.....silly.

Jun 21, 2014 4:33 AM

Oh God that ending... it doesn't make any sense... this the worst ending i have ever seen! (just joking i saw school days...)
Modified by Episode, Jun 21, 2014 4:36 AM
The first requirement of being a hero isn't being right.It's being strong.That's why the hero always wins.

Maloween candies:

X11

Jun 21, 2014 5:09 AM

First comment I make on this website, but I just have to say that this ending is craptastic, my BS radar is off the charts with this one.

Even Chitaru & Hitsugi are alive, wonderful, let's all be bestests friends forever in sweetest wonderland, where no one dies because the author felt like making a nonsense happy ending.

Jun 21, 2014 5:35 AM

Just brutal, if the end game does not beat all, you are not worthy.

Jun 21, 2014 5:45 AM
My question is.. Tokaku was initially the one who "won" the black class games. But then we find out that Haru actually survives because the knife hit one of her titanium bones and not the heart.

Does this mean that Tokaku didn't get her wish after all, and Haru did?
If Haru "won", wouldn't she have to take the position of the chairperson Yuri then, as we were told in the episode before?

Did no ones wish become granted?
Someone explain this to me, I might be dumb or something =/

Insanity lives deep within ourselves

Jun 21, 2014 5:51 AM

Poor school days always in bad endings discussion , it was a good ending for me tho .

Jun 21, 2014 5:54 AM

Well, I feel betrayed trolled. Two Tokaku's huh?

Anyways, thank God Haru is alive and saw the 11 girls alive! Ahahahahaha, trolled. 7/10
[center]

Jun 21, 2014 6:19 AM
well, as noted earlier Tokaku's wish might aswell have been pushing the "reset" button....

The ending was bad. no one would have expected that. way to ruin a good anime.. ;_;

Jun 21, 2014 6:44 AM
Didn't expect anything at all but at least some designs were good.

Jun 21, 2014 7:08 AM

This final inception was kind! For me all died less Tokaku, the anime ends when she says that her desire can not be done, and this desire was to see all alive and have Haru graduating, so she imagined everything that happened at the end. I at least hope has been that, because this ending was worst impossible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the

Jun 21, 2014 7:25 AM

The ending isnt as bad as people think and its pretty straight foward tbh

why do u expect realism in an anime that showed no realism to begin with

Jun 21, 2014 7:30 AM

4/5

Oh God, I was about to cry for Haru, when at the end all the girls better or worse, live their lives as normal people (almost all).
Too bad there were not too many explanations of how they survived and how they ended up in different places.
Anime with a lot of potential, a good start, with a decline in the middle and with a nice shot in the final.
Unfortunately, the ending was not so great and the fighting have left too many outstanding issues.
The drawings and animations were not bad, not too bad scenarios.
The characters were very good and well characterized. A series of this kind had to be at least 25 episodes, too hurried his narrative.
I do not know, but for now, my final vote of 6.5 / 10!

Jun 21, 2014 7:46 AM
Terrible ending to an ok anime. Every anime doesn't require a happy ending.

Jun 21, 2014 8:26 AM

jigsawltd said:

lolwut? None of them had their diplomas

Jun 21, 2014 8:26 AM

Some arcs were good, some arcs were bleh. The ending though drags it down into a merely passable action romp. They could have done by cutting down the number of assassins and focusing on the ones with the more interesting back stories. I also could have done with more yuri than there was during the build-up to this show.

6/10

Jun 21, 2014 8:33 AM

Simply the chairwoman was god and Tokaku wished for averyones dream to come true, duuh!!!

Jun 21, 2014 8:45 AM

Disappointments all around. Nio fight, disappointing. Haru x Tokaku resolution, somewhat disappointing. Assassination attempts, disappointing. The cast coming back in the end, disappointing. I didn't really expect them to clean up everything in 20 minutes, but this was overall disappointing. If only they got it on at the end, I would say it would've been worth it in the end, but of course they don't.

Alright characters with good design, although the execution was mediocre. Unique EDs are a nice touch and it was amusing to watch everything blow up on itself. Now, if only someone else took these characters and made a much better plot... then the series could be salvaged.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.

Jun 21, 2014 9:20 AM

Ah ah, take that Shiro! People don't die when they are killed!

Still don't understand why would Totaku kill(or try to kill) Haru... Would someone explain that to me?

Oh, and I also didn't understant that "survive from 12 assassins" thing. The advantage of an assassin is the surprise and kill the target before he notice you. What is the point if you have to tell the target that you will kill him?
What is this? Ansatsu Kyoushitsu? xD
Modified by Veldin461, Jun 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Jun 21, 2014 9:45 AM

Wait... if we pretend that everything happened after Haru getting stabbed is Haru's eventual-death hallucination, it may explain how everyone got revived.
She imagined that she eventually graduated, that she somehow avoided death, that she and tokaku are still friends, and everyone of her classmates are alive and well. Like, isn't the ending something that Haru would want rather than something that is probable?

Jun 21, 2014 9:52 AM

No seriously?! How can everyone be alive?? I was so sure at least the RomeoxJuliet(poison) pair had died...
And really damn tenacious Haru --" I was wondering how she could give the diplomas to dead people but well turns out it won't be impossible...

Also I'm a bit confused.. Tokaku with a sword was actually Nio or the real Tokaku in the end?? Should actually be the real Tokaku since she said she wanted to kill her cause she wanted to prove she wasn't controlled... But then did Nio try to save Haru so that she could kill her herself?

Jun 21, 2014 9:54 AM

Well that sucked ...

Jun 21, 2014 10:09 AM

Lyrisia said:
Also I'm a bit confused.. Tokaku with a sword was actually Nio or the real Tokaku in the end?? Should actually be the real Tokaku since she said she wanted to kill her cause she wanted to prove she wasn't controlled... But then did Nio try to save Haru so that she could kill her herself?

Yup, Tokaku with the sword was the real one. Nio "saved" Haru and gave her the whole spiel about dark arts in order to gain her trust and eventually backstab her. In other words, they both wanted to kill Haru lol

Anyways, terrible ending that took down an already average-at-best anime. There was virtually no character development and the assassination attempts were underwhelming at best, possibly barring Banba and Hanabusa. Seriously, if the episode ended with Tokaku's line about her wish never being granted, I would have thought a lot better about this anime.

Jun 21, 2014 10:22 AM

Beautiful ending.

Jun 21, 2014 10:25 AM
Nio was a bit disappointing as a final boss. Takeshi managed to overpower her, Chitaru seemed even with Tokaku, and Hanabusa straight up kicked her ass, even when she could already kill.

Jun 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Well at least they got happy ending but I really want to know how all them are still alive !!
Modified by RedChrome, Jun 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »