Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 14, 2017 2:15 PM
Jan 2016
It was a brilliant anime, but the ending ruined everything. It would absolutely become one of my favorites if it was the ending everyone expected.
My theory is that when Azuma killed Haru, her wish was to press the reset button and everything coming back to normal, and the ones who died (kirigaya, etc) being alive. Tho, it was an absolute disaster. Rated 3/10 because the ending disappointed me more than everything.
Jan 21, 2017 4:34 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Bringing the dead back to life for no reason?! This anime was GREAT and they fucked us in the end. Keizou Kusakawa is a piece of crap and I hate him as a Director for ending it like that. Did he work on Mirai Nikki too?! Douche.
Jan 22, 2017 6:22 AM

Dec 2012
Total bullshit.
5/10
Apr 30, 2017 3:09 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, that was quite a ride. It went from a mediocre start, to a bad middle part and just when I thought it stays good from episode 6 onwards it went total bullshit in the final. I love happy ends as much as everyone, but that was just.. it literally made everything meaningless.

Under normal circumstances I would give this a 4 at best, but I'm a little shoujo ai fanboy and despite beeing cringy and wannabe dark it was actually quite enjoyable overall, so I bump it up to a strong 5.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2017 10:29 PM

May 2012
The best I can figure out is that Tokaku's wish was for everyone to graduate from Class Black. And that's why you see people alive and generally happy, the diplomas were all written for them and ready to go. If they had "transferred out" then a diploma wouldn't have been made. So it kind of reset the timeline of events? The real problem was the lack of explanation or showing that scene, it is like a cop out and the writing took a turn for the worst in the last 2 eps, no explaining anything. It's almost as if the writer realized they had to finish in just 2 eps and rushed it.
Aug 18, 2017 12:23 PM
Mar 2017
---------------Compilation
How could some of them be alive? I do not know. When were they allowed to use the dragon balls and revive them with Krillin?
Unlike others, I was not very surprised or disgusted by the ending "HAPPY", since the show had clearly accumulated in the "do not kill" set (Final for children)

That said, I'm still not happy with the ending - I just hoped it turned out differently (sensei baka!). I think this would have been better if it had been darker and the characters were dying. Still, it's not a bad series overall, but it's not great either.

Forced drama and everyone was revived by magic, awesome.

Deus Ex Machina, Deus Ex Machina EVERYWHERE

I think Tokaku was really trying to kill Haru, and at first it was Nio who saved her. (Since killing her is the only way of knowing that he was not manipulating her) What a kink. I thought it a bit, but it makes sense now.

The Banba scene at the end did not make sense. Where was the development of the character or the closure that allowed her to move from her divided personality? (I suppose she can already face herself to her problems and not need help from another personality ..)

I guess "graduating from the black class" is a great thing (surviving Haru), but it's only in its tenth year ... that's like freshman high school in Japan, right? It's not like they finish their education ... xD

We did not have the Shiena story, did we? Or am I the only one who got lost? I had no idea why he invaded Myojo's servers.
At first, I said that this anime had a Dango Dancon feel. I must apologize to the writers of dangan ronpa. I dishonored his work.

The answer to the riddle is forgiveness (although I am going to "Life") .........
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
As a good man of Anime I can not leave without putting another end (THEORY!) Better
Consequently, the world is full of "Illusions." "

They never say Tokaku's wish at the end, although it was speculated that the "Happy End" is his wish.

"And yes, Nio survived, and Tokaku's desire was" Making Memories. "

My evidence is in the final song of the episode (ENDING). I'll quote:
"All people are the same, they turn their gaze to their memories in their own way as they find their way to follow.These riddles remain a mystery, but as we move away from that scenario we have never seen, we approach the final station"

Remember in the episode, Nio can do hypnotism that shows that he can hypnotize Tokaku so that everything at the end of the episode is real for her.
(Which makes you a boring end, I end up creating another (?)
Although the theory goes to the garete to know that Nio also could have died XD
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
Maybe the point of this anime is forgiveness, just like you want to be forgiven for your mistakes that also want to be forgiven and to forgive others means to pass past what happened.

Although an interesting perspective, I think this did a poor job if I was really trying to get that message across.
This never stuck with me as the central theme. There was never any real development in the killers to justify this forgiveness other than that Haru was too optimistic and the girls would not kill her because of Black Class conditions. I mean, Haru was so naive that she believed every word her companions said despite knowing her intentions. His character was as shallow as the stab that was deflected by his titanium ribs ... oh wait. There may be a supernatural explanation in this (first). Yes, the power that made the killers become noob more than I did not know XD
7/10, to see the OVA.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 8, 2017 3:57 AM

Dec 2014
Why didn't Tokaku graduate even thou she passed class black?
Dec 20, 2017 10:22 PM

May 2017
I hope there is never a season 2, what trash.
Dec 23, 2017 2:45 PM
Nov 2017
Sorry, Ik this isnt allowed in this discussion, but the manga is better, the ending end is better I guess and there is a kiss (well ish)
Dec 27, 2018 8:35 PM
Nov 2016
i really loved some of these characters and wanted to like this show but...

that ending was so weak oh my god.
Apr 20, 2019 4:40 AM

Jul 2016
lll555rrr said:
i really loved some of these characters and wanted to like this show but...

that ending was so weak oh my god.

Weak ending for a weak show
Sep 17, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2013
The ending was fucking lame. It makes no any sense.
This show is a total waste of time.
GvendolineSep 18, 2019 1:46 AM
Feb 23, 2020 12:13 AM

Oct 2019
Some grills got stabbed and poisoned and yet they all live a happy life on the ending (except 1 person for staying on prison). I'm not really sure if anyone even take this show seriously.
andrearionaFeb 23, 2020 12:27 AM
Apr 22, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2016
Episode 12
I guess Tokaku's wish was for Haru's wish to come true. Everyone graduated like Haru wanted. The first part of episode 12 was kinda meh, but I really like the second part. I'm glad that the characters I like are alive and doing okay. I am disappointed that Isuke and Otoya did not die, but that isn't what Haru would want so it's okay.

Series 6/10
The anime was fine. It wasn't bad but it could've been better. It felt rushed and I wish we could've gotten to know the characters better. It feels like the manga is probably better because of the anime's pacing.

Side note:
I did not realize this was Shojo-ai until I saw it MAL. Did I miss something by watching it dubbed? Is it because of that one Chitaru x Hitsugi episode?
Oct 21, 2020 12:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well at least she graduated... even if she was alone xD
Overall it started with being quite bad and edgy but became better at the end, or at least entertaining, even if the animation overall is pretty meh, well I can't say I truly disliked it but found it average... 5/10
Jul 12, 2021 7:44 AM

Feb 2014
The fight with the two Tokakus felt annying and confusing.
When Tokaku killed Haru, I hated that. Tokaku could've just listened to her heart to resolve this for herself. Def. not worth it killing your gf for it, for Christ's sake.
When Tokaku said her wish now could never be fulfilled, it must have been before she was told Haru was alive, right?
Then the plottwist, Haru being alive because she has titanium ribs... Uhm, okay. But the assistant girl is alive as well. Okay, fair, because she still talked after being stabbed (more logical than Haru being alive imo).

Aaand everyone else in the class was alive as well?!?! Especially the two Romeo and Juliet girls, how the heck?!!
And the very murderous girl that came to the tea party although it was a big "no-no" was unharmed as well? Huh.
Everyone in this show for sure sucked at actually killing. -_-

I was extremely let down by the last episode. It'll drop my rating from 9 (= 8 + 1 point extra for Shojo Ai) to 5.
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Jul 22, 2021 4:43 AM

Feb 2020
A happy ending. :3

Overall, a decent show, but the plot was kinda ridiculous.

SerafosDec 29, 2023 6:42 AM
Jul 12, 2022 3:34 PM
May 2022
well yeah, it was a bit confusing, but what I’m most mad about was the romance. I mean, besides a one sided kiss, nothing happened. Tokaku never said anything about it, and they never officially became a couple. So I feel like this is not exactly a bad series, it was just poorly executed.
Mar 6, 2023 11:59 AM

Aug 2021
eh there should at least be a scene of tokaku finding out that haru is alive
cuz it just kinda happened like its nothing
literally after tokaku said that her wish is impossible to grant, she believed that she actually killed haru
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM
Jun 2022
i love it. i love all the girls. this episode was billiant. maybe a bit slow and quiet. but is the end of the road. so dramatic and with dark tone. aa always. the tension is present every time. i really love it. i don't want to spoiler. but another laat fight would have been amazing.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.