Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion

Jun 20, 2014 12:18 AM

the mech combat in this anime is just great no need 4 lvl ups or power ups, even tho it mechs fighting aliens the story n combat has got that cold harshness fell 2 it action like that is just priceless

Jun 20, 2014 12:25 AM

This was incredible and pumping
So much tension and thrills build up with only 3/4 of the first platoon left over and the second one annihilated
Missle, Hyggs cannon and those platoons firing up the dwarf planet with Gauna hive was awesome to follow

The only downside was the screentime of Kunio

Finale is coming next and it's such a shame it's going to end for now

Jun 20, 2014 12:27 AM
FatefulLove said:

Why isn't this the mecha anime that has 24+ episode. That was quite the spot to leave it at. Pierce the heavens Gauna!

I fully expect a second season to be announced for this Fall at the end of next weeks episode.

Jun 20, 2014 12:35 AM

2nd season or not, I'm going straight into the manga.

Jun 20, 2014 12:37 AM

God damn Benisuzume.. that thing is a better pilot than Hoshijiro.

I mean 1 against 24 and not one of them can evade it? da fuck is happening??!!

That drawf planet is creepy too.. all tentacles

Jun 20, 2014 12:39 AM
Lala had somewhat of a sad look on her face =/.
That frame formation looked amazing again.
Benisuzume went on a rampage. Platoon 2 had very bad luck.
I can see the strain on Yuhata. It's not easy being in her position.

Jun 20, 2014 12:51 AM

Awesome ep.

Dat Hyggs cannon is really friggin strong.

Benisuzume is too OP XD total Ownage of an entire platoon in a few seconds lol

PV has Izana bleeding lets see how that goes ^^;

Jun 20, 2014 1:28 AM
Wow I really shouldn't have watched this ep, the wait for next week is going to be ridiculous!!

Jun 20, 2014 1:48 AM

Wow that was intense!!
I hope there will be a second season, either way i'm going to start the manga soon!

Jun 20, 2014 2:19 AM

Damn, just damn. Next episode please.

2 questions:

Does anyone know how are the ratings/sales/predictions looking for this show? Any chances of season 2?

Also, is it still faithful to manga or is it deviating so it'd have a meaningful ending?

Jun 20, 2014 2:34 AM

nina4life said:
Damn, just damn. Next episode please.

2 questions:

Does anyone know how are the ratings/sales/predictions looking for this show? Any chances of season 2?

Also, is it still faithful to manga or is it deviating so it'd have a meaningful ending?

I can only answer your second question. From what I can remember they been about 87 to 93 percent faithful to the manga. They rearranged a few scenes and cut some battles, but the core spirit of Sidonia has remained intact.

"Put a centipede inside the ear. Go on a date to the bookstore and have your insides gently scrambled."

Jun 20, 2014 3:43 AM

TanukiKid said:
Looks like the Death Star's got a little competition.

Competition? Sidonia blows Deathstar out of water in every way...

Especially when second season comes around.

GTCknight said:

Actually that was in volume 10 where as this battle was taken from volume 5.

The death count in this battle is already 34 of 48 dead. And Sidonia had only about 250 pilots left before the battle. Ow. The death toll is heavy. Losing 15% of your troops in a single battle. AND it's not over yet!
Modified by UnsightlyWalrus, Jun 20, 2014 3:48 AM

Jun 20, 2014 3:44 AM

This episode had me to the edge of my seat, epic!
Season 2 please!!

Platoon 2 got MURKD man they don't fack around when it comes to death in this series. 5/5

Jun 20, 2014 3:59 AM

asfhaskjfhaskgahsuijofhiuofhbasuijgfasjngfasjnfasfa

Freaking intense.
Those sound effects, those weapons, that missile, that freaking laser beam thing, the 48 gardes formation, that everything.
asfdkasjfuibuias

5 out of freaking 5.

Oh btw, how are they going to make it back now that most of the gardes are gone and they are low on energy? Can they still catch up to Sidonia, assuming they survive?

Jun 20, 2014 4:05 AM

Botato said:
Oh btw, how are they going to make it back now that most of the gardes are gone and they are low on energy? Can they still catch up to Sidonia, assuming they survive?

Logic dictates that the Sidonia catches up to them. And they are already on their way to Sidonia along with that planet.

Jun 20, 2014 4:10 AM

Defining episode of Spring 2014 to date.

Jun 20, 2014 5:04 AM

UnsightlyWalrus said:
Botato said:

Logic dictates that the Sidonia catches up to them. And they are already on their way to Sidonia along with that planet.
Oh right lol
The episode was so AWESOME I forgot the Gauna and Sidonia were closing in on each other XP
Silly me.
FREAKING AWESOME EPISODE.
BRING SEASON 2 NAO!!!

Jun 20, 2014 5:09 AM

nina4life said:

According to this, the first volume sold almost 6k BDs.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Jun 20, 2014 5:39 AM

Anime original ending where everyone gets wiped out?

Seriously though the Benisuzume is a real beast, damn how the hell did they ever manage to survive the Guana before finding the Kabizashi?

Jun 20, 2014 6:03 AM
Kami-sama

http://puu.sh/9C44b/4aa0ea5ef2.jpg

Obviously talking about the size of my.
Nevermind.

Jun 20, 2014 6:27 AM
I ❤ Ahegao

That Hyggs Cannon though. God damn, son. The sound ;-;

Jun 20, 2014 6:31 AM
RIP to platoon 2, 1 more to go.

Jun 20, 2014 6:49 AM

Seriously that Kunato is still fixated on piloting that Tsugumori... Why does it matter even so much, he's stupid... wishing the world would end just cause he didn't get that thing... he should be the one to die --"

Jun 20, 2014 7:22 AM

This anime is simply the BEST SCI-FI of this season !

Jun 20, 2014 7:39 AM

Freaking wow. Was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”

Jun 20, 2014 7:58 AM

ReaperCreeper said:

They aren't going for original ending as this battle is taken from manga with some edits such as replacing an asteroid with dwarf planet covered in placenta where in manga the gauna just turned a crater on the asteroid into an engine, same as in anime.

In the manga the entire first platoon also got wiped out by Benisuzume in that very same spot and manner. If you have read the manga, the episodes 11 and 12 is basically chapters 23-26.

Jun 20, 2014 8:58 AM

great ep i just hope this series has a "good" end

and yes KoS is one of the best sci-fi
sadly the anime is below the radar of a lot of people

Jun 20, 2014 10:02 AM
I like how the don't go with the cliches to make the ship symmetrical. Just one launcher for that huge missile and only one hyggs cannon. Pretty rare to see something like that.

Jun 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Very impressive visuals.
Great sense of scale.
Good battle so far.

Jun 20, 2014 10:28 AM

I can't believe I just started watching this series when it only has one episode left... -.-;

Yup, I marathoned it today. It's a pretty good series; I love sci-fis like these. Originally I was a little put off by the mecha tag though, to me mechas are normally horrendously dull and tedious. Thankfully the mecha cliché didn't seem to overrun the series like it normally does for others.

Kobayashi is awesome - I love her mask! And Izana is pretty cool too. Asexual, huh? So it doesn't matter what gender you are, you can like them either way! XD

Well, I just watched all 11 episodes. Good god I'm tired.

Jun 20, 2014 1:05 PM

xchee said:
nina4life said:

According to this, the first volume sold almost 6k BDs.

It was at 7k a week ago and even higher now. That link is old. This show is selling well in Japan. Generally 3k is where you break even and they have more than doubled that. Plus CG is much easier to animate long term since they've already got the models and shit. All signs point to season 2.

Jun 20, 2014 1:47 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Sci-Fi action doesn't get much better than this. Awesome episode. The sound effects are always are stellar. I swear the sound of that Hyggs Cannon got me hard.

If a season 2 is not announced (specially considering all the crap that gets a second season) there is no justice in this world.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2014 3:11 PM

I knew from the previous episode it would have a lot kill, but not that many. that "imortal counsel" just complains and does nothing.

I hope Izana not end up like hoshijiro. Anxious for the next episode.
Modified by Caio_Nihilus, Jun 20, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 20, 2014 4:53 PM

The music sounds like phantom of the opera in the battle

Jun 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Damn. This episode was intense. For a second I thought they had it.

Jun 20, 2014 5:54 PM

Great episode. Like some others users have mentioned, it had me on the edge of my seat. Also something that other users have mentioned is the sound. Fucking phenomenal sound effects.

After next week it'll be time for me to jump on the manga.

Jun 20, 2014 6:20 PM

UnsightlyWalrus said:
ReaperCreeper said:

They aren't going for original ending as this battle is taken from manga with some edits such as replacing an asteroid with dwarf planet covered in placenta where in manga the gauna just turned a crater on the asteroid into an engine, same as in anime.

In the manga the entire first platoon also got wiped out by Benisuzume in that very same spot and manner. If you have read the manga, the episodes 11 and 12 is basically chapters 23-26.

Thanks for the clarification, it wasn't an obvious joke I was making or anything.

Jun 20, 2014 8:13 PM

They are really pulling out all the stops there. Adjusting course, firing a planet buster,launching two Gardes platoons with new experimental weapons and then the hygss cannon for good measure.

Repect for Yuhata and Kobayashi there. Yuhata has to make up a new plan that promises the best result on the spot, and Kobayashi has to think them through even quicker if she wants to make a informed decision when Yuhata requests something. Unless she already simulated literally almost any outcome, which, given her experience, wouldn't be all that surprising. Would rise the question why she keeps an XO.

And Kunat..well, probably better that he didn't respond to the sortie order. He would have messed up another mission. Wonder what the punishment for refusal to obey orders is on the Sidonia. Given the shortage on pilots, especially skilled ones, they can hardly put him into prison or demote him.

Jun 20, 2014 9:25 PM

Great as usual. Last episode next week! :'(

season two announcement whennnnnn

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Jun 20, 2014 9:44 PM

Super intense episode! Man, Platoon 2 got completely annihilated in like 1 minute. Seeing all the X s on the screen as each one died was ridiculous. That Super Hyggs Cannon was awesome though! Sad it's going to end next week....

Jun 20, 2014 9:58 PM

702 is back...

Jun 20, 2014 10:23 PM

NIce, this episode was pretty intense.

Thank god Benisuzume is the only one of its kind otherwise they are screw, she destroyed a whole platoon.
Yuhata impressed me on this episode she was a bit cooler than usual.

Jun 20, 2014 10:37 PM

Poor Shidonians...

8/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Jun 20, 2014 11:21 PM
the fact that this anime get lower score than black bullet (with 3 same genre: sci-fi, action, seinen) make me surprised (actually no, it's MAL anyway)

nagate really BA with that new weapon
how much ammo they got for each person?
and they can detach the long barrel..wow
with they throw out all their new weapon and 1 platoon + 10 frame lost, even if they can win that's still pretty bad for sidonia's force

ugh, need better (larger) screen and better audio system..6/5

Jun 20, 2014 11:26 PM

So far the anime has been going at a good pace, especially since they get to stop at one of the best parts of the manga

Jun 20, 2014 11:46 PM

Whaaaaaat, this felt like 10min!

It was dumb not to take several Kabizashi units.

Darn Kunato, get your shit together. You may be an asshole, but you're a great pilot and your help would have mattered!

Jun 21, 2014 1:05 AM

NonStopRoad said:
the fact that this anime get lower score than black bullet (with 3 same genre: sci-fi, action, seinen) make me surprised (actually no, it's MAL anyway)

Lolis >>> bears xD

Jun 21, 2014 1:16 AM

NonStopRoad said:

nagate really BA with that new weapon
how much ammo they got for each person?
and they can detach the long barrel..wow
with they throw out all their new weapon and 1 platoon + 10 frame lost, even if they can win that's still pretty bad for sidonia's force

ugh, need better (larger) screen and better audio system..6/5

Black Bullet is a joke. While Sidonia has its fair share of flaws, it just really goes to show the level of taste most anime fans have (hint: not much).

This ep was good, but it sure took way many episodes to get to something of this sort. I hope there's a season 2, but I might just go to the manga instead of waiting.

Jun 21, 2014 3:19 AM

Cliffhanger, haha

Only one episode left. Shame..!!

Jun 21, 2014 4:29 AM
Good episode, but the guy that's getting depressed all day long for countless episodes now is getting on my nerves.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store