Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2014 4:32 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is really exciting! Can't wait to see the past of Hashirama and Madara animated.

(I have met Hidekatsu Shibata in person the last convention I attended... and now it really feels different hearing him again as the Third Hokage!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2014 4:34 AM

May 2013
Hashirama, the god of shinobi, acts carefree. Not to be expected from the most powerful guy in his time.

His fight with Madara. What power! I love those two. Surely one of the best fights in Naruto.
CreamZiJun 19, 2014 4:50 AM
Jun 19, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
Hashirama is too strong XD
Jun 19, 2014 4:57 AM

Jul 2013
Finally get to see the Hashirama flashbacks animated. Wish we got to see more of the Warring States Period, it is probably the most interesting era in Naruto for me (am I the only one that would like to see a spinoff series or something about this era? Next idea for a filler arc maybe?).

Nice episode. Good to see my boy Tobirama, though I'm expecting anime-only viewers to hate him (don't worry, we did initially as well).

Laughed so much when Hashirama was talking about Tsunade.

Susanoo-clad Kurama was pretty beastly, looked nice.

Next episode we'll finally get to see Hashirama's childhood, it has been a long wait since reading it.

4/5.
MinagatachiJun 19, 2014 5:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2014 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
Those last few minutes were beast.
Kurama with Susanoo armor is daaamn cool.
LOL Hashirama. funny guy.

Finally we'll get to see Hashirama and Madara when they were kids! :D
Can't wait. :D

Ah wait, no episode apparently next week. Been like this for the last 2 months now (no episode on last Thursday of the month)
SandyBoiJun 19, 2014 5:18 AM
Jun 19, 2014 5:06 AM
Feb 2013
Awesome episode,

I immediately liked Tobirama and his voice but Hashirama sounded a little underwhelming at first, also because of his shenanigans.
But then in the flashback with Madara he sounded great and I like his personality.

I do wonder though, next week we get to see a flashback with Hashirama and Madara, isn't this Naruto/Sasuke, Kakashi/Obito and a bit of Jiraiya/Orochimaru all over again?
Although it seems Orochimaru's plans have changed and I'm also interested in what Sasuke's thoughts will be and how he will turn out.
The four hokage's reunion surely was great though, can't wait for next week.
Jun 19, 2014 5:36 AM

Dec 2012
Seems like my opinion will be an unpopular one.

I really don't care about Hashirama & Madara's relationship, and am not looking forward to several weeks of flashbacks dedicated to it.
Jun 19, 2014 5:38 AM

Mar 2014
Amazing episode! The few minutes of Madara vs Hashirama were great. It was also cool knowing the personalities of Hashirama and Tobirama.

Kurama with Susanoo?!! Very powerful!

Next episode will have flashbacks of Madara and Hashirama, so it will be very interesting.
Jun 19, 2014 5:45 AM

Jul 2013
The Hashirama vs Madara flashback has finally arrived. This'll be epic (not that it isn't already :P)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 19, 2014 5:59 AM

Dec 2012
Most of the episode was just talking, but it went by so freaking fast. I kept getting goosebumps through out the episodes. That expression of the fourth Hokage, when he sensed Naruto.

Man, I really like the first Hokage now, didn't know he was funny, and chill. That little flashback of child Tsunade was so hilarious.

So much details expanded on previous info. A lot of nice build up for Sasuke's ultimate decision. I knew he got doubts and changed after he met Itachi again.

Very enjoyable episode imo, because of the interesting character interactions. 5/5

I'm more than looking forward to their backstory, and flashbacks. I just love them, and Naruto execute them the best imo.
Jun 19, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 2013
Looking forward to seeing the flashback of these two animated!

Hashirama is too care free xD
Jun 19, 2014 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
Rufeegee said:

I immediately liked Tobirama and his voice but Hashirama sounded a little underwhelming at first

Same here. I realized that the second Hokage was voiced by Pain's voice actor. No wonder he sounded awesome.

SandyBoi said:

Ah wait, no episode apparently next week. Been like this for the last 2 months now (no episode on last Thursday of the month)

Nooooo. Damn it.
Jun 19, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
good episode even if most was just talking

hashirama and madara flashback next
Jun 19, 2014 6:59 AM
May 2014
Great episode, I am really enjoying where this is going. The only problem? WHY DOES IT have to stop!! Damn. Now we must wait 2 weeks for the next 23 minute episode... ahh

life....

But yeah, totally back on to the Naruto bandwagon again. :D
Jun 19, 2014 7:07 AM

Mar 2014
Ah, this brings back so much memories of when the manga was at this point. What I'm most worried about at this point is whether the animation holds up and maintains its consistency or Studio Peirrot lets us down. That moment where Hashirama deflected Madara's bujuudama with his Shin Susenju looked pretty choppy and didn't feel quite as inpactful as it did the first time I read that scene.

Considering so much battles are coming up, I really hope they put in extra effort towards animating the fights adequately enough.
Jun 19, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
Is it just me or did this episode seem too short?
And now Sauce-Kay turning all soft
Aaaaand a new plot hole: If the 1st Hokage has the power to undo Orochimaru's reanimations, why didnt he do that the first time Orochimaru invaded Konoha?!
Jun 19, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
That was actually funny, especially the way the First Hokage acted in front of the others. Ah, so they are showing more fighting flashbacks between him and Madara as well. And that went out with a big cliffhanger too.

Looks like no episode next week.
Jun 19, 2014 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode again, Hashirama is just the best really funny as well didn't expect that. Want to see more of the hokages.
Jun 19, 2014 8:18 AM

Dec 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Aaaaand a new plot hole: If the 1st Hokage has the power to undo Orochimaru's reanimations, why didnt he do that the first time Orochimaru invaded Konoha?!

1/ Their personalities were shortly repressed during that time
2/ And more importantly

Tobirama: ''Orochimaru was it? you seem to be misunderstanding something. The fact that you upped the precision of the reanimation since the last time, shall be your downfall. Now that we have been reanimated closer to our original power, I can't be bound.''

Pay attention.
Jun 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
I really, really, REALLY enjoyed Hashirama's carefree personality. It was so refreshing in my opinion. The next episode preview sort of hints that this will be a filler, but it's much too early for another round of fillers..
Jun 19, 2014 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
Tonera said:
I really, really, REALLY enjoyed Hashirama's carefree personality. It was so refreshing in my opinion. The next episode preview sort of hints that this will be a filler, but it's much too early for another round of fillers..

There will be no fillers until the end of this year according to the director of the anime.

The things on the preview are canon.
tsudecimoJun 19, 2014 8:39 AM
Jun 19, 2014 8:43 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm.. The Whole episode looks pretty boring ... and just only the fight entertains me!!
Hokages are good!!
Good Episode!!!
Jun 19, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2013
Funny how the story picks up when the focus is on Sasuke. Finally here is my favorite part, Hashirama is exactly how I imagined him! He is a care free person but gets real when he has to. He lol'd when Tobirama told him to shut up but he showed him who's calling the shots when it comes to strenght.

I know that the parallel thing is overused in Naruto, we have Naruto/Sasuke, Kakashi/Obito, Jiraya/Orochimaru but the Madara/Hashirama story is the best executed imo. They had real problems on their plate not some silly rivalry for fangirls or who's got most talent or who is populair.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode. I liked Hashirama's personality. I hope we never go back to the war and just stay with those four :P.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 19, 2014 9:26 AM

May 2014
Another nicely animated episode, the exposition was handled well enough. And yes people, Hashirama is goofy carefree guy.

I'm just smirking and enjoying the anime, since I'm up to date with the manga and know what awaits.
T3hSourceJun 19, 2014 9:46 AM
Jun 19, 2014 9:38 AM
Jun 2014
Am I the only one who thought hashirama facepalming was the best part even the almighty god of shinobi fails in that case
Jun 19, 2014 9:44 AM

Mar 2014
Ok like Obito i didnt like Hashirana's voice, like at all. Other than that .... PURE EPICNESS
155/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 19, 2014 9:51 AM

Nov 2012
At least the flashback fillers look way more interesting this time.
Jun 19, 2014 9:54 AM
Jun 2014
Aichiro said:
At least the flashback fillers look way more interesting this time.
true that I've seen a few good fillers just none great i have high hopes for the flashbacks of madara and hashirama the only thing I deislike is hashirama looks weird as a kid
Jun 19, 2014 10:07 AM

Jun 2014
Lol hashirama is not what I expected him to be, I really hope sasuke becomes good after a long lecture from hashirama. Orochimaru is pretty cool too and I really want naruto to meet his father Minato!
Jun 19, 2014 10:40 AM
Sep 2007
a_cloud said:
Ok like Obito i didnt like Hashirana's voice, like at all.

Weird thing you say that, since Takayuki Sugo voiced Hashirama since long ago (when he was revived by Orochimaru during his attack on Konoha).

Same for Kenyu Horiuchi who was Tobirama's seiyu long before he started voicing Pain and Yahiko.

Wataru Takagi (Obito) voiced Tobi for years now too.
Jun 19, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty awesome Episode!!! Loved the Tsunade bit. It was Hilarious! This is pure Naruto awesomeness!
Jun 19, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
Good episode, these next few ones are the ones I've been wanting to see! Also people seem to think these next episodes are fillers, well they are not. They are indeed canon.
Jun 19, 2014 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was really good imo. I really cant wait until Minato meets Naruto..Hashirama seems pretty goat, laid back and powerful is to my liking especially since in this anime most of the really powerful ones are cold. But anyways I'm giddy for the next episodes. This Hashirama and Madara flashback is gonna be a good one.
NO.
Jun 19, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2007
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Is it just me or did this episode seem too short?
And now Sauce-Kay turning all soft

Because when orochimaru invaded konoho, they were mere puppets being controlled by him. If you remember he used the tags to erase there personality, so they were more like zombies and had no control over there actions, thus is why they were so incredibly weak as well at that time. This time how ever, there personalities are intact so they have complete control over there jutsu.

I figured they would extend the next flashback into filler, they have to make up some time somewhere other wise they are going to catch up way to quickly at the rate they are going. Honestly i am not to worried though, the warring states period is a very interesting historical time in the narutoverse time period. It would be interesting to create a filler based on that time period, maybe giving us even more background details then the manga had.

Jun 19, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Funny how the story picks up when the focus is on Sasuke. Finally here is my favorite part, Hashirama is exactly how I imagined him! He is a care free person but gets real when he has to. He lol'd when Tobirama told him to shut up but he showed him who's calling the shots when it comes to strenght.

I know that the parallel thing is overused in Naruto, we have Naruto/Sasuke, Kakashi/Obito, Jiraya/Orochimaru but the Madara/Hashirama story is the best executed imo. They had real problems on their plate not some silly rivalry for fangirls or who's got most talent or who is populair.

Indeed, its one of the most pivotal and important historical moments in naruto and where everything began, you know before

I truly can't wait for it and honestly i would not mind if they extended it a bit and added bits of filler there and there. Anything in the warrior states period can't be boring.

Jun 19, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Amazing episode,Hashirama is so funny and Tobi is so serious,next episode is a filler but it should be interesting with Madara and Hashirama as kids.

Jun 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
What are these filler claims coming from? The next episode and flashback are CANON.

I mean the episode ended with the first hokage talking about the past, so what are the basis for this filler talk? I'm guessing people are expecting the ending to madara vs harishma fight, but if I were to guess, we are going to be shown their first meeting as kids, and work it's way up to their final fight.
Jun 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2012
I've been waiting to see this arc animated since I read it in the manga, so excited to see it come to life.
Jun 19, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2013
link9us said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Indeed, its one of the most pivotal and important historical moments in naruto and where everything began, you know before

I truly can't wait for it and honestly i would not mind if they extended it a bit and added bits of filler there and there. Anything in the warrior states period can't be boring.

Tsudecimo, we know that its canon but we also know what lies ahead when this flashback is over so excuse us if we want to enjoy this moment for as long as possible xD
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 19, 2014 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
Funny start to a conversation "Who the hell are you"
Jun 19, 2014 1:08 PM
Mar 2013
Noooo, I want more. This is so amazing. The flashbacks and fillers is so worth it now. These last episodes have been amazing! What chapter is this from. I want to read it.
Jun 19, 2014 1:15 PM

May 2013
Senninn1 said:
Noooo, I want more. This is so amazing. The flashbacks and fillers is so worth it now. These last episodes have been amazing! What chapter is this from. I want to read it.

619 - 621 page 14
Jun 19, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
Man i love orochimaru, manga readers are saying, this is it, this is the end. Nothing left, but i still am thinking that orochimaru may still be the final villain. Even in the manga, his complete motives are still unclear. He always seems to be in control of everything and knows exactly what he wants. One of the best characters in naruto, period!.

Jun 19, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
link9us said:
Man i love orochimaru, manga readers are saying, this is it, this is the end. Nothing left, but i still am thinking that orochimaru may still be the final villain. Even in the manga, his complete motives are still unclear. He always seems to be in control of everything and knows exactly what he wants. One of the best characters in naruto, period!.

With the latest twists in the story and how way out of proportion everything has become, Orochimaru would need to grow several leagues up in power to even become an adequate enough threat to be the final villain. Just saying. Gotta agree that his character is one of the most intriguing in the series though.
Jun 19, 2014 1:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
All 4 previous Hokages are great people. Admittedly, Tobirama is too much of a headstrong. Well, good thing Orochimaru took care of him.

Nice knowing the true concept behind Mangekyou Sharingan. Uchiha is such an unfortunate clan..
Sasuke's Mangekyou Sharingan was so epic! *.*

Hashirama vs. Madara always turns out to be awesome battles. Really liked that Quintuple Rashōmon of Hashirama. Madara was also great with the Susanoo covered Kyuubi.

Good episode. Hashirama and Madara's childhood past next week.

Jun 19, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Hearing Orochimaru's voice always makes me chuckle.. I can't help but be reminded of a Naruto flash parody from years ago.

I'm probably the only one here who hopes this part finish faster, hopefully they don't spend too much time (or worse even add some scenes) to Hashirama's flashback. There are too many awesome scenes involving the hokages to come.
Jun 19, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2007
Well i finally watched the episode this time lol.

I have to say, yeah im not sure why everyone is claiming filler next week. Nothing next episode even remotely resembles a hint of filler, its full on canon. But i am also thinking of the way the pacing is right now and this moment in the story would be the perfect time for the studio to add additional filler and scenes, before it returns to the war, because the upcoming fights are just going to be insane and there will be no way to break way from the action long enough to include filler. So im assuming that this mini back story may be extended at least till the next opening. Cause we pretty much have almost finished all of the material with this current opening.

In regards to the animation a few people stated that it wasn't that adequate, i just have to say, what in the hell are you smoking? The art and animation in this was excellent, very fluid, very crisp art. Perfect for the upcoming battles, especially hashirama and madara. This is what it really needs to be in order to get the audience's attention. The only part i thought was a bit more detailed in the manga was the reveal of hashirama's Mokuton Shin Sūsenju but it still great enough to show its lvl of scale.

Aniyways great episode, i really do hope the anime can keep up this type of quality.

Jun 19, 2014 2:18 PM
Jun 2014
Can't wait to see more wood style sage mode it was pretty epic
Jun 19, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao Hashirama and Tobirama funny af.

Suigetsu hiding behind Oro all the time doe.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

42 by Andromeda567 »»
Yesterday, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.