Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2009 7:02 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I probably shouldn't be saying this about an anime that focuses on ghosts and demons but that fire was very unrealistic. From the second Keiko grabbed the door knob, which should've been insanley hot, the entire sequence was ripe with fire saftey tip inaccuracy. It was so damn romantic though.

RtheO
Feb 24, 2010 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah whats with the Hot and Flames as one
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 16, 2010 8:04 PM

May 2009
I'm loving this series
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
May 11, 2011 8:10 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, Keiko, what a girl! I'm glad the female lead isn't just some damsel in distress and is actually a pretty strong-willed and interesting character.

The ending was pretty predictable though, since Yusuke's throwing of his egg would be the ultimate good deed, forfeiting his life for a chance of saving Keiko, he would, obviously, be rewarded for it.

Anyway it was pretty good, I'm eagerly waiting for the anime true plot to kick in!
Sep 9, 2011 10:07 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode okay, i'm just waiting for the action.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 22, 2013 4:31 AM
Mar 2013
Kuwabara is so far my fav!
Jul 12, 2013 11:38 PM
Feb 2013
I know they gave a warning about the heat waves earlier, so where are the firefighters at lol anyways good episode as usual.
Feb 8, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome Episode ~!!!
Cool Show !!!
Yu Yu Hakusho ~~
saiuchiha012Feb 8, 2014 9:45 AM
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Mar 25, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
That's cool... he won't get his body the next episode... wouldn't that pretty much end the show?
Mar 1, 2015 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
Hopefully that's the last replacement egg Yusuke will be getting.

Too many of those would just cause it to lose its importance.
Apr 7, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2011
Yep, definitely an unrealistic fire, all that smoke in their lungs alone was enough to kill them. Romantic though, yeah.

Yuusuke was already resigned to death (superficially) plus he would have died anyway without a body, so throwing the egg wasn't a hard decision.
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 9, 2016 1:52 PM
Dec 2014
Who doesnt take their kid whos basically in a coma to the hospital lol
Dec 16, 2016 4:54 PM

Apr 2014
You know a show is doing you right when you're grinning with everyone else at the end.
Dec 31, 2016 7:00 PM

Sep 2015
Keiko is a deifnitely waifu material. Lel next episode is gonna be funny I hope.
Jan 12, 2017 11:06 AM

Dec 2016
Darweezy27 said:
I know they gave a warning about the heat waves earlier, so where are the firefighters at lol anyways good episode as usual.
"We've had two fires break out already..."
Mar 16, 2017 12:39 AM

Dec 2013
More ship teasing and knowing shounen series if anything will ever happen it will be right at the end.

At least he is finally going to get revived next episode.
Jun 2, 2017 9:13 AM

Jul 2015
And now we got a Keiko focused episode! I love how Sayaka was like "there is no way she can like a guy like Yusuke".

That goddamn criminal burning out houses, this city sure is full of terrible people lol. Keiko didn't hesitate to jump to the fire to protect Yusuke's body, who then decided to use the egg to save her in exchange to lose his way to come back, so touching.

It was clear that there was no way that such a good action could only lead to a sad ending with him losing his opportunity, if I understood it correctly, looks like he's returning to his body as a reward!

Jul 8, 2017 6:11 PM

Jun 2013
To be honest, the thing between Keiko and Yusuke has left me completely cold so far, as their dynamic basically consisted of Yusuke's groping and Keiko's tears. But this episode gave both of them a chance to shine, to actually show how much they care about one another, through Keiko's valiant efforts to recover Yusuke's body and the decision Yusuke made. Granted, I still don't find the ship or their dynamic interesting or cute, but at least this episode made a good attempt at selling the thing.

I don't really care that the scene in the burning home was unrealistic. It was the best looking part of the episode. Besides, I find it a lot harder to believe that Yusuke is only 14, with those eyebrows.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to finish the series but this episode has convinced me that it's worth it to keep going, at least for a while. Mostly because it just looks so damn nice. Whether I'll be able to see what the fans see in it, remains to be seen.
LeeTailorJul 8, 2017 6:29 PM
Jul 11, 2017 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
Wooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww, is he really able to come back to life so soon?
Nov 2, 2017 4:40 PM

Nov 2015
look at him, with his hair down looks..... different! xD

💢

Feb 4, 2018 2:09 AM

Jan 2018
I've been watching the subs, but I just looked it up and it seems I've made the wrong choice... luckily I'm not too far in, I'm going to start all over with the dub lol...

I'm coming at this as a fan of HxH so I can definitely see how Togashi writes little minigames into each episode. I like how this one hinged on a riddle with the egg game. The little baby had actually stated the terms of the game very clearly in an earlier episode--what hatches out of the egg is determined by the purity of your heart. It sounded cliche and cheesy and I assumed that a good monster hatches if you're good and a bad monster if you're bad, which is really stupid lol. But the reality actually makes a lot more sense--a human-devouring monster will always hatch (duh; there's no such thing as a magical egg that can hatch into two completely different creatures based on how it ~senses~ you); it's the purity of your heart that determines whether it gets the chance to or not.

Super smart writing. Togashi is so good!!!
May 22, 2019 11:37 AM
Apr 2016
Not sure whether it was a mere coincidence, or a grudge, but whoever was making fires around town sure was horrible, that's literally murder-attempt. Well, good, Yusuke seems to be coming back now. Good episode.
Jan 12, 2020 4:33 PM

Nov 2014
xfero said:
That's cool... he won't get his body the next episode... wouldn't that pretty much end the show?
oh you have NO IDEA lol
MadRoosterr said:
Who doesnt take their kid whos basically in a coma to the hospital lol

You'd be surprised that coma patients can be treated at home
StevenHu said:
Hopefully that's the last replacement egg Yusuke will be getting.

Too many of those would just cause it to lose its importance.
not sure where you got that from but he's not getting a replacement egg.
Mar 27, 2020 4:35 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was so wholesome. I'm really enjoying this series so far.
Nov 24, 2020 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
i kinda saw that "twisting" ending, and i mean it, after 3 episodes of build up for yusuke to die permanently? things are only getting interesting :)

though all that, the writing is really good - yusuke almost "died" but chose to die anyway xD

and that almost kiss was good, seems we gonna get it next episode though?
May 14, 2021 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
Simply_Waiting said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I probably shouldn't be saying this about an anime that focuses on ghosts and demons but that fire was very unrealistic. From the second Keiko grabbed the door knob, which should've been insanley hot, the entire sequence was ripe with fire saftey tip inaccuracy. It was so damn romantic though.

I watched this episode for I think the second time and I agree about the fire. Does pouring water on yourself before running into a fire help? I guess she was so focused on saving YY that she didn’t notice the hot door knob.
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
May 14, 2021 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
amen to that, very true

RtheO
Jul 17, 2021 3:04 PM
May 2020
yusuke getting a third chance. just wanna know the fool who set fire to his home
Jul 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Aug 2018
Hell yeah! Yusuke is coming back!

Jan 23, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2021
Few are the characters who know that Yusuke is really a nice person, but thanks to the will of these few characters, Yusuke will be able to resurrect.
It was a good episode.
asdasdsadad
Jul 5, 2022 9:47 PM

Apr 2016
I don't remember the show being so romantic about life, I like it, it makes Yusuke relationship with Keiko feel more grounded even if it still just basic he's a creep to her and she just snap! Aren't they cute? for most of their interactions but at least she was going to play some Sleeping Beauty/Snow White with his corpse lol.
Aug 11, 2022 10:26 PM
Nov 2020
it’s only the 4th episode and Keiko is already 10 times more useful than Sakura
Feb 27, 2023 3:16 PM
Jan 2023
 I can't tell if the pacing is slow in progressing the plot or rushed in telling each episode's story, but I can't deny that it feels like the show is draginggggg... it hasn't reached emotional heights like in the first episode either, maybe that's part of what's hurting it for me.

And can we talk about the egg dilemma? Is there really a choice between sacrificing the egg but dying permanently or letting your rescuer burn *along* with your unconscious body?? Either way, you're not coming back, so may as well save a person (your crush at that!) while you're at it??? Doesn't seem like a decision to me.
sickomodelarryFeb 27, 2023 3:20 PM
Apr 9, 2023 9:10 PM
Jan 2023
Fleshed out kuwabara a bit, so i liked it.
Dec 28, 2023 9:48 PM
Dec 2023
Its a masterpiece.
Jan 21, 3:11 AM

Jun 2017
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing the moment Keiko was holding the doorknob. She should've hurt her hand that instant!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 98 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

27 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 97 Discussion

Elric88 - May 26, 2010

39 by TheStarscream759 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 32 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 24, 2009

42 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 76 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 19, 2009

32 by Xeehad »»
Today, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 77 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 19, 2009

29 by Xeehad »»
Today, 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.