Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2014 6:30 AM
Oct 2012
T3hSource said:
Yes, but I really hope the hype dies down once it's over, because having an ecchi comedy praised as the Anime of Spring 2014 doesn't sit right with me.

Every dog has its day in the sun. It's a weak season, the big shows are mostly sequels, this is one of the best shows in an otherwise very weak original content season.

Also, your hivemind analogy make no sense, bees are hard working and productive members, that certainly doesn't seem to apply to those at MAL. The metaphor you wanted is that we are like sheep, we can easily lead and capable of being fleeced.

As for the rest, the ironic thing is that you ultimately are more of a puppet that those you call "the hive". As a snob your tastes are easy to predict, Aku no Hana (until it proved to just be bad and not edgy), Shinseikai Yori, you know shows that are "serious", whereas even if you down play it as mere entertainment, the tastes of the masses are extremely hard to predict. That is why marketing is overwhelmingly directed at them and not you (if you were an American I can even predict what book you would be reading this spring (Donna Tratt anyone)).

I said this to someone else, I'll repeat it to you. Stop trying to pretend you are better than others, you are not.
Jun 19, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
I'll be really shocked if there's no quality drop next week.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 19, 2014 6:35 AM
Oct 2012
T3hSource said:
Oh, it's a quality whore which even I'm not missing out on. And yes I will stick my "superiority" when fanbois praise this to high heaven.

To each his own, continue to project away dear lad.

As for your "issues" with western culture, you sound very young and very enthralled with modernism. I suggest you read more. For the myriad problems in western culture it was and is still far better than any alternative presented to this day. One day perhaps, another culture will abstract the good parts of western civilization, combine it with the best parts of their own civilization, and then create something better. That is entirely possible. It just hasn't happened yet.
Jun 19, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
''If she hit you, you become Izuta slave.''
''You could just have said changing party...''
I laughed so much when he said that xD

Steph is such a Steph. She's so Steph that she have been nothing else than being a Steph in that episode. BUT, I'm sure that she'll end up being important in Sora plan. Or maybe not, maybe she's just a Steph.

Sora priorities on panties and bra is great. Such a great king :P

I checked what that Akiba's Trip was... Oh Japan.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 19, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
minouneetzoe said:
Steph is such a Steph. She's so Steph that she have been nothing else than being a Steph in that episode. BUT, I'm sure that she'll end up being important in Sora plan. Or maybe not, maybe she's just a Steph.
Is this going to catch on as an insult? How bad is it in comparison to other insults? o.o
Jun 19, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
So as I predicted on the last episode thread, this was undoubtedly the best episode of the spring season!!!

Izuna will now play the rare special racial physical ability that characterizes werebeasts... ahaha she'll be really OP now!!!

Also next episode will probably be a little too soft comparing to this one, since it will go from a action packed scene to a chill out and funny game for the werebeasts race piece...

Also, that opening was more than enough to turn this episode epic, so the episode was like a full course meal with the desert being served on the next one... the opening was the specially created appetizer, the played game the main dish and the desert.... it's gonna be freaking funny!!!

Lastly one last word for the huge and I do mean HUGE amount of external references. This episode pulled more references to outside works than ever before!!

Edit: One last thing, being a hater is fine, however being a annoying spammable hater is irritating. So dear haters, my signature is for you!!!

DarkMoonWolfJun 19, 2014 6:54 AM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 19, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
Holy NGNL is really the best anime in this season. This episode was amazingwtf
Jun 19, 2014 7:04 AM

Apr 2014
Too bad only 1 episode left
Jun 19, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
and the ultimate loli award goes to.. Shiro!
whoaaaaa
Jun 19, 2014 7:23 AM

May 2013
Sora face after the panty shot fail was priceless

so much fun 5/5
Jun 19, 2014 7:27 AM

May 2014
Fine, less "spam".
Jun 19, 2014 7:35 AM
Feb 2014
gamer5 said:

... you know I was mentioning individuality and free will as the most important part of Western Culture - I didn't say that it was perfect I just guessed (being it an English-based community) that most of people on MAL come from countries which follow the values of Western Culture. But I guess that you would rather live as in the European Middle Ages and be hanged for stealing bread from the Church? Or you would rather like some other censorship period in the history of almost all longer-lasting cultures? Pretty much every culture that had power became corrupted over time so attacking the Western culture because of that is ... insulting Western Culture means insulting all of it, good and bad.

You are wandering on a very small ridge here...the principle of individuality exists around the world, not only in the western parts of it.
It is not like every non western country has a controlled economy where the individual stops existing for making society better ;-)

I don't think you meant it like this but I can see people being offended by that.
@T3hSource

Firstly pls answer my posts in a whole, that fragmenting makes it incredible hard to answer xD

Well you may complain that you dislike this anime being praised as a masterpiece, but fact is, rating is always emotionbased, there no such thing as objective rating if you want to know what people thought about an anime.

In turn this means that there will be some anime in the Top100, Top50, Top30, even Top10 that you won't like; if rating would be pure objective this would be impossible.

An ecchi anime is not per default worse as a purely psychological anime, you may think that it gives you less for your further life and that may be even true, I won't deny that, but as you said anime are there for entertainement first and foremost.

An anime can tell sth about life but there is no point in it if the anime can't entertain its audience so that they stick to it. If I purely want a psychological essay about life I would rather go into the corresponding library of my university than watch an anime.

The problem is that for you this may be important but for others it is not; e. g. in episode 6 of NGNL I discussed with some people about the physics in that episode, still there were many people completely uninterested in that but guess what I understood that and I was happy that were even some people who wanted to discuss that.

There is no such thing as an universal masterpiece.

Th3Source said:
"Еvery action has an equal and opposite reaction." ~reality. I gladly admit I'm no better.

I took this one out because imo your view on this topic is a bit wrong.

The principle of equal exchange and that a certain action forces a certain reaction are scientific principles - they should have NOTHING to do with human behaviour.

The idiom "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is sth that is based in human nature but that doesn't mean you have to act like it.

Yes many people do just that and no I'm no idealist that tells you that wars could be ended if one side throws their weapons away.

But imo that is sth only weak willed people do, or to come back to my previous post people who just always go with the flow.

Not everything can be forgiven but to solve problems by doing the same solves nothing, that is true for matters as big as wars and as small as a discussion in MAL.
Jun 19, 2014 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
Talk about references galore.
Jun 19, 2014 8:01 AM

May 2014
@Caleb8980

Still adapting.

People rating here purely based on their enjoyment is the truth I'll accept, even though ratings shouldn't be that way.

As I mentioned I don't like ecchi and praise any media that can show human psychology, in any form. I actually started appreciating that from a book actually. Media doesn't need to be always entertaining, however it does need to be engaging in way when there is no comedy or action for entertainment, you're not falling asleep from boredom. The worst thing you can say about a media piece is not "bad", but "boring".
Learning things provoked by media is always something good to see for me as well.

"Action->opposite reaction"- that was an exaggeration for my point, it's just as idealistic to see that as an undeniable truth, I know that as well.

Doing the same thing provokes a reaction by which a discussion can initiated like the one we have now. Not a good method by any means, but this is the internet, where everything is fighting for exposure. Does it serve its function? Yes, it does.
T3hSourceJun 19, 2014 8:11 AM
Jun 19, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
Someone's got too much self-esteem that no one cares.

Oh, he has GTO in his favorites. Now everything is crystal clear.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 19, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2010
T3hSource said:
People rating here purely based on their enjoyment is the truth I'll accept, even though ratings shouldn't be that way.

Our god has spoken.
"Thou hast not rated according to thine rules."
Jun 19, 2014 8:38 AM
Oct 2012
T3hSource said:
Then what kind of snob would I be then? I wouldn't be, I'd be a reasonable person just staying quiet and keeping my opinions to myself.

You would be a better snob.

Nothing wrong with stating opinions, even contrary ones, I am just suggesting that you have opinions more than just stating how superior you are. There is a world of difference between explaining why, or even merely pointing out, that something is bad with proclaiming how great your opinion is and how everyone else sucks.

In short if you have to tell people you are great, chances are you really aren't. Whereas if you have good opinions and great insight, even negative people will understand that you are something.

T3hSource said:
I am young and uneducated, I'll always consider myself uneducated. But even with what little I see, I understand why it's the way it is and how little can be done about without massively destructive consequences.

Humm, please don't take this the wrong way, but unless you have studied history to a fairly deep level chances are you don't understand why anything is. As for "how little" can be done, that again can be explained by history. Far greater things have been accomplished by people far worse off than us today.

T3hSource said:
I wish I shared this belief with you, but I'm not that optimistic.[/spoiler]

Again, study history, cure of both pessimism and optimism about the future.
Jun 19, 2014 8:59 AM

Oct 2013
Shiro's amazing shooting skills. Damn
Jun 19, 2014 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Haha, dat Stephcest!

I have only one word. Awesome.
Jun 19, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
So many damn references. Sora and Shiro are damn good at FPS.

The opening theme was funny lol.

Never forget, Jibril is a badass when she's serious.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jun 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
All the anime I've been watching lately ALWAYS has some idol part to an episode. >_> Japanese must love their idols huh.

Anyway this episode was pretty cool, slow start but epic finish - everyones being too bad ass for me to handle. Blank showing their teamwork, Jibril's dark wings and Izuna's Bad blood(?), can't wait for the next episode!

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 19, 2014 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
Thread Cleaned.

Spam and baiting removed. Please keep things civilized.
Jun 19, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2007
T3hSource said:
@gamer5

Thanks for the info. You've gone beside my points.
I have my own problems with my own culture and Western culture, and yes I would like to live in the good ol' days for my own reasons, doesn't have to be Middle Ages. We seem to have different beliefs about otaku culture as well.

I will still treat this as an ecchi comedy, a very well made one indeed, but I will keep going against the fanbois who dare to say that it's a masterpiece. You are a reasonable fan, but no obsessive fanboi. Suddenly you're an individual above the masses and in this "hivemind" of a thread, expressing your own opinions and articulating your own points, making you a smarter human being above the rest.

@Takuan_Soho
Oh, it's a quality whore which even I'm not missing out on. And yes I will stick my "superiority" when fanbois praise this to high heaven.

You're talking a lot of sense here and in your other posts. I don't expect many people to get it though and I'll probably be accused of leaping on to somebody's elses opinion for pretty much echoing what you have to say in most of your posts because the angry fanboys don't like it when other people show an agreement of thought that doesn't coincide with their own. Only they may unite in chorus lol.

In any case whatever people say they're going to say and we all know that after it's summarily declared the greatest anime of the season or year or whatever on MAL it'll all be forgotten about, presumably once Fate/Stay Night comes out which is pretty much destined to be the next big hype and comes from a longstanding franchise with lots of fervent followers. By comparison NGNL is the hottest new "epic show" to latch onto. I won't deny that it's an accessible show with a really low barrier of entry for people to get into, but like again I see ecchi gag reference comedy shows like it ALL the time so it's kind of hard for me to rate it that highly even then or pick it out as particularly special.

I also like how Takuan_Soho has pretty much given up on his argument of confirmation bias and pretty much dedicated himself to calling anyone who doesn't join the chorus of the thread a snob. Better a snob than someone who just follows along hopping from spectacle to spectacle and never cherishes anything.
Jun 19, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
T3hSource said:

Akame ga Kill, which will probably gain popularity like last year's Attack on Titan, though not to the same volume
Aldnoah.Zero, Terror in Tokyo will be watched by "true" anime fans.
Ecchi fans will watch Rail Wars! until Hanamonogatari finally airs.
Fujoshis are going to celebrate for Free! Eternal Summer and Black Butler, with DRAMAtical Murder on top.
Moe fans will be on top of Glasslip.

Dude, have you even watched monogatari?

And also, "true fans" will watch aldnoa.zero and terror in tokyo.
You haven't even watched it yet. You can't just go making assumptions just cause of the people who made it.
And you make it sound like I can't be a "true fan" and an ecchi fan at the same time. I mean, I like both ping pong and ngnl

Jun 19, 2014 11:16 AM

May 2014
@Kaioshin_Sama

Thanks man.

As the cycle you're mentioning, I hope I'll stick around long enough to see it for myself, it will certainly be interesting to see what fanbois will latch on to next.

@Niyawa

Sorry if I made mess or said too bait worthy things. I'm still adapting to this simplistic forum style.

@kami_desu
< Obviously hasn't watched Monogatari series
I doubt it will change my outlook on ecchi comedies.

And of course generalization is faced by prejudice. I never said one is limited to be part of one demographic, did I? Sure it sounds like it, but do you really feel like you need to identify with only one crowd?

Also you can make assumptions about original work just by their creators by looking at their previous work and noticing the patterns. I'm not qualified ofc, but I haven't heard Gen Urobuchi writing something that's not grimdark.
T3hSourceJun 19, 2014 11:27 AM
Jun 19, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
T3hSource said:

Your ratings are also by enjoyment.......................
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2014
@ _ultima_

If they were, Princess Tutu would be like a 3/10 because the old shoujo comedy antics annoy me to no end.

Dwaejiui Wang is downright depressing, yet I've rated it above Kill la Kill which was a joy to watch with it's raw enthusiasm and energy bulging from it.
Jun 19, 2014 11:43 AM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Better a snob than someone who just follows along hopping from spectacle to spectacle and never cherishes anything.

But you are not a snob. A snob at least knows why a $200 wine tastes better than a $7 bottle and they can explain it. Because of this the snob actually does have superior taste.

I have nothing against people who do or believe they have superior tastes, my issue is with those who think that merely insulting the masses shows any superiority. It doesn't.

Every single post you make you have to pump up your own intelligence and criticize that of those who disagree with you. That doesn't make you a snob.

Want an example from you last post?

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I don't expect many people to get it though and I'll probably be accused of leaping on to somebody's elses opinion for pretty much echoing what you have to say in most of your posts because the angry fanboys don't like it when other people show an agreement of thought that doesn't coincide with their own.

Everyone who disagrees with you is a "fanboy", no one can honestly like something that you don't like without being one. For you it is an a piriori assumption.

You likewise can't handle any criticism. You come to a website, insult the fans of the show, and then when they respond you start crying about how they are "ganging" up on you. Here is another reason you are not a snob, snobs don't care, they are sure of their opinion.

Let me close by addressing your point about "accusing of leaping on to one's opinion", that wasn't an "accusation", you leapt on an argument that even the person who made if admitted was completely unjustified. He had the courage to say "I screwed up", you though have no such shame.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1203121&show=100#msg31740707

So please, you are not a martyr, you are not a snob, while I think you could be an interesting poster in the negative, you ruin whatever point you may have by your pathetic need to pretend to be both "superior" and a "martyr". Again let me stress, you are neither.
Jun 19, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
T3hSource said:
@ _ultima_

Princess Tutu would be like a 3/10

What exactly would be the point in not doing that? Your high and low scores will not effect anything.

You gave shinsekai yori a 9. I can point out a lot of problems with that, but you obviously shouldn't care.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2014 11:55 AM
Feb 2014
T3hSource said:
@ _ultima_

If they were, Princess Tutu would be like a 3/10 because the old shoujo comedy antics annoy me to no end.

Dwaejiui Wang is downright depressing, yet I've rated it above Kill la Kill which was a joy to watch with it's raw enthusiasm and energy bulging from it.

Wait, on what set of values do you rate anime then?

I mean there are objective parts of reviewing an anime e. g. production value but there is no list of points a good anime has to have.

You said you like psychological anime but that is already part of your personal entertainment.

Also I am not sure why rating an anime has anything to do with whether it is depressing or fun...as you yourself said an anime should be interesting;

Then if we take that argument Princess Tutu should get a bad rating from you, because as you said it annoyed you to no end.
Caleb8980Jun 19, 2014 12:01 PM
Jun 19, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2014
@_ultime_

Same goes for any individual's ratings no?

I admit I've overrated SSY, once I watch better sci-fi dystopian stuff, it won't be that notable. And I know the characters are very flat, but I find they do their job well enough. And the molecular psychokinesis can open a LOT of plot holes. I'm open to more criticisms to it, I'll gladly hear them out.

I rated it that high because of the suspense that captivated me, the wonderful world building and the satisfying ending. Yes, those are personally based, even if the animation was mediocre, but as long as it serves its purpose I don't consider it a big factor.
T3hSourceJun 19, 2014 12:07 PM
Jun 19, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
The cliffhangers are so painful at the end of these episodes, but it me appreciate the series even more because I have to wait rather than marathoning the series and getting instant gratification.

This show is easily my favorite of the spring season. Since next week is the last episode I hope it'll get a second season.
Jun 19, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
T3hSource said:
@_ultime_

Same goes for any individual's ratings no?

You should at least rate so you can sort your list by what you actually like. Isn't that what lists are for? No cares if you think certain shows are "objectively" better than other shows. "Objectivity" is based on a person's standards. Just because other people think princess tutu is a masterpiece doesn't mean you should think it is good, especially when you didn't enjoy it.

Arguing about ssy is not needed.
Jun 19, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Better a snob than someone who just follows along hopping from spectacle to spectacle and never cherishes anything.

But you are not a snob. A snob at least knows why a $200 wine tastes better than a $7 bottle and they can explain it. Because of this the snob actually does have superior taste.

I have nothing against people who do or believe they have superior tastes, my issue is with those who think that merely insulting the masses shows any superiority. It doesn't.

Every single post you make you have to pump up your own intelligence and criticize that of those who disagree with you. That doesn't make you a snob.

People often seem to see it that way but I don't, I just see it as making observations. I go on what people give me to go on. Most people don't have a lot to say on the matter like you do and are just sort of making those typical "AOTS posts" you see for popular shows so it isn't always easy.

Also to draw a liquor analogy with NGNL, the show is like having a beer on a hot summer day except it's not your favorite beer, it's just the cheapest one you could find on short notice....probably Coors Light or some equivalent.

Want an example from you last post?

You likewise can't handle any criticism. You come to a website, insult the fans of the show, and then when they respond you start crying about how they are "ganging" up on you. Here is another reason you are not a snob, snobs don't care, they are sure of their opinion.

Let me close by addressing your point about "accusing of leaping on to one's opinion", that wasn't an "accusation", you leapt on an argument that even the person who made if admitted was completely unjustified. He had the courage to say "I screwed up", you though have no such shame.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1203121&show=100#msg31740707

So please, you are not a martyr, you are not a snob, while I think you could be an interesting poster in the negative, you ruin whatever point you may have by your pathetic need to pretend to be both "superior" and a "martyr". Again let me stress, you are neither.

Except I don't see how I'm insulting people or trying to feel superior so much as again making observations on what people give me to go on. If people feel this way then so be, but then maybe they should make better posts. *shrug*

Also I'm still not seeing the part where I'm angry or frustrated or not handling criticism well. I'm kind of bemused that people would see my posts the way they do, but I'm not upset. Also at least the defensive personal attacks are way down this week (I see more moderation going on in the threads which helps) so it's actually not that bad an NGNL thread compared to usual and there's some decent discussion going on for once.

T3hSource said:
@Kaioshin_Sama

Thanks man.

As the cycle you're mentioning, I hope I'll stick around long enough to see it for myself, it will certainly be interesting to see what fanbois will latch on to next.

The next for sure big anticipated and hyped show is pretty much Fate/Stay Night 2014 in Fall. I actually have some expectations for that one myself so I do hope it will be good but yeah you shouldn't have to wait long.
PeacingOutJun 19, 2014 12:22 PM
Jun 19, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Loved that episode. Had a great amount of humor, action and the regular level of cleverness. Poor Steph, but something tells me she will prove pivotal in the outcome of this game.

I'm ecstatic for next week's episode! But then we have to wait! UGH.
Jun 19, 2014 12:24 PM
Oct 2010
Caleb8980 said:

Oh well I already wrote it before but the equation has a totally different purpose...

And Sora knew nothing, he got out that Shiro wasn't on Izuna's side because 1. she didn't run after him 2. she missed each shot on him or made them easy to dogde

This whole set up was planned solely by Shiro. Sora got it out by what she said and what she actually did.

I actually wonder why people get stuck with that "trust" thingy...it is not used as some kind of weird DEM to say once you trust each other you win but deliberately as sign word by Shiro to convey a plan.

Then why did shiro fire around him and not directly at him? The real shiro thought that he would dodge so why didn't she fire directly at him? It made no sense for her to shoot in his normal movement paths because then he would most likely get hit.. and about that...

Also how does this block with clothes work? If you can block the shot with your clothes Sora is essentially walking around with body armour in that game, and it shouldn't really matter where he gets hit unless it's his neck,head or hands. How did shiro hit him in the back earlier in the episode?
Jun 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
The next for sure big anticipated and hyped show is pretty much Fate/Stay Night 2014 in Fall. I actually have some expectations for that one myself so I do hope it will be good but yeah you shouldn't have to wait long.

There's SAO II next season.
Jun 19, 2014 12:36 PM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Also how does this block with clothes work? If you can block the shot with your clothes Sora is essentially walking around with body armour in that game, and it shouldn't really matter where he gets hit unless it's his neck,head or hands. How did shiro hit him in the back earlier in the episode?

The logic seems to be that there is a difference between a solid hit and a glancing hit, the former causes the target to "fall in love", the latter is how the clothing is removed. This is why Sora did all the calculations with trying to hit the first girls panties, only to have his skill unrewarded.

Second a player can actively decide to use clothing as a shield. Izuna did this, Shiro learned from watching her.

skudoops said:
Then why did shiro fire around him and not directly at him? The real shiro thought that he would dodge so why didn't she fire directly at him? It made no sense for her to shoot in his normal movement paths because then he would most likely get hit.. and about that..

Because she wasn't trying to hit him. Shiro wanted to leave the path directly towards her open so at the right time Sora could exploit it. Remember that the Warbeasts are cheating, they had to make it seem that Shiro was fighting against Sora all the way up until the final moment in order to lure Izuna into an exposed position where she couldn't use her superior reflexes.

The show wanted to trick us so they made it seem like Sora took time to figure out that Shiro wasn't really stalking him, but what he was really trying to figure out was her plan to turn it to their advantage, and leaving the front open (and then have him explain it out loud to the warbeasts to lull them in) was the point.
Jun 19, 2014 12:47 PM
Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
skudoops said:

The logic seems to be that there is a difference between a solid hit and a glancing hit, the former causes the target to "fall in love", the latter is how the clothing is removed. This is why Sora did all the calculations with trying to hit the first girls panties, only to have his skill unrewarded.

Second a player can actively decide to use clothing as a shield. Izuna did this, Shiro learned from watching her.

skudoops said:
Then why did shiro fire around him and not directly at him? The real shiro thought that he would dodge so why didn't she fire directly at him? It made no sense for her to shoot in his normal movement paths because then he would most likely get hit.. and about that..

Because she wasn't trying to hit him. Shiro wanted to leave the path directly towards her open so at the right time Sora could exploit it. Remember that the Warbeasts are cheating, they had to make it seem that Shiro was fighting against Sora all the way up until the final moment in order to lure Izuna into an exposed position where she couldn't use her superior reflexes.

The show wanted to trick us so they made it seem like Sora took time to figure out that Shiro wasn't really stalking him, but what he was really trying to figure out was her plan to turn it to their advantage, and leaving the front open (and then have him explain it out loud to the warbeasts to lull them in) was the point.

Well the warbeast girl takes one directly to the chest and it only removes her ribbon so this rule is confusing as hell.

For the second point, what I am saying is why would she bother to shoot where she knows he would normally go? Infact her shooting to the sides of him looks more suspect than the other way around. This is the bullshit "I just know" nonsense that has me enjoying the show a lot less. At that point she could have easily shot down the middle, let him dodge and reach her and none would be the wiser, yet she took (from her POV) a ridiculous gamble for no particular reason.
Jun 19, 2014 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Well the warbeast girl takes one directly to the chest and it only removes her ribbon so this rule is confusing as hell.

I can't confirm in the video at this moment, but I am pretty sure what Izuna did was to throw the ribbon in front of her to block the shot similar to how Shiro threw her button in front of her in the park. Shiro learned from watching Izuna when she escaped Shiro's first attack, so that would scan.

skudoops said:
For the second point, what I am saying is why would she bother to shoot where she knows he would normally go? Infact her shooting to the sides of him looks more suspect than the other way around. This is the bullshit "I just know" nonsense that has me enjoying the show a lot less. At that point she could have easily shot down the middle, let him dodge and reach her and none would be the wiser, yet she took (from her POV) a ridiculous gamble for no particular reason.

I would disagree. Shiro's skill is shooting people where they are going to be, not where they are, that was the skill that she used against Izuna that almost worked, so if she had suddenly changed her MO, that would have raised more flags to the warbeasts than her continuing to do what she had been doing. Plus, as I said above, while Sora knew that Shiro wasn't under mind control, he still didn't know what she wanted him to do. Her firing directly at Sora would have confused the issue.
Jun 19, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 2007
Botato said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

There's SAO II next season.

SAO has just as much if not more anti-hype than hype around these parts because the first season didn't live up to peoples ridiculous expectations of it in the end so it's not the same thing. This isn't the same scenario as it was leading up to it's introduction in Summer 2012 when the hype level was among the highest I'd ever seen for an upcoming anime but by the end it was considered one of the biggest disappointments ever.

Fate/Stay Night has the galvanized and extremely loyal Type/Moon fanbase behind it and no real anti-fanbase presence that I'm aware of. All they have to do is not completely cock up the first episode and then at least do a better job than Deen did with the original anime adaptation and NGNL is probably going to looking like an also ran in 2014 by comparison on MAL.
Jun 19, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
SAO has just as much if not more anti-hype than hype around these parts because the first season didn't live up to peoples ridiculous expectations of it in the end so it's not the same thing. This isn't the same scenario as it was leading up to it's introduction in Summer 2012 when the hype level was among the highest I'd ever seen for an upcoming anime but by the end it was considered one of the biggest disappointments ever.
I can see your point, but if you look at it differently, people will be expecting a "train wreck" and judging by the PVs it looks good so far so chances are SAO II might be a step up from its previous season and becoming the surprise of the season.
But there will be a big hype either way, just 'how big' we will have to wait and find out.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Fate/Stay Night has the galvanized and extremely loyal Type/Moon fanbase behind it and no real anti-fanbase presence that I'm aware of. All they have to do is not completely cock up the first episode and then at least do a better job than Deen did with the original anime adaptation and NGNL is probably going to looking like an also ran in 2014 by comparison on MAL.
Well, F/Z went well so yes there's a lot of anticipation and hype going on for it.

As for NGNL, that's really what happens with every show it's not something new. From what I've seen so far most people watch to enjoy thus they tend to move on to the next show once the current one ends. And of course the hype/popularity dies down unless there is something new to talk about (like a movie sequel or recap etc..). I mean why continue to talk about what you've already discussed when there are new things to talk about? This is true in all forms of entertainment, I don't see people talking about Skyrim as much these days for example.
Jun 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
Botato said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I can see your point, but if you look at it differently, people will be expecting a "train wreck" and judging by the PVs it looks good so far so chances are SAO II might be a step up from its previous season and becoming the surprise of the season.
But there will be a big hype either way, just 'how big' we will have to wait and find out.

Regardless of how it turns out confirmation bias is a powerful influence, particularly on this site. It'll be interesting for sure. A lot of people hate me for it and say I look down on other people, but really sometimes watching the fan reactions to things and seeing how close they come to my predictions and where I totally miscalled something being a relevant factor can be as interesting or sometimes more interesting to me than the actual show itself. Then again I am a social sciences major so watching how people interact, socialize and build memes, mores, values and belief systems is always going to be fascinating and of interest.
Jun 19, 2014 1:21 PM
Apr 2014
The sales of Galgun are going to skyrocket after this episode xD Good to see Izuna finally properly enjoying a game. Pity that next week is the last episode already.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jun 19, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Second Season, now! (Even though there's one episode left)
The "fake to be under your control" was also epic!

But Steph was as dumb as always xD
Jun 19, 2014 2:07 PM
Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:

I would disagree. Shiro's skill is shooting people where they are going to be, not where they are, that was the skill that she used against Izuna that almost worked, so if she had suddenly changed her MO, that would have raised more flags to the warbeasts than her continuing to do what she had been doing. Plus, as I said above, while Sora knew that Shiro wasn't under mind control, he still didn't know what she wanted him to do. Her firing directly at Sora would have confused the issue.

Predictive shooting in FPS is normally limited to arena shooters and it's obvious shiro and sora can't move like that, in regular shooters it only works if they are running away from you or you are at a distance.

Even still she was calculating trajectory before based on the movements of her opponent, yet this time she decided to use predictive? No matter how I look at it, if I were a warbeast I'd figure something was wrong there. Why wouldn't she just put one down the center and cover all the dodge points? Is what I'd be thinking, despite that she took the most risky option by covering the spaces he would normally go rather than shooting down the center.
Jun 19, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
skudoops said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Predictive shooting in FPS is normally limited to arena shooters and it's obvious shiro and sora can't move like that, in regular shooters it only works if they are running away from you or you are at a distance.

Even still she was calculating trajectory before based on the movements of her opponent, yet this time she decided to use predictive? No matter how I look at it, if I were a warbeast I'd figure something was wrong there. Why wouldn't she just put one down the center and cover all the dodge points? Is what I'd be thinking, despite that she took the most risky option by covering the spaces he would normally go rather than shooting down the center.

Well, Izuna was busy fighting Jibril, so she probably didn't know what was going on. Also, the warbeasts only actually saw her fight once if you think about it, so perhaps they simply couldn't suspect it?

Jun 19, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
Mero Mero Gun xD
Jun 19, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2011
Freaking awesome and epic as hell FPS mode. Complete with plenty of fanservice, as always. Poor Steph, falling for pretty much everyone involved in the game, including herself, lol. She's getting passed around like a lit joint :P Fortunately she's still pretty much useless so even when she gets turned to Izuna's side they easily strip her to her bra and panties.

Loved Shiro's nopan shot, lol. Getting a little close to 18+ there aren't they? ;)

Izuna's starting to actually have fun, which might actually be a bad thing for the Kings of Imanity. I'm sure Blank has another ace up their sleeve tho, these two always do.

Shiro might be the best loli of the season, even more badass in her way than the Black Bullet girls. Sure, she can't fight her way out of a wet paper bag, especially if you drop her in Tokyo, but I bet she could probably out-think even the super-lolis of BB.
Jun 19, 2014 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
Just some data points to illuminate the notion as to whether this show was overhyped at the start of the season:

Week 1, # of watchers: 24633 MAL rating: 8.35
Week 6, # of watchers: 55589 MAL rating: 8.57
Week 10, # of watchers: 72677 MAL rating: 8.70

Contrary to some assertions being made, NGNL is showing all the signs of a show that explodes in both popularity and ratings, not a show that was over-hyped.

Watcher numbers are taken from FAL Club tracking, Rating numbers are taken from MAL Score Progressions Club. Adjustments have been made for the different numbering of weeks in the two clubs.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
2 hours ago

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

56 by Andturn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2014

502 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

525 by FarCritical »»
Apr 16, 3:12 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1018 by AnimatedAddict »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.