Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2014 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ah the match still rages on. Great intensity of course. A bit of a shame that Midousuji won this round though, sigh.

I like how they both are fighting their lives out now. Also, it's nice to see Sakamachi catch up a bit since falling behind. I admire that determination this episode. About time he rejoined with the team again. They look awesome together in this race :3
Stark700Jun 16, 2014 11:29 AM
Jun 16, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
Sigh, Midousuji won. That trick was pretty neat though, but really... Rivals >>> Antagonist. I wanted Shinkai to shut down Midousuji even if I knew it wouldn't happen T.T
Nice to see how the second years and the others supporting their bikers in their own way. Totally forgot the pressure for them too.

The hime song again, I would had liked to hear Tadokora sing the ending too :D
Onoda managed to get back together!!! It was pretty nice to see them all together. The catching up part would be amazing to watch!

A bit surprised that Hakone is breaking down. They need that Sohoku push!
Jun 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
F***n Midousuji friggin WON XD What a dirty bastard, who would've thought he'd put his bike forward XD. Too bad Shinkai raised his loss flag. I figured out he'd lose right away after he thought of how he'll meet his team with a smile <_<

Other than that more Hime :D And friggin loved the part when Onoda and Tadakoro caught up >.< Such a happy moment :D:D:D
Nice to see Onoda and Tadakoro forming a bond :D First day he was thanked by Makishima and 2nd day by Tadakoro. What a BA u are kid ^^ Imaizumi has been un-mindf***d XD Onoda to continue drafting :O Just how much stamina does this kid have XD

Hakone is breaking apart. Shit! Keikaku doori for Midousuji it seems. Can't wait til Sohoku catches up and makes him drop a jaw >.<
Jun 16, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2013
Can't believe Midousuji won that sprint battle. Glad that Onoda and Tadokoro caught up to the others.
Jun 16, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2013
Midousuji is such a garbage character, it's like they've shoehorned every filthy shonen cliche into him, impossibly random power ups which addle your mind trying to make sense of them, flat zombie sidekicks who'll do his bidding, mindless acts of villainy until fully explained later on when we don't care anymore, being better at roles that people are hyped up as specializing in.

I know this is a shonen and you can just say "Well what do you expect from a shonen?" Well I'd expect them to create a character that feels like he actually belongs in the universe, I can handle it if he's just an extraordinary character who is just good at everything, they're in nearly every competition based anime, but Midosuiji honestly looks like Orochimaru riding a bike.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 16, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode.

Ugh, Midousuji won....
Onoda and Tadokoro caught up.

lol ending segment after credits: ABS~
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jun 16, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

This picture is so Gay
Jun 16, 2014 12:52 PM
Aug 2012
Vexper said:
Midousuji is such a garbage character, it's like they've shoehorned every filthy shonen cliche into him, impossibly random power ups which addle your mind trying to make sense of them, flat zombie sidekicks who'll do his bidding, mindless acts of villainy until fully explained later on when we don't care anymore, being better at roles that people are hyped up as specializing in.

I know this is a shonen and you can just say "Well what do you expect from a shonen?" Well I'd expect them to create a character that feels like he actually belongs in the universe, I can handle it if he's just an extraordinary character who is just good at everything, they're in nearly every competition based anime, but Midosuiji honestly looks like Orochimaru riding a bike.

Well Midousuji said he has a much bigger weight to carry. If Onoda can just beat a seasoned biker up a hill for no other reason than because its fun why can the bad guy do the same thing.
Jun 16, 2014 1:00 PM
Feb 2013
Adviel said:
Stark700 said:

This picture is so Gay

Too bad for the guy, I guess those energy bar didn't provide him the wits to with, as for Midousuji.........I guessing that he's the type of guy would takes winning by a nose seriously.
Jun 16, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2012
Adviel said:
Stark700 said:

This picture is so Gay

Lmao you guys are killing me. That win by Midousuji though that was so bogus.
Jun 16, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Shinkai was so cocky. If he didn't think so much, maybe he would have won. Midousuji has fooled you so many times. When are you going to realize that he probably has an ace up his sleeve?
Jun 16, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
icancloptothis said:
Vexper said:

Well Midousuji said he has a much bigger weight to carry. If Onoda can just beat a seasoned biker up a hill for no other reason than because its fun why can the bad guy do the same thing.

That doesn't really make sense, having a bigger weight doesn't make you a godlike cyclist. Why are you saying another cyclist is seasoned but not Onoda? As far as I'm aware he's been cycling hard since he was a kid, some of the people in the inter-high won't have that passion/experience for cycling so it's obviously not wholly unrealistic. What is unrealistic is a guy having restrictive bands around his legs which he removes in the final 50 meters to the finish line whilst going full speed with no hands and somehow 50 lb's of muscle suddenly appear in his legs. He's a bullshit asspull character.

Onoda's ability to out-cadence everyone was presented to us early on in the series and has been consistent throughout despite it being pretty stupid, so it can be forgiven when he uses it in later stages. Randomly powering up every episode by removing more restrictive bands is absolutely diabolical character writing.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 16, 2014 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
RightToLeft said:
Shinkai was so cocky. If he didn't think so much, maybe he would have won. Midousuji has fooled you so many times. When are you going to realize that he probably has an ace up his sleeve?
^ Basically. One of the interesting things about Midousuji winning is that the Hakone team is falling apart. If the team is anything like their captain, they're strong physically but weak mentally. Kyoto's the opposite (Creeper-kun the exception) while Sohoku rides the middleground.

Side note, did anyone crack up at the (pre-credit) ending? It's as if the director said, "Damn, what are we going to do with these extra 10 seconds?" and an animator said, "Why don't we fill it with Midousuji's tongue?" Then all decreed its brilliance.
currycurryJun 16, 2014 1:43 PM
Jun 16, 2014 1:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The intense sprinting battle was intense till the very end.
Midousuji is one sly bastard; putting his bike forward at the very last moment.. Though I can't really say he cheated. Poor Shinkai.. lost by 0.2 sec.
I like how Juichi stayed calm even after Shinkai lost. Another great Ace beside Kinjou.

Sugimoto is so annoying. -.- Teshima and Aoyagi are quite patient not to punch him in the face yet.

The "Hime" song never fails to put a smile on the face! (^^) Tadokoro thanking Onoda with those manly tears was so awesome!
Loved when they caught up with the team. What a great moment that was! Onoda can't take a compliment normally. XD
Imaizumi seems to be feeling a little better now. Hope he'll be fully alright by next episode.

Looks like Hakone is falling apart. :O Juichi, what are you doing? Put your team back on track bro.

Good episode. Awaiting on Sohoku to catch up to Hakone and Kyoto Fushimi!

Jun 16, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
Midousuji that fuck won. Sad face. I'm so pissed rly. Glad to see Sakamichi and Tadokoro with the team again :D

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Jun 16, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2009
I'm so pissed off that Midousuji won. Fuck that guy.
Jun 16, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2013
motHER FUCKING MIDOUSUJI SHOULDN'T HAVE WON THIS FUCKING RACE I HOPE THAT cunt SPLITS HIS KNEES CAPS OPEN SDFJDAKLGASL;IGHKADJGHKAFDGAKFD.

SHINKAI TOTES WON THAT, ONLY IF MIDOUSUJI DIDNT LEAN BACK.

ughhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jun 16, 2014 2:44 PM
Jun 2012
I feel like I'm the only one who likes Midousuji, lol. But his victory was kinda stupid. Also did no one think it was weird that he was going all out just to take the sprinter checkpoint? I thought the guy only cared about the finishline? How will he have the energy to take that, he even released that nonsensical limiter.
Jun 16, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2012
Sad... Midousuji won and just 2 more episodes left....But at least there is the Hime song. Can't help smiling whenever I hear it. What if the whole Sohoku team will sing it? Waaaa.... haha. That will be so funny.
Jun 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2010
UubTay said:
I feel like I'm the only one who likes Midousuji, lol. But his victory was kinda stupid. Also did no one think it was weird that he was going all out just to take the sprinter checkpoint? I thought the guy only cared about the finishline? How will he have the energy to take that, he even released that nonsensical limiter.
I think that's the point. He wasn't supposed to go all out, but he did, so he's gonna pay for it at the finish line.

But yeah, fuck Midousuji. I hope Hakone wins the damn thing, because they've been losing everything else (and Sohoku can't win! It's still Onoda's first inter-high and would go against the rule of shounen!)
Jun 16, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
Why the hell didn't Shinkai jump too? Every sprinter does it in such circumstances...

But this show lost much credit by letting Shinkai, the one they established as the best sprinter, not utterly destroy Midousuji by a few bike lengths (although one of my gripes with this show is that a few lengths don't mean a thing in such a short distance).

And what's happening to Hakone should be happening to every team. There aren't bad climbers in this show it seems. So unrealistic it's really bothering me - drafting doesn't do that much uphill. And why drafting works so well in this show, while nobody even think about taking advantage your opponents wheel, is beyond me.

If this season wasn't almost over, I would probably drop the show. But hopefully we will hear more Hime, as it never fails to put a smile on my face.
Jun 16, 2014 3:12 PM

May 2010
UubTay said:

He's quite obviously on drugs. It's the only way it all adds up. It fits his personality. He'll do anything to win. The tournament doesn't look to have any drug testing, so it should be easy enough.
Jun 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
Just want to finish this show now. Started so well but the last 15 eps or so have been utter garbage. I mean what next? How about that Midousuji is actually a mecha robot with lasers!? Total arse gravy.
Jun 16, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
YAY FINALLY! TEAM SOHOKU!
(I'm going to fastforward some of the Mifouduji scenes, he's annoying to watch)

I'm getting chills from the omake at the end of the episode.
Jun 16, 2014 3:58 PM

Sep 2008
worried that they are going to cut out a bunch of things or details from this last part of the second day :/ not sure where they will end the season if they don't finish the race, but 2 eps is certainly not enough to adapt it properly.
Jun 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2013
Jun 16, 2014 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
Dang...Midosuji was actually really smart. I have to give him credit for that. That was a such a good move.

Hime hime...
Jun 16, 2014 4:37 PM

Oct 2007
Vexper said:

Yeah total garbage character I completely agree. The show has otherwise such solid cast members that it doesn't need this guy cheapening the experience and the rest of the cast by proxy. He's just the lamest typical OP final boss character that doesn't really fit into things all that well. It honestly might keep me from coming back for the second season if they don't find some way to make his character feel worth it in the end because it's just such a show killer and after a good recovery from a pretty week training arc too. This show really can be it's own worst enemy sometimes with some of the ways it chooses to go about things.

It has nothing to do with being Shonen anime though, he's just a bad poorly conceived character that's there to act as an invincible obstacle to overcome until suddenly he ceases being invincible.
PeacingOutJun 16, 2014 4:44 PM
Jun 16, 2014 5:01 PM
Jan 2010
nice episode great to see how Onoda surprises everyone i thought Shinkai would win this but i was right with that his weakness was in the end an important factor that he lost against Midosouji if he headnt that weakness he would have won.
Well Midosouji planned it all like he said.
For me one of the best anime this season. I never thought that an sports anime can entertain so much.

Jun 16, 2014 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
Was waiting for this episode for so long xD it was so funny to read this in the manga...
that cheat xD

I really hate the first year that pretends to be a good cyclist and pretends to know everything... he's just an annoyance >.<
duderusJun 16, 2014 5:35 PM

Jun 16, 2014 5:36 PM

Nov 2012
seriously, I don't think that move by Midousuji is even physically possible
Jun 16, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Midousuji was clever at the last second. Still needs backstory.
He needs to fall apart on the third day. Maybe get into an accident.
Jun 16, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2013
Kuro_Kishi said:
seriously, I don't think that move by Midousuji is even physically possible

PHYSICS! XD

It is possible by the way, you just lean back and push the bike forward with your legs.
Everyone's acting like it's impossible to do :O amateurs.

The Imaizumi scene was done horribly, a travesty actually :O
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/12436/132.0/compressed/myowapeda_v016_c132_p012.jpg?v=11399519273
Jun 16, 2014 8:29 PM

Apr 2013
Midousuji has brought this show down so much.. I hate his character.
Jun 16, 2014 8:53 PM

Aug 2008
Like everyone else, I really hated that Midosuji actually won. I hate the character and it's making me not wanting to watch one of my favorite stories lately. One would expect a Shonen title not to empower cheating and bullying as the ultimate art for winning. I'm in for genre breakers, but this is just way too much...

On the other hand, it was really touching when Tadokoro and Onoda finally reached the team. I just hope that the series isn't ruined by more Midosuji crap.
cat_clanJun 16, 2014 9:11 PM
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Jun 16, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
I almost cried when they gathered together again, and smiling like a retard. I fucking love this show.
2 episodes left ugh. I wonder where they will end it?

Well perhaps I wasn't too happy that Midousuji won but, it is a understandable choice of the author and was necessary I guess.
AkanezoraJun 16, 2014 9:53 PM
Jun 16, 2014 10:12 PM

Sep 2008
RediceRyan said:
Midousuji was clever at the last second. Still needs backstory.
He needs to fall apart on the third day. Maybe get into an accident.

he gets one... after the second day ends. In other words, you're going to be likely waiting till next season. Though this season has already moved forward several flashbacks from the 3rd day so who knows. With 2 eps left though it's pretty unlikely.
Jun 16, 2014 10:50 PM

Oct 2013
As for each episode, this anime only gets gayer
When I sign up for this, I thought there will be some romance between Onoda and that girl
turn out it's just bunch of gay dudes having orgasm on a bike

sigh
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 16, 2014 11:01 PM

Apr 2013
Toaki90 said:
As for each episode, this anime only gets gayer
When I sign up for this, I thought there will be some romance between Onoda and that girl
turn out it's just bunch of gay dudes having orgasm on a bike

sigh
watches comedy shounen expecting romance
no romantic development
probably means the anime and its characters are gay
rages on MAL forums
no one actually cares
Jun 17, 2014 3:19 AM

Jul 2009
LMAO that ending. ABUUUUUUUUUU~!
Jun 17, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2011
I was smiling like a dipshit at Onoda and Tadokoro smiling. I was starting to think we wouldn't see them join back up until the final episode. So glad there's gonna be a second season because no way is this gonna have a satisfying end.
Jun 17, 2014 7:01 AM

Feb 2012
They should really kill off Midousuji!

Love it how Onoda and Tadokoro sang the Princess song just for kicks!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 17, 2014 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
I'm pretty sure Hakone will fall but seing Shohoku catching up will put some energy back into them.
Jun 17, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
Shinkai Lost NOOOO !!!!!

Midouji GRRRRR

Hakone falling apart !!! Manami-kun save them !!!

Onoda and Todoroki singing again XDD When they caught up. Tears were flowing down my eyes at the same time Todoroki was T___T. Crying and smiling at the same time. All those congrats from everyone. TwT When Onoda is around the mood and atmosphere changes. Imaizumi-kun is back !!!! Team Sohoku is back together!!!!!
Jun 17, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
Vexper said:

Bwahahaha... Orochimaru on a bike. I will keep that image in my mind for a while now.
Jun 17, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2012
Intense. I was in shock when he won, even if I got spoiled already by MAL. lol

To the Midousuji critiquers: I would agree with what you're saying but I read some manga spoilers and...He's not just a crazy villain. He's still a teenager like the rest of them and he has a reason for fighting.

TWO EPISODES LEFT!!! How will they conclude this show?!
Jun 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
Deborah051089 said:
Vexper said:

Bwahahaha... Orochimaru on a bike. I will keep that image in my mind for a while now.

I'm imagining Orochimaru singing hime hime now.
Jun 18, 2014 1:56 AM

Jun 2012
Adviel said:
Stark700 said:

This picture is so Gay

XDD
True

Jun 18, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2008
Midousuji should crash downhill, grinding his "pretty" face, oh yeah!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 7:43 AM

Jun 2014
It was as awesome as ever!
At first I was positive enough that Shinkai would won, but I'm sad that Midousuji won.
It's just that I hate him.

But gladly that sad moment was quickly covered up with Onoda successfully catched up to the team and I can't wait for the next episode!
P.S. I was grinning through the episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.