Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v5)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 194 195 [196] 197 198 »
Jul 9, 2015 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
Deus-Vult said:
shite I know this but I forgot
like rly, I watched a few eps on it on youtube
starting with a G right?
I have zero recollection of the name. Dont get my hopes like that man. (  ゚,_ゝ゚)
Jul 9, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2015
drendren said:
Deus-Vult said:
shite I know this but I forgot
like rly, I watched a few eps on it on youtube
starting with a G right?
I have zero recollection of the name. Dont get my hopes like that man. (  ゚,_ゝ゚)
damn 4get about what I said
false alarm lmao
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 9, 2015 12:13 AM

Jul 2015
can you describe the "red power suit" a bit more? Was it like a sentai?
Jul 9, 2015 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
tekking101reborn said:
can you describe the "red power suit" a bit more? Was it like a sentai?
No, it wasn't sentai. The show was kinda dark. From what I remember they're mechanical armors that transform from their wrist watch. The red armor has visors on them. It was very "hard" looking and "mechanical" looking. I should also mention that it's an anime I guess.
Jul 9, 2015 12:16 AM

Jan 2015
Generator Gawl?
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 9, 2015 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
Deus-Vult said:
Generator Gawl?
No, that wasn't it.
Jul 9, 2015 12:22 AM

Jun 2015
is it Giant Robo?
Read Toriko!
Jul 9, 2015 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
phantom346 said:
is it Giant Robo?
No, they didn't become giant robots. Just wearing robo armor. The helmet didn't cover their entire head, you could still see his chin. That probably doesnt help lol.
Jul 9, 2015 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman?
Jul 9, 2015 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
_Charl said:
Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman?
Not gatchaman. The art seemed like it was from the late 90s, or at least further past gatchman.
Jul 9, 2015 12:51 AM

Jul 2011
It would be good if you could describe more of the features of those characters (hair color, clothing color and design and etc.). Also the robo armor. Do you remember any words? Were they in Japanese? Was there English?
"I’m afraid of female leads that act cute and unnatural. I’ll always be irritated and point out “There’s no such people!”
~ Sorachi Hideaki

Gintama is love, Gintama is life
Jul 9, 2015 12:53 AM

Jun 2014
better off posting in manga identification thread which has a sticky in manga discussion
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
sao
Jul 9, 2015 1:02 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not sure, but maybe Tekkaman Balde?
Jul 9, 2015 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
xxwattcherxx said:
It would be good if you could describe more of the features of those characters (hair color, clothing color and design and etc.). Also the robo armor. Do you remember any words? Were they in Japanese? Was there English?
xxwattcherxx said:
I vaguely remember the mc having brown hair (?) Other than that I don't remember any words or anything on the suit.
Jul 9, 2015 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
zetsu_shoren said:
sao
Obvious troll is obvious
Jul 9, 2015 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
Akagi-kun said:
I'm not sure, but maybe Tekkaman Balde?
It was not tekkaman
Jul 9, 2015 1:08 AM
Jan 2015
Genesis Climber MOSPEADA maybe? Here's an example of characters + a power suit.
Jul 9, 2015 1:08 AM

Nov 2009
We have a thread for these types of inquiries.

Post them on "The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v5)

I can't help you but it might be more worthwhile posting in the intended place for these types of questions.
Jul 9, 2015 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Pirating_Ninja said:
We have a thread for these types of inquiries.

Post them on "The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v5)

I can't help you but it might be more worthwhile posting in the intended place for these types of questions.
I didn't know that existed. Thank you
Jul 9, 2015 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
I've had the image of this show's poster in my head for over ten years and I never really looked into it but I wanna know. What I know about it:
1. From how I remember the art, I'm pretty sure it's from the 90s or perhaps late 80s. It was dark and edgy and the protagonist was an angsty young man.
2. The poster image is of a young man shouting into the dark sky in anguish(?) while he's in this red power suit thing that he can transform into from his watch(?) The suit itself is very "hard" and "mechanical" looking and has a visor that covers his eyes, but not his mouth. The armor does not make him bigger or anything, he's still normal size.
3. In the poster next to the young man is an older and larger looking man and a young woman both of whom can also transform into blackish armor. 4. I remember the show was them fighting these monsters, not sure if they're aliens. So internet, any ideas?
Jul 9, 2015 1:22 AM

May 2014
So I don't have a picture or anything but I do remember, as a kid, watching this kid's anime about some boy who had this worm creature that always perched on his shoulder. When it was time to fight he would feed this worm a coin of some sort, the worm would lay an egg, and the egg would hatch into a mecha. Any ideas of the name, or am I tripping out and just imagining this series?
Jul 9, 2015 1:26 AM

May 2014
drendren said:
I've had the image of this show's poster in my head for over ten years and I never really looked into it but I wanna know. What I know about it:
1. From how I remember the art, I'm pretty sure it's from the 90s or perhaps late 80s. It was dark and edgy and the protagonist was an angsty young man.
2. The poster image is of a young man shouting into the dark sky in anguish(?) while he's in this red power suit thing that he can transform into from his watch(?) The suit itself is very "hard" and "mechanical" looking and has a visor that covers his eyes, but not his mouth. The armor does not make him bigger or anything, he's still normal size.
3. In the poster next to the young man is an older and larger looking man and a young woman both of whom can also transform into blackish armor. 4. I remember the show was them fighting these monsters, not sure if they're aliens. So internet, any ideas?

Perhaps S-cry-ed, or Ronin Warriors? I have a feeling those aren't it though, but I kind of remember what you're describing.
Jul 9, 2015 2:04 AM
Jul 2018

Wait... what? That's hentai :c bummer oh well ty anyways
Jul 9, 2015 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
http://i.imgur.com/XFPpFqw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B1a5Fku.jpg

Anyone knows where those are from?
Awesome Forum Set by @SenpieX
Jul 9, 2015 2:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
NineDays said:

Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Zero
Jul 9, 2015 2:46 AM

Feb 2013
HaXXspetten said:
NineDays said:

Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Zero

Crap, you're right, that's Saber and Berserker... Shame on me.
Awesome Forum Set by @SenpieX
Jul 9, 2015 3:09 AM
Feb 2014

This is it. Eroge h is another good one but not the one I was looking for. Thanks TestamentKAISER! :D
Jul 9, 2015 3:57 AM
May 2013
THANKS MAN!!!
Jul 9, 2015 4:10 AM

Dec 2014
It wasn't much.... ;)
Jul 9, 2015 6:18 AM
Jul 2015
This is just my vague memory of what I remember. There was an episode where a boy finds a lost girl on an island. He finds her in an underworld or something of the sort. He takes her back to the real world by boat.
Then on another episode he goes back to that underworld again with her and he has to verse a dragon in a spiritual summoning sort of thing to get stronger.
That's all I remember but any suggestion of what you might think it is would be appreciated.
Jul 9, 2015 6:18 AM

Nov 2014

Jul 9, 2015 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
imdsound said:
drendren said:

Perhaps S-cry-ed, or Ronin Warriors? I have a feeling those aren't it though, but I kind of remember what you're describing.
No that wasn't it.
Jul 9, 2015 11:12 AM
Jul 9, 2015 11:14 AM
Jan 2013

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10359/Jewelpet_Sunshine

Ohohojousama puts the character name on the description, you can use that for future references
gone bai bai
Jul 9, 2015 11:20 AM

Aug 2014
Mkim said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10359/Jewelpet_Sunshine

Ohohojousama puts the character name on the description, you can use that for future references

Ty.
Jul 9, 2015 11:53 AM
Jul 2015
Hello! I appreciate any help I can get. I've been desperately searching for this anime movie but I think because I watched it so long ago, its no longer being talked about. If I had to guess, maybe 6 years.

It used to be on Netflix but it's not anymore. I'll try to give as many details as possible but my memory is very vague.

The detail I'm most confident in is that they are on Earth, yet alien-plant like creatures came through space and landed on Earth. They are dangerous, and very hostile. The anime is focused on this little town that has survived by cutting away at the wall of alien plants, keeping them at bay.

I do vaguely remember there being a life pod, and the main character waking up , falling out of the pod, and making their way to this tiny town. They are then told what has happened over the span of many years. (I can't remember how long) Later on in the movie, the main character brings someone back through the deserted subway (I think) to show them the little life pod they came out of. They town is built on very rocky terrain.

It was a short movie, and I really wanted to watch it again. Or to see if they made a show out of it. I have absolutely no idea what the name could be. But it was in English and I would say in terms of the characters, they were more on the side of realistic. No cute anime girl eyes. Or pink hair. None of that haha.

Hopefully someone remembers this movie. It was a beautiful story. If not, thank you for reading! Have a nice day. :) If you have any questions let me know.
Jul 9, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
SophiaCristina said:
Hello! I appreciate any help I can get. I've been desperately searching for this anime movie but I think because I watched it so long ago, its no longer being talked about. If I had to guess, maybe 6 years.

It used to be on Netflix but it's not anymore. I'll try to give as many details as possible but my memory is very vague.

The detail I'm most confident in is that they are on Earth, yet alien-plant like creatures came through space and landed on Earth. They are dangerous, and very hostile. The anime is focused on this little town that has survived by cutting away at the wall of alien plants, keeping them at bay.

I do vaguely remember there being a life pod, and the main character waking up , falling out of the pod, and making their way to this tiny town. They are then told what has happened over the span of many years. (I can't remember how long) Later on in the movie, the main character brings someone back through the deserted subway (I think) to show them the little life pod they came out of. They town is built on very rocky terrain.

It was a short movie, and I really wanted to watch it again. Or to see if they made a show out of it. I have absolutely no idea what the name could be. But it was in English and I would say in terms of the characters, they were more on the side of realistic. No cute anime girl eyes. Or pink hair. None of that haha.

Hopefully someone remembers this movie. It was a beautiful story. If not, thank you for reading! Have a nice day. :) If you have any questions let me know.

Is it Origin: Spirits of the Past?
Jul 9, 2015 12:18 PM
Jul 2015
OMG THANK YOU. IT IS. YOU'RE THE BEST.
Jul 9, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
I recognize this character from SOMETHING, but no matter how hard I look I can't figure it out. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Jul 9, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2015
3DS said:
I recognize this character from SOMETHING, but no matter how hard I look I can't figure it out. Help would be greatly appreciated!

It's art by the artist 'Tomose Shunsaku'
I don't believe it's from anything in particular
Jul 9, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2015
Sacreds said:
3DS said:

It's art by the artist 'Tomose Shunsaku'
I don't believe it's from anything in particular

Then if anyone knows of any characters that look a lot like this I would appreciate that as well, because I have definitely seen a character a LOT like this somewhere, and it's bothering me that I can't figure it out! DX
Jul 9, 2015 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
Mishukax said:
ExTamplier said:

Image file seems to be corrupted
But from what I see this is Nozomi Egawa from Nozomi Witches
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2052/
Thanks.

Jul 9, 2015 8:58 PM
Aug 2013
http://i.imgur.com/rs1N0qP.png

Is this an original artwork? If not, can someone tell me what anime this fan art is from?
Jul 9, 2015 9:30 PM

Nov 2014
pochanmn said:

Is this an original artwork? If not, can someone tell me what anime this fan art is from?
original work
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=46718715

Jul 9, 2015 10:12 PM
Aug 2013
ExTamplier said:
pochanmn said:

original work
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=46718715

Thanks.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 194 195 [196] 197 198 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

60 by Zarutaku »»
16 minutes ago

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

3 by nishant0 »»
43 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

40 by FanofAction »»
44 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

72 by luckyrune »»
47 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 1 hour ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.