Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's kinda obvious who that guy under hood is...

So basically, we get the idol for a harem now. I think the list is complete now for all type of girls. That song sucks though imo. And welp, that quickly escalated with the whole parallel gimmick again.
Jun 15, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
Nanami showing a new side of herself by being a fan of Serican.
So that happened when Souta was just about to do his thing.
Megumu with that heart flag and dance flag.
The song sounds a little too cute for it to be good. Seeing all those lights, rising and falling.
That went surprisingly sci-fi. All those worlds and data! The world "freezing" o.o, didn't see that coming.
Nanami is the only one to remember :O, rise and fall of hope? Decent episode, but seems to lack a little comedy!
Jun 15, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
It was an good episode.

A new character named Serika Ginyuuin appeared at school for the school festival to sing.

Serika's song was alright.

Looked like the girls started to forgot Souta except Nanami.
Jun 15, 2014 9:19 PM

May 2013
I thought that idol girl was going to be a part of his harem. So Nanami remembers Souta while the rest don't. Can't wait to see how this is going to play out.
Jun 15, 2014 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
well that was heavy, r they alive? there in virtual worlds that mean there programs?
Jun 15, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I wasn't expecting the world was pretty much VR though. Well with only two eps left I'm curious on how this will all wrap up now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 15, 2014 10:21 PM

Jun 2010
It went from changing flags to messing with people's memories. I love this show.

Jun 15, 2014 10:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
so, he went full Neo?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 15, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
wakka9ca said:
so, he went full Neo?

Exactly, lol.
Jun 15, 2014 11:21 PM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
so, he went full Neo?

Yeah, I thought the same thing.
Jun 15, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2013
So new idol character appears, and again Souta saved her from being sad. Another girl to the harem I suppose.

What the hell is up with this virtual reality world that Souta sees. Yup and the cliffhanger scene is craving me to see the next episode.

Jun 15, 2014 11:40 PM

Oct 2013
Wait what just happened?! Where did this Matrix plot twist come from? Don't get the wrong idea. I love seeing crazy plot twists as much as the next guy and loved that the show did something like this but man was this left field. Atleast this keeps the show feeling interesting and unique and not just another haram rom com.
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Jun 16, 2014 1:38 AM

May 2013
Another one has been added to the harem.
I'm guessing all of them forgot about him except Nanami.
Jun 16, 2014 3:15 AM

May 2010
God, Serika is beautiful, loving her since the preview of last week. Now that's what I call an idol. Another girl in Hatate's harem (and the last one?)

There is such a thing as dance partner flag? Whoa.

Such abilities. Much mind-reading.

I think, this episode was awesome.
Jun 16, 2014 3:16 AM

Aug 2012
Souta can now literally fuck everything in the world huh. Unlike other shows, when this transitions from happy to serious, it doesn't feel off.

Anyway, the song was kinda meh. I'd rather listen to the OP lol.
Jun 16, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
How many times have I seen this plot twist :P "Heh? Who's Souta?" <_<
Well still waiting for some kind of explanation to why Nanami is the only one he can't see the flags off and now she's the only one who knows him.

And who the hell was the Nanami of this ep? She was 180 different XD

Lol'd so much at how Serican reacted to Souta's harem XD "How many friggin girls do u have by the nose" XD Well, u'r also one :P

And ofc Souta was the one who cheered her up in the past <_< He wanted to end his life then XD
Jun 16, 2014 6:52 AM
Jun 2011
Barion-Zara said:
How many times have I seen this plot twist :P "Heh? Who's Souta?" <_<
Well still waiting for some kind of explanation to why Nanami is the only one he can't see the flags off and now she's the only one who knows him.

And who the hell was the Nanami of this ep? She was 180 different XD

Lol'd so much at how Serican reacted to Souta's harem XD "How many friggin girls do u have by the nose" XD Well, u'r also one :P

And ofc Souta was the one who cheered her up in the past <_< He wanted to end his life then XD
i think the one under the mask is nanami it so ovious by her hair
Jun 16, 2014 7:09 AM
Apr 2014
Serican comes into the harem.

Nanami fangirling over Serican XD

Serican and Nanami become like bff's or something

It was WAY too easy to figure out who the 'Purple Flagman' was imo.

Goes all sci-fi mode with the 'freezing' and how Number Zero sez there's like millions of worlds out there. That was a big suprise for me.

Souta leaves that world to save it, and everyone but Nanami forgets Souta. Pretty Cliche imo.

Overall, it was a great episode I liked, can't wait for the next one though.

5/5
Jun 16, 2014 7:29 AM

Jan 2014
elior1 said:

Not gonna lie, I'm getting the same vibe right now as well. Why can't he see Nanami's flags? This has got to be the biggest plot point of them all. Not to mention what happened to his sister after she escaped... So many unanswered questions..

Not gonna lie though, this show is something else and I mean that in a good way
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 16, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2010
I thought most if this episode was absolutely useless and the last part showed some development, the first part was mainly about another adaption to the harem and an annoying one at that.
I have to say that this anime has been going downhill rapidly the last couple of episodes.
uran10 said:
elior1 said:

Not gonna lie, I'm getting the same vibe right now as well. Why can't he see Nanami's flags? This has got to be the biggest plot point of them all. Not to mention what happened to his sister after she escaped... So many unanswered questions..

Not gonna lie though, this show is something else and I mean that in a good way
I was thinking the same, either the girl is Nanami or someone closely related to Nanami.
And the sister also remains a mystery.
Jun 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
You should not skip 10 episodes of an anime show. However sometimes it leads to just magnificent experiences.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jun 16, 2014 12:22 PM
Feb 2013
Rawr, Rawr, looks like Hatate has decided to delete his existence in his harem world, but it seems that Nanami is the only one who remembers him.
Jun 16, 2014 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
The Disappearance of Hatate Souta

Back when I was reading Spring season anime list the synopsis of this show had so much promise and yet what I got was an anime filled with as many highschool harem anime tropes as possible with a minute or two of something interesting... Well two more episodes left
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jun 16, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Wow they actually were able to pull of a cliffhanger and implemented VR (which isnt even out of place) this is almost a fantastic achievement.

I mean it is nothing compared to really good VR anime like Zegapain, but still, pretty good to have a plot with twists in a harem.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 16, 2014 2:36 PM
Apr 2010
LOL pulling a Matrix out its plotline. GG did not even see that coming at all. XD
Jun 16, 2014 3:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I guess we can have Kanojo ga Flagg SS and Kanojo ga Flag SS Plus.

So the show went from flags to data, worlds. I thought it would be some cheesy comedy based on the anime picture shown.

Well that was an unexpected ending. I guess when Nanami got that sudden shock like "what was that", Akane probably forgot who Souta is. Most likely Souta did it on purpose so that Akane, Nanami and the others wouldn't wonder where he went and feel sad that he left. I mean his powers have fully developed.

Ending art

Jun 16, 2014 6:26 PM
Mar 2014
Maybe the reason why Nanami remembers Souta has something to do with the fact that he can't see her flags?
Jun 16, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
So they're in the matrix and Souta's The One.

"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 16, 2014 7:57 PM

Oct 2013
I hope they give a decent explanation on why Nanami remembers, which probably relates to how no flags appear on her head.
Jun 16, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
Well...that was weird.

So many questions raised with no answers.

We still don't know the who or whereabouts of his supposed sister.

We don't know who the Nanami lookalike is under the mask.

That door under Quest hall has basically become the basement of Attack on Titan...completely forgotten.

So this weird group basically made the matrix then? Does that mean that the people in Souta's "world" even exist? Or are they just bits of simulated data? Is there even a "real world" that exists in the show? Is Souta's flag power supernatural or just a computer program?

Why can Nanami remember Souta after he makes himself disappear? And why was she talking to Ruri about it in the preview?

Only 2 episodes left with no guarantee of a season 2. Let's hope this ends on a good note.
Jun 16, 2014 11:14 PM

Feb 2014
Wow.. So is no one actually a real living person? Is there a real world of some sort, even if it's not like the modern earth we know? If there is then what's the point of creating all these virtual worlds? They mentioned something like "time was moving faster than the real world" or something like that.
Jun 17, 2014 12:25 AM

Apr 2012
the Truth from world who Souta living now is Fake? how shocking twist episode

the more questions towards the end of the anime, I hope everything will be explained in the rest of the episode

Jun 17, 2014 2:38 AM

Jun 2014
LOL MATRIX.

The plot twist was cliche and it's not shocking to ever see the line "Who's ____" but I think what really got us was the fact that the whole series was pretty underwhelming in terms of plot and so they decided to slap us with the matrix.

Masked girl in my opinion will be Nanami or something related to her..

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara vs Black Bullet harem.. oh wait..

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 17, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2008
Souta is The One, with some dimension travelling sprinkled on.
Having said that, I think it actually makes it more interesting, instead of becoming just another harem anime. Now, having said THAT, I don't think they got the balls to really twist it up so I predict everyone reuniting one way or another in the last two episodes, quite possibly Ruri finding her first.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jun 17, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
VR world OMG!!!!!

Nanami must be from another world. So she was the only one who remembers Souta
Maybe she was the MC in that world and got sent here.

Souta sister must be the key !!
Jun 17, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2013
ELI5 the hell is going on?
Jun 17, 2014 4:00 PM
Jun 2011
Damn it!
I finally came to accept that this show wasn't going to pull Little Busters on me, and it did!
Curse my heart and my spoiler sense!

Thank god Nanami grabbed the main character flag when he left.
Still, it sucks that everything we ever knew was a lie.
My poor cousin almost cried when he realized what it meant.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Jun 17, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
So Souta can now alter memories with his fully developed powers.

Great episode!!!
Jun 19, 2014 12:43 AM

Oct 2010
Yet another anime heading in a disappointing direction. What is this?
The fucking matrix now?
Jun 19, 2014 9:59 AM

Apr 2011
Appreciate the new spin on Nanami :D
kinda humorous how their servers froze, but I guess that's better than lagging.
As for supapopidol, she's really nice!
but I think Serika...
Jun 19, 2014 2:40 PM
Nov 2010
Looks like (almost) everyone assume that everyone except Nanami forgets about Souta. So I'd like to present my view on this.
@ episode 9 just before 1:00 "...at the first barrier, the knight, magician, cleric, and ninja lost their lives." These are from the fairy tale.
@ episode 2 from 20:00 "The mage (magician) is difficult. It's best to topple her first. The knight is the cornerstone of defense... Use the bishop (cleric) to lure her out, and the ninja to stab her from behind." These are Sakura's instructions to beat the game. (I didn't notice how dark, and creepy these instructions are until my re-watching)
Ok so the connection is that Souta already "topple'd" Akane-the-magician (lol this sounds bad but whatever). Next he'd lure Nanami-the-knight out to "stab" her from behind using Ruri-the-ninja. etc...
As for why Souta'd be doing this? To beat the world? idk. But I like my view better than the cliche that only Nanami remembers Souta.
Jun 19, 2014 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! I didn't know I was watching Matrix this whole time!
Great job, I honestly did not see this coming.
Jun 20, 2014 2:29 AM

Oct 2012
#TheDissapearanceOfSoutaKun
Jun 20, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
Was waiting for him to bend the spoon with his mind.
Jun 21, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
Expect the unexpected. This Harem World is really the Matrix! No wonder why it seem a bit fake hehe. And Hatate Souta is the one. I bet Number Zero is "the Oracle".

Plot bomb episode.

Jun 23, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2011
Lol at Nanami going crazy at Serican.

And her scenes with Souta, him trying to deny he met the idol before was hilarious.
Jun 24, 2014 8:15 AM

Dec 2011
So Serican is an idol and the bard huh... welcome to the harem I guess...

Hooded Souta helped bring her back on the idol track and work harder.

Souta wanted to commit suicide... poor guy...

They all look really great in those dresses... even Megumu I guess...

Lol, virtual world, a network and all that shit, things have gotten serious.

As long as Souta is in that virtual world it will crash next time it seems... damn...

Aha, everyone except Nanami forgot about Souta, I wonder just how did she manage that lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 27, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Wait, wait. Did the show got suddenly mixed the Matrix with some Steins;Gate movie? Wut? Well, that was reaaally unexpected.

But it make some things clearer. First about Nanami and Ruri. Ruri knew oddly a lot about the other worlds and the prophecy. Yet she never have a flag (yeah, I know, she's a robot, but still...). Nanami is also the only one who remember him (well, I guess) and she also never have flags. Does that mean that unlike the others, she wasn't created as a virtual ''pnj''? Who is she in reality? She's so damn mysterious, even more that she look a lot like No.Zero, yet, she had a flag on her head. Err, maybe I shouldn't try to figure it out too much, it's hurting my brain xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 30, 2014 1:52 AM

May 2013
Serican is a nice addition, didn't know how Souta was suppose to bond with her but to find out that he was the one who pretty much made her what she is now...he's the one.

The Truth has finally arrived!
Jul 8, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2013
starting to lose intrest in this anime for some reason idk y just isn't doing it for me D:
[/quote]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

144 by JC612 »»
Jan 11, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

145 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:31 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.