Forums
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Post New Reply
Dec 25, 2009 6:15 PM

Enigmatica said:
BadLuckTuckxL said:
The loner that has outgoing friends?

Dec 26, 2009 3:35 PM

I'm quiet in the class too, especially in a lesson. I will tell the truth, I'm not popular at school, I'm rather shy with new people. I have only few friends who I really trust. I try to be kind to everyone, and no one really says anything bad to me. Well, there is one girl who ruined that, but that's a long story.
I also don't open to people that fast, maybe that's because some people 'lose interest in me' in a short time. But I find that okay, I don't like to push people to become friends with me if they don't want to.
Well, I'm happy with the friends I have now, they are trustworthy, kind, helpful and I can have a lot of fun with them <3

Dec 26, 2009 11:46 PM

Here in Mexico, or at least in my city, the social cliques are nowhere near as marked as they are in the States, people get along with everyone, but there are still certain groups.

I do not wish to sound snobby, so forgive me for saying this, but well XD, my school is the most expensive private school in the city, so in my grade, things got sort of divided into three groups. There was no loser group, instead, there was the group of the "nacos". There is no literal translation for that in english, the closest I can think of is "uncouth". Basically, the few people who speoke with more slang, or with a certain accent that is common in the lower classes, and who did not dress in expensive designer clothes, were the "nacos".

Then, there was "the group". I am serious, everyonce calls them "the group". This was teh largest group, and consisted of girls who follow the norms of the upper class, but who partty a lot, drink and smoke heavily, ever since they were like fourteen.

Then there was my group. We were sort of the "good girls". We all come from wealthy families and fit the regular criteria, but we did not like to drink or act loosely like the others.

Recently, though, I've been hanging also with a group of friends who are a couple years older than me, but who I have more in common with, and who also like anime! haha, believe me, nobody knew I was an anime fan until this year. Not because I was ashamed of it or anything, but because I knew no one I could discuss it with XD

Jan 20, 2010 9:36 AM

Social Outcast, I'm not hated(or at least I like to think so) but I'm definetely not popular. I don't wanna be one of them anyway, I cant think of anything more depressing than talking about clothes, money and rap all day.

Jan 20, 2010 10:45 AM

I was very normal and I'm still is. Had few friends, knew some people from "back in those days" and didn't care much about...anything. Just chill.

Jan 20, 2010 4:08 PM
Back in high school I was the quiet one who was friends with the quiet group. We were the "social outcasts" who just hung out on the library steps.

I'm a bit more social now I'm in college, but my campus doesn't tend to have the standard cliques. We tend to clique by class.

Jan 20, 2010 4:16 PM

mute and hated my most. When I do talk people get scared shitless... -.- so I just gave up completely

Jan 20, 2010 6:24 PM

I was 'the quiet one in the nerd group who watched anime' because back then no one else in my grade watched it...

Jan 21, 2010 6:39 PM

In high school I was the joker who the cute girls loved but, not enough to wanna date 'im. I was that smar-tmouth nerd who got beat up by high strung brosiffs or at least I would've if I didn't have friends in those circles who could diffuse the situation. It was obvious that I was an anime otaku but, I was in no way a weaboo.

Jan 22, 2010 8:28 AM
In year's seven to eight I was out-going and social but still moderately quiet, I also had friend's. I then continue to year nine resisting the temptation to give into peer pressure and follow the crowd, and started becoming quieter and quieter. I then reach the year group im currently in which is year ten. Im very quiet, not very social and friendless. Im basically the loser who'll stand beside a few people she knows from tutor then walk to and from class's alone, but if im honest I don't really mind, because the majority of the students at my school aren't very pleasant or polite. V.V
Modified by HandleMe, Jan 22, 2010 8:32 AM

Jan 22, 2010 9:02 AM

Chavez said:
didn't give a fuck about social status and thus eventually ended up getting along with everyone.

This.

Jan 22, 2010 9:51 AM
T_T

Well, in 5-8th grades was like shit...almost. I didn;t have any good friends that want to give me a break and don't burke me... T_T
Now, I'm in high school 10th grade. Lots of funny and always with a smile on their faces. I like that but not every hour/minute/second per day. @_@ it drives me crazy. And also I can't stand the music they put on the computer ( we have one in our class) ... they put it on max volume -> it's not the crapiest music BUT ( it's kinda disco, house thingy --> I know, I know - everybody has to have his own style but that's too much). And my seat is close to that computer so it goes right through my brain T_T. Good thing I have my ipod and phone with headsets <33
At the begining of 9th grade I was like -> didn't knew anybody of those people and now I know quite a few but I've just seen them in the school; don't know anything about them.
I think my only almost good friend is my colleauge; we sit thogether in the same bench. I can tell smth to her knowing that she's not gonna tell somebody and we are pretty good friends I guess.
I talk to some of other colleauges but just to say "good morning" or to ask for smth like "could u tell me how do you resolved this?" or smth similar. And I smile a lot so almost nobody notices that I might be sad actually but I fake the "happy face" very easy when I want. ^w^
And... for some reason I want to go back to 9th grade. Even though my colleauges were kinda shitty (sorry), my teachers weren't so bad. Now there are some teacher that put a 4 (F) beside a 10 (A)... and they don't really care if you had to do smth very important the previous day or so. ... T_T
And. for other unknown reason my grades aren't how they used to be. You can call me a little lazy (or a little more) but I gave my best, since I have other things to do - not only studing --- aka. all day long). Need to take some major decisions and start all over again with the phases of studying ^w^
=.= I complain to much ~ sorry ~
^w^
Also, I don't care about social status - I am who I am - no need to change for somebody - but there are some exceptions - rare cases - not so important to tell. Need to figure out why I'm so depressed - well I don't have what it is called a drepression - just like I'm not motivated to much and I'm not enthusiastic and I know this isn't the result from me listening to rock/metal music and watching a lot of anime, manga and horror movies, or is it? I certainly don't wanna give up on them so it's wierd. Don't know what to do. T_T
=)

Jan 22, 2010 9:59 AM

I used to get spotted right away as someone who liked mangas and anime so I got a quite a lot of friends who were into my same hobby during Art school. I dunno if I was popular though. I doubt it xD

Jan 22, 2010 4:07 PM
I don't exactly know where I was in High school. I did the school news on TV in the morning, so everyone know my name. I only had a few actual friends although I got along with everyone in the school. I did not like many people so I would just smile and not till they got bored with me. I did not notice too much of a split though. I think most people were just like me and got along with who ever decided not to start shit with
them.

The people I didn't like much in High school are gone now. The people I did like are still friends that I hang out with, so I think I made out very well even though I was not the most popular.

I missed my first semester of college due to travel and I start next week. I know that it's going to be a lot less friendly and more broken up than I'm used to, so I expect things to stay as they are now unless There is a group of people there that I get along with.
Modified by Thonel, Jan 22, 2010 5:19 PM

Jan 22, 2010 4:20 PM

Bad-Lucky said:
The loner that has loner friends?

I am no loner. Don't judge me!

Jan 22, 2010 4:44 PM

i dont exactly stand out, well maybe i do bcuz im super tall, but im not an outcast either. but most of the time i hang out at the classroom where we have tennis so i guess that kind of makes me a loner? not really though, we have a lot of people going in and out. but to sum it up im a super athletic nerd :) but we kind of have cliques though..well for my high school we have 8 different academies: advanced studies [WOOOOT!], humanitas, sports and fitness, performing art, aces, leadership, teacher career, technology prep. so usually everyone hangs out with people in their academy, whoever they were friends with in middle school, or if theyre in a sport or prep group. but for a really multi-racial school, everyone has their our groups; like latinos near the h building, blacks at the j and k buildings and asians and all others in the quad.

Jan 22, 2010 5:23 PM

I was the quiet nerd in high school

I much prefer that over some of the stuck up girls that ran around with their noses in the air.

Mystical.Giraffe.Powers.

Jan 22, 2010 5:31 PM
Meh, I is me. Usually, I'll hang out with the nerds/goths/band geeks and other obsessed anime lovers. I like talking to people but I've learned that it's more fun to sit back and listen. I like to be alone but yeah, I'd say I'm kinda popular. esspecially from within my group of friends. ^_^ Love yah guys!!!!

Jan 22, 2010 6:00 PM

I was Anthony Michael Hall's character in The Breakfast Club. Except, y'know, a girl.

Jan 22, 2010 8:33 PM
I am the philosophical stoner kid who always had a book in his hands.... I love high school. Other than that I'm consider the geekish guy because im in honors and ap classes.
"An eye for an eye ... ends in making everybody blind" Gandhi

Jan 22, 2010 10:25 PM

Always a loner, ever since elementary. Walked around the fields alone, got picked on, and stuff like that. Never really bothered me until Junior High when I fell into depression. Ended up leaving traditional high school after my first semester due to severe anxiety and depression, and did homeschool.

Jan 22, 2010 10:38 PM

I'm the scary girl.
That all the guys have a crush on, and i'm always being hit on, and a lot of times I accidently overhear inappropriate conversations about me.
And all the girls are jealous of, and they always making rumers about me. And I really hate it because I have no friends because of it.
Modified by LillianaCrozier, Apr 10, 2010 10:32 PM

Jan 22, 2010 11:22 PM
'social status'? I never really considered myself friends with anyone there but people definitely thought I was theirs. I was just to focused on either fooling around or trying to pass to give a damn about people I didint give a damn about.

I never really had a clique or anything. I just kinda hung out with whoever followed me around. Or whoever was easy to talk to.

Jan 22, 2010 11:27 PM

There are 2 groups in my class

The really cool

The really cool club

And I'm in the really cool club what is better to be in the normal really cool club. No srsly. My class is also devided in cliques. I don't think it's a problem since there is no clan war lol Different people hang out with different people. I love my class.
I also kinda love my school except these guys who think they are alowed to do everything and think they are sooooo cool.

I guess I'm one of the uncool people, but I hang out with other uncool people.

In my school 80% of all people know each other, the rest are fugly freaks. It's fucking disturbing.

Apr 7, 2010 7:30 AM
I was someone who was quiet, had a small group of friends and did as I was told.
I'm not quiet anymore, I still only have a small group of friends at college and I do what I'm told, most of the time. :D

Apr 7, 2010 7:38 AM
my high school was small, and everyone was fairly similar, so we did not really have "groups" honestly there was not really any social stigma going on. It was rather strange...

jr High was a different story though, lots of gangs and clicks, maybe I was just weird, but I would hang out with all the groups of people other than the gangs. I would go hang out with the "jocks" and meet up with the "nerds" in the library, "geeks" in the comp lab, "goths" in the back of the school yard, there was not much bullying outside of the gang scene so I never had to compromise a friendship to maintain another... ect... :\

As for college, I was never too active there, I just went to class and then went back and hung out at my dorm...

Apr 7, 2010 7:46 AM

Delinquent.

I was mainly raised in Vietnam. During war, there weren't many schools, but I attended at least over 30 schools, I didn't have any friends, because I was from Ha Noi, and most of other kids, were from country. But when I grew older, I have imigrated to Czech Rep (during that time, Czechoslovakia, country, that belonged to Soviets Union), thankfully, the Czech Republic, is now democratic country.
Modified by spupapi, Apr 7, 2010 7:49 AM
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Apr 7, 2010 7:47 AM

Elementary school (age 6-13) - i was weak, small and got bullied alot
Lower secondary school (age 13-16) same as above
upper secondary school (age 16-19) started training and got payback.
i`m 21 now and has lots of friends ^^,

Apr 7, 2010 7:54 AM

never used to be 'popular' was one of the most hated in my grade.
I changed alot, partly because of i was fed up of being treated like complete shit.
I'm 'normal' to those who don't know me, but to friends i'm a lol worthy idiot Dx

Apr 7, 2010 7:55 AM

During grade school and high school played the good student and got accepted to a good college (UCSD). Once free of the shackles of high school began to enjoy myself and not alway put my studies first as I had in the past. In the first two years made a lot of new friends that am still in contact with frequently. Once school got more demanding (last two years and then graduate school) I couldn't frequent club meetings or do as much work as I'd wanted to.

Since UCSD was largely a collection of "nerds" and other highly intelligent people I never felt out of place in my love of anime; it was a great place where many closet types came out to the meetings and realized they had friends on the same level as them. If anything, it was a rate situation where people that weren't at least exposed.to anime in some sort were the outcast instead of the usual norm.

Apr 7, 2010 8:07 AM

A big mixed.

I was good in the sense I never joined in when they put ice on the teachers chair (whats the point? They never notice), so I was never 'rated like that, bro'. < Majority of my class speak like that O_o

Our class is quite tight-knit, so I got along with everyone, known as a bit of a joker/overly-sarcastic freak. I'm only really close with one person, though.

My classmates call me 'emo', but I'm not. Labels make no sense. And I smile. XD

I was never really bullied, but they do make fun of me for the whole anime/japan obsession I have. I don't mind. They love me really.

I'm not one of the most popular kids, but I like being in the middle. XD

Apr 7, 2010 8:25 AM

I'm the quiet type when it comes to my school. I'm not looked as a nerd, though, but rather a cool, quiet kid. Some of my classmates that I pass through would just give me a high-five for no apparent reason.

I'm also known as the lazy-but-excel kind of kid.

And due to my attachment to Anime, some of them would call me "Hentai boy", even though I'm the one discouraging hentai to them in the first place.

Apr 7, 2010 9:19 AM

I was the nerd. What else is there to say?

Apr 7, 2010 9:28 AM
Class clown/dork.

My professor calls me "Juno" for some reason. Not because I'm a pregnant teen, but because I don't act like anyone he's ever really before.

Apr 7, 2010 10:19 AM

A sarcastic ass who hates everyone and everything.

Apr 7, 2010 10:24 AM

I was a pretty shy person in high school, but people seemed to open up to me easily.. I was usually shy until you got to know me, then you would say that I was the most talkative person on Earth..

Help me get Bioware Bazaar Tokens!.. The auctions have already started.. I currently have 10,640 tokens.. Thanks everyone for clicking!

http://social.bioware.com/brc/300527

Prize List!
http://social.bioware.com/auction_rules.php

Apr 7, 2010 10:29 AM

genxtrigun said:
I was a pretty shy person in high school, but people seemed to open up to me easily.. I was usually shy until you got to know me, then you would say that I was the most talkative person on Earth..

Haha, this.

Hardly anyone even knew my name, but once they got to know me, I had the nasty habit of talking their ear off...

But I guess my sense of humor made up for it, because all my friends are still with me. :'D

Apr 7, 2010 10:33 AM

The man that irritates everyone with his presence xD and laughs all the time xD

Apr 7, 2010 11:15 AM

genxtrigun said:

This was my situation as well. it's the same in college but because we always do group work I make friends way easier there than I did in high school.

Apr 7, 2010 11:21 AM

I'm the insensitive kid who makes fun of peeps to make others laugh. Though I'm not that popular, especially with girls. If you picture me standing beside an apple, the girls would give more attention to the apple.

Apr 7, 2010 12:05 PM

I'm the quiet type,but ..a lot of people know me,because I was in drama group some time. They know about my anime obsession,but nobody cares about that.
I have my own gruop of friends and I'm happy with that.

tnx to raylu for this set ^^

Apr 7, 2010 12:41 PM

ahahah I was nothing in the popular ladder. Not a band geek or a smarty person either. I hated high school =]

Apr 7, 2010 2:42 PM

in high school I was the typical high school sports jock/comedian, yep the kind that you all probably hate. But in addition i was smart enough to get into college, but other than that I was an asshole. After highschool I started watching anime, so I've became more nerdy(a whole lot nerdier you might say), yet still a jock at heart.

Apr 7, 2010 2:56 PM

The person who can be shy and outgoing at times. It's pretty contradictory, but yeah. Usually, since I'm socially retarded, I can't hold a conversation. The most I get is complain a bit about school and then make some kind of excuse to avoid further involvement with the person. I'm kind of like that with my close friends too, except they understand when I want to talk to them or not.

Apr 7, 2010 2:58 PM

Kind of a jock. I just love basketball.

Apr 7, 2010 2:59 PM

pre-school ~ loner
kindergarten ~ loner
1st grade ~ pokemon freak [loner]
2nd grade ~ pokemon freak [loner]
3rd grade ~ finally have friends >_>
4th grade ~ moved...[fml] new school life made some friends though
5th grade ~ same as 4th
6th grade ~ moved again...[FML] loaner...
7th grade ~ nerd/punk [loner]
8th grade ~ gangster poser w/ drugs, girls, and do bad stuff...[this changed my view of life]
9th grade ~ gangster poser transition to metal head
10th grade ~ metal head transition to techno shuffle azn kid
currently ~ techno shuffle azn kid w/ secret hobby of watching anime :x

eh looking back now ive been a loner for a lot of my school life
well at least im not loner anymore
a year and a half more till graduation...Ima miss highschool :[ still feeling too young for college

Apr 7, 2010 3:03 PM

Pretty normal....
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

Apr 7, 2010 3:04 PM

Uh, I don't know. I can't judge myself.
Sig deleted for being obnoxious.

Apr 7, 2010 3:11 PM

I wouldn't consider myself necessarily popular, but I have quite a few friends and I'm one of the main freshmen class clowns. P:

Apr 7, 2010 11:50 PM

Before: The stupid genius who every thought was haxx0r.
Now: Think every male lead character of any school life anime before meeting/being acquainted with the girls. (Failing some courses with midterms, has no capability of socializing with girls unless something happens).

Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »