Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2009 5:13 PM

May 2008
there is no kinda of social ladder at my collage everyone talks to everyone. But in the common room you can see a racial divide, were it is all us Asians in one corner and then the whites in the rest of the room, but if anyone went to another part of the common room and sat there and talked to the people there no one would say anything about it
Oct 3, 2009 8:34 PM

Dec 2008
Nabi123 said:
there is no kinda of social ladder at my collage everyone talks to everyone. But in the common room you can see a racial divide, were it is all us Asians in one corner and then the whites in the rest of the room, but if anyone went to another part of the common room and sat there and talked to the people there no one would say anything about it

That's good. I remember back when I lived in residence on campus, there were always a couple groups of Asians who would be conversing in a group in their own language, but when someone else walked by, they'd stop talking and stare at you until you either left the room or walked far enough away to be out of earshot. It wasn't as if I could understand them (but then again, I'm Asian, too, so maybe they thought I could?). Still, it was as annoying as hell and I know I'm not the only person who encountered that >.>
Oct 3, 2009 10:13 PM
Sep 2009
I don't know what I am; I'm in the top 10% of my class but no one sees me as a nerd or anything. I'll associate with almost anyone provided they aren't a complete dumbass. I never get into fights or anything, and I just ignore people who anger me.

So pretty much I'm "there," but I can fly under the radar when I need to.
Oct 4, 2009 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
our school is divided into two: science-curriculum class (the class where all are intelligent studies) and err~ not so intelligent students (composed of badass students where they always in the center of attraction).

i'm a lazy student, but i don't belong to the badass students. :]
well, i'm not also intelligent but i belong to the sci-curr class (i don't know why)

my classmates call me weird.
i'm also shy but i joined the school's band. ^^

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 7, 2009 3:35 PM

Dec 2008
Let's see, I went to two different high schools. One was pretty cool, and I talked to pretty much whoever. I think people had the impression of me as being a hardcore...I don't know, rebellious, and risk-taking, I guess. They also thought I was emotionless, and if I ever showed any emotion, people were like, "oh holy shit."

The other one was full of idiot hicks who didn't know that Cuba wasn't part of America. I was pretty anti-social and aggressive there. Everyone also thought I was a genius, but that's not saying much.
Oct 7, 2009 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
stormylullabies said:
Let's see, I went to two different high schools. One was pretty cool, and I talked to pretty much whoever. I think people had the impression of me as being a hardcore...I don't know, rebellious, and risk-taking, I guess. They also thought I was emotionless, and if I ever showed any emotion, people were like, "oh holy shit."

The other one was full of idiot hicks who didn't know that Cuba wasn't part of America. I was pretty anti-social and aggressive there. Everyone also thought I was a genius, but that's not saying much.

I dunno about that one chief.
Oct 7, 2009 3:46 PM

Dec 2008
Nikoli said:
stormylullabies said:

I dunno about that one chief.

That's why I said "that's not saying much."
Oct 7, 2009 5:00 PM

Jan 2009
No social status cuz I'm currently not in college at the moment and I already graduated high school ages ago.
Oct 7, 2009 5:09 PM

Oct 2009
I have a few close friends and then a bunch of regular friends. I guess I can say I am a social person, but at the same time I can call myself a band geek (since I'm in every kind of band, and all local Jazz bands >.>). But I am also within the top 10% of the kids in my district (not just my high school), so I don't know what to call myself particularly.

At my high school, there used to be a social ladder (of sorts) but there isn't anymore. You just go to school, and have friends who do different things in different departments of the school, and nobody else really seems to care anymore lol.
People are only lonely because in their hearts, they build walls instead of bridges.

Oct 8, 2009 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
I live sort of a double life - it's decreasing, but it's still there.

When I was little, I was entirely normal! Had lots of friends, played with them everyday etc.
Then, about year 12 (maybe a bit later) I started getting depressions. Began being self-destructive - wouldn't admit it, and never got treatment.
Later on, in year 16, my facade cracked. I had been anorectic for a little over half a year, and depressed for about 3-4.

I finally admitted I might have a problem, and started treatment immediately - psychological help and medication (anti-depressants).
I was very much alone from age 15-17. I didn't have any real friends, never spent time with anyone. I was afraid of being with others - spend all my time surfing the internet and being with my horses.

Now, I still receive psychological help and am on medication, but I socialize, have fun with others and like being around others.
- Even though I'm an otaku who doesn't really know many people with the same interests :D
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Oct 8, 2009 12:37 AM

Jul 2009
i dont have one anymore but in my school i was considered normal and that was one of the small groups (72 kids in my graduating class and half were complete nerds, like stereotypical nerds)

Oct 8, 2009 2:50 PM

Sep 2009
I go to an all girls school so it's kinda different from regular schools.
In the lower years i never really noticed social status', but now I'm in sixth form and we spend all of our breaks in the common room, and we have have a seperate canteen from everyone else, I've noticed it more.
I'm part of the group that would probably be considered "weird" by other people. Because none of us are particularly mainstream, and we all have unique interests. Though I personally think I am completely normal. At least, I act completely normal around other people. =P
i think there are about 11-12 of us in our group, though I would only consider myself to be properly friends with four of them. The rest probably just put up with me because i'm friends with their friends.
So while we're not that high on the social ladder (which in all honesty, doesn't matter anyway), we're not as low as the geeks/new kids
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Oct 8, 2009 9:33 PM

Aug 2009
I was an undeniable loser. ^_^
Oct 9, 2009 1:06 AM

Oct 2007
I guess I was considered the quiet smart type because my grades were mostly good and i sometimes seemingly randomly totally aced tests.

There were no real distinct social status groups in my school. Maybe it's just because my class was so average, noone really standed out. Instead of one two different social groups in a class fighting you could get one class fighting another class, srly like 15vs15 guys. Or more common - one school against another (there are two schools in the city I live, one mostly latvian, other mostly russian). When it go to that scale though, police intervened.

If two persons did get into a fight with another, typically they fought it out with fists after school,
regardless of who wins, after the fight the issue is considered done.
If one of the parties after fight keeps trying to initiate another fight without a proper reason, it may result in class fights, because the classmates in that case will start to intervene (teachers didn't turn blind eye either), if the classmates of the other class intervene aswell, it's a big fight after school (if the principal didn't catch what's brewing and disperse it).
This kind of system prevented systematic bullying on the school grounds.
Someone picks on you? Fight it out! Even if you lose, if the bully keeps it up, others will start to intervene. Us - the class, mentality.

Also bullies tried to avoid bullying the smart kids / nerds. It's a cultural thing, due to parents instilling respect to knowledge in their kids. But then again, that's why there are guys with PhD's in russian maffia.
Oct 9, 2009 11:24 AM

Jun 2009
imthejanitor said:
i dont have one anymore but in my school i was considered normal and that was one of the small groups (72 kids in my graduating class and half were complete nerds, like stereotypical nerds)

holy shit. 72 total? we had like seven hundred kids in our grad class. That's crazy small.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 9, 2009 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't have any status, I was just a guy in a crowd.
Oct 9, 2009 2:23 PM

Mar 2009
I wish I knew what my status is... I have a clique and a wide circle of acquaintances but I dunno how I am viewed from someone else's perspective.
Oct 9, 2009 2:33 PM
Jul 2007
I didn't pay attention to things like that when I was in school; just lots of friends and people to talk to.

In college though, it was "the art kids" lol - the ones always covered in charcoal/paint/clay, and wear hats/bandannas/hairties/etc. That college was an arts college, but it was separated into the music/dance/theatre/film kids cliques °3°
Oct 9, 2009 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Well, first I always had one best friend, which I prefered. Never liked to talk a lot to different people :9 but after a while everyone in class were friends with each other and we were one happy community ^.^ but then came middle school. Most people split up in different classes/schools, and we almost don't stay in touch with each other. Heh, you would think we weren't that close first. Now I don't really have a particular group of close friends XD Hell, I'm friends with everyone. I don't talk a lot, so people don't know me well enough to think I'm not nice. Easy peasy, but I'm sure that I won't have any close friends for the next couple of years.
Oct 9, 2009 2:50 PM

Dec 2008
ever since high school i made lots of friends.. gosh it was so good at mid school... cause i was in classes with my friends... but high school i see em in the hallways and some are in my classes... gosh i needa start yelling at this darn girl whos annoying me O_O *grabs shotgun*
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Oct 9, 2009 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
Middle school: Normal. Fun. I could talk to everyone and everyone could talk to me.

High school: I was stamped as a geek because I had good grades and never went to parties. I could hang out with the friendly girls in class but the rest weren't really interested in me.

Secondary high school: (Now) No one special. I have friends, but only one close friend. I don't stand out much. I don't know a lot of people, and not a lot of people know me. No longer considered a geek, though I switched school. I don't go to parties but I like going out to bars and whatnot. Still some people in my class don't believe I'm into that kind of thing.
Oct 9, 2009 4:18 PM

Aug 2009
school bully.

fucked with everyone. made them cry. started fights. spoiled weaboos. spat at people. raped their life's meaning.

everyone LOVEDDD me
Oct 9, 2009 4:49 PM

Aug 2009
All through my school life, I've been known as "that" guy. The guy who always seem to be able to ruin the mood or lighten the mood...apparently. I also seemed to be known as the guy who's willing to do anything.

Crazy but smart also seems to be a name for me. O.o

Oct 9, 2009 5:38 PM

Feb 2009
wierd kid and loner
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
Oct 9, 2009 5:53 PM

Jan 2009
I'm in ninth grade right now, that means I turn 14 this month.
And, well... I'm deffinatly not popular, but I don't get bullied either. But I still think I'm below average. I don't care tho.

My friends says I'm almost too carefree and outgoing, and I agree that I easily can make friends with people I've never met before. I'm the person that randomly taps your shoulder and starts a conversation about anything. Maybe fish...Or washmachines....You get the point.

Our school is small. It has three different grades. ( 8th, 9th, 10th) and only has around 70-80 pupils. Everybody knows everybody. (well, their name, it's not like we are all lovey-dovey friends forevvvveerrrrr)

Girls stays away from me, because I'm a tomboy, and in the age of 14 a girl that hates make-up, shopping, has no sense of style and is the schools prankster and troublemaker, is looked at as a maniac from the female side.

So, I only have boys as friends, but half of the boys in school hates girls that's not ...uh....girly? I'm pretty ugly too, maybe that's the case.

Yupp, I'm the person who puts water in a bucket over the door when the teacher comes in (Okay, not anymore. Don't try it, it seriously won't work out) and makes trouble, gets sent to the principle and fails epicly in math. And Spanish. And science. Uh, you get it, right?

But I'm not a loner => I think I'll place my social school status as....(A little below) average/ The failing wannabe prankster.
Oct 9, 2009 7:32 PM

Feb 2009
I was a shock and let down in high school.

You see my brother was part of the elite of the elite, you know, the popular among even the popular crowd.

Hell he had 3 girl friends and they didn't even mind it. He was the sports hero type, played football, heck he played every last sport in the school. Had the jacket with every last friggin badge the school had to offer.

I could have lost my virginity the first week of highschool with a girl that would have been happy to do it just to get near my brother through being with me.

But nope, I was not into sports, not into being popular. Total opposite of him actually.
I'm all trade skills no sports apptitude. My brother doesn't even own tools let alone know how to use them.
I was happy to be with the army gang, and I was not even remotely interested in being popular.

I followed no trends, wore what I damn well wanted to wear and my locker made it clear to not mess with me (had a map depicting the best way to destroy the town with a small army).
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Oct 9, 2009 8:05 PM

Jan 2009
Well I have a lot of friends and like 10 good ones that I chill with at lunch and after school then on saturdays we usualy party.
Oct 9, 2009 8:08 PM

Jun 2009
I have around 1-2 friends per period, but I'm mostly a loner. I don't talk much, I mostly read. Mainly due to my insecurities of becoming the nerd who doesn't talk to anyone and reads books to escape the fact that he doesn't have any friends, which is fucked up in so many ways.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Oct 10, 2009 12:24 AM

May 2009
Emo kiddd

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Oct 10, 2009 12:37 AM

May 2007
None.

I was a social reject that grouped with other 2 social rejects, and usualy we were hanging out anywere doing anything we wished.
Nobody picked up fights with us cause one of my "comrades" was fithly rich, and the other one was strong as hell.

Not to mention nobody actually acknowledged our existance, so they really weren't any trouble to us.
Oct 10, 2009 1:36 AM

Jun 2009
Ryushi said:
None.

I was a social reject that grouped with other 2 social rejects, and usualy we were hanging out anywere doing anything we wished.
Nobody picked up fights with us cause one of my "comrades" was fithly rich, and the other one was strong as hell.

Not to mention nobody actually acknowledged our existance, so they really weren't any trouble to us.

it seems like a lot of people formed groups of three. myself included, having two friends my whole life, and I can't help but wonder; why three? if there's some kind of psychological explanation that anyone happens to know and cares to explain, I'd love to see it.
and strong friends are really a great thing. being slightly twiggy up until college when I started lifting, I wouldn't have been able to run my mouth and IRL troll to even half as much avail as I was able to because my two friends were literally the strongest kids in the school. As long as I chilled with them, I was golden.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 10, 2009 3:44 AM

Aug 2009
Real people?
awww...
who need's em
Oct 10, 2009 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
Gladly, there aren't really cliques in my high school. There's just groups of people you hang with, but no nerd hunting. Popular people are nice here. You can talk to anyone here without being ridiculed.

Anyways, I'm usually known as "the quiet girl." I'm known, but yeah, not popular. I do have my own group of friends though (who know my true personality), and I have some acquaintances that are popular or gangsta (LOL).
Oct 10, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2007
mightykid218 said:
Ryushi said:
None.

it seems like a lot of people formed groups of three. myself included, having two friends my whole life, and I can't help but wonder; why three? if there's some kind of psychological explanation that anyone happens to know and cares to explain, I'd love to see it.
and strong friends are really a great thing. being slightly twiggy up until college when I started lifting, I wouldn't have been able to run my mouth and IRL troll to even half as much avail as I was able to because my two friends were literally the strongest kids in the school. As long as I chilled with them, I was golden.
I belive it has something to do with with the stability created by a minimum of 3 "pillars".

This is a tad philosophical, but humuns tend to seek stability over anything, and usualy anything gets stable when depending over 2 more things.
Therefore my theory of the 3 "pillars"
Oct 10, 2009 4:14 PM

Apr 2008
I fitted in with almost any group. I was mostly the guy they went to when they needed help with basic math problems in high school.
Oct 10, 2009 7:57 PM

Oct 2009
BadLuckTuckxL the retard said:
The loner that has loner friends?

um loner friends? how are you a loner if you have friends. some people just dont like to be social enought to talk to others about stuff they dont even like
Oct 11, 2009 1:51 AM

Oct 2008
Mmm.. I asked my friends this question about me, and they said "The girl next door" type. o.o

I dunno what kind of status that is, but there you go.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 11, 2009 2:10 AM

Sep 2008
I wore huge glasses, braces, neatly combed hair, pocket protectors (w/ calculator, mechanical AND #2 pencils, pens, GPS device, and nasal medicine), pants that go all the way up above my stomach, over-all's to keep them that high, high socks, dirty shoes, and I walked with each leg as far apart as possible. I also had the greatest snarl and I was practically the COOLEST GUY IN THE WORLD.

What isn't red? What isn't blue?
Oct 11, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't really have a status. :|
I was just the lazy girl who slept through lessons.
Oct 11, 2009 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
Smachadams said:
Im the extroverted `center of attention` type...Ive been that since I was a kid..cant really help it o.- I really have every type of friend you can imagine...jocks, players, geeks, nerds literally just about anything you can think of lol Tho I hate social labels, it limits people, as Im sure you guys know..

Yeah... i'm just like this, too : )
Oct 11, 2009 3:24 PM

Mar 2009
My school is extremely small there's only 40 high school kids & 150kids in the whole school so >o> yeahh.
I talk to pretty much all the kids in my class.
I have a few friends there. Few friends outside school.
I'm not a soical reject. But I'm not Miss.Popular
Somewhere in the middle.
I'm okay with it I guess I'd be more soical if more local people had the same interest as me, but ohwell... 3yrs to go.
Oct 11, 2009 3:38 PM

Jul 2009
From Kindergarten - grade 6 - barely any friends and was so quiet no one ever heard me
Grade 7 - grade 9 - gigantic change, now have plenty of friends I still don't talk to much people out side of this group... I'm probably just a very shy person xD
Oct 11, 2009 4:32 PM

Oct 2008
My parents made the stupid decision of having me move in the middle of high school. I used to have friends, but now I'm completely antisocial.
Oct 11, 2009 5:23 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty much, I just go with the flow talk to whoever interets me that day, and move on. Im not completely anti-social, but by no means am I popular either.

Thank You CharisMagic for my amazing Sig :3
Oct 11, 2009 11:14 PM

Nov 2008
During 3rd it was bad. I changed school after that and 4rd through 6th grade was fantastic. I enjoyed some degree of popularity dunno why. I was kind of an eccentric nerdy rascal. During high school it was normal. Not popular, but not unknown. I mean, each high school class had like 6 ~ 7 boys, so we had to get along well with each other. Everyone was friendly with each other. In addition, each class had like 20 girls, so it was heaven on Earth. I had a good time during high school.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Oct 11, 2009 11:56 PM

May 2008
I naturally stand out.
I have been the class leader, I have been the ambitious smart kid,
I have been bullied,
I have been quiet, I have been loud,
I have hung around with the wrong crowd,
I have hung around with the right crowd,
I have gotten drunk at parties, I have refused to go to parties,
I have tried to hide, I have tried to stand out,
I've had no friends, I've had few friends, I've had many friends,
I have changed schools several times, I have even changed my country,
I've fitted in and not fitted in,
I have been called funny, weird, smart, bashful, outgoing, athletic, lazy, sleepy, gloomy, cheerful, easygoing, sensitive, heartless, creative, boring,
I've been a role model for peers, I have been laughed at by peers,
I have accomplished great feats and had many failures...
I have never been the same, yet I have never been different.

I am who I am. My status is freedom.

PS: In case somebody's wondering what's up with me, it's currently 2:57 AM, I can't sleep, I'm bored, I decided to post in a thread I usually don't even click on, I started writing something involving repetitions and some creative urge suddenly got a hold of me.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Oct 12, 2009 12:02 AM

Jun 2008
The funny but quiet guy who likes to laugh at perverted things and can't get a date.
I'm back.
Oct 12, 2009 2:31 AM

May 2008
Kags_the_great said:
The funny but quiet guy who likes to laugh at perverted things and can't get a date.

oh em gee. You're like the male version of me.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Oct 12, 2009 3:27 AM

Oct 2009
at my school, people people know me as the asian kid who watches anime all day. tru coz i talk about it at school. People think im weird o.o
Oct 12, 2009 3:30 AM

Sep 2009
A class clown...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.