Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Oct 1, 2009 7:58 PM

Social kinda stuff interests me for some reason..

So how do or did people see you at high school (or primary school if you insist), what rank were you at on the "popularity ladder".

Well I am currently in the 11th grade in high school..and let me tell you one thing, at the amount I got bullied in early high school (8th grade and 9th grade) you would of thought I would have left the school, but no..I secretly lol at those people ^_^

Well in year 8 I was kind of a HUGE social reject, I did not talk to ANYONE, I just sat in the corner of the class and looked at the floor all the time, sometimes I'd try to be funny but only a few people would acknowledge that. I went through an "punk" phase in year 8..I got a "trendy" hair-do and suddenly people talked to me..but I still didn't have friends :D

In year 9 I met a boy, who kind of changed me :D He was my only friend at school and we dated for a brief period of time >__< lol. But yeah I went through a "Grand Theft Auto Thug Gangster G" Phase where I played GTA:SA and listened to ''gangsta-shit". Lol I developed a few more friends by the end of the year..then we formed a group.

In year 10, my mum insisted I take anxiety medication, because my anxiety got so bad that I would "throw up" when I got nervous..lol. But yeah when I started taking them I became a changed person and instead of worrying I focused on school work and became "THE EDUCATION NERD" , I was obsessed with DBZ and Runescape (lololol) and doing my school work.

Now in year 11 I'm an Otaku freak who nobody except for my big group of friends talk to..like literally I don't talk to anyone except for the people I sit with at lunch..and I don't really give a shit about my school work. Instead of doing my Modern History test, my friend and I talked about animez for like 1 hour and 15 minutes..

There ya go

Sorry that it's freakin' long..

Oct 1, 2009 7:59 PM

The loner that has loner friends?

Oct 1, 2009 8:00 PM
Normal. As far as I know, our school is divided into the slutty and popular, the brainless jocks, the social rejects, the super nerds and the band geeks. I really just talk to anyone who doesn't look at me like a piece of shit.

Oct 1, 2009 8:00 PM

BadLuckTuckxL said:
The loner that has outgoing friends?

Oct 1, 2009 8:02 PM

my social status...

Im a very funny person... hang with me and youll laugh.. maybe... if not too bad. I can get along with basically anyone. If its an enemy then maybe not... but .. yea..

7th grade had many friends... they all thought i was funny
8th grade had many many friends... they thought i was a great and funny person
9th grade.... have waaay too many friends since its high school, and lots of people know me... this guy came up to me and said my name... i had no clue who he was O_O... XD.. i prefer to have a normal status... than a popular status..
Modified by cyan_04, Oct 1, 2009 8:11 PM
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™

Oct 1, 2009 8:05 PM
Im the extroverted `center of attention` type...Ive been that since I was a kid..cant really help it o.- I really have every type of friend you can imagine...jocks, players, geeks, nerds literally just about anything you can think of lol Tho I hate social labels, it limits people, as Im sure you guys know..

Oct 1, 2009 8:09 PM
I'm mute in every class except Spanish.

Oct 1, 2009 8:10 PM

The bandos were the cool people :D

Personally, I was a bit anti-social (well, quiet at least), but I hung around lots of groups. I didn't try to separate myself from people; I was just...there. This was from 7-12.

I was quite active socially from K-6 though...weird...

Oct 1, 2009 8:11 PM

Was never really popular, but more the person who could talk to everyone. Then turned outcast. Fuck yeah.

Now I'm in college, so there's not much of a social ladder per se. Too many people here there and everywhere.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?

Oct 1, 2009 8:14 PM
Otohane said:
I'm mute in every class except Spanish.

sabes leer algo? =)

Oct 1, 2009 8:15 PM

I don't really see the social ladder thing at my school. I find the whole theory to be pretty stupid. The only chain of importance or authority is that of upper and underclassmen. Honestly why would students place other students on a higher plaque then them? We are too young and arrogant to ever admit a social class to be better or higher up.

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Oct 1, 2009 8:15 PM

Rebekah said:
I'm mute in every class except Modern History

Oct 1, 2009 8:17 PM

Had a fixed group of close friends of about five people. Almost all of us were in the same classes so it was pretty enjoyable. Other than them, I was in speaking terms with most of my class mates except a group there (talking about my LLB years).
Before that in school, another close knit of friends and speaking terms with others. I get along with people well...
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
- Lao-Tze.

Oct 1, 2009 8:18 PM
I had too much going on in my life at the time so I wasn't very outspoken whatsoever. Even though no one talked to me everyone seemed to know my name. Me and my friends would play cards a lot so I did have slight bullying issues but...I took care of that : D

Though through the years my social circle has steadily been growing and I've met only the ones I know I can depend on. So I consider myself lucky there. For me I have friends, and then I have acquaintances.

Here at college, I'm not on the radar. ._. But I'm fine with that, it lessens the drama I hear people talk about in the hall (Some ranchy stuff. >_< ).

All students in my high school were first divided into either a) the preps or b) the dirties.

I was categorized as a prep because I avoided illicit substances (alcohol was not considered an illicit substance in my school, by the by) and because I elected not to dress like a spooky kid.

From there, the preps were divided into a) the jocks, b) the smart kids, or c) the tag-along wannabes.

I was categorized as one of the smart kids because I excelled in my classes and because I hated sports.

From there, the smart kids were either a) popular or b) teachers' pets.

I was one of the teachers' pets.

There was one other who was categorized as I was (our graduating class = 40, so that was expected), but she and I didn't share any interests, so we never talked. In the end, I never really had any friends. So, in that respect, I was also a loner.

Oct 1, 2009 8:30 PM

bordered on the tl:dr, but yeah, that's messed up, but I can't say anything, I didn't have many friends in school either. Now I'm going to a local technical college and I don't have many friends there either. I also got bullied a bit in grade school, not much, but enough to get me a little depressed. Thankfully now I don't have to deal with that. I only go to school for about two hours and the people in my class are kinda nerdy too (computer information systems). No problem, just means you're different from the norm.

Oct 1, 2009 8:33 PM
Hmm..I fitted with every group... Smoke/do bad shit with cutthroats, party with "popular" people, get good grades (AP classes), and chill at home alone. I would usually sit with all people from my class and talk with literally everyone, doesn't matter if they were a loser or whatever. Now in college, just hanging with a small group and doing my own thing. I would classify myself as a "popular" dude, but that's just to answer OP's question, doesn't make a difference in my lifestyle now.

Oct 1, 2009 8:45 PM

the super shy girl that is a weeaboo. :]

Oct 1, 2009 8:48 PM

Got along with everyone toward the end of high school. It was similar early high school, though there were still some dick wads that tried to bully me for whatever reason. It didn't bother me though, since they were fuck ups and eventually got expelled.
Later on (years 9-12) I had a big group of friends that I'd chill with at lunch, and we pretty much got on with the entire year. There was very little bullying of anyone in our year at that time.
I went to a private school though, so bullying = near-automatic expulsion.

Oct 1, 2009 8:58 PM

it's a mix between a anyone, and a bookworm.

Oct 1, 2009 9:23 PM

Eh, used to be a Band geek around the 7-8 grade, but then now in 9-10 (currently), just hang with different groups, like the nerds for teh lulz, the scene kids, and some band geeks.

Oct 1, 2009 9:33 PM

Im a flirt. I have 2-5 close friends and a billion acquaintances. When i meet knew people i am very shy, but super outgoing once i get to know them. People say im funny and "beautiful", or "pretty". Which boosts my ego and makes me flirt more. But everyonce and a while i get people who are afraid of me because when im pissed i have a scary death glare or i say "...or ill slit your throat with my fingernails." Its a habit nowadays, but i wouldnt do that because im a animal loving girl who crys easily.

Edit: Im a sophmore in high school.

Oct 1, 2009 9:34 PM

It was around 5-6 grade that I was talkative and made the friends that I have today, but from 7-12 I was the quite kid that never said a word.

Oct 1, 2009 9:37 PM
well i guess im quite laidback yet serious with the learning part but once i get out all there is to do is flirting and hanging out.

Oct 1, 2009 9:49 PM
I was never really popular, and I found out that until half way through Year 11, that most people thought I was gay :S

Oct 1, 2009 9:52 PM

dickhead. thats what everyone knows me as.
Needs more Drill Hair.

Oct 1, 2009 9:57 PM

I was always part of a group of "rejects" because of rumours that were spread about me within a month of starting high school.
Though, in the last 2 years people started giving me a chance and I started making normal friends, but a lot of these were friends with me because they enjoyed seeing me get into trouble. (I hated school and liked to piss people off, mostly teachers)

After I left high school, I stopped talking to most of them, I'm only in contact with 3 high school friends now.

Oct 1, 2009 10:31 PM
This thread is giving me a very intense "Highschool Never Ends" feeling.

Crap, the song won't stop going round my head!

Oct 2, 2009 12:04 AM

iam not too popular but i talk to everyone of ny kind even nerds

Oct 2, 2009 12:17 AM

So far, I can consider myself as a student who's at the top of the social ladder. I am friends with almost everyone and everyone has pretty much heard of me, although there are those bitches who still try to ruin my awesome school life, but really, I pretty much don't care.

Oct 2, 2009 12:20 AM

I was bullied.

Was not allowed to speak, being near any other human without being verbally beaten, participate in classes without being told by classmates I was stupid and there was a teacher that dedicated his classes to discover why I was abnormal and nobody wanted to be friends with me.

So YOU, little kid that is reading this and thinking "I'm so unpopular because I am an anime fan without any other interests and riddled with acne", be happy. Some people actually had worst lives than you.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Oct 2, 2009 1:48 AM

Kurtz said:
I was always part of a group of "rejects" because of rumours that were spread about me within a month of starting high school.
Though, in the last 2 years people started giving me a chance and I started making normal friends, but a lot of these were friends with me because they enjoyed seeing me get into trouble. (I hated school and liked to piss people off, mostly teachers)

After I left high school, I stopped talking to most of them, I'm only in contact with 3 high school friends now.

hey whats up. this sounds familiar. what rumors, if I might ask?
As soon as I decided to start wearing nice clothes in 9th grade, I was almost immediately labeled gay. Going through what I did in middle school, I knew right where that was headed. And it did. From tenth grade onto late junior year I was annoyed constantly and had no real friends to speak of. However at the end of junior year I got sick of being me, and I just kind of stopped showing up most of the last semester. I started to show up high/drunk as hell, or not at all. I even went on shrooms/dxm a few times. I verbally degraded a number of my teachers, and treated anyone who I disapproved of like complete shit. And that is when most of the school decided I was SUPER FUCKING AWESOME. So I went from being largely rejected to a socialite for all of 4th term junior/senior year because I became a much, much worse and far more bitter person. This continues to upset me. People hated me when I didn't do anything. But when I became a self centered, drug abusing tremendous asshole, they all freaking loved me. That's fucked up. It baffled me that contrary to what my mother taught me, good deeds and mannerisms are not rewarded half as well as negative ones.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Oct 2, 2009 1:52 AM

The guy that didn't give a fuck about social status and thus eventually ended up getting along with everyone.

Oct 2, 2009 1:54 AM

Can't think of any enemies I had ever. People treated me fairly well.

I hated them all; I was just a pathological liar and aimed to avoid making any real relationships or bothersome enemies.

Oct 2, 2009 1:54 AM

Well, in my school most people younger than me know of me, everyone my age knows me, and the ones older than me are only a few that know me. So I guess I'm just a normal guy that can stand out sometimes. Thing is, I hardly know any of them myself. I still get amazed when someone says my name, and I dont know theirs.

Oct 2, 2009 1:55 AM

I was the asian that let people copy homework for money.

Oct 2, 2009 1:57 AM

That quiet girl.

Oct 2, 2009 2:08 AM

Kindergarten- happy, carefree child

First through Eight- heavy bullying. Mostly verbal. I became very withdrawn and shy because of it and had a extreme inferiority complex because of it.

Freshman year- still bullied a little, but by then i just ignored it.

Sophomore to Senior- made my first REAL friends and became a little less introverted. Still very shy. I was pretty much considered forgotten by everyone at school except for those in my homeroom. I got along well with those who talked to me.

College- made more friends. No social ladder, especially since the majority of us commuted to college and there were tons of older people there. Made some good friends there too.

Oct 2, 2009 2:18 AM

mightykid218 said:

hey whats up. this sounds familiar. what rumors, if I might ask?
As soon as I decided to start wearing nice clothes in 9th grade, I was almost immediately labeled gay. Going through what I did in middle school, I knew right where that was headed. And it did. From tenth grade onto late junior year I was annoyed constantly and had no real friends to speak of. However at the end of junior year I got sick of being me, and I just kind of stopped showing up most of the last semester. I started to show up high/drunk as hell, or not at all. I even went on shrooms/dxm a few times. I verbally degraded a number of my teachers, and treated anyone who I disapproved of like complete shit. And that is when most of the school decided I was SUPER FUCKING AWESOME. So I went from being largely rejected to a socialite for all of 4th term junior/senior year because I became a much, much worse and far more bitter person. This continues to upset me. People hated me when I didn't do anything. But when I became a self centered, drug abusing tremendous asshole, they all freaking loved me. That's fucked up. It baffled me that contrary to what my mother taught me, good deeds and mannerisms are not rewarded half as well as negative ones.

Haha, I had the gay rumour too.
But, there was also one that I had sex with a girl from the school.
This girl was labelled as a complete disgusting whore (she lost her virginity, willingly, at 12) so I copped a lot of shit from that for years too.
This coupled with plenty of other smaller insignificant ones, mostly just petty-ness, people saying "ooh guess what he said behind your back" to other kids and shit like that, I got into a fair few fights because of that too. =/

I rarely showed up to school either :P
In the first few years I'd get suspended when I needed a break, after that I just took a day off whenever I felt like it.
Ended up having so much time off that the school told me I either had to leave or repeat the year.
I left.

Oct 2, 2009 2:22 AM

A loner.

Oct 2, 2009 5:44 AM

I'm the guy who never speaks and everyone is convinced is a future cerial killer.

Oct 2, 2009 5:47 AM
Liechée, Bittaly

Year 7 - Full time Loser to Idiots
Year 8 - A Joke, Normal
Year 9 - Psychotic Scum, Normal
Year 10 - Normal, going to a life of a rebel with friends.

Kept this short. Unless you read over 2000 words about my school social life.

Oct 2, 2009 7:05 AM

I am in college now and I am the top of the class.
I am a president of a college club as well.
I am quite a quiet person unless I am with the group of friend who I always mix with.
I can't think of others except for studies when I am in class and I am always the person who asks all the questions.

Oct 2, 2009 7:20 AM

The smart kid who's lazy as hell. And cheap as hell.

Truths: Not that smart, and... not THAT lazy.

Oct 2, 2009 7:24 AM

The homo.

Oct 2, 2009 7:27 AM

That drunk chick

Oct 2, 2009 7:56 AM

during the whole of my school life i was the girl who is obsessed with books & anime which is pretty true

Oct 2, 2009 8:25 AM

In my high school, you were either white, black, or a "tree kid" (so called because we were the social outcasts that hung out by the same tree every day). All the white kids hung out together and no one else, all the black kids hung out together and no one else, and the tree kids were like "whatever" (and of mixed ethnicity).

I was a tree kid. In this group you had a variety of outcasts--nerds, deviants, drug users (stoners), skaters, hippies, weirdos, and the "artsy" kids. There weren't enough of any one sub-group to segregate us, so we all hung out together.

Band nerds were also kind of in their own category. They didn't exclusively hang out with anybody, but mostly stuck to themselves.

Oct 2, 2009 10:21 AM

Never really thought about it, but I guess I would fit into the 'person with a small group of friends'.

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »