Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2014 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Too tired to even complain about how bad the anime's getting, at least Toei made a good try to squeeze in such little stuff that happened from the manga.

I can see why Chinajao is based on Fukurokuju in Japanese folklore, dat forehead. My gosh.

I'm guessing his phrase "Open Chinjao" is based on "Open Sesame" from Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. Damn that's a lot of treasure, how much did the Roger have then? (If it really was that sorta treasure)

Glad to see Garp again, been missing him since the timeskip.

And that ending was awesome!! How dare he said that about Ace >:(

I apologize for the lack of poll in the previous discussion, I forgot to add one ;__;
RothJun 14, 2014 8:37 PM
Jun 14, 2014 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
That ending lol, I was surprised when his head got fixed.
Jun 14, 2014 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
The pacing actually seemed good for once.

As I suspected, it turns out that Garp has Conqueror's Haki. It sounds like there are quite a few with Conqueror's Haki in the New World.

Overall the fight was pretty cool. Lol@ Chinjao getting his drill back.

This was one of the better episodes I've seen recently.
Jun 14, 2014 8:08 PM

Apr 2014
I personally thought this was the best episode of One Piece in a while. I wanted a whole episode of Luffy and Chinjao fighting. Maybe not the best pacing but it was still pretty good in my opinion.
Jun 14, 2014 8:10 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
And all of a sudden, Chinjao's drill head grew back!

I enjoyed the conclusion of Lucy's & Chinjao's battle in this episode. It was insane and during the beginning, my favorite One Piece OST was played in the background during their epic clash. What a match!

The fight was great but I feel like the pacing was killed by the slowness of Chinjao's flashback. :/

And that concludes Block C, with Lucy being the last man standing. Congratulations! :D
Jun 14, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2014
When I was watching this episode the first thing that came to my mind was:
Jun 14, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
DoctorWasabi said:

Lol thanks, was looking for this pic.
Jun 14, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 2013
Mugiwara_Cyn said:

Too tired to even complain about how bad the anime's getting

Thank god, I'm not the only one who thinks that. I mean, all in all, this was one of the best episodes of this year, but even so, it wasn't that good. The fight could have ended better. Not to mention, I've noticed that Toei has started using soundtracks almost everywhere except during fighting/action scenes, something I (obviously) don't appreciate.
Jun 14, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
DoctorWasabi said:

Sums up the entire episode.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 14, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
Lmao that patrick meme. And that's the first time I've seen Garp fight. He defeated him in just one punch.

There are a couple faces I haven't seen in a while.
Jun 14, 2014 10:11 PM

May 2012
Already had a feeling that ending was coming, but I still lost it when his head turned into a "drill"

Jun 14, 2014 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode. Loved the fight. :) and now Chinjao got his drill back! 5/5
Jun 14, 2014 11:17 PM

May 2013
Lol the ending. His head turned back to how it was.
Jun 14, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2008
All Chinjao wants is to pierce the heavens.

I liked what they added to the fight, good stuff.
Jun 15, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
Was hilarious when Garp's head turned back into a drill.
Jun 15, 2014 2:20 AM

Dec 2011
Best episode so far in this arc....the fights was great similar to a DBZ fight.Burgess finally notice Lucy is Luffy lol
Jun 15, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
One of the few decent fights after the time skip. Even though some people may not like the cliche-ness of it, I think that a tournament arc is what One Piece needed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
so how will Chinjao thank Luffy? and I'm surprised none of the audiences realize who he really is.
Jun 15, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2010
Great fight, Chinhao's drill head made my day
Jun 15, 2014 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
Weird pacing but anyways, a whole episode dedicated to the fight :)

Jun 15, 2014 7:10 AM

Mar 2013
Meh episode, kinda weird how burgess didnt realize it was luffy fighting until the end of the episode, doesnt he already know that luffy uses the gomu gomu no mi?
Jun 15, 2014 7:12 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. This is so funny lol.

I really like the line with Garp, I trained myself by destroying eight mountains like they were my punching bags! Hahaha. Such an epic line.

And it was Luffy who brought the drill back in the end. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2014 7:19 AM
Jul 2013
Chinjao, your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!

When I heard some reviews about this episode on forum, before watching it, I saw some pretty bad comments, like: "Animation is the worst", "It had potential, but this was trash" aaaaaaaand hey, after watching it, this wasn't that bad. More like it, this was good, not on the level of "good" that One Piece can produce but hey, it was cool.

The main problem in the latest OP episodes, for me, probably is animation. Not in every aspect, but fights really changed and they are, just bad. Repeating some fighting scenes over and over again, trying to shake camera to put some "new" feel to it, I myself sometimes even can't understand what is going on in the fight. Ok, on the begging of this episode, it was done on purpose so you can't understand what Lucy and Chinjao are doing, but after it, the fight was lame. You can clearly see that TOEI is not spending enough, or even not giving enough money on the fighting scenes. Character's face expressions are boring, they zoom in their face and keep it, without moving for like 5-10 seconds. They really need to work on that, if animation quality goes up, the whole setting will move forward with it. Better animated fights means more excitement.

Chinjao's past was well done, especially part with Garp
Ending of episode is amazing too, loved Chinjao's speech about Worst Generation and Blackbeard. He just went to far with saying Ace deserved to die.
Good flashback, conclusion of the fight, some funny parts in it, overall, this was interesting. Even thought I expected something different, better, I'm pleased with this :D
Jun 15, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
Surprisingly good episode.One of the few that didn't feel stretched out. Good fight, good animaton and good progression. 4/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 15, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2014
I am just glad this fight did NOT streach to like 3 more episodes, the drill poping out thing was like the time sanji reconfiguered that guy's face :P... LOLS... meaning: they're gonna be friends now, and will probably play a role in the upcoming fight with Doflamingo ... but i'm very interested in how Law will get out of this one :3 ... HE has not desapointed me yet in portraying the 'smart' pirate (puting his OP ability aside :3) ... hope the mangaka does not screw this up, hype about this fight has been building up from ONE arc ago and failing to diliver at this point will enrage allot of people, myself included
Jun 15, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
One of the funnier parts of the arc, first time I'm impressed by something creative in the show since TB, I hate to be that fag though but it was better in the manga.
More hilarious, without the prolonged "eeeeeeeh"
Jun 15, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
SergejLov said:
Chinjao, your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!

When I heard some reviews about this episode on forum, before watching it, I saw some pretty bad comments, like: "Animation is the worst", "It had potential, but this was trash" aaaaaaaand hey, after watching it, this wasn't that bad. More like it, this was good, not on the level of "good" that One Piece can produce but hey, it was cool.

The main problem in the latest OP episodes, for me, probably is animation. Not in every aspect, but fights really changed and they are, just bad. Repeating some fighting scenes over and over again, trying to shake camera to put some "new" feel to it, I myself sometimes even can't understand what is going on in the fight. Ok, on the begging of this episode, it was done on purpose so you can't understand what Lucy and Chinjao are doing, but after it, the fight was lame. You can clearly see that TOEI is not spending enough, or even not giving enough money on the fighting scenes. Character's face expressions are boring, they zoom in their face and keep it, without moving for like 5-10 seconds. They really need to work on that, if animation quality goes up, the whole setting will move forward with it. Better animated fights means more excitement.

Chinjao's past was well done, especially part with Garp
Ending of episode is amazing too, loved Chinjao's speech about Worst Generation and Blackbeard. He just went to far with saying Ace deserved to die.
Good flashback, conclusion of the fight, some funny parts in it, overall, this was interesting. Even thought I expected something different, better, I'm pleased with this :D

But....Ace did deserve to die.
Barring the death threats I may receive for saying that, looking at the upcoming episode titles I couldn't help but notice that Block D's fight doesn't start for 2 more episodes. I may just let the episodes accumulate until then (I always say this but never do it).
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 15, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
i was waiting for an epic battle but i got this
the "punch that fixed chinjao head" was totally expected during the ep even before the end i was like "probably luffy will hit him with a powerful punch and fix his head and then everybody is happy"

i hope we get a better ep and a more epic battle at the end of the Coliseum
Jun 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
Ferax said:
the "punch that fixed chinjao head" was totally expected during the ep even before the end i was like "probably luffy will hit him with a powerful punch and fix his head and then everybody is happy"

This show is not about the action. It doesn't focus on fights and such.
Jun 15, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
I'm just glad the fight with Don Chinjao is finally over.
Jun 15, 2014 12:46 PM
Jan 2014
Felt like I was watching DBZ with the way they did the action and sound effects. But Luffy's got a long ways to go it looks like. Course as soon as Luffy got serious he destroyed Chinjao, but it took a gear third haki imbued super punch compared to Garps somewhat stronger than normal punch to beat him. Fuck Luffy you need to take some lessons from Zoro and cut off on playing tag and go to the gym
Jun 15, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
Looks like Luffy's made another friend.
Jun 15, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
Humza_96 said:
Aichiro said:
Lmao that patrick meme. And that's the first time I've seen Garp fight. He defeated him in just one punch.

There are a couple faces I haven't seen in a while.

They showed Robin, Chopper and Nami last episode didn't they? Or did you mean Hancock and Perona? I doubt Hancock will play a significant role again she'll probably be like Vivi, where they show her at the end of every arc. Not too sure if Perona will ever be shown again, unless Moria makes a comeback to the New world
Moria was killed by donflamingo in the marineford arc
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 15, 2014 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
The thing that surprised me though was that Chinjao could keep up with Luff... ahem... Lucy's speed, although the animation wasn't too bad for this episode but it felt like the build up took a little too long

vilmarbf said:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Gekko_Moriah
Apparently he isn't dead yet
Jun 15, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2012
Ferax said:

The fight wasn't suppose to be Epic, it was supposed to be small and unpredictable, without Luffy getting tired and without Don.... coping Luffy's attacks.
They are ruing things, prolonging fights making Luffy look weaker, inventing new stupid attacks to drag the episode. The intro is 5min long for God sake!
Jun 15, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2011
Finally, some plot progression. Toei needs to get their shit right.

vilmarbf said:

Actually, Doflamingo let Moria escape.
Jun 15, 2014 4:35 PM
Mar 2010
I really don't like how since the timeskip the anime has made Luffy seem much weaker by dragging out his fights. Its happened in the finale of the Hordi fight, his brief fight with Monet, his final clash with Ceasar, and now with Chinjao. He hasn't really struggled at any point in the manga till now, yet he does so repeatedly in the anime. Also, they fucked up hawk rifle, it was supposed to be another fire attack.
Jun 15, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2010
mundo said:
Also, they fucked up hawk rifle, it was supposed to be another fire attack.

No, it wasn't. There are no traces of fire in the manga during this attack. Just because it has "hawk" in the name doesn't mean it's a fire attack.
Jun 15, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
LOL, I kind of guessed he's head will turn back to normal after the final clash
Jun 16, 2014 12:57 AM

May 2009
For some reason, I already knew something so dumb would happen...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jun 16, 2014 6:15 AM
Jul 2013
RedRoseFring said:

But....Ace did deserve to die.
Barring the death threats I may receive for saying that, looking at the upcoming episode titles I couldn't help but notice that Block D's fight doesn't start for 2 more episodes. I may just let the episodes accumulate until then (I always say this but never do it).

Well to make story more interesting, complex and in order for Luffy get stronger, he did have to die, but I can't say that he deserved to die. He is a great character still, so :///
Actually yeah, Block D will start in 2-3 episodes( can't remember how it was in the manga), but lots of epic things will happen in next few episodes and I hope anime will do them in a right way
Jun 16, 2014 7:07 PM
Mar 2010
Dahaka_ said:
mundo said:
Also, they fucked up hawk rifle, it was supposed to be another fire attack.

No, it wasn't. There are no traces of fire in the manga during this attack. Just because it has "hawk" in the name doesn't mean it's a fire attack.

Maybe you're right, I thought the bottom panel of Luffy's fist was clearly fire, but I guess it could be gear second smoke
Jun 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Oct 2011
Chinjou drill is back. See ya later pinhead/conehead
Jun 17, 2014 11:57 PM

Dec 2008
yhunata said:
Finally, some plot progression. Toei needs to get their shit right.

vilmarbf said:

Actually, Doflamingo let Moria escape.

Also, Perona's hanging around at Mihawk's now ^^ And I'm sure we're gonna see quite a bit of him in the future since he's one of the few shichibukai left now ^^ so there's a fair chance we'll see her in the background somehow :)

edit: Am I btw the only one who snickered a bit when I realized that Kuma [only] thought of Mihawk's Castle, when he send perona to the gloomy haunted place she wanted to be? xD
SolitaryDarknessJun 18, 2014 12:01 AM
Jun 18, 2014 3:40 AM
Jun 2014
Anyone notice that small plothole involving the crystal sheet covering the treasure in the flashback. Didn't Chinjou drilled it the first time and left a big opening when he sent those thieves down before Garp showed up? How did that hole disappear? Couldn't he go through that area and get all that treasure out from that spot? Or did I skip a scene when I was skimming through it. Idk. That thought just bugged me for a bit haha. D:
Jun 18, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2012
akihikosama said:
That ending lol, I was surprised when his head got fixed.

Only saw that outcome coming from three episodes away lol. Still a pretty cool fight, not sure how long Luffy will hold out if he's already met a tough match like Chinjao (hope I spelled that right) in the first round.

Also, no Law vs D.Flamingo in this ep!? Why! Not sure about other peeps but Flamingo's backstory interests me WAY more than this Colosseum business.
Jun 18, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
vMugen said:
Anyone notice that small plothole involving the crystal sheet covering the treasure in the flashback. Didn't Chinjou drilled it the first time and left a big opening when he sent those thieves down before Garp showed up? How did that hole disappear? Couldn't he go through that area and get all that treasure out from that spot? Or did I skip a scene when I was skimming through it. Idk. That thought just bugged me for a bit haha. D:

C'mon. You can do better ;)
Anyway, seeing as how "open sesame chinjao" includes the necessity of a closed "door" figuratively speaking, leaving treasure open for any scally-wag to steal would truly make him a pinhead (in the intelligence sector).
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 19, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Pff, it was so predictable that Chinjao was gonna get his drill back once Luffy prepped Elephant Pistol, and that he'd lose shortly afterwards... Just like it's predictable that Luffy is eventually gonna become Pirate King. This anime is starting to annoy me. It's the same rigmarole with every arc :(
Jun 19, 2014 6:36 PM

May 2013
Pretty good and funny episode, one of the better One Piece episodes in the last 3 or so weeks.

Jun 27, 2014 12:56 AM

Nov 2007
I know I've said this before, but... How? How do (most of) the people not realize who "Lucy" really is? Are they all taking stupid pills? *flail*

*sigh*

Well, it was pretty good anyway, but the pacing is getting kind of unbearable. ^^;

I loved all the "eehhhh?!" bits, though. Would love a gif of just all the people with their eyes bugged out, with the "whaaaat?!" subtitles. That slayed me. XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.