Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2014 9:45 AM
Jun 2014
Hey guys, i'm not sure if i'm in the right asking section. i think its the right one tho.
kk so here's the thing, i watched bakemonogatari and i really liked hitagi (the main girl) and the i found out there are much more to continuation to that series like the other monogatari series. so i was wondering if hitagi is still the main girl in there cuz if she's not then its really and most probably not worth my time watching it -,-
Jun 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2008
Honestly, she gets a lot less screen-time, and if she's the only thing you liked about the show, I don't think you should bother. Then again, after Nisemono she gets a decent handful of appearances.

Was she really the only reason why you want to watch monogatari?
Jun 14, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
hitagi isn't the best thing about the show.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jun 14, 2014 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
The other girls are worth watching too!!! Senjougahara doesn't get much (if any) screen time bar the last arc of Monogatari 2nd season.

I urge you to continue nonetheless because Hachikuji and Karen are too awesome for words

Oppai is love, oppai is life
Jun 14, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
Keep watching ALL OF IT was amazing!!!!!!!! can wait for the new one ^-^
[/quote]
Jun 14, 2014 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
Shinobu best grill
Jun 14, 2014 2:52 PM
Jun 2014
Well i know she's not the best thing about the show and the other girls are worth too, but i'm just thinking like isn't she Koyomi's boyfriend or something?? So wouldn't it make no sense if Koyomi's in the show but she isn't???
Jun 14, 2014 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
Senjougahara IS the best thing about Bakemonogatari.
She plays a part in the rest, but she doesn't get any more episodes or arcs dedicated to her.
However, I highly recommend that you continue watching the series, because I thought exactly the same thing as you after finishing Bake, and after a disappointing Nisemonogatari, the Second Season was completely worth it (even though Senjougahara is my favorite character, ever).
Jun 14, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
She gets more parts but is overshadowed by the almighty Shinobu, because nobody beats Shinobu.
Jun 15, 2014 12:31 AM
Jun 2014
Okay this is getting confusing. So Hitagi is Koyomi's girlfriend but there's other new characters and she gets less screen time? -,- i'm just looking for a nice romance anime with a guy and a girl, not a harem fest -,-
please correct me in anyways cuz i haven't watched it cuz i'm currently watching another anime and i might watch it after i finished that one
Jun 15, 2014 2:16 AM

Dec 2013
Doubt you should bother, the series is not for you.
Jun 15, 2014 2:24 AM
Oct 2011
Well since this is in the recs forum I will go ahead and suggest Zetsuen no Tempest. One of the main girls has a very very similar personality to Senjougahara. Has quite a bit of screen time and romantic moments with her boyfriend. I also love teasing characters like senjougahara very much. Hope this helps =D
Jun 15, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2014
But_Why said:
Okay this is getting confusing. So Hitagi is Koyomi's girlfriend but there's other new characters and she gets less screen time? -,- i'm just looking for a nice romance anime with a guy and a girl, not a harem fest -,-
please correct me in anyways cuz i haven't watched it cuz i'm currently watching another anime and i might watch it after i finished that one

Basically Monogatari is split into arcs. One arc one girl and so far each girl has had 2 arcs (until the 2nd season). Senjougahara would rarely appear in other girl's arc but she can sometimes made a cameo or was being referenced. She will mostly be involved in arcs that involve Hanekawa and even then, not that much. Senjougahara herself won't get another arc that focus on her until the last part of Monogatari 2nd season.

Oppai is love, oppai is life
Jun 15, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2014
Samowamo said:
Shinobu best grill

Shinobu is a straight boss. A fine example of a character able to grow in Hitagi's absence.

In all seriousness I love Hitagi as well, great character and voice actress (Saito Chiwa) but like most have said, the other characters are well worth watching. Just wait until Kaiki at the very least.

It's not as though she's fallen off the map either. Senjougahara is still around and mentioned, but you'll understand why there isn't a whole lot of room for her in Nisemonogatari. It's also not the strongest season of the 3 (still solid) but Karen, Tsukihi, Hanekawa and Kanbaru are all great.

I highly suggest sticking through it, I assure you will enjoy some of the new characters, and once you get to "Monogatari: Second Series" you won't regret that you stuck around *cough* Kaiki *cough*
Jun 15, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
Just continue watching. It is a fantastic series and all the characters get a lot more development as it continues as Bakemonogatari was essentially an introduction. I was a huge Senjougahara fan in the beginning too but I've actually come to love other characters in the series even more (Shinobu, Kaiki and even Mayoi to an extent). If you liked the style and feel of Bake, then just keep watching. Nisemonogatari is definitely the weak link but it gets much better from there with Second Series reaching epic proportions along with Hanamonogatari (coming very soon).
Jun 15, 2014 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
Emnay said:

blasphemy

she is

what's wrong with u m8

Samowamo said:
Shinobu best grill

shit taste

Paul said:
She gets more parts but is overshadowed by the almighty Shinobu, because nobody beats Shinobu.

shinobu is shit objectively
Jun 15, 2014 9:50 AM
Aug 2012
tsudecimo said:
shinobu is shit objectively
youre opinions are objectively wrong
Jun 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
Emnay said:

blasphemy

she is

what's wrong with u m8

she's not best thing
she's just best girl
an egomaniac and a fool

More topics from this board

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
1 hour ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
9 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - Yesterday

2 by Snailsoup »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.