Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2014 2:18 AM

Feb 2012
Yen Press has announced the new additions that will be joining their manga line-up and upcoming light novel imprint program "Yen On."

LN titles include:Also included is Reki Kawahara's newly announced LN series Zettai naru Isolator which is planned to be released as close to the Japanese release date as possible.

Manga titles include:Most titles announced will begin being released in early 2015.

It was also announced that the last two volumes of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and the next omnibus volume of Kingdom Hearts II will be released late 2014.

Source: Yen Press official news post

News submitted by docoda & Stark700
myanimelistllcMar 13, 2016 1:09 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2014 2:36 AM
Mar 2012
We got to wait until the end of February of next year to see the translations of SAO: Progressive for just only the first volume and no date at all for the second which I expect will come out more than a year from now.

As for Zettai naru Isolator, it was released just a few days ago, so in Yen Press' "released as close to the Japanese release date as possible" would be about half a year. For those saving up money for this, have fun raising $14 per book in the coming months and years, I'm pretty sure it'll be hard with such a short time span.
Jun 14, 2014 2:39 AM

Oct 2013
Yen Press should license Mahouka now before it gets as popular as SAO did after the anime.
Jun 14, 2014 2:43 AM

May 2013
Will have to read KagePro ASAP.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 14, 2014 2:49 AM

Apr 2009
Can't they license good LN like Baccano already? I wait for a chance to import them for so long now...

Nuvi said:
Yen Press should license Mahouka now before it gets as popular as SAO did after the anime.

Look at the forums and elsewhere in the Western community, I doubt this will get as popular here as it is in Japan.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 14, 2014 2:50 AM

Jun 2012
absolutely getting KagePro, SAO: Progressive and Zettai Naru Isolator novels~

gotta support at all cost the licensing of japanese novels/light novels on the west

PD: I'm surprised no one anounced a translation for the novels of NGNL yet I mean, with how popular the anime is now it's such a waste...

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jun 14, 2014 3:05 AM
Feb 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Can't they license good LN?

Good LNs are needles in haystacks, so even if publishers find them, they won't be able to profit. Thus, unsurprisingly, they simply settle for what promises money.
Jun 14, 2014 3:08 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
YES
YES
YE
SYE
SDYIDSJFODHFE
GEGUFIEO
KAGEPRO
LIFE
#COMPLETE
so happy.

Surprised both the manga and the LN are getting published... I was assuming only the LN would...
Dare I read SAO again... but officially translated this time?
Jun 14, 2014 3:16 AM

Apr 2009
Baphomet said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Can't they license good LN?

Good LNs are needles in haystacks, so even if publishers find them, they won't be able to profit. Thus, unsurprisingly, they simply settle for what promises money.

But Baccano is popular here... :(

Zelot said:

Dare I read SAO again... but officially translated this time?

Well, even a good translation can only save so much when the writing is flawed at its core.... I personally look forward to compare how much better translations are when they publish an excerpt, though.
Jun 14, 2014 4:24 AM

Mar 2014
Yay!! Now I can read these SAO light novels too!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 14, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Eh, I'm looking forward to Zettai naru Isolator somewhat but this news was interesting. Hopefully they license Baccano in the future as well.

I'm glad to see Akame ga Kill on that list though. And Kagerou Days being licensed huh? I just picked up this series recently actually (the LN rather).
Jun 14, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2011
Definitely buying KagePro
Jun 14, 2014 5:08 AM
Oct 2013
I don't care... i don't have Yan Impress in my country... :v But,it will be a dream s LN be published here where i live... e.e
Jun 14, 2014 5:25 AM
Oct 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Can't they license good LN like Baccano already? I wait for a chance to import them for so long now...

This.
Beside that, they should relicense Zaregoto. And while they're at it, Katanagatari would be great as well.

But I'm glad Yen Press is doing fine.
Jun 14, 2014 6:31 AM

Oct 2013
well out of that list i'll only be getting is akame ga kill since i love the manga and don't know any of the others besides SAO (didn't like much) and kingdom hearts.
Jun 14, 2014 6:47 AM
Feb 2014
Nuvi said:

They should, but I hope not. The fan translations will have to be taken off like for the first few volumes of SAO.

Really looking forward to Sword Art Online: Progressive (no English translation available on the net past a certain point)
Jun 14, 2014 6:56 AM

Oct 2011
OMG YES!!!!!
Jun 14, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
Nuvi said:
They should bugger off because I want to finish reading it before next ice age thanks to fan translations...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 14, 2014 7:27 AM

May 2012
Thank you Yen Press! Definitely picking up Akame ga Kill! Also have to pick up the LN of Kagerou Days.
Jun 14, 2014 8:23 AM
Aug 2012
I really hope this light novel thing is a success. Will definitely be picking up KagePro and Index.
Jun 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Feb 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Can't they license good LN like Baccano already?

That would be nice to see. Although I think Durarara! might have a bigger chance to get licensed with the upcoming 2nd season.
Wasn't there also Vamp! which was announced to be licensed, but got dropped? Maybe they will pick it up again? *fingers crossed*
Jun 14, 2014 9:14 AM

Aug 2008
Yen Press really want to bring all that light novel mediocrity to this side of the world , don't they?
Jun 14, 2014 9:15 AM
Apr 2014
This is really great definitely gonna buy KageroPro, both the manga and LN. I'd be happy if they licensed Mahouka but then fan translation would be taken up and that would suck.
Jun 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
More Kingdom Hearts is always a treat thing!
I'll be checking out SAO, too!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
_Yamainu said:
Yen Press really want to bring all that light novel mediocrity to this side of the world , don't they?

Because there isn't a freaking lot of mediocre novels among occidental novels, certainly. Including quite a good amount of popular ones. Why are you so surprised that there is both quality and mediocrity (or even garbage-like titles) in light novels when it's exactly the same for any artistic support in any language?

They exist and are published because what you or what I consider to be garbage please some others customers. Just like what interested me won't interest a huge part of the population. I don't see any problem here.
Jun 14, 2014 11:01 AM
Apr 2012
SAO Progressive and Zettai naru Isolator, I am in heaven at the moment! I am very much looking forward to the latter despite not knowing much about it, it's from Reki Kawahara so it has a 100% chance it will be great.

Kagerou Daze I'm undecided on, I will buy it to support LNs over here (I've bought all others so far but a few to catch up on) but I have very mixed feelings on the anime and am hoping the books prove an improvement.

Lastly Akame Ga Kill! looks very much like my kinda series.
Jun 14, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
Nuvi said:

I hope they do but the only problem is being way ahead of the release do to the fan translation.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
Based Yen Press!

Definitely gonna pick up Sword Art Online: Progressive when it comes out next year. I'm not sure about Kagerou Daze yet. I might

Yen Press is really going all out. Sword Art Online, Accel World, A Certain Magical Index. Thank you Yen Press!
Jun 14, 2014 11:39 AM
Mar 2014
Yen Press just keep impressing me, although i'm a bit weary of their LNs as they'll take a long time to translate and publish unless they're planning on hiring more people. Still, they'll be seeing some money from me this year :)
Jun 14, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Can't they license good LN like Baccano

Fucking this, seriously. Since a 2nd season isn't coming it'd be nice to at least be able to own the rest of the story, especially considering how great the later arcs are.
Jun 14, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
Baccano only has like 3-4 volumes remaining before it ends. I guess a second season won't happen now... But it may be a good time to start licensing it indeed for yen press?
Jun 14, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Nuvi said:

I hope they do but the only problem is being way ahead of the release do to the fan translation.

They licensed Index, which has far more volumes than Mahouka, and the fan-translation of which (from what I've seen) had one of the highest reputations of any LN series. As such I doubt that would stop them from licensing it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 14, 2014 3:56 PM
Jul 2012
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (waiting)
Jun 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2010
Gonna collect the volumes of Akame ga Kiru once it gets released :D
Jun 14, 2014 8:17 PM

Nov 2011
YaMozer said:

Someday, I hope.
Jun 14, 2014 10:53 PM
Mar 2009
That guy is seriously writing up ANOTHER light novel?

What happened to quality over quantity? Authors usually don't fare well when they expend their resources across multiple universes of works.
Jun 15, 2014 12:06 AM

Sep 2011
Still waiting for a Durarara!! or Baccano! license announcement.
Jun 15, 2014 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
ChronosXIII said:
That guy is seriously writing up ANOTHER light novel?

What happened to quality over quantity? Authors usually don't fare well when they expend their resources across multiple universes of works.

Just a bit curious, but who is this 'guy' you are referring to ?
Is it Reki ?

On topic, wow they even licensed the Progressive book. It's kinda shame since they could have licensed an entirely new series instead of a mere SS book.

I hope that they will consider to license Hakomari,Baccano or even Jinrui in the future
Jun 15, 2014 1:03 AM

Dec 2012
AHHH THANK YOU YEN PRESS!!

Kagerou Days LN, wait for me.
Jun 15, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
Is Sword Art Online: Progressive better than Aincrad?
Jun 15, 2014 3:50 AM

Dec 2012
Wow so i can buy akame ga kill translated? YES!
Jun 15, 2014 4:26 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
_Yamainu said:

Are they really that bad compared to a lot of english literature?
I mean I have read a fair share of YA and all it is are love triangles, dystopia, vampires, revenge and suicide.

I would assume LNs would be in the same genre as they are mainly aimed/directed to YA (Well..... this is an assumption, who knows, it could be aimed at little boys.. or much older guys).

So compared to what they have to compete with, the mediocre is just competing with repetitive garbage.
Jun 15, 2014 4:45 AM

Apr 2013
^ Zelot is right.
Zelot said:
_Yamainu said:

Are they really that bad compared to a lot of english literature?
I mean I have read a fair share of YA and all it is are love triangles, dystopia, vampires, revenge and suicide.

I would assume LNs would be in the same genre as they are mainly aimed/directed to YA (Well..... this is an assumption, who knows, it could be aimed at little boys.. or much older guys).

So compared to what they have to compete with, the mediocre is just competing with repetitive garbage.

Quoted for truth.

Depending on which LN you choose to use as a comparison with occidental novels, you could actually even come up with the conclusion that novels in occident aren't as good as light novel. That conclusion would be wrong obviously, but concluding the opposite is just as wrong ImO. There are extremely good light novel around, which are definitely worth the read. Same can be said with novels. Just ignore what you don't like, as usual. Shouldn't even have to say it.
Jun 15, 2014 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
Zefyris said:
Baccano only has like 3-4 volumes remaining before it ends. I guess a second season won't happen now... But it may be a good time to start licensing it indeed for yen press?

How are sales for Baccano and how realistic do you think is a localization or at least addtional content in other mdeia?
Jun 15, 2014 6:27 AM
Oct 2012
Aside from Accel World, I don't think there's any Yen On LN releases that I'm looking to buy so far. I might get Kieli and the re-release of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I'm not too fussed about them. They have the Durarara manga, so I assume the LN will come at some point. I'd also like to see:
Baccano!
Monogatari Series
Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Gosick
Kokoro Connect
Log Horizon
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
No.6
Toradora
Jun 15, 2014 6:33 AM

Apr 2013
When I was asked about what LN could work well among those I read on the occidental market before, Baccano was one of my answer, for several reasons. I think it would work pretty well.
As for sales, it's not as good as Durarara and by far; not even a third of Durarara's sales, I think. LAst volume only showed up for the first week, with a little less than 10k in the three days it was out. Since it didn't appear the next week it means less than 15k in 10 days.
So while that title would probably go quite well with the occidental market, if english publishers only look at sales/ranking in kono ln wa sugoi for example, it's never going to be licensed. Maybe if they listen to fan's request and/or want to try something that didn't sell well on the japanese market, since sales in japan aren't a good indicator imo of how well a series would fare in Europe/America.

As for additional content in adaptation. I would have said that it's completely impossible not that long ago. But since Durarara got an new adaptation, maybe we'll get a little something for baccano as well next year? I do'nt have a lot of hope, but why not. I could certainly see dengeki bunko thinking that a new anime would make baccano's 21 current volumes sales far more. There is content to sell, and market is definitely not saturated for this one.

So well, both chances are quite low, but not 0 ImO.

smileyboyrocks said:
Aside from Accel World, I don't think there's any Yen On LN releases that I'm looking to buy so far. I might get Kieli and the re-release of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I'm not too fussed about them. They have the Durarara manga, so I assume the LN will come at some point. I'd also like to see:
Baccano!
Monogatari Series
Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Gosick
Kokoro Connect
Log Horizon
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
No.6
Toradora

Forget about monogatari series, this would be a really bad choice for obvious reasons. NisiOisiN's way to write isn't something made to be translated. Too much play on words that would be lost. DenYuuDen is too long, too risky I'd say. Gosick could work quite well... Except that it was already attempted and dropped. And be aware that the last 4 volumes don't have a single illustration.
Toradora... Not sure that a book centered over japanese school life is a good idea. Lots of specificities. Although I guess Toradora is still OK compared to a lot of school life title on this point.
ZefyrisJun 15, 2014 6:46 AM
Jun 15, 2014 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
Zefyris said:
When I was asked about what LN could work well among those I read on the occidental market before, Baccano was one of my answer, for several reasons. I think it would work pretty well.
As for sales, it's not as good as Durarara and by far; not even a third of Durarara's sales, I think. LAst volume only showed up for the first week, with a little less than 10k in the three days it was out. Since it didn't appear the next week it means less than 15k in 10 days.
So while that title would probably go quite well with the occidental market, if english publishers only look at sales/ranking in kono ln wa sugoi for example, it's never going to be licensed. Maybe if they listen to fan's request and/or want to try something that didn't sell well on the japanese market, since sales in japan aren't a good indicator imo of how well a series would fare in Europe/America.

As for additional content in adaptation. I would have said that it's completely impossible not that long ago. But since Durarara got an new adaptation, maybe we'll get a little something for baccano as well next year? I do'nt have a lot of hope, but why not. I could certainly see dengeki bunko thinking that a new anime would make baccano's 21 current volumes sales far more. There is content to sell, and market is definitely not saturated for this one.

So well, both chances are quite low, but not they're not 0 ImO.

You have no idea how sad this post made me just now.

I would like to read a good Jinrui translation.
Jun 15, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
Stark700 said:
YaMozer said:

Someday, I hope.

I'm glad I'm not the only one (of the few) that's actually hoping that this LN series gets ported to NA. Granted I doubt it ever would happen but I would totally go bonkers if it ever did.

For the time being, though, I am going to be thoroughly content with the Kagerou Project adaptations, especially the Light Novels. I've been lacking in the whole "reading-a-physical-light-novel-department" ever since I caught up with the SuzuHaru adaptations.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 15, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
No Shinsekai Yori yet. :(
Jun 15, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
mayukachan said:
No Shinsekai Yori yet. :(

if I remember well Vertical mentioned once (via tumblr) the possibility to translate the novels, but in the end it come to nothing

- I only draw freestyle! -
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

50 by CrazyFrogz »»
9 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 2 hours ago

1 by deg »»
58 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.