Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
I thought the announcement in the end was for season 3.

Miku finally accepted Shidou. Hoping that if ever season 3 will come out, the quality will improve like for example the performance in the stadium. The scene was good but it's like something is missing because of the quality.
Jun 13, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2010
Well that was anticlimactic.
Jun 13, 2014 5:29 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, this finale almost made me rate the show 5/10. Miku was annoying, Yoshino and Yoshinon were chilling in front of a TV the whole series (except for the final eps) instead of making this show watchable.
At least we've got some Kurumi action which was nice.
4/10 , big disappointment.
Jun 13, 2014 5:40 PM

Jun 2012
Yay thank god Shido was able to counter Miku and Dark Tohka in one episode. That would been sad if Yoshino and Hurricane sister were still brainwashed by Miku and became season hanger. For a rush 10 episode series was pretty damn good. It could been way worse I give it a 7/10 it was fun anime to watch can't wait for season 3 and the movie. I want more Tohka.
Jun 13, 2014 5:43 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not as good as the first season, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Not really sure why people are "disappointed", the message of the whole damn show is the "Power of Love". This isn't an over the top action show.

It's unfortunate to see the shows budget was smaller than the first seasons. It definitely showed, and it made me cringe at times.

Also, dat lesbian conversion. Good job Shido!

7/10. Really excited for the movie. Let's hope a third season will be in the works soon.

P.S. Oh, and where the hell was Origami at the end? Seriously? She got shafted pretty damn hard this season. I sincerely hope we see more of her as a main character in future installments.
Jun 13, 2014 5:48 PM

Apr 2011
This season still turned out pretty well, other than the first 3-4 epds being all Filler!!! Dark Tohka is a Freaking Beast!! Can't wait for the movie!

Tohka will you marry me?

1st season: 9/10
2nd season: 8/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jun 13, 2014 5:48 PM
May 2014
StrawberryRain said:
Oh shido...
Well, looks like we got a happy ending.
Season 3 plz
BladesOfTime said:
Dark Tohka looked amazing.And Miku at the end...God so cute :3
You both said it right. I loved the second season.

Everything was good and i laughed a lot. I might say cause im a fan though 10/10 from me as usual lol.season 3 that im interested in, and also that movie. Though I thought it will have 12 episodes like the 1th O_o. I just watched the ova of the 1th since i forgot that. Anyways, anyone interested about the new OVA that will be about Kurumi and Shido?
Jun 13, 2014 6:05 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Not bad. :) I don't read its novel but I gotta say that the final episode was good and I feel satisfied with it. Dark Tohka looks cool although I think her appearance as Dark Tohka was too short. :c

I really like it when Miku called Shidou her "Darling" for the first time. She surely has changed and she agreed to have her powers sealed. For a character who has undergone a big change like that, I'd like to see more of her. Now she likes Shidou so much and Shidou's harem grew bigger. x3

I thought my score will drop to 7 after the final episode but to me, the finale didn't disappoint. It gets a solid 8/10 from me. :)

I'm all for a third season but a DaL movie is in the works. Now that's amazing news!

By the way, the orchestral version of Trust in You was amazing... I want a full version.. o_o
Jun 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
Todd_ said:

P.S. Oh, and where the hell was Origami at the end? Seriously? She got shafted pretty damn hard this season.
You read my mind. Shafted all season, but this episode especially.
Jun 13, 2014 6:30 PM
Feb 2014
It was a good anime if you wanted to kill time. The first season was so much better.
Jun 13, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
Not enough Yoshino
Jun 13, 2014 6:40 PM

Mar 2012
This was all in all a very good season judged by the standards of a (fairly) service-oriented series. The plot actually advanced without coming off as being entirely irrelevant. Plus the new characters were likable. Time to wait for the movie.
Jun 13, 2014 6:44 PM
Jul 2013
oh god, ellen is too full of excuses

so we learned that kurumi is trying to find a captured spirit eh?

i wonder who might that be?
Jun 13, 2014 6:54 PM

Mar 2014
Well The series was good in my eyes loved the characters and the ever evolving story, though still left a lot unanswered but I won't bitch about this series like some people because I actually enjoyed and want more

didn't expect a movie maybe it will adapt one of the game stories and then we get the rest of the volumes as a season 3 if they try and make it a replacement for season 3 that won't end well
Jun 13, 2014 7:07 PM

May 2013
Nah, I'm still disappointed with this season, Tohka took a freaking level to be a total baddass then, ugh, Dark Tohka just lasted for 15 minutes but still pretty damn baddass. The quality in this episode was pretty meh.

But neither way, Miku did developed, welcome to Shido's harem (oh Shido became a total baddass too tbh). 7/10. Can't wait for the OVA and the movie.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 13, 2014 7:28 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode but Season 1 was still better. I still can't forgive that episode 1 filler.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
Shido used sweet kiss!
Its super effective!

Good conclusion on this arc. Now I'm looking forward to the movie.
Jun 13, 2014 8:05 PM
Aug 2012
linchpin said:
You people must love to complain!

I do, which is why I watched all 10 episodes ;) but it's not all terrible because bewbs and let's be honest.. Who doesn't like bewbs?
Jun 13, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2013
unfortunately finished one of the best anime of the season, entered in my top 5
but came the news of the film, I'm already curious about the story the movie, left me much more satisfied, will also have an OVA at the end of the year, already had begun to read the LN, now I'm even more excited to continue
Dark Tohka appeared and tried to kill everyone, but Shidou managed to save it, for now it seems
Miku also entered the harem, I started liking her more after this episode
Kurumi and Westcott seem to know more about spirits and on Shidou, I'm curious about where the story will stop
the anime was great, great soundtrack, including several songs sung by the girls, the opening and ending were also excellent, the plot was very good, great animation ..
surely was among the best of the season, can not wait to continue watching this story
Jun 13, 2014 8:19 PM

Apr 2011
An average episode. Did not expect to be great seeing its only 10 episode. Well, that's finally over.

Time to read the light novel.

7/10
Jun 13, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
hmm they could have done more for Alter Tohka, her part was short xD
while I was watching I was thinking this will come with another season ... but the movie got announce =w= xD
Jun 13, 2014 8:29 PM

Feb 2012
Just learned this was the last episode. Praise Jesus! 4/10 but 5/10 for Kurumi, her scenes were the only good ones. Miku was pretty cute at the end though. Will watch the movie i guess.
Jun 13, 2014 8:47 PM
Jan 2013
About time this hot garbage is over
Jun 13, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
They wrapped things up so quickly. I was expecting some cliff-hanger and an announcement for a season 3 in production or something.

I have mixed feelings about this season. The first one was fun and interesting, but more often than not, this second season had like 40% filler moments and episodes. The action was few and far between, even though it was done well.

I do, however, enjoy the story as a whole, and would love to see what happens after this arc. Thus I'm in full support of a season 3.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 13, 2014 9:20 PM
Nov 2013
Rushed ending to a disappointing season I was really looking forward to. Highlight of the episode was Shido and Tohka's kiss, sooo cute.

4/10 from me. I'll look forward to the film hoping it's better.
Jun 13, 2014 9:49 PM

May 2013
Dark Tohka was awesome, but I'm disappointed that her appearance is just 1 episode. Set aside the ending of episode 9. I wonder when will Shodou seal Kurumi's power. I'm just curious about that. It was fast that Miku changed her mind that fast about Shidou. Just saving her is enough? I can hardly believe it. Though, I never expected such a series of popularity to go bad.
Jun 13, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
That was so bad, damn. It was even worse than I thought it'd be. I mean, the first series wasn't good, but at least it wasn't whatever this was - at least it was watchable. I'm not sure it's even good enough for the 3/10 I gave it, tbh. It had a chance to redeem itself, after that piss-boring opening with those irritating twins, but that last episode was just total shit.
Jun 13, 2014 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
Im a very forgiving person so I'm not going to complain about how short and how it felted rushed but I loved seeing the new characters added to Shidou's harem.

Im hoping for a 3rd season but we'll see if the movie covers the end of this story.

Nethertheless 9/10, Would watch again.
Jun 13, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2009
... i love this franchise, i really do. all the characters look great. but that's about it. this season has let me down greatly. the finale sucked and the animation throughout the season sucked (biggest disappointment, as the only redeeming feature was the art). sigh... i want to give this show at least a 6 but it probably deserves a 5. okay, a 6 just cause they used tsunako's character design.
Jun 13, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2012
Wasn't bad, but enjoyed more the first season. New characters were okay/good, but not those I cared for the most (Definite lack of Yoshino and Kurumi). I must say though, the animation was really bad. Hope the film gets a better treatment than this, and the third season if there is one.
Jun 13, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
Well well... talk about butchering a 2nd season although tbh the only 2nd season that has worked in this spring season is Mushishi.

The first season was bad yet entertaining, this season is simply bad. I don't know if they followed the novel exactly like it is but it felt like they spent too much time on unimportant stuffs. The whole season felt like filler except for the last 2-3 episodes and somehow the characters are behaving more annoying than usual, especially Shido.

Not even Kurumi and demon king Tohka can save this shit. 4/10
Jun 13, 2014 10:54 PM

Jul 2010
Why did she had to turn back, and what's more important, it just ended or it was just my imagination? Holy shit, that ending was awful. Barely 5/10.

Anyway, being Shiro is suffering.
Jun 13, 2014 11:17 PM

Feb 2012
Didn't initially Miku, but she finally leveled up at the end. Calling Shido "Darling" got him some spanking from the other gals. lol.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 13, 2014 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
Well I don't know what the Date a Live lovers see but this was pretty bad from start to finish. You have to want to like this to like this. There is next to nothing actually entertaining about it.

S1 was better. This second season was as terrible as Infinite Stratos S2.

Movie...just stop with this series. This is a good example of terrible content getting adaptation after adaptation for seemingly no good reason.
IZEROIIJun 13, 2014 11:41 PM
Jun 13, 2014 11:58 PM

May 2010
Damn it's the end. I am soooo gonna miss that opening song and the cast esp. my Kurumi... Anyone else gonna miss the OP?

I am liking Miku now but her powers... my ears! I thought she would be more tsundere, but shei is like Marika (Nisekoi) instead. I love her. I kinda like the song she sang this episode (though vocals could use some work)

This season wasn't as good as the previous one but the last 3-4 episodes were great. Rest was meh, mostly 5-6 worthy episodes.

I am gonna give it a 7. It could be sooo much better but oh, well. Kurumi, I feel bad for your efforts but thanks for raising the score from 5 to 7 with your awesomeness.

I still want a 3rd season and hopefully, a lot higher budget. Need a gorgeously animated Kurumi.
TragicRomanceJun 14, 2014 2:10 AM
Jun 14, 2014 12:00 AM

Sep 2013
Haha, that ending. GG Shido.

Nude Miku i liek ;__;

I hope Jessica (red-haired bitch) at LEAST scored a penta-kill before her death
th3pwnsh0pJun 14, 2014 12:06 AM
Jun 14, 2014 12:09 AM

May 2014
Do you think there will be a season 3?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 14, 2014 12:17 AM

Jun 2014
The second season is surely a letdown, I guess the combination of inconsistent animation and uneven pacing due to excessive cuts of original materials really spelled its doom from the beginning.

Production IMS really butchered the second season, although to be fair , there is not much you can do to fit 3 volumes and one special chapter of LN into ten episodes.

Based on BD estimation, the s2 BD sales are quite worrying. Maybe expecting high budget animation from the upcoming movie is asking too much at this point
Jun 14, 2014 12:25 AM

Jun 2014
CrotakuShinobi said:

Based on the horrible sales estimation of s2 BDs, don't hold your breath. There are still shows getting multiple seasons without strong disc sales, and you might have to pray hard that DAL might be one of them.

Worst case scenario, there is always the confirmed movie to look forward to
Jun 14, 2014 12:34 AM

Jun 2013
I liked the first season better but this was still an enjoyable watch.

I'm so happy that a movie was announced at the end!!
Jun 14, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2014
They kissed!!! Tohka and shido kissed.....was waiting for that in the whole season.......the best scene of the season!!!! can't wait for the movie and season 3 now!! :P :D <3
Jun 14, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2011
wait what that was the end?! i saw the movie announcement but still that didn't feel very eventful not to mention rushed.

this season was depressingly bad even on DaL standards S1 was a masterpeice compared to this 5/10
Jun 14, 2014 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
The best quote of the series!

"Shido.. Everytime I hear that name, I feel sick"

Exactly how I feel.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 14, 2014 1:37 AM
May 2014
Outcaster00 said:
Well The series was good in my eyes loved the characters and the ever evolving story, though still left a lot unanswered but I won't bitch about this series like some people because I actually enjoyed and want more

didn't expect a movie maybe it will adapt one of the game stories and then we get the rest of the volumes as a season 3 if they try and make it a replacement for season 3 that won't end well
Thats true

CrotakuShinobi said:
Possible, since if you think Shido still haven't chosen his girl, ofc everyone knows it will be Tohka (Guess) and Westcott ran away. So there are still things to finish.
Jun 14, 2014 2:07 AM

Jun 2012
Ok. So we got a whole season without any character development, shitty animation, and terrible pacing.
Actually, what did this second season bring to the table, except three insignificant to the "plot" spirits.
Oh and of course, they managed to shove Kurumi in, but in the process they butchered everything she had going for her. Good job.

However, it was (marginally) less annoying than the first season, probably because Tohka wasn't babbling as much, and Origami disappeared towards the end.
At least they had the decency to reduce the twins' screen-time after their "arc" ended, and to create the first feminist that finally stopped bitching and did something useful.

The first season, being equally bad, had at least a decent OP.
This one had nothing. In fact, every episode felt like filler.

And of course, a movie is coming soon. What a surprise.

2.5/10, inb4 season 3
Jun 14, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
I don't care if it rushed or not, at least they announced a movie :)
Jun 14, 2014 2:14 AM

Feb 2014
Well the only thing good about this show is Kurumi and she didn't even have a proper screen time during this season (only for one episode and it wasn't so much).
the first season was much more interesting and unusual but this season is mediocre and the ending is quite rushed and predictable .. we'll see what happens in the movie.
I give this season a 6/10 or maybe less ..
however, I give Kurumi a 10/10 for pure awesomeness !

Dretax said:
CrotakuShinobi said:
Possible, since if you think Shido still haven't chosen his girl, ofc everyone knows it will be Tohka (Guess) and Westcott ran away. So there are still things to finish.

This is a Harem anime .. Shido will NEVER choose a girl !
if he did though it will obviously be Tohka.
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jun 14, 2014 2:14 AM

May 2010
samesdday said:

While, I admit that this season wasn't as good as the previous one and yes, the animation wasn't consistent at all, the pacing was odd and character development wasn't nice but I still don't think it was as bad as to give it a 2.5/ 10. And no, not every episode felt filler. Although most of it looked insignificant, but the parts with Kurumi showing up definitely were important. At least, it was a lot ,a lot better than Infinite Stratos's 2nd season.

I will never get why people watch a 2nd season if they hate it that much... But oh well,this isn't what gets me off.

What surprised me, is... How can you not love this season's OP?

It gave me so many feels about Tohka and Shido's bond (I don't even ship them). Plus it's really catchy... I think, this was far far better than first season's OP.
Jun 14, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I said before that the dark Tohka part was going to be incredibly rushed, and sure enough...

Dark Tohka was badass as all hell though so I guess that's something.

I liked all of the stuff that they tried to cram into the episode, but there was just too much of it. 10 episodes for a season is WAY too short, even if they had made it 11 episodes it would have been 100x better.

Had they made episode 10 all about the dark Tohka fight, and the Mana x Jessica fight, then made an episode 11 that covered Tohka being saved, Miku being sealed + the concert, and everything going back to normal, I feel like it would have been a lot smoother.

Gotta say I really enjoyed Miku's non-spirit song a lot. That one and Tohka's from episode 6 were very nice.

Looking forward to the movie now, and the Kurumi filled OVA in Dec.

LETS PLEASE HOPE THAT THIS MOVIE DOESNT MEAN DAL IS GOING TO PULL A SORA NO OTOSHIMONO!!!...SnO fans, you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about.

samesdday said:
Ok. So we got a whole season without any character development, shitty animation, and terrible pacing.
Actually, what did this second season bring to the table, except three insignificant to the "plot" spirits.
Oh and of course, they managed to shove Kurumi in, but in the process they butchered everything she had going for her. Good job.

However, it was (marginally) less annoying than the first season, probably because Tohka wasn't babbling as much, and Origami disappeared towards the end.
At least they had the decency to reduce the twins' screen-time after their "arc" ended, and to create the first feminist that finally stopped bitching and did something useful.

This one had nothing. In fact, every episode felt like filler.

And of course, a movie is coming soon. What a surprise.

2.5/10, inb4 season 3

If you had this much to bitch about, then you shouldn't have been watching the fucking show in the first place, especially since you bitched about season 1 as well.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanJun 14, 2014 5:35 AM
Jun 14, 2014 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
Volume 5 / 6 or the first seven episodes were horrible. The only saving grace was inverse Tohka and Kurumi.

..But still a better story than SAO.

People shouldn't expect the plot to move that quickly, especially in these types of harem animes.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

142 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.