Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2009 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A decent first episode for this season. The plot this time seems much thicker and complex, which is a good thing for this series, even though it was a little confusing in parts... The koala is a nice addition aswell.

OP - I didn't like the start of the opening, but when the beat came in it was excellent in both animation and music.
ED - Nice from start to finish.

Hopefully this season doesn't spiral downhill like the first did.
Sep 30, 2009 7:48 PM

Dec 2007
in my opinion, after watching first ep, 2nd season will be much better than the 1st one.
llamaben said:
Hopefully this season doesn't spiral downhill like the first did.
agreed.
Sep 30, 2009 8:17 PM

Feb 2008
i have high hopes for this season, there i said it lol
Sep 30, 2009 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
rreggiebryant1 said:

think of it this way ... first season was setting the ground for the second , after watchin first episode i have to say i'm excited for the rest
Sep 30, 2009 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
after being reluctant on whether i would watch the second season season because i got disappointed by the first, i got interested again after watching this ep.. hopefully it answers out whatever confusion we've had in the first season and it will turn out good..

lol at the identity of the koala.. kinda predicted it but still..
Sep 30, 2009 10:07 PM

Sep 2009
I liked this episode, I've been dying to see the new season so I hope it's awesome. I loved the first season so I'm hoping this season is just as good. The way Ania said "koala" had me laughing every time, I loved the way she said it.
Sep 30, 2009 10:07 PM

Apr 2008
why is this still set as "not aired" after the past 2 hours? maybe i dont understand the rate they update things but i'm just curiosu
Sep 30, 2009 10:13 PM

Sep 2009
Yea that happend to me too, I just went to it's main page and updated it from there.
Sep 30, 2009 10:44 PM

Sep 2008
I admit, I was sucked in before the OP was shown. Leave it to angela for another great song though.
Grown-up Tomoharu makes the scarf work.
I love the clothing design... I feel as if I said this when the first episode of the first season aired...

Now all I'm hoping for now is more Takatsuki/Tangerine healing methods.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2009 10:51 PM

Feb 2008
Lvhina said:
why is this still set as "not aired" after the past 2 hours? maybe i dont understand the rate they update things but i'm just curiosu

guess i wasn't the only one who was wondering that
Sep 30, 2009 11:14 PM

Jun 2008
Well great start so far. Hopefully it won't get crappy like the first season after a few episodes. I must admit though. I did like this episode very much. Kinda curious about the first world, and all that stuff.
Oct 1, 2009 12:25 AM

Sep 2008
its amazing thay actually make it interesant after the last part of S1 wasnt,
still for me to put a 10 in this i must see tomoharu as the asura crying, wich i hope its soon...
and the first world could be an anime of its own, it seeemed veryinteresting
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 1, 2009 12:36 AM

Feb 2008
Boring start. I have to say that I didn't have high hopes for this, as the later episodes of the 1st season also bored me to no end. With that said, looks like we're in for a LONG 13 episode show >_>
Oct 1, 2009 2:07 AM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed that more then I thought I would. I want to see more about the first world, it might make a good OVA.

Opening I thought was borning at the start but really good at the end.

I hope that the episodes will continue getting better and not get really bad like the first season did.
Oct 1, 2009 2:29 AM

Nov 2007
Love both OP and ED!! It was nice. From OP, it looks like there will be another Tomoharu in parallel world or something and I was correct. Talking koala?

So "subtlel-y" sexy!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2009 4:27 AM

Nov 2008
I might really regret watching this second season, since the first season gave me nothing more than frustration fits. The OP didn't really get me, although I must say, they managed to make Tomo look a lot more mature with that .. costume.

Well, at least we now know how Misao turned into a 'spirit', but I'm still waiting for the explanation how she came back all of sudden. The season finale ended like she'd disappeared for good. And another thing, in Tomo's memory, we see Misao, Kanade and him at school together, but didn't he and Kanade meet áfter the Asura Machina appeared?
Oct 1, 2009 6:23 AM

Jan 2008
At least they fixed 1 Plot hole from the First Season already in this episode. As for the First World/Second World Connection: I'm learning towards a theory that Has the First World using the Asura Machina to "reset" the World back to the way it was approximately 10 years ago in an attempt to prevent the Disaster that occured.

As for Tomoharu + Kanade gaining the memories of their First World selves, more than likely they found a way to imbue the memories to the spirit, unlocking them only when triggered proximity to the area.

Crazy theory but the most plausible one I have based only on re-watching this episode.
Oct 1, 2009 6:23 AM

Jan 2009
Well at least this established at least some reasoning behind the worlds, first world being destroyed by a black hole colliding with another universe or something.

Misao probably just got depressed and just wandered off I assume.

Great OP and ED songs.
Oct 1, 2009 6:41 AM

Jul 2008
The OP song was boring at first but after ~ 30 seconds, it got so much better !

I didn't really like the first season but when I noticed that the first episode is subbed, I just wanted to watch it. The animation style seems kinda ... weird.
But otherwise this episode was ok. Not so promising, but not disappointing.

Oct 1, 2009 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
Great opening after the initial 30 seconds or so, I barely understood the last season nor have i seen the last episode of the 1st season but i might watch it so i can get caught up. i have low expectations for this series though
Oct 1, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
as expected from angela, another awesome sondtrack, both the OP & ED.

This season is pretty promising, but i a little bit hard to understand about the concept of the first world. Hope it will be revealed soon.

I just hope for a good season, better than the first of course
Oct 1, 2009 9:53 AM

Aug 2009
Opening and Ending were meh, but episode was good. There is potential in this series and this episode showed some of it. Hopefully they won't screw it up.
Oct 1, 2009 11:23 AM

Jul 2009
President Tooru's still hot! xP

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Oct 1, 2009 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
I agree with you guys about first few secs. of OP.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2009 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
It was an okay start.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 1, 2009 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
I love the OP and ED.

I'm not sure why I'm watching this since I didn't like the first season
Oct 1, 2009 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty good start of 2nd season. After plain 1st season this episode grabbed my attention. This season seems to be more serious than previous season. They've already revealed so interesting facts. That first world was destroyed and that Natsume, Kanade & Misao already knew each other. Ohh and Natsume and Misao kissed

About OP I somehow didn't felt that this was OP at all. It's more like teaser/trailer. Anyway, great songs both in OP and ED.

Well, looking forward to new episodes.
Oct 1, 2009 1:38 PM
Sep 2009
it was a better start than i thought it would be
Oct 1, 2009 2:16 PM

Jun 2007
I love this show.
It all just keeps getting worse.
Oct 1, 2009 3:08 PM

Mar 2009
loved it, pure awesome fun
Oct 1, 2009 4:08 PM

Oct 2008
that was quite a twist... One that i can't say i really care for, but i guess we will see if they can pull it off.

It is really strange since the tomo in the other world was the one who started everything it seems, but where does that leave the current tomo. Was misao being a spirit for the mech just an effect from the other world or did something happen there too.

Hard to see how this will turn out well. They had some interesting plot objects in the previous season, they just never went in to them. Now they bring up a brand new twist instead of going in to the ones already out there...
Oct 1, 2009 5:41 PM

Jan 2009
the first misao was because of the experiment in that state, the current misao because of a plane accident...., liked more the first misao's problem

Oct 1, 2009 5:42 PM

Jan 2009
btw the previous asura cryin' 2 pic puts a dark reflection on the water and in the water shadow of misao is another persons shadow(from what i see)

Oct 2, 2009 12:45 AM

Jul 2008
so the pres of the science club is a... koala? and in a previous life tomo was in love with misao? and whats up with tomo's brother, isn't there anything he hasn't done?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 2, 2009 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
This koala made me crack up xDDDDDDDD it was so funny xDDDD
after watching this episode I have high hopes this season won't be as crappy as the 1st one... I'm really interested in this First World thing 8D (where TomoMisao existed <3)
I wonder if we'll see Tomo's brother in this season
I agree with opinions about OP and ED ^^
Oct 2, 2009 8:34 AM

Aug 2009
I wanna see more tomo-misao love-love <3 XD
Oct 2, 2009 10:48 AM

May 2008
I knew it. Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit. This series isn't going to amount to anything, and nothing from this season can make up for the shit that they did in season one I'm sure. The opening was crap imo. The ending is alright though. That's probably the only good thing.

Otherwise, boring and random first episode. As expected from Asura shit Cryin'.

As for Tomo, no matter how 'cool' he may look now or how cool people think he is now that he's just a bit taller and has new clothes, he's still a pussy :/

Oct 2, 2009 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
Well, first things first, this sequel came out pretty fast after the first season was concluded : o
Anyway, down to watching the episode now, before saying anything more : p

Gotta say, I think the opening in the first season was a bit better, but this is definitely not bad, it's got a kind of .. nice tune.. nvm this is better than the last x)
And while we're at the OP, apparantly, this season holds alot of cool stuff of near epic proportions : 3 Hopefully, this will be delivered : )
ED's pretty good too.

I'm glad they still have the humor from the last season : >

Also, SHI- I can't remember her name, the girl with the sword <.< What's her name? O.o She was one of the characters that I liked more in the first season : |
President Toru, apparantly.. But she ought to have more of a name than that x)

Anywho, it seems as if Tomoharu's brother will be a pretty important character this time.

And what's up with the koala?xD

Now, I've finished the episode, and.. I mean, seriously, this shit is awesome! Hope they keep it up! : D

At the very least, if they don't screw up of course, I think this will be a very enjoyable and interesting season. And taking the name of the series into account, it's just a matter of time until Tomoharu and Kanade form this contract or whatever it's called, right?

Lastly, "Zettai dame!" xDD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 2, 2009 11:51 AM

Jul 2008
Lvhina said:
rreggiebryant1 said:

think of it this way ... first season was setting the ground for the second , after watchin first episode i have to say i'm excited for the rest

I always tough that way as well. X)
Fucking good Op and ed, Angela ftw.
The episode was intriguing at the very least, I had high expectation so I couldn'T find it more than decent, I hope this season will be freacking good.

I hope that those who didn'T liked the first season won't even watch the second because if i'm seeing some bashing there from those who bashed the first season thread I couldn't think of anything but them being total retard. Finishing a series because you started it, ok, watching the sequel of something you didn'T liked: retarded.
Oct 2, 2009 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
nice episode >.< I laughed at the part where Shuri just ran and grabed the loli in the ruins then ran away.
Oct 2, 2009 8:23 PM

Sep 2008
It wasn't a particularly good episode however that one scene with the 'echoes of the past' or whatever was quite interesting. This season definitely has some potential, or at least should be better than the first. If they pull it off that is. Going to keep watching purely to see how that story actually unfolds. Couldn't give a damn about anything else though :P
Oct 2, 2009 11:07 PM

Mar 2009
Decent start of the second season.

OP-Started out slow, but was awesome after that, although it was pretty spoily!!
ED-Pretty good from beginning to end.

The episode was funny yet boring for like the first half, then it got pretty good. I like President Toru, I hope she's in this season more. The first world flashback or whatever it was, got me the most excited about this season. Already seems like it will be better than S1, though I liked S1 despite what most thought of it I thought it was great...Urahara Out!!
Oct 3, 2009 12:46 AM

Jun 2007
I think this episode was better then the whole first season combined haha. I like how they actually have a basic plot not in staid of trying to toss as much random shit at us as they can. From the OP it looks like there is two Tomoharus (unless the older one is his brother) and each one has Kurogana. The only differences being one Tomoharu is an adult and has apparently become an Asura Cryin while the other one is young and isn't an Asura Cryin.
Oct 3, 2009 8:44 AM

Aug 2008
Why do I keep torturing myself, I don't even..

Maybe we get a story this time. Preferably just one
KvakondOct 3, 2009 9:17 AM
Oct 3, 2009 9:00 AM

Dec 2008
I'am wondering what happened with the cliffhanger from last season ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2009 10:32 AM

Nov 2008
I am watching this for some reason, I'll figure it out soon.
Oct 3, 2009 10:46 AM

Oct 2008
I actually like where the second season is going, and the OP and ED songs are pretty good too. I didn't exactly love it, but I liked it at least.
Oct 3, 2009 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
Fabienne said:
I'am wondering what happened with the cliffhanger from last season ?

There wasn't any cliffhanger, well if you do talk about the guy having the inhalator (don't remember how it's spelled, the thing they fought for in the end of season 1) then we will see soon enough but I don't recall any cliffhanger

Kvakond said:
Why do I keep torturing myself, I don't even..

Why are you even posting there then? You didn't liked the first season but still started the second one so either you like it and say you don't to look tough or you are a moron because while I can understand that someone could want to finish what they started even tough they didn't liked it, I don't know why the fuck they start something they don't are interested to.
Oct 3, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
I think the other guy in the OP is probably Natsume's brother. He's standing next to different Asura Machina, and then there's a third one in the background that looks just like Kurogane except grey. Maybe that's its Asura Cryin' form?
Oct 3, 2009 10:56 AM

Jul 2008
HoboFreedom said:
I think the other guy in the OP is probably Natsume's brother. He's standing next to different Asura Machina, and then there's a third one in the background that looks just like Kurogane except grey. Maybe that's its Asura Cryin' form?

I don't think that it's his Asura cryin form since I beleive that the machina don't switch form. The Asura cryin is the handler, not the machina and it rely in being able to relay the demon energy to the machina to emplify it and sending it again to the demon ; repeat to gain an huge amount of power.
In the opening it look like Tomo will gain a power unrelated or related to the machina, afterall we don't know his past since he come from the old world with Misao and Takatsuki to save Misao. Probably the whole city we see freezed in the old world is the city they currently are living in, like another dimension in the same place and that would be the current world they are in.
Yeah it's Natsume's brother, don't need to be a genius to understand that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Dec 23, 2009

84 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 18, 2009

55 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 11, 2009

67 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:44 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Riveiraland - Dec 16, 2009

36 by Mionyo »»
May 31, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 5 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

31 by ElusiveLight »»
May 7, 2016 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.