Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 13, 2014 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
xchee said:
"Therefore, the world is full of yuri."

That's the right answer :D

Didn't Tokaku rip off her advance notice or did she use her reward to get another one? We still have two episodes left so I doubt Tokaku's the final boss. I really hope the next episode won't be sappy though.
Armmine said:
Why is there a card in Tokaku's drawer? Didn't she rip the card in 2nd episode ? Did she get a new one from Nio ?

Yes she ripped it up at the first orientation when she declared she was going to protect Haru. Nio must have given her another one, the chairwoman, or she just made another herself.

Everyone is thinking Nio has ulterior motives. But while she does act devious, she has shown true in one regard, serving the chairwoman. Unless Haru is discarded, I doubt Nio is going to be allowed to try and kill her. Unless she's the final boss for Haru to graduate. Which would be a nice climax to the series. Considering she seems to be the most formidable.

I guess it all depends on the chairwoman. But Nio seems like she's directly apart of the clan since she was saved by the chairwoman. So I'm a bit conflicted on this...

EDIT: But still the way they have set this series up so far, when someone's ending theme is played, they are effectively out of the way. Her theme was this episode and she hasn't declared an assassination attempt. So unless they screw with the whole design of the series for another twist, I don't see how Nio could get her chance. But then again, that's the whole point of a twist. Even though it would be WAY MORE expected then what happened this episode. Considering she was among the original 11. (not counting Tokaku for obvious reasons as she just signed herself back up.)
xPreatorianxJun 13, 2014 7:48 PM
Jun 13, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2013
What's the name of the song for Nio's closing?

I'm hoping that Haru is secretly acting like a wimp and is actually just as skilled as the other assassins, but masquerading as a defenseless coward so that Tokaku will do the killing for Haru...
Jun 13, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
So this could go two ways.

Either one legit kills the other,
or
Neither dies and Happy Yuri After.

Nonetheless it got me cliff-hanging.
[right]

Jun 13, 2014 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
Anyone else notice that the Queen Bee power wore off rather quickly with Tokaku? I guess they made it that way so it wasn't "overpowered" and so it couldn't be considered mind control. Basically it is just charm, mental suggestion, and manipulation. Otherwise Haru consciously or unconsciously could still sway Tokaku. But as soon as Tokaku found out about the truth behind the Queen Bee power, she rather quickly came to the decision to declare her assassination attempt. I figured it would take a bit more than what it did.

@Zero01 - Hmm to be honest while that would be pretty badass, I like Haru BECAUSE she's that innocent, fun loving, high spirited girl. She's done fine so far with her "badass moments." If she went full assassin I don't think I'd like her character anymore.

@porkypink - well there's a few other ways it could end. But it involves variations on one of them dieing or the Yuri ending. Well actually neither one of them could die but still not end up with the Yuri end. (unless Haru and Nio decide to get together :P. But it would be more like Haru being the new primer with Nio protecting it. As one of the options.)

But ya I'm cliff-hanging as well. I can't get the damn episode out of my mind! The wait till next Friday is going to be excruciating. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow. But this time I'm going to go for a better sub provider. (I used Horrible subs when they first uploaded it.)
xPreatorianxJun 13, 2014 8:41 PM
Jun 13, 2014 8:49 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder why they are 2 more episodes ...
Jun 13, 2014 8:57 PM

Sep 2013
So, this whole riddle thing was complete BS :O "claps and cries" good job :)
I feel like a r*tard now for trying to answer them :(

I just realized Haru talks in the 3rd person or something - Haru wants a normal life, Haru didn't know etc... :O It's kinda kinky actually :)

NIO <3
Jun 13, 2014 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
Yuri?! idk why but I like that name ;)

Let's see if Tokaku can kill Haru. I want to see Nio's true power as well.
Jun 13, 2014 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, not sure about her decision.
Jun 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
So, Haru being a primer somewhat explains the assassins' incompetence. I didn't expect that, and it makes the previous episodes slightly better. Nio's character seems interesting. I'm still hoping for a decent story, after so many squandered episodes on the assassins of the week format.
Jun 13, 2014 10:59 PM
Jul 2009
Knew she'd turn! But will she go through with it.. also, still majorly confused about Haru.
Jun 13, 2014 11:24 PM

Feb 2012
Haha saw that one coming. I am very satisfied with the way things have turned out kekeke
Reality is better than memories.
A reality where I exist and you're right here next to me.

-Yano Motoharu
Jun 14, 2014 12:25 AM

Mar 2014
What we need now is another sword for Haru and bam! it's Kannazuki no Miko all over again lol. It could be that Tokaku is trying to test something, and I think Nio is a good lying loli
Jun 14, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2011
i find it funny how the Riddles were just BS can't blame some people for trying to figure it out but they kinda just got trolled in the end lol.

Was expecting Final Boss Nio but instead got Haru still doubt either of them are gonna die fighting "each other"
Jun 14, 2014 1:02 AM

Mar 2014
katsu044 said:
i find it funny how the Riddles were just BS can't blame some people for trying to figure it out but they kinda just got trolled in the end lol.

Was expecting Final Boss Nio but instead got Haru still doubt either of them are gonna die fighting "each other"
lol this. There are other forums where they try hard to figure out the Riddles, now I kinda feel bad
Jun 14, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
That ending was was so kickass!
Jun 14, 2014 2:37 AM

May 2013
I saw the plot twist coming when Tokaku was holding a sword. Either way, Haru's true nature is kinda interesting.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 14, 2014 5:01 AM

Feb 2012
And thus, the Illuminati ichizoku is now in danger.
Jun 14, 2014 5:33 AM

Mar 2008
The story in this anime sucks bad, why am I still watching this?
<^_^>
Jun 14, 2014 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Yuri is the best name for someone in this series.
NYANPASU~!
Jun 14, 2014 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
Kinda knew it was something like that.. what I didn't expect was for this to turn into a cheap yuri drama. "Does she love me?", "Do I actually love her?" oh gawd...

Really disappointed that Tokaku is the final boss and not Nio. I only stick this far to watch Nio and she doesn't even get to fight. Here's to hoping she protects Haru (unlikely though it is).

Oh well.. at least Nio's ending song was good
Jun 14, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2013
I'll say Tokaku will just pretend to kill Haru, in order for both of them to escape that underworld of society domination and assassination.

After all, there are only two more episodes to go... one to "kill" Haru and one to escape together!!

Remember that even if they won the "Black Class Event", Haru and Tokaku are still connected to their respective clans, so they have little choice on the matter.

Even if they both wished their prize to be "release", I doubt such a prize was to be awarded since the main focus for the promoter as been Haru power development all along...

So, by pretending to kill Haru and then demanding only for her own "release" from the clan shackles, Tokaku is trying to somehow create a chance where the both of them can live normal lives from that point on.

Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 14, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
So no more yuri I guess. :c
Quite excited to see what will happen next.
Jun 14, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2013
And now it's Tokaku's time to participate...
Jun 14, 2014 8:57 AM

Jan 2014
As was to be expected, this was the episode wherein the whole "attractive-female-schoolgirls-killing-each-other" concept was put aside, and in its place we got some real backstory as to what the Academy is;
And what's more, the concept was played to stunning effect, causing some inner conflict for Haru, and relationship-based conflict for her and Tokaku.

The setting of the cemetery led to some heartbreaking flashbacks, and what I thought was going to be the big moment for Tokaku and Haru,

like seriously frick you tokaku break up my OTP I never liked you anyway

Next week is the penultimate episode- we've obviously got a lot to solve after this week's ending, and I'll be looking forward to it!
Jun 14, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, what a setup for the next episode. Will Azuma actually be able to go through with it?

She looked very hurt after believing that Haru was using her.

Then again Haru is not as helpless as she lets off...

Also Nio's eating noises were pretty amusing
Jun 14, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2012
Poor teacher ^^"

And really I thought only member of the clan could go down there... Could she pass because she wanted to kill Haru?
I seriously hope she will succeed though it probably won't happen ><
Jun 14, 2014 11:08 AM
Dec 2012
The fact that Haru is a queen bee or have a special power isn't really true. Tokaku was unconsciously attracted to Haru and fell in love with her (But she didn't know this and the obvious fact that she will never have Haru). With the riddles and the "queen bee" fact (or the fact the Haru never saw Tokaku as a lover because she is a girl) , this completely destroyed Tokaku's emotions and thinking he was just a pawn, he resorted to killing Haru.

The answer to the last Riddle is the world is full of lies or love, and in the next episode, Tokaku will kill Haru and will instantly regret it (And may commit suicide afterwards).

Think about it, if Tokaku was a boy, he will be able to know why he protected Haru (as he loved her) but because she is a girl...she can only think about protecting her (or being used). Actu

In the end, Tokaku and Haru will never be together . Also the riddles actually gave us a clue so they may be BS to Tokaku but not for the viewers as it gave us hints on what to expect.
ryuixyuiJun 14, 2014 11:34 AM
Jun 14, 2014 11:35 AM
Jun 2014
Oh my gosh that last episode! Interesting input guys! Such a big twist! But I agree with the whole falling in love thing, it seemd obvious to me that Tokaku is quite emotionally stunted and doesn't know that she may be falling for Haru, thats why she decided to protect her.

Interested to learn what Nio's role is in this whole thing, i do agree that the hand=touching scene is really suspicious. And the impression i got from that scene where Tokaku told Haru that she realized protecting someone brings a lot of meaning to her life and that she is thankful for that, before she unsheathed her sword, is that it seems she is really clear now on where she stands - to protect Haru, and by some mysterious logic that Tokaku worked out, the way to protect Haru in that situation is with that black letter. And that in itself has several other possibilities - like she could have thought of some way to keep them both alive and lead a normal life after, or that she really wants to kill her though that may seem unlikely??, she could have wanted to test out her theory about the queen bee power thing, etc.

But isn't the game over? It was declared they both won in class black....unless like some people said, Nio created some puppet that looks like Tokaku, since she and te chairman are trying to convince Haru of her true powers..

Also, Tokaku might have made a wish already unbeknownst to the viewers and will be hopefully revealed in next episode!!!!

FINGERS CROSSED THIS ANIME WILL HAVE A GOOD ENDING if not, at least a satisfying ending of some sort with good closure.
Jun 14, 2014 12:06 PM
Dec 2010
Beautiful display of thick black theory at work, Yuri
Jun 14, 2014 1:44 PM
Jun 2014
Did no one else notice that the black letter was on the podium during the "true orientation" (which also implies that things were just beginning; a prelude to Tokaku fighting Haru)? I mean, the chairwoman took a LONG look at it. Then the same letter appears on Tokaku's desk. Clearly she intended to see Tokaku go after Haru. Who wouldn't want to prove, to the bitter end, the supposed ability of the future leader of the human race?

Also, I feel as if that hand grab at the end was of some significance.
Jun 14, 2014 11:20 PM
Jun 2014
Don't you guys see the honey comb like things near the end of Nio's ending? She could really be the Queen bee.
Jun 14, 2014 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah Azuma just came to talk, she's totally holding that sword for no reason.
Jun 15, 2014 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
Oh Shi-, it's reaching out it's climax. Tokaku drawing out her sword in front of Haru after her own path decision, makes me see what's the next episode looks like. At least we get to see why black class was created, and why Haru is called the "queen bee."

Nio is a cool character, felt bad about her being lonely. Her ed song is great.

Jun 15, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2014
_Hatsune said:
i saw that plot twist coming... i hope a good fight for the next episode.

Me too, i think Tokaku might be doing this just to confirm that this is her own choice and NOT some one else's who is manipulating her ... guessing she is going to stop right before kiling her
Jun 15, 2014 4:21 AM

May 2014
Sylverith said:
Instant fav ED of the whole series. Nio will forever be my best girl on ANR. Nanjo Yoshino sounds beautiful as always<3

Anyway, i kinda expected that twist since the latest ep but still, it got thrusted all on my face all of sudden and i just went all wtf-ing LOL
Expect some angst for the next episode. Well, i guess.. well it wouldn't be surprising anyway, just see it coming.

She has one of the best enigmatic charecters in the anime, but tbh the lack of charecter develepment helps :3 .... i predict a twist at the end revolving around her, it has been building up for quit a few episodes, waht tiped me off was the way she spoke to Hru ...
Jun 15, 2014 7:24 AM

Sep 2010
I thought this anime had 13 episodes but it's suddenly listed as 12?

Anyway, nice episode! Didn't expect Tokaku to go after Haru.. Actually when I saw the black letter in her drawer I thought Nio left it there, also because Nio and Haru were going so deep underground..

Very curious to see the ending.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Jun 15, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2014
Damn cliff hanger!
What will happen now... I'm not sure i want this to happen ;-;
I thought Nio would be the last D: instead it's Tokaku... Please don't die in vain Haru ;_;
Jun 15, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
Man, I feel really sorry for sensei. It seems like he really loves his job, even with just three students he keep on teaching. He's so cute by the way!
I was kind of expecting Tokaku wanting to kill Haru, I bet she feels really hurt. But there's something that doesn't fit here at all, maybe Nio has something in mind? Still she's the best character in this show. Can't wait to see how this is gonna finish.
Jun 15, 2014 3:13 PM

Sep 2013
I think tokaku wants to see if haru could have survived by her self, other then that why would tokaku turn on her, they had a good relationship going.
Jun 15, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2013
Question.... why was Tokaku even allowed into the sanctuary anyway? I thought you had to be a part of the highest order to be allowed into that cemetery? How the heck could she just waltz in with a weapon no less?

Nio as the game host is fun to watch. I was so sure that she'd pull something in the end, but now it seems like she won't have to. That said, I do believe that the situation between Tokaku and Haru is built upon the fact that neither are capable of actually opening their hearts to the other, thus allowing for any little doubt to actually drive a wedge between them. Tokaku does not believe herself to be controllable by others, and yet to her it seems that Haru's power manifested and "made" her fall under Haru's spell. Whether she did it consciously or unconsciously is besides the point at this time. Tokaku has to figure out her own emotions now, or they will destroy her in the end.

Can't wait till next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 15, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
So the thing Totaku would get out of killing Haru would be the self-assurance that she wasn't manipulated and she really did choose to protect Haru by her own will. Interesting...

I'm assuming the three spaces left to fill in for the title of the episode doesn't actually represent the amount of letters because I can't think of anything that short, lol.

I really enjoy how the chairperson's name is Yuri. Perhaps, just perhaps... xD

Totaku pls >.< Anyway, I'm really just excited for the final episode. There are a few possible endings I can imagine, so I can't wait to see how it plays out.
Jun 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Mar 2013
ryuixyui said:

In the end, Tokaku and Haru will never be together.

Well, shit ending for a bad anime.
Jun 16, 2014 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Next episode now plz? Great cliffhanger, and Nio is getting better by each episode and her ED is the best by far. I hope that neither Haru or Tokaku dies. If I went to this anime for yuri, then I god damn want some yuri.
Jun 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
Doesn't it prove that Tokaku isn't under Haru's influence if she is capable of trying to kill her? Which makes her motive to kill her pointless?
Jun 17, 2014 2:00 AM

Oct 2010
Excellent outcome! This anime was not in my top picks for this season, but after witnessing the turn of events, it has surely outdone itself. Sadly, I can't say the same for the disappointing selector infected wixxos and mekaku city actors.

There has been a lot of anime that started out strong, but failed to deliver. This anime started out average, then only grew from there.
Jun 17, 2014 8:24 PM

Nov 2012
Lol Tokaku is going to kill her waifu. I predict that the conflict will be resolve with a love confession. Then they will make out immediately.
Jun 17, 2014 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
The end is so predictable.
Jun 17, 2014 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
Nio's ending song tho. <33 Best girl in AnR.
Oh boy. I can't wait to see what happens next since Tokaku drew out her sword.
Jun 18, 2014 9:46 AM
Jun 2014
Is there an episode preview for next episode? I remember seeing one for episode 11 last week.
Jun 18, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Dashingfella said:
Is there an episode preview for next episode? I remember seeing one for episode 11 last week.

There is one for 11 and 12 on nyaa...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.