Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wait that was it?

That 'confession' was sweet. It took some guts to say that. I wish the manga was a bit longer ;.;
Jun 11, 2014 10:29 PM
Mar 2012
It all went downhill when she went out with the other guy because the MC was too pussy to tell her not too. At least it ended well, though horribly rushed.
Jun 12, 2014 12:21 AM

Aug 2010
IMO not much of a conflict and resolution to begin with ...
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jun 12, 2014 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
I expected something better from the author of Spice and Wolf. It started out good, but I agree with alexpte, it went downhill when she decided to go out with Tasuku.

This is not really chapter discussion, but why does MAL say it has 20 chapters when in fact it's over after 17?
Jun 12, 2014 1:10 AM

Jun 2011
Fruitfish said:

This is not really chapter discussion, but why does MAL say it has 20 chapters when in fact it's over after 17?

There is one special chapter about relationship progress between Kei and Yukari. And 2 more chapters are probably volumes specials.
Jun 12, 2014 1:35 AM

Apr 2013
the last words were nice
Jun 12, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2009
EHH....... EHHHH..... okay. ._.

buying out a store... she should try buying out the company, lol. and i thought she went yolo last chapter by buying some crazy risky stocks. so much for the hype..

overall, not sure what to think about the story. i like the plot; i dont like how it was executed. i wish the author spent more time developing the main characters, versus suddenly throwing in a 'villain'. maybe sales were bad and they were told to axe the manga asap, but ugh w/e. im glad i only recently picked up this manga. if i had to wait years for it, i'd probably dropped it along the way.

7/10 for being about finance, rich girl/poor guy and the challenges they face (which couldve been explored a lot better but whatever).

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/06/12/b/read539935704280f/img000035.png
what does the top panel on this page mean with the uncle and all? did she end up helping her parents or what?
Jun 12, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2012
H-Horrible...
MC is too soft for my taste, and that's probably the reason this series went downhill.. oh, and add the fact there's a slight NTR in here.

If this were a bit longer, probably it could've been better. Oh well.
Jun 12, 2014 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
hmmmmm, that seemed a little rushed for me. Could have at least made it a longer chapter.
Jun 12, 2014 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
What happened? It feels like one of those mangas that got cancelled and had to make a rush ending...
Jun 12, 2014 5:28 AM

Jul 2012
`-` Yep they patched up quite nice.
6/10 no more since after 5th chapter it started to annoy me.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jun 12, 2014 5:31 AM
Mar 2010
well that sucks more than well you get the idea I thought his was 20 chapters where the other 3
Jun 12, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2012
Wow. That abrupt ending was lame and unsatisfying...it retroactively sucked some of the enjoyment out of this manga for me. Frankly, I've seen better resolutions in the limited pages of a one-shot manga...It seems we can all agree that the manga was going downhill ever since Fujioka started dating Tasuku though. Hopefully whatever these last 3 chapters contain will redeem the ending a little bit.
Jun 12, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
Too rushed.
Jun 12, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2010
Well, I have to admit that I was wrong about Tasuku. I hadn't picked up from the previous chapter that Yukari had already offered money to help Tasuku's parents and refused. It seemed like this chapter was indicating that, but in the other chapter, she was concerned that he was only after her money. I wonder if was lost in translation or was just too vague to begin with?

As for the end, I like that Tasuku chose to be the bigger man and that Kei finally grew a pair. I really didn't think that Tasuku was really serious about her until this chapter. I really got the impression that he was with her to either learn how to make enough money to save his parents and go to graduate school in physics or to get himself a rich wife and, once they were married, use their "family" money to help his family. The fact that he cared enough about her to give her to the man who loved her more and who she loved more, is admirable.

Still, it is a bit too rushed of an ending. But I still really like the manga.

Does anyone know if the extra chapters will be done?
Jun 12, 2014 8:00 PM

Mar 2013
wth that rushing ending...
It was ok overall.. still i think it could be better =l
Jun 13, 2014 4:20 AM
Jul 2011
nah i found it pretty shit, very weak shitty plot... well i only ever read it sitting on a toilet.... it seems ntr is a common thing in romance... :L
Jun 13, 2014 4:50 AM

Mar 2013
No sexual intercourse, no kissing, no hugging, no arguing but just holding hands? Lame end :(

Jun 13, 2014 8:45 AM
Mar 2010
Yap30 said:
No sexual intercourse, no kissing, no hugging, no arguing but just holding hands? Lame end :(

Dude I think your reading the wrong mana you should try velvet kiss of your looking for those thing
Jun 14, 2014 6:02 AM

Jan 2008
Stap-dono said:
Fruitfish said:

There is one special chapter about relationship progress between Kei and Yukari. And 2 more chapters are probably volumes specials.

Where!?

I get the feeling the author wanted Tasuku to be the bad guy at first, where he was after her money. As evidenced by the fact he tried asking Kei to "push her along" before they got to her parent's issue. But I think this got the axe halfway through, since Tasuku's character took a u-turn, and made him out to be "not that kind of guy" who would simply be after money, even though earlier on, it would suggest otherwise.
Aug 10, 2014 4:21 PM

Jun 2007
BeyondDestiny said:

That was the biggest problem with the series: it had NOTHING interesting going for it aside from the author / Spice & Wolf. Or anything believable, for that matter. Forced bullshit like 'trading/having money is disgraceful!' had to be inserted to add SOME SORT of conflict.

The characters were incredibly bland and, in the heroine's case, so fake with her 'I PRESS BUTTONS; 170 BILLION!' ability that it actually reminded me of 'hacking' in old movies back when no-one knew what hacking was but put it in anyway because it seemed cool. And there wasn't any story to distract--just episodic 'I'M SCARED OF PEOPLE' and incomprehensible day trading babbling. It just pulled the recluse/socially awkward card and hoped that would be enough for a story.

S&W worked because its episodic traveling around a medieval world was married to economics and Howo's sharp wit. The economics aspect in Billionaire was just... static. A sort of shounen power-up that was supposed to make an otherwise stupid character special. It didn't. S&W defied logic by making economicsXromance work wonderfully. Billionaire, on the other hand, was every bit as boring as you'd expect.

The sudden NTR DRAMA in the final volume struck me as a desperate hail Mary. It was boring up that point, so they put economics aside and used the CHEATING RAGE card. It was terrible. No matter how much of an idiot a girl can be socially, she HAS TO be aware that going out with two guys on 'dates' 1-on-1 is bad. Yet she did. And even after hooking up with the NTR guy, she kept talking to the lead about her problems; rubbing it in. And the lead himself? He started the series as indifferent/chill and ended as a complete pussy; just watching as his 'love' was taken from him. Even the NTR guy was wrote badly: like others have said, it was heavily suggested he was after the heroine's money since he only started trying to get with her AFTER learning about his dad's financial issues. Yet the series ended by saying that wasn't the case. Seemed like a weird u-turn, to me.

PS: The art was too shoujoish and not at all memorable.
AironicallyHumanAug 10, 2014 4:37 PM
Aug 18, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
Well that ending kinda sucked. Felt too rushed and they didn't go too much into detail. But, I did enjoy reading this manga as stocks/money related stuff is a first for me.
Recommend me an anime
Sep 18, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2011
This series sucks so much. It was promising at first, but then it took for a worse turn and dive hard. In the end, Takusu is the one getting NTR'ed, and Kei, everything works out SO FUCKING FINE for this dude, the girl he loves miraculously loves him back, ditching her boyfriend / his friend, and what exactly he did? "I am too pussy to ask her out, I can't even voice my thoughts properly" for fuck's sake. He is doing pretty fine with his stock business too. Geez. Nothing is resolved, everything felt rushed. Meh, forgettable trash. <- might be too harsh, but whatever, I am pissed now.

Edit: Things started going downhill for me long before Tasuku and Yukari started dating, around chapter 6. I can see now why this got axed. Same with Samurai Chichi, both series' tone just changed all of the sudden.
ToG25thBaamSep 18, 2014 1:37 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 29, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2014
That was real rushed ending. Could have been better if the story doesn't suddenly turned to romance. Tasuku sudden changed was BS, well the manga got cancelled so.
Kei is stupid as fvck. I like the girl though, she's kinda airhead but she's adorable..

3/10
Jul 20, 2015 11:21 PM

May 2013
So harsh, you guys comments are. Sometimes I kind of doubt whether my taste is bad, because I actually love this.

It is rushed. When I read this chapter, I kept looking at the page number and wondered if this is really the last chapter. The confession happened so late you can't enjoy more moment of love from them.

I, just like the others, also kind of bothered with that Tasuku. Well, I didn't think Tasuku dated Yukari just for the money. It's kind of normal after talking with a girl (not to mention a cute) that often, you fall for her. I just didn't like it when Kei 'convinced' her to date Tasuku. Friend or not, it's just frustrating seeing him doing it.

I like Kei's psychological conflict throughout the series. I like his friends, Miya and Kimio. I like the old man. I like Yukari. When a cute girl acting cute and depends on you a lot, you can't help either get annoyed or fall for her.

Agree with everyone. This should be a few more chapters longer.

"We unknowingly live in a world where everything has a price tag. As such, we can never escape the influence of money. But the value of the things we truly desire cannot be measured by monetary standards. So it must mean that we have to go out and find them for ourselves."

Beautiful.

9/10 from me.
Jul 21, 2015 6:18 AM
Sep 2009
I have to admit I am slightly confused, was 17 the last chapter or not?
Places have it listed that its not fully finished yet. Though that chapter 17 seemed to end it and everything...
Jul 21, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2013
SSXVegeta said:
I have to admit I am slightly confused, was 17 the last chapter or not?
Places have it listed that its not fully finished yet. Though that chapter 17 seemed to end it and everything...

Yes, this is the last chapter.

If you go to the 'More Info' tab, you'll find:
Volume 1 contains the special short story novel "The Day Before."
Volume 2 contains the special short story novel "Priceless."
Volume 3 contains the special short story novel "Beautiful World."
Oct 12, 2015 12:31 PM

Oct 2008
Such a interesting premise wasted on such a mediocre half baked shounen-esque romance title...
Jan 31, 2016 2:25 PM
Feb 2015
Anyone know where can I find the 3 chapters left ? :(
Jun 8, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
Its... so plain. I like the overall story and all but everything about it was dull and redundant. Didn't bring anything new to the plate nor was the art worth it.
Sep 7, 2016 9:11 PM

Dec 2011
it would be great if the story proceed to the point where she getting swindled out of all her money and kei will be the only one left to accept her. the NTR part that makes MC realized his desire should be more concrete and not just be brushed off with tasuku backing out easily.
~part-time weaboo
Nov 16, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2008
Any reason why MAL lists 20 chapters when there were only 17?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Nov 20, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2015
I hate how the last arc consisted of romance... I was hoping for something more like spice and wolf with the MCs falling in love with each other slowly... instead we get a drama. They should had kept it strictly to stock and economic instead of doing some random baiting.

No wondered it got axed ;o and the characters went awry. Kei was too indecisive too making the romance aspects shit. It was pretty obvious their feeling are mutual, the author probably want to make some drama to make them realize their own feeling but it ended up backfiring.

Well promising start into random unnecessary drama for no particular reason. Romance should had just been a subplot.
rizuxizuNov 20, 2016 9:17 PM
Apr 16, 2018 4:57 PM

Jul 2017
Ah, I do not know how I feel about this manga, come on, I had a very interesting story at the beginning, but why did the author resort to the cliche of the romantic traits at the end? I finish by burying the sleeve, I think they canceled it, because if they look good, after entering that arch, the manga lasts a couple of chapters and ends.
I had so much potential, but it was completely wasted, I feel that the protagonists made an immense backward movement, they went from being intelligent guys at the beginning to being complete idiots.
What surprises me most, is that it is from the author of Space and Wolf, I realized after finishing the manga, I was so amazed by how mediocre it came and went from it.
5/10
~~
Mar 8, 2019 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
"why can't i stop making more money?"

a problem i wish i had.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 3, 2021 9:53 AM
Jul 2019
AironicallyHuman said:
BeyondDestiny said:

That was the biggest problem with the series: it had NOTHING interesting going for it aside from the author / Spice & Wolf. Or anything believable, for that matter. Forced bullshit like 'trading/having money is disgraceful!' had to be inserted to add SOME SORT of conflict.

The characters were incredibly bland and, in the heroine's case, so fake with her 'I PRESS BUTTONS; 170 BILLION!' ability that it actually reminded me of 'hacking' in old movies back when no-one knew what hacking was but put it in anyway because it seemed cool. And there wasn't any story to distract--just episodic 'I'M SCARED OF PEOPLE' and incomprehensible day trading babbling. It just pulled the recluse/socially awkward card and hoped that would be enough for a story.

S&W worked because its episodic traveling around a medieval world was married to economics and Howo's sharp wit. The economics aspect in Billionaire was just... static. A sort of shounen power-up that was supposed to make an otherwise stupid character special. It didn't. S&W defied logic by making economicsXromance work wonderfully. Billionaire, on the other hand, was every bit as boring as you'd expect.

The sudden NTR DRAMA in the final volume struck me as a desperate hail Mary. It was boring up that point, so they put economics aside and used the CHEATING RAGE card. It was terrible. No matter how much of an idiot a girl can be socially, she HAS TO be aware that going out with two guys on 'dates' 1-on-1 is bad. Yet she did. And even after hooking up with the NTR guy, she kept talking to the lead about her problems; rubbing it in. And the lead himself? He started the series as indifferent/chill and ended as a complete pussy; just watching as his 'love' was taken from him. Even the NTR guy was wrote badly: like others have said, it was heavily suggested he was after the heroine's money since he only started trying to get with her AFTER learning about his dad's financial issues. Yet the series ended by saying that wasn't the case. Seemed like a weird u-turn, to me.

PS: The art was too shoujoish and not at all memorable.
they actually hook up??? Like sex??
Aug 22, 2022 3:02 PM
Dec 2016
Is it really the end? Dunno manga i read usually had at least 40 chapters so this feels little strange. I love stocks topic though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Billionaire Girl Chapter 5 Discussion

ArcticMech - Mar 3, 2011

11 by cythraul »»
Oct 2, 2019 3:28 AM

Poll: » Billionaire Girl Chapter 4 Discussion

-Kazu - Jan 26, 2011

6 by cythraul »»
Oct 2, 2019 3:16 AM

Poll: » Billionaire Girl Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2013

5 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Sep 23, 2016 5:36 PM

Poll: » Billionaire Girl Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2014

11 by sometaters »»
Feb 9, 2016 1:56 PM

Poll: » Billionaire Girl Chapter 15 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

13 by blessofcurse »»
Mar 29, 2015 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.