Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Basilisk
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 26, 2008 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
This dude who has been blind for most of his life is beaten by an Iga loser who has only been blind for 5 minutes? COME ON. Very shoddy writing and an anticlimactic end to a seriously cool character. I could watch an entire anime about Hyouma, just walking up and down a mountain.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 3, 2008 6:25 AM

Jan 2008
Shut up.
D:<

Hyouma sucked. Period. Even if he wasn't blind. If Hyouma was really a badass ninja then he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked so bad.
;o

@Below-

And I'm supposed to care?
RottenGospelJul 5, 2009 2:05 AM
Feb 25, 2008 10:42 PM

Feb 2007
Wow, what a mature reply. There's go any chance of Cihan and I taking you seriously. x_x

But yeah, I did feel disappointed that Hyouma got killed by Koshirou. I thought that Hyouma was going to be tricked by Tenzen instead. Well, I've only read the manga so far; only halfway through the anime, so things might change...

...it's GONZO! Things have to change!

You know what would be better? An anime all about Saemon. ^_^
Feb 25, 2008 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
Hyouma's death was pretty lame, but I also found the ending to Basilisk just as lame (if not more so).

Cihan said:
I could watch an entire anime about Hyouma, just walking up and down a mountain.

hell yea.
Feb 26, 2008 2:21 AM

May 2007
I agree that Hyouma died in a pretty stupid way (I mean the way he was killed; not the way he actually died -- FFS! He was standing! \m/).
The way I see it, he could kill anyone; he'd just have to open his eyes.

Not sure about the manga but in the anime he had so little character development (although quite a bit compared to other characters) that it really didn't make sense to keep him alive for much longer. Too bad, really. Hyouma is awesome.

PS: I read somewhere (can't remember where) that he's not really blind. He just chooses to live as a blind man because it's too dangerous to open his eyes.
But then again, since I can't remember the source of this, it may be bs.

PPS: Hyouma ftw

Feb 26, 2008 4:05 AM

Jan 2008
Ah, more replies! :D

The thing is, I dont have a problem with the concept of him dying, or even dying standing, I just refuse to believe he would be beaten by another blind man, and a man who hasnt even been blind for very long. I just felt cheated.

Overall I wasnt too impressed with the anime, but the ending was the only logical outcome really. I mean it was even advertised as a samurai version of Romeo & Juliet, so honestly what did people expect?

Honestly...I expected Hyouma to kill everyone in Japan, that's what!!!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 29, 2008 4:57 AM

Feb 2007
Cihan said:
Ah, more replies! :D

The thing is, I dont have a problem with the concept of him dying, or even dying standing, I just refuse to believe he would be beaten by another blind man, and a man who hasnt even been blind for very long. I just felt cheated.

Overall I wasnt too impressed with the anime, but the ending was the only logical outcome really. I mean it was even advertised as a samurai version of Romeo & Juliet, so honestly what did people expect?

Honestly...I expected Hyouma to kill everyone in Japan, that's what!!!

With Saemon helping? Screw it, I'm making a Saemon thread.
Jan 16, 2011 3:13 AM

Mar 2009
Well yeah, Hyouma seemed to just die too easily.
Sep 1, 2011 10:02 PM
Sep 2011
Meh he was boring. What's the point of making a character with the exact same power as the 'hero' except that he can't control it and needs to keep his eyes closed? Then giving him 0 character development except as the hero's trainer? Yawn.
Jul 2, 2021 10:39 PM

Nov 2013
People complain that he died fighting against a character who had just turned blind, but the ironic thing is that Hyouma only lost to Koshirou precisely because Koshirou was blind, so his yellow eye power didn't work like it would if Koshirou could see. So I don't think there was a better way for him to die.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 28, 2022 12:58 PM
Sep 2019
Mummykun said:
People complain that he died fighting against a character who had just turned blind, but the ironic thing is that Hyouma only lost to Koshirou precisely because Koshirou was blind, so his yellow eye power didn't work like it would if Koshirou could see. So I don't think there was a better way for him to die.

Honestly , shouts out to you coming after 10 years of the last reply and say something logical, lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 17 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

18 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 16 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 14, 2009

24 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 15 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

15 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 14 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

28 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 13, 2009

23 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 6, 3:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.