Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Sep 30, 2009 4:13 AM

WHY?? they're all the same.

Sep 30, 2009 4:57 AM

Do you even know what Asian dramas are? No. So don't say anything.

If your impression of them is that they're all the same then you're way too narrow minded to even be allowed on a forum like these.
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
(this will come when the main site is up)
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.
Tutorial on how to resize GIF images in Photoshop CS3(avatars,signatures)

Sep 30, 2009 5:01 AM

hireshi said:
allowed on a forum like these.
I thought this was an animeforum, not an Asian drama forum. Or did you mean the subforum? If so, yeah. :|

To answer the OP: People like drama shows, why are soap operas popular? For the same reason, eventhough most drama shows are ridicolous when it comes to plot, it's still entertaining. And the Asian dramas are mostly about romance which gives a positive reaction from the female fans.

Oct 4, 2009 10:50 PM

hireshi said:

If your impression of them is that they're all the same then you're way too narrow minded to even be allowed on a forum like these.

but they really are. they all basically have the same story. you only watch them cuz you think the guys there are "HAWT". geez, get a life, stop watching stupid cliche crap.

Oct 5, 2009 12:21 AM

barcode said:
hireshi said:

but they really are. they all basically have the same story. you only watch them cuz you think the guys there are "HAWT". geez, get a life, stop watching stupid cliche crap.

Uhm, this must be a very difficult concept for you to wrap your head around, but...PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM YOURS.

And don't tell me I watch them for x reason. The only drama I've ever watched is Great Teacher Onizuka because it was an anime--I'm not even a fan of them.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.

Oct 5, 2009 10:57 AM

barcode said:
hireshi said:

Ahaha.

Also, please name the ones you've seen that are "all the same".

Oct 5, 2009 1:02 PM

you take the same kind of drug every time

they are all the same :@

Oct 8, 2009 1:20 PM

I don't know to be honest. I watch them and even think that at some point this is stupid and predictable, but I just enjoy watching dramas. I can't guess what's appealing about them, but I supposed I'm easily amused ^^;

Oct 8, 2009 3:22 PM

crying asian girls are cute!

Oct 8, 2009 5:08 PM

With that logic, you can say all anime is the same. All movies are the same, All TV shows in the US are the same.

Which is clearly not the case. There are lots of different genres, actors, plots, storylines that are used. Some of them are done over and over, but to say they are the same? Definitely not the case.

Oct 10, 2009 3:23 AM

I was completely unaware there was someone on this planet that has watched every single asian drama in existence.

Oct 10, 2009 6:40 PM

becuase of the handsome men they match my taste its very well played dramas and have a comedy side all of them why the hell would you watch the alike dramas watch something spacial and FAMOUS like hana yori dango , my boss my hero , 1 litter of tears .. etc ! anyway i only like japanese dramas they are tooo short <3 !

Perder Imperios de ilusion
Hoy no tengo nada
Si no estas Mi corazon se apaga

Oct 17, 2009 7:35 AM

barcode said:
hireshi said:

"Get a life".
That just tells it all. When someone throws out the most overused and poorest internet comment of all time, I know there's no use discussing with you. But what more to expect from a 15 year old girl.
Besides if you mean they all have the same story you truly don't know snap, or you're just incapable of reading plots.
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.

Oct 17, 2009 5:19 PM

Why are women so addicted to Asian Dramas?

That, my sir, is the real question.

Oct 18, 2009 2:55 AM

Moonfrost said:
Why are women so addicted to Asian Dramas?

That, my sir, is the real question.

That was replied as well if you read through this whole topic.
Women enjoy drama and love stories more than men, and Asian drama has loads of those. Compared to others from America, Europe, etc

Oct 28, 2009 7:49 AM
unknown956_LIFE said:

I'm no woman, I watch Asian dramas.
That's like saying Pokémon and Digimon are even remotely similar.
Asian dramas do not fall under the category of today's Japanese cartoons, please do not drag them down to their level.

Nov 4, 2009 2:24 AM
歌は愛♡歌は希望

unknown956_LIFE said:
Not really. There are many genres - it's like saying all western television shows are the same. Just look at the differences between The Office (US) and The Office (UK). It's the same show but completely different. Compare Fringe to The X-Files, etc. Dramas are the same. There are plenty of dramas that don't focus on romance just so you know.

BEGINNER

Nov 4, 2009 7:32 PM

because i lyke asian doramaa

Nov 4, 2009 8:15 PM

BECAUSE THE ACTORS/ACTRESSES ARE GOOD EYE CANDY? :3

Nov 12, 2009 10:28 AM
Because i want to take a look at japanese culture by other means than anime. Though, i still dont believe they wear sailor school uniforms. Thats staged up, right? Right?

Nov 16, 2009 1:13 PM

Ahh?... Because they include some hot guys, that's why. Well, I don't watch them really, because they sorta kill me, still the hot guys were the reason I ever watched some.

And people can get addicted to it because dramas are easy to watch, don't require thinking and are all pretty, and for people who like to watch the screen thoughtlessly it's like perfect entertainment~~ No? xD

Dec 11, 2009 9:12 AM

asian girls are cutes, thats my opinion, so thats why i likes asian drama, also, a lot of romance and young characters especially from schools or college, the only American drama that i was addicted was Prison Break,

Feb 22, 2010 5:49 PM

cuz its just good everytime?? haha

Mar 25, 2010 2:51 PM

Well, they're entertaining :D

Apr 12, 2010 2:58 PM

hireshi said:

People are free to speak their mind, and share their opinion, I do not see any reason, you telling someone else to go away.

It's just for entertainment and who cares. They're so fake so as american action movies, series (texas walker).
In asian dramas, "fate" or "destiny" happens so damn often, that it's hell alarming!
Every time I watch asian drama, the theme is about something like this: A poor girl falling in love with rich, handsome, popular guy who owns some corporation, they're having nice time and suddenly he dies... ooh.

American action stories: Yeah guns, macho, killing, heads falling etc. Who cannot say they do not know this. Especially when Bruce Willis is jumping from heli, like about 500 meters high, he jumps and act like nothing happened... or when grenade blow up his mind and he's damn alive...
wow, is he human? But it was only one example, there are tons of.

American drama? I have never watched one.

To sum it again, all are fakes.
I'd rather watch some anime.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Apr 17, 2010 6:42 PM

AngryRingo956 said:
Why do you watch anime!? They're all the frickin' same!

spupapi said:
To sum it up again, the same could be said of anime.
Modified by Nilvius, Apr 17, 2010 6:46 PM

Apr 28, 2010 1:39 PM

I don't think they're all the same.
Are you referring to the stereotypical dramas?
Maybe you're just watching all the dramas that don't interest you.
Try watching different genres maybe you'll notice how different they are.

Apr 28, 2010 1:45 PM

zuluskjar said:
Because i want to take a look at japanese culture by other means than anime. Though, i still dont believe they wear sailor school uniforms. Thats staged up, right? Right?

Yep it's real real. ^ ^
I think it's mostly Japanese Middle School and Elementary girls that wear sailor uniforms.
And I think it's mostly high schools that have the blazer and tie uniform, that look like the private school uniforms in America ( I like those the best!).

The one on the farthest left is the sailor suit style:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ichikawa_Gakuen_school_uniform.jpg
Another sailor uniform!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Japanese_school_uniform_dsc06051.jpg
Annndd..
More here types:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AHBYJRSNPCs/SMNJ2mG-yDI/AAAAAAAAAlc/nrBuBBZsy7I/s400/2008Jul12050832_5000.jpg
Modified by snowfallingxrain, Apr 28, 2010 1:51 PM

Apr 28, 2010 8:51 PM
Because they're drugs. lol

Apr 29, 2010 1:35 AM
Well because that's what they enjoy. Ofcourse.
I thought that would have been obvious to you.

May 3, 2010 4:12 PM

snowfallingxrain said:
I don't think they're all the same.
Are you referring to the stereotypical dramas?
Maybe you're just watching all the dramas that don't interest you.
Try watching different genres maybe you'll notice how different they are.

These series, movies and so on, are served just for entertainment. And it has nothing to do with the reality. I feel little strange explaining this, since this is obvious. In ancient greek, people had to perform as real as possible (I think it was Aristotle who thought up this idea). Meaning, they couldn't jump the time (i.e. "two days later"). If there was "two days later", they really had to wait two days later, to perform something, they would like. Or when they went to sleep, they really did sleep!

Nilvius said:
AngryRingo956 said:
Why do you watch anime!? They're all the frickin' same!

spupapi said:
To sum it up again, the same could be said of anime.

Yeah, and because anime is already telling that it is fake by being animated, it is easier to watch, for me.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".

May 3, 2010 11:55 PM

Drengot said:
Because they're drugs. lol

There's anime drugs, and Asian drama drugs.

It appears that we have quite a few people with upset tummies over the reason why Asian drama appears to be addicting. I believe that each anime / Asian drama / "whatever category" all have some value to other people. Therefore, it's really hard to grasp why do we "like it" or "hate it" just besides the "looks" of Asian drama. Maybe the person is very impatient as to watching some of these Asian dramas or sees two episodes and starts to feel like it's the same thing over and over.

Who knows, there's an appeal to certain anime such as Strike Witches and their NO PANTS dress code. People didn't mind it (guys probably loved it).

Asian drama appears to be caught into this "dramatic, REAL, FRESH, OH NO MAKOTO DON'T DO THAT!" kind of appeal that makes people want to stick around a bit more and watch it.

So the next time you go on and rage over why people are addicted to Asian dramas. Be prepared to defend your statement if you ask why "Naruto" or "Bleach" is so addicting.

P.S. I'm not remotely interested in Asian drama, I just want to set some sort of median before everyone goes, "IM MAD" on each other.

May 4, 2010 1:04 PM

AngryRingo956 said:

they're arent the same.

Asian dramas are better than the series that mexican TV pass. Asian dramas have better stories, better actor and actresses, better everything

May 4, 2010 1:20 PM

What is this "asian drama" stuff everyone is talking about I don't get it :|

May 4, 2010 9:18 PM

minimiau said:
AngryRingo956 said:

they're arent the same.

Asian dramas are better than the series that mexican TV pass. Asian dramas have better stories, better actor and actresses, better everything

Agreed.

SquareZ said:

If there is one kind not to watch, it's Pinoy Drama.

May 5, 2010 6:33 PM

spupapi said:

These series, movies and so on, are served just for entertainment. And it has nothing to do with the reality. I feel little strange explaining this, since this is obvious. In ancient greek, people had to perform as real as possible (I think it was Aristotle who thought up this idea). Meaning, they couldn't jump the time (i.e. "two days later"). If there was "two days later", they really had to wait two days later, to perform something, they would like. Or when they went to sleep, they really did sleep!

Indeed they are for entertainment purposes,and I do find them entertaining.
The comment about Greek performances is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Is it obvious because I didn't know that? ^ ^; So if they had to sleep, the audience would come back the next day for when the person awoke?I think that would actually be a very interesting performance to watch.
Since the Romans adopted much of their culture from the Greek, did they do the same too?
Sorry if this has become a history lesson, but it's very interesting.

And by the way, I'm a tad on the slow side, so I don't quite understand why you pointed out Greek performances in relation to my comment.
If you're referring to my comment on 'stereotypical dramas', what I meant was that there are some dramas that are very cliche'-with the same type of characters, plots, climax, and ending, so it bores the audience.

May 7, 2010 10:45 PM

Samm said:

SquareZ said:

If there is one kind not to watch, it's Pinoy Drama.

I lol'd.

I mostly watch Asian Dramas because the girls are hott (Y)
Most are corny, its just a break I take form anime.
I do enjoy quite a few dramas.
Not stuff like Smiling Pasta, the guy is unbearable and girl whinges an awful lot.

Maybe Brown Sugar Macchiato or Boys Before Flowers.

May 8, 2010 2:47 PM

snowfallingxrain said:
spupapi said:

Indeed they are for entertainment purposes,and I do find them entertaining.
The comment about Greek performances is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Is it obvious because I didn't know that? ^ ^; So if they had to sleep, the audience would come back the next day for when the person awoke?I think that would actually be a very interesting performance to watch.
Since the Romans adopted much of their culture from the Greek, did they do the same too?
Sorry if this has become a history lesson, but it's very interesting.

And by the way, I'm a tad on the slow side, so I don't quite understand why you pointed out Greek performances in relation to my comment.
If you're referring to my comment on 'stereotypical dramas', what I meant was that there are some dramas that are very cliche'-with the same type of characters, plots, climax, and ending, so it bores the audience.

No, I was comparing, explaining how "reality" and "TV, PC screen, theatre" are different from each other. I said, it is obvious, that asian dramas are fake. Fake meaning by how unreal it is. Action acted by actors in such dramas, are obviously different, from what people would really do in real life.
To sum it, pretty much any action, drama, romance and everything with purpose of entertaining is fake. And that's why Aristotle (I think it was him, but am not sure) came up with idea, to make everything as close as possible to reality. And to your question
snowfallingxrain said:
No, Romans only took the best of Greek.

May 14, 2010 2:54 AM
People so addicted to Asian dramas. It may be due to their effectiveness of presentation and may be they are very affecting to people. May be due to their perfectness.

May 14, 2010 5:33 PM

Why do people watch the news, music videos, or reality tv? It's entertainment. Dramas are no different.

May 16, 2010 12:35 PM

Prinny666 said:
Why do people watch the news, music videos, or reality tv? It's entertainment. Dramas are no different.

i must agree there

--The dawn is darkest before the sunrise--

May 16, 2010 8:02 PM

AngryRingo956 said:

you could say that about anime

hurr

Jun 19, 2010 12:57 PM

hireshi said:

When someone throws out the most overused and poorest internet comment of all time, I know there's no use discussing with you. But what more to expect from a 15 year old girl.

Oh my good gracious.

And you simply can't tell me at least some are basically the same story/concept, taken and re-digested with new characters. It happens in American television/comics and Asian television/comics.

I'm not even sure if The Office (UK/US) and Ugly Betty (CB/US) should count in this kind of discussion since they're different interpretations of the same show in different languages.

Anyway, my concerns over the matter: Its entertainment, and I certainly dgaf.

Jun 21, 2010 5:41 AM

AngryRingo956 said:

They're not, every plot is unique and really thought through. Now american shows, they are all the same! F.ex: Lost and Prison Break, trying to get out, trying to get back in.

Jul 7, 2010 10:32 AM

AngryRingo956 said:

All the same? ....o.O.... Stuff like Rookies & Gokusen is very similar in story/theme yes... but... theres alot of different drama.... I think cos most people only rant about the ones with the pretty in... but theres loads of stuff thats not the same.....

As for why... well I love Japan... the reason I started watching lots & lots more recently is Koizora(movie not TV). My friend found it randomly on ebay & we started googling. Found Samurai High School... & then I found & loved Rookies. It made me like baseball XD tis loopy...
UK drama is very limited & mainly meh, US drama... well theres so much of it, I watch loads of that too... but Jdrama is... more fun? More light hearted? Of what I've seen... it doesn't feel the same as western drama, & I like that about it too :)

Panzerseed said:
AngryRingo956 said:

They're not, every plot is unique and really thought through. Now american shows, they are all the same! F.ex: Lost and Prison Break, trying to get out, trying to get back in.

Ok... I don't agree with 'all american shows are the same' either lol, cos they're not either XD
And I do not accept Lost & Prison Break being compared... two completely different kettles of fish O_O
Modified by Meimi132, Jul 7, 2010 10:39 AM

Jul 12, 2010 4:58 AM

Jul 12, 2010 5:42 AM

Because most Asianovelas have fantastic plots :3

Jul 15, 2010 3:45 AM
momochanloves said:
Because most Asianovelas have fantastic plots :3

Yes like Greed of Heart, So much emotion in that

Jul 18, 2010 1:20 PM

Prinny666 said:

Yep, Im agree with this. iT explains a lot

Aug 9, 2010 12:40 AM

It's true that many Asian Dramas follow the same formula. Over & over & over again. You pretty much already know the over-used plot line & (if you're a true fanatic) can probably already guess what the ending will be. Asian Dramas practically ooze cheesiness to it's viewers.

But that is why we love Asian Dramas so much.

It's so full of cheesiness that you can't find in life or in Hollywood. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll drool (over the sexiness of these men), & you become involved in the main characters' story. Sure you may feel a sense of de ja vu when watching dramas since they all follow the same general plot lines - but it's those general plot lines that keep us watching.

Every now & then, you'll stumble upon a diamond among the lumps of coals that renew your love for this genre. It may have that "something special" that sets it apart from it's coal cousins. It may be a uniquely driven plot, great character development, or just plain & simply could be many sexy testosterones taking over your computer screen. Whatever the reason may be, everyone has their diamond(s) that they cherish.

I don't know if I've said this enough... but did I mention the hot guys? (:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »