Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this was what I had expected - a sister who has endless thoughts about her sibling. And like I had thought, she'd try to sneak into the same bed as him. Typical episode.
Jun 30, 2014 1:48 PM
Aug 2011
That picture with the girl pointing and with that facial expression is everything I hate in a character.
Aug 31, 2014 1:37 PM
Jul 2013
Has the first episode ever been released yet? lol
Sep 7, 2014 4:22 AM

Aug 2014
Hawkki said:
Has the first episode ever been released yet? lol
This.
Sep 18, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
This looks like a very old anime...
Oct 4, 2014 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, this is boring as hell. This is the first time i drop smth after watching the very first episode.
Oct 31, 2014 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
I am looking at the Japanese-language Wikipedia page which is about the manga
and the drama CD. Also, there is an official webpage. This OVA is bundled with
Volume 5 of the manga which went on sale on September 18th. So my impression
is that this is just a marketing gimmick to promote sales of the manga. They are
calling this OVA "Episode 1", which suggests to me that we will be seeing a second
episode coming out some day.

Note that it is a DVD that comes bundled with the manga volume, not a Blu-ray.
So apparently there is no way to get it on Blu-ray. That seems kind of sad. By
the way, don't think of the DVD as a "free gift". If you buy the special limited
edition of Volume 5, it costs 3200 Yen + tax. If you buy the regular manga
volume then it only costs 429 Yen + tax.

okanaganNov 2, 2014 8:29 PM
Nov 2, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2012
Typically I SHOULD like this kind of anime, but for some reason it felt kind of plain after a while. For some reason Koshimizu Ami acted like an amateur voice actor which kind of bothers me.

Since there's a preview there might be another episode coming out. Probably not going to watch.
Nov 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Oct 2012
@eeveelugia

And she has no excuse for sounding like an amateur voice actress. She has had
a very long career and is a veteran. See here for a list of the stuff she has done:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ami_Koshimizu

If you feel that she was "phoning it in" this time, ask yourself why she should
have made her best effort for something that is merely a bundled DVD? Who is
even going to watch this?

I really liked the voice performance by the voice actress who did the narration,
Sayaka Ohara (大原 さやか). It is astounding to look at the long list of roles
that she has done over the years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayaka_Ohara

Despite the problems, I hope that people will at least give this OVA series until
Episode 2 before they drop it. After all, what good "one-sided brocon" anime
series has there been since "Kiss x sis" (OVA series 2008, TV series 2010) and
of course "OniAi" (2012)? Besides, both "Kiss x sis" and "OniAi" were ordinary
comedy, whereas this is "four panel" (yonkoma). Another very good "one-sided
brocon" is "Sakura Diaries" (OVA series, 1997), except that they are cousins.
There is a bit of "one-sided brocon" subtext in "My sister is an Osaka mama".
okanaganNov 2, 2014 1:52 AM
Nov 3, 2014 1:10 AM

Mar 2013
I agree with this look like an old anime but it were really funny,
So the all day she babbling about her brother love
to her, when actully she is the 1 who still have feelings
for him.
Nov 3, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2013
That sister is a big delusional, they can manage to do some hilarious things with this.

okanagan said:
I am looking at the Japanese-language Wikipedia page which is about the manga
and the drama CD. Also, there is an official webpage. This OVA is bundled with
Volume 5 of the manga which went on sale on September 18th. So my impression
is that this is just a marketing gimmick to promote sales of the manga. They are
calling this OVA "Episode 1", which suggests to me that we will be seeing a second
episode coming out some day.

Note that it is a DVD that comes bundled with the manga volume, not a Blu-ray.
So apparently there is no way to get it on Blu-ray. That seems kind of sad. By
the way, don't think of the DVD as a "free gift". If you buy the special limited
edition of Volume 5, it costs 3200 Yen + tax. If you buy the regular manga
volume then it only costs 429 Yen + tax.

Well... that's what OVAs normally are...
Nov 3, 2014 4:07 AM

Feb 2014
I just had to drop this early in the episode. Those subtitles are hurting my brain, they look like copypasted google translate subs. I wonder if anyone else will take up the subbing though, considering it took this long for the first sub to come out.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 3, 2014 7:40 AM

Sep 2014
This was really horrible.. I can't watch anymore, blaurgh
Nov 3, 2014 7:50 AM

Jul 2010
Some panty flash would have made this OVA fun.
yeo
Nov 3, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2013
Would be much better as shorts....
Moya has a sexy body.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 3, 2014 1:34 PM
Jan 2011
Talk about projection. The girl is insane. The story could be interesting. If they got the quality of Oreimo this show could be interesting. This serie does have some funny situations.
xsilicon9Nov 3, 2014 8:15 PM
Nov 7, 2014 12:16 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
shirozuki said:
Exactly, way better if it was short.
It felt unnecessary long for some reason... the premise is interesting but that girl is one of those type of characters that I don't like. But her imagination and those situation were funny.... poor brother for having such a delusional and perverted sister.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
In fact, there are shorts. There are six of them. They are about five minutes
long each. I think they are the same performers. They are similar, but the
animation is less elaborate. Definitely it is better to watch the shorts than to
watch this one long episode. The shorts mostly overlap with this OVA, but
they also cover some other material from the manga.

The Japanese-language Wikipedia article about the series here . . .
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A7%89%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B0_%E9%9D%84%E5%AD%90%E5%A7%89%E3%81%95%E3%82%93%E3%81%AE%E6%AD%A2%E3%81%BE%E3%82%89%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E3%83%A2%E3%83%8E%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0
. . . describes the six-episode "fan disk" (ファンディスク) in this way:

アニメイトのレーベル「あにぷぅ」より『姉ログ 靄子姉さんの本編を飛び出して
も止まらないモノローグ』のタイトルで2014年4月18日に発売内容は本編の6話
分のエピソードなどをFlashアニメ化したもので、担当声優はドラマCD版に準じて
いる。
okanaganNov 10, 2014 12:14 AM
Nov 8, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Too much...At first, the running gag of the sister being an asshole was okay but then it just started getting redundant. Eventually, I just started to hate her.

SheyCroix said:
shirozuki said:
Exactly, way better if it was short.
It felt unnecessary long for some reason... the premise is interesting but that girl is one of those type of characters that I don't like. But her imagination and those situation were funny.... poor brother for having such a delusional and perverted sister.

^
Nov 9, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
Criminally underrated (at 6.35 atm, hopefully it will atleast break the mid to high 7's in the future) and unjustly trashed. This Ova was really cute and quite humurous, and the series is overflowing with potential. I even decided to give the manga a go and i almost never do that if i can avoid it.

Mc Moyako is SOOO HOT/CUTE. Her character design is bonkers, and i rarely fixate much on trivial things like that.. Even akira is probably one of the most pleasing to the eye Male Mc i have ever seen. That being said the animation is lackluster due to low budget, but the vibrant colors and designs more than make up for it!

Solid performances by Ami and Takahiro, sure it might not be their best ever, but it gets the job done. Fanservice was nice as well, albeit kept to a minimum (for now?).

9/10 so far, hope there are many more to come in a somewhat timely fashion, ideally in the form of an Anime Adaption (seems unlikely but one can hope..).

Note that the subs are atrocious. Luckily with a basic grasp of Anime Japanese even the crappy subs can suffice, spelling, grammar, and translation errors galore be damned.
Nov 9, 2014 8:52 PM

Oct 2012
@SlickDragon:

A good summary. I think that this OVA is outstanding if you judge it in terms of its
purpose, which is as a marketing tool for the manga. Yes, I also like the character
design for the main character. Certainly, the animation is limited. However, the
manga itself is not animated at all. If you like the premise of the story and want
to see it in the form of a gag manga, then this OVA will sell you. On the other
hand, some people might find the MC annoying and the whole concept pointless.
No amount of additional effort spent on the animation quality is going to change
people's minds. I hope that the older sister can overcome her creepy obsessions
with her younger brother. Either that, or they can become a One True Pair. In
the meantime, this is funny.

For those among you who live in Japan and want to get married to your blood-
related siblings, it looks like you are out of luck. Hey, sorry, but I didn't make
the rules. Here are the specific legal details: (All of this is written in Japanese.)

民法 第734条 近親者間の婚姻の禁止
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE-1i-vhp38

民法第734条
http://ja.wikibooks.org/wiki/%E6%B0%91%E6%B3%95%E7%AC%AC734%E6%9D%A1

義兄弟姉妹
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%BE%A9%E5%85%84%E5%BC%9F%E5%A7%89%E5%A6%B9

単語記事: 民法第734条
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E6%B0%91%E6%B3%95%E7%AC%AC734%E6%9D%A1
[ They give specific examples of relevant anime series. ]
okanaganNov 9, 2014 9:24 PM
Nov 10, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
@okanagan

I had meant to praise your comments in my previous post, but was falling asleep so missed the chance. I (belatedly) acknowledge your strong and informative contributions!

Yes i understand the point of the Ova was to get people to check out the manga. That being said having to spend nearly 10x the price of a volume of manga to get it with Volume 5 seems a bit questionable since why would non-fans give it a try? 1 episode and a (potentially useless) Volume 5 to a newcomer for over 3k yen doesn't seem like a great lure.

That being said for those of us on Mal or whatever that catch the Ova, it has one of the more appealing premises and foundations to jump into the manga to continue the ride. Luckily our Fan Translations of the manga are alive so Westerners/Gaijin have a chance at experiencing it.

I love the Mc, her delusions and denial are full of win, and also make her even more Moe than she normally is. Yes i understand that the animation wasn't a key focus and it wouldn't be much of an allure to potential fans anyways, so there was no point going bankrupt for it. I was just pointing out theoretical "flaws" with the Ova, but even still they certainly don't merit the absurdly low score.

I'm heavily leaning towards OneTruePair for them, they are so cute together and they would be one of the Hottest Couples in anime/manga ever. I'd have to get on with the manga to see if that is even a theoretical possibility (might be way more Gag focused as opposed to Potential Romance).

Even if it is there is Romance potential there are two huge roadblocks-

A) Moyako has to realize that she is the one that is fixated with her brother and is into him. Even if she does come to this realization, she would then have to battle her mindset throughout the years of being against their union..

B) Akira has shown no inclination to liking Moyako more than a regular sibling whatsoever. The initial childhood scene of when he asked Moyako to marry him is just normal children talk (as an aside she had incredibly large breasts at that preteen age..). As such the whole basis for Moyako's "worry" is pretty foolhardy. We know though that her own feelings are likely more than that of a normal sibling, so she projects her longings onto Akira, making him the culprit. Women become crazy when marriage is thrown into the equation, so it's possible that the childhood confession/marriage proposal helped win her over, and she has been building on it since. But Akira would have to either secretly be into her, or have to accumulate feelings and physical attraction to Moyako before they had any chance of being together. I guess she can help the cause by trying to seduce him, but that is far out there and way ahead of the game.

Yes Incestual Marriage among real siblings is illegal in Japan. This is probably the main roadblock for Moyako and is preventing her from addressing her fixation on her brother, since she knows it's futile since they won't be able to get married. That being said Incest is LEGAL in Japan. Only marriage is prohibited.. If they really wanted to be together there would be few impediments. I don't morally support either Homosexual nor Incestual relations. That being said do Gay people in japan not live together or have relationships just because it's illegal to marry? Around the majority of the world where it's illegal does that stop gays from being together? Usually not. As such I don't see why incestual couples in Japan would care much if they can get married or not as long as it's not illegal to be together.
SlickDNov 10, 2014 11:23 AM
Nov 15, 2014 1:45 AM

Oct 2012
After watching this, I happened to watch "Oneechan ga Kita" (お姉ちゃんが来た)
literally "My big sister arrived" ( January 2014 ). In Oneechan ga Kita, they are
not blood-related. The older sister has some kind of strong affection for her
younger brother. I find it a lot more entertaining than Ane-log.
Nov 15, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2013
Interesting. I decided not to give Oneechan a try even due to it's pathetic 3 mins an episode duration, since I'm not fond of those super short shows. Still if you advocate that it may even be better than Ane-Log I may look into it. Unfortunately even if it's interesting the chances of a proper full (2nd?) season for it seem to be slim to none at best.. To make matters worse the source material doesn't seem to have a translation either. Finally I really dislike the step-sibling aspect (kissXsis is an exception, but even then the other females are what keep me interested), and thats one of the main draws for Ane-Log since it atleast has real siblings.
Nov 15, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
Having watched all 13 episodes, I guess I would say that the entire concept of
Onee-chan ga kitaa is completely different since there is no romantic subtext
at all. Rather, the older sister grew up alone and always had a dream that
she could have a younger sibling, whether brother or sister. She just wants
somebody to nurture. So she became overly-enthusiastic after she learned
that her mother was going to re-marry and that she would get a younger
step-brother. After this is established in the first episode, the remainder of
the series involves her creating trouble for him in every possible way. But her
heart is in the right place. I won't go as far as saying I would recommend it.

Obviously, Kiss×sis is an acknowledged classic, being sure to include both the
ongoing OVA series as well as the 2010 TV series. However, it stretches a bit
beyond the conventional boundary of Ecchi, and I normally fast-forward a
lot to jump over some scenes when I re-watch the series. Also, one has to be
careful to make sure that nobody happens to look over one's shoulder at an
unlucky moment. I love the animation, character designs and characterizations
and can never get enough of it. Thankfully, there is no sign that the OVA
series will ever end.

In this same vein, I never stop enjoying re-watching "Oniichan no Koto Nanka
Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!!?" (2011) also known as "I Don't Like You at
All, Big Brother!". Here is the Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Don%27t_Like_You_at_All,_Big_Brother!
If you watch Episode 7 where they all visit Akihabara in Tokyo, you can
clearly see large posters advertising Kiss×sis. So I guess there must be some
kind of connection. In addition to that, Episode 10 happened to be aired
(on one TV channel at least) at precisely the same time that the 2011/3/11
earthquake and tsunami happened. By a horrific coincidence, Episode 10
features a brief scene where some of the characters are swept out to sea
by an enormous wave. So that episode was omitted when the series re-ran.
Nov 15, 2014 7:12 PM

Mar 2013
Yeh not really overally interested in Onee Chan.

Kiss X Sis is a classic. Yes it really does push the ecchi boundries, especially the Ova. Sadly it was announced a few months ago that the Ova will end this April after the 12th and final episode.. Not sure if we will ever see any move Kiss X Sis animated, although the chances for a season 2 aren't 0 (although that will have censorship issues since they can't get away with as much as the ova does).

Oniichan no Koto is an anime I can't get myself to give a try.. Terrible ratings, and ATROCIOUS designs are a real turn off, even if the OreImo vibes are alluring. Interesting thing about the earthquake.
Nov 29, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
What the hell is wrong with the sister? She is nuts!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Dec 20, 2014 10:35 PM

Jun 2013
Moya-nee, you are obviously overthinking things :)
Dec 21, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2014
It was funny the first few times, it got very repetitive very quick

Dec 23, 2014 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
Weird.
Jan 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
Hahaha.
I read the manga, but man this is still funny in its own way.
The sister does not know that she is a huge bro-con lol.
Feb 13, 2015 2:35 AM

Jan 2014
I just discovered a new guilty pleasure anime. T.T
Feb 16, 2015 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
Loved this ep. Man, Moyako is so hot, I needed more ecchi here! Cow's Moyako is just HNNNG. I wish I lived with such hot brocon sister alone, I would answer all her expectations XD
Wincest is wincest, what can I say. I love big sisters, Chifuyu-nee, Ako and Riko-nee are my fav but Moya-nee became my favorite already too <3 Hovewer I still prefer imoutos.

it seems there is no doujinshi about them yet on exhentai... well there are still some Chifuyu-nee x Ichika.
tsundereharasserFeb 16, 2015 4:37 AM
May 17, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
Despite her obsession by brother I still find Moyako pretty lovable character. She is smart, beautiful and reliable big sister all the time when her schizophrenic way of thinking is off. And her way of thinking is pretty fun to watch indeed :D

Also I loved her voice (Koshimizu Ami didn't catch my attention before though the name sounds familiar) and MC who gives an image of rational person which is rare in ecchi stuff imho.
Jun 23, 2015 10:47 PM

Aug 2014
I love Moyane. Im glad that she actually looks like an amazon chick.
Jun 24, 2015 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
This is the type of anime that should only be 3 minutes long -.- It feels like a chore watching it through to the end.
Dec 3, 2015 5:29 PM

Jan 2012
Her imagination is so big .

Oct 2, 2016 4:05 AM

Nov 2011
In the first minutes of viewing, I thought it would be quite boring narration, since in the end it is a one-way monologue; rather it is the discussion on the Moyako brother Akira pretty funny. Drawings and scenarios, really beautiful and special.
The part where Moyako thinks he is a cow, it's fun. XD
Dec 7, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2013
Moyako was hot.
Her delusions were really over the top, haha.

Isn't it opposite b/w Moyoko and her brother contrary to what she thinks? lol

But the ep was unnecessary long. It was better off as a short.
FinalFlash18Dec 7, 2016 7:06 AM
Apr 27, 2017 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Well it was funny at times, expected a bit more fanservice.
Oct 31, 2017 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
And who's the real pervert here, Moyako onee-san?
Pretty girl, but such a shame she has a small brain. 10 years ago are just a kids play. It's her that is obsessed instead. Her delusion has no limits.
Jan 18, 2018 5:44 AM

May 2016
This was plain boring except the Milk scene.
Nov 11, 2018 3:51 AM
Nov 2018
ajsjsjakskjajajaajshajjs
Nov 23, 2021 3:58 AM

May 2020
She with her misunderstandings, literally knows no boundaries whatsoever.
Oct 17, 2022 12:42 AM
May 2021
This girl overthinks too much 🤣🤣
Dec 2, 2022 5:30 PM
Nov 2022
We'd all love a sister like her.
Mar 30, 2023 4:02 PM
May 2019
Absolutely hysterical. Gave this series a 10/10.
Jul 30, 2023 10:24 AM

Dec 2022
Moyako has some imagination, projecting her own lustful fantasies onto Akira, while he's completely unaware of all it.

Very entertaining. Moyako has a hot and memorable character design too.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ane Log Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

32 by Imwatchinganime5 »»
Apr 9, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Ane Log Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

22 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 30, 2023 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.