Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2014 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
You are correct. My idea of killing the killer wouldn't be applied unless there was a 100% certainty of guilt. Someone found dead in your house, and you're the only one with the key? We'll hold you in lock-down and investigate. You were caught on film while stabbing someone to death? See you in the after-life. It's simple.
Jun 10, 2014 6:24 PM
Apr 2014
Yea, that is agreeable. The only problem is again, very political. If Rentaro puts these people in jail, he would become very unpopular. Also, even though he has the rank authority, not one person of security would listen to him. He has the official power, but he does not command actual respect.
Jun 10, 2014 6:24 PM
Jun 2014
this episode in a few words, leave the assholes in the city to die o3o
Jun 10, 2014 6:27 PM

Feb 2011
Feels rollercoaster
i would... have a hard time defending humanity after that..

Jun 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
That is because as he is right now, Rentarou doesn't deserve any respect. Commanding respect requires a toughness of character that Rentarou lacks completely. Rentarou is mostly useless outside of battles.
Jun 10, 2014 6:32 PM
Apr 2014
Yea, of course you are right in that regard DmonHiro, btw I messaged you so check your IB. Yea, he's naive in that regards.
Jun 10, 2014 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
DmonHiro said:
To the people asking if I'm joking with my spoiler:
You guys ARE aware that the author's main inspiration for his work is Urobochi Gen, right?

Second that. That claim is actually true. The LN author happens to be a huge fan of nitro+ and Gen Urobuchi's works and Black Bullet is inspired by Gen's works

Another thing to point out is that author even originally wanted Rentaro to have a Kiritsugu Emiya type personality before ditching that idea feeling that such personality will not fit into the setting he was writing in. Thus being said, the similarities between Rentaro and Emiya is noticeable, as both are pragmatic utilitarians. The only significant different between Rentaro and Emiya is that Emiya takes his ethics to the most extreme level.

I wouldn't say that Rentaro IS an Emiya type character, but I could say he's dangerously becoming one.
Jun 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
Well Rentarou should of just sided with the Gastrea with the deaths of all those lolis
Jun 10, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2011
I knew this would happen but...GODDAMMIT!!!

Dammit all! I'd like those assholes who killed the kids put in the front lines, try to fight them and see how helpless they without the cursed children and gets eaten alive.

Those girls had dreams. The other wants to become a florists, one is a teacher, others wants to grow up and marry Rentarou...

It's just...really depressing.
MagitoJun 10, 2014 7:36 PM
Jun 10, 2014 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was really damn sad...
Jun 10, 2014 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
UnbornMVs said:
[http://i.imgur.com/ctKJY5y.jpg]
^^
This xD

well i was waiting for someone to do this that whole scene was just asking to for it

plot twist Rentaro turns into the grim reaper seeking his revenge on all humanity with his army of lolis.

In all seriousness though i don't see how anyone can want to protect these people anymore after this.
Jun 10, 2014 7:39 PM

Nov 2012
damn, this episode got me so angry.
Rentarou should just take all the curse children and make another city just for them and the people who don't discriminate the curse children. I want to see what would those assholes think when there is no one to fight the gastrea.
Jun 10, 2014 7:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Damn, loli massacre, so sad to see Enju depressed.

These cursed children fighting to protect the Tokyo area and the anti cursed children extremist commit a massacre against them. Such cruel world.

I'd rather see Enju, Tina, and Kisara ride on a gastrea and watch the Tokyo area burn.

Jun 10, 2014 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
feels ~ woot! this episode made me cry
enju-chan fight-o! can't wait for the next episode :)
Jun 10, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
At least he gets to experience happiness before despair again.
Jun 10, 2014 8:36 PM

Feb 2014
This show never allows for an extended happy moment. A bit of good feels for a while, and then they're crushed under a mountain of dread, death, and despair.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Jun 10, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2009
Wow. everyone just had to throw a death flag.
[right]

Jun 10, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2012
His Loli Kingdom just got destroyed. I guess humanity is not that worth saving after all.
Jun 10, 2014 9:12 PM

Dec 2013
AxelcG said:
His Loli Kingdom just got destroyed. I guess humanity is not that worth saving after all.

Yeah man. Just when I thought his loli army is getting way out of hand, that bomb saved the series. Well at least it ended with a 'bang'.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 10, 2014 9:24 PM

Dec 2011
Such a sad episode... the girls who lost her eyes is the cause! Oh my goodness. And it looks like our favorite villain Kagetane is coming back!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2012
Poor Rentaro and Enju.

The war fighting begins next episode.

Great episode!!!
Jun 10, 2014 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
Man what an episode...such an emotional episode I didn't see it coming. I feel horrible for Enju and Rentaro, even Tina. This discrimination is too much! It's not like they asked to become Cursed Children, why discriminate against them they don't deserve that. Cursed Children have every right to live just like everyone else. Humanity is a messed up race sometimes. Why people do this is beyond me. Then Monolith 32 collapsing a day earlier due to the wind breaking it down. Time to get back to work the Gastrea are coming! It also looks like a familiar face will be showing up again! Fantastic episode 5/5! Cant wait for next week!
Jun 10, 2014 9:52 PM

May 2014
-_-

Rentarou's goin' loli...haha...gonna wait for the next episode
Jun 10, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
great episode. i didn't see that ending coming with the cursed children. it was really sad.

finally rentarou asked the ultimate question- why are they protecting the lives of scum who discriminate and dehumanize the cursed children? it's almost as if he sided with kagetane for a second before kisara brought him back in line.

also,it seems like kagetane will be back next episode. looking forward to it
Jun 10, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
Black Bullet after this episode being the best anime of the season for me
Rentarou intero made a harem of lolis in this episode, but he lost them = (
the beginning of the episode is quiet and even a bit of romance between Rentaro and Kisara, then became dramatic and sad and in the end falls monolith and the fight cons gastreas begin
seems that there is some frame behind it all that, this final bow this very good ..
Jun 10, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Isn't Varanium supposed to be some expensive and rare resource? How the heck did the bombers get their hands on it?

If the world I'm trying to protect is like that, I think I'd just ally myself with Kagetane. I'm going to go and watch a healing SoL now, I'm sad >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 10, 2014 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
gust11 said:
Aw, the feels this episode... I really liked the development with Kisara and Rentaro, it was a very cute and light hearted episode until the anime reminded me that humans are stupid idiots that don't deserve to be saved... Gosh they're just children! How could they do something like that... And then when Enju still wanted to watch Tenchu Girls with them... And then he read all of their dreams and the last one was asking for him to wait for the girl to grow up and be beautiful... WHY!!! T^T

I was about to cry myseld when that happened Justice and vengeance will be brought down on thos bastards.
Jun 10, 2014 10:30 PM
Oct 2012
Throw me in the bandwagon of saving the lolis and the named characters and letting the Tokyo Area burn.

I'm SO glad NGNL aires only a day after this. I need some healing.
Jun 10, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
Well I did not expect to be balling my eyes out today, but then Black Bullet came along. Damn, that was hard to watch. I couldn't even be mad at the time because I was so sad.

AND a bunch of assholes beat up loli Kayano Ai. Not cool, not cool at all...

Then on top of that, you find out that someone related to Kisara (assuming her brother?) was responsible for building monolith 32. And it seems that the monolith was faultily constructed and that it was intentional.

STOP BRINGIN ME DOWN BLACK BULLET!!

Fiji said:
Such a sad episode... the girls who lost her eyes is the cause! Oh my goodness. And it looks like our favorite villain Kagetane is coming back!

I think she was just praying as the monolith was falling. Rentaro already said the wind caused the collapse.

Akichi said:
Throw me in the bandwagon of saving the lolis and the named characters and letting the Tokyo Area burn.

I'm SO glad NGNL aires only a day after this. I need some healing.

Agreed. That should literally be the show now.

And yes now that the 2 sad episodes of NGNL are past we can heal.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanJun 11, 2014 8:31 AM
Jun 10, 2014 10:52 PM

Feb 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Fiji said:

I think she was just praying as the monolith was falling. Rentaro already said the wind caused the collapse.

Is there any possibility that she can call the wind?

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jun 10, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2013
So sad. Very sad. When I saw Rentarou reading the papers of what would they like to be when they grow up, it pierced my heart. Poor children. :(

Yes! Kagatane is alive!
Jun 10, 2014 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
Wow. Just fucking wow. I'm utterly disgusted with this author. That was completely unnecessary and just plain cruel. I don't think even Urobuchi Gen is this cruel and Urobuchi's cruelty generally seems governed by reason (I haven't played Saya no Uta, though).

This author though? Nah, let's just add sad shit that serves no purpose as it has already been exceedingly well established that the cursed children are hated and oppressed. I already felt he was pushing it when that cursed child was forced onto the ground and shot point blank by the police, and the blind cursed child's story about pouring lead into her own eyes. There's no making excuses for the bullshit that just occurred in this episode, however, and he even saw it fit to bring the blind cursed child back for one more kick in the gut.

Fucking emphatically dropped. I think this might be the first time I've dropped something out of sheer disgust.
Jun 10, 2014 11:36 PM

Feb 2008
Ironic.
I really liked this episode despite the author's ruthlessness towards those kids. I sort of saw it coming though...remember Kayo?
In a setting like BB's this sort of thing is rather likely to happen. Morality isn't really people's concern anymore when they are driven by fear and hatred.

Gotta say, he has some ba**s to pull off stuff like this.
Quite resembles a similar shock value to Madoka Ep.3.

Judging from the preview I believe we'll be getting some action next week! Less killing! Yay!
Jun 10, 2014 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
Wow this episode went from Rentaro king of loli's to serious monolith has collapsed. Holy shit that was a sad episode, and what crazy build up

ol' maskey returns
Jun 10, 2014 11:39 PM
Dec 2012
There's so few on those survivors worth to be saved
Jun 10, 2014 11:41 PM
Jun 2014
Woah! What a heart-wrenching episode. I didn't expect it at all... I honestly thought that the 10th episode would be more action packed. Those poor girls with hopes and dreams... :( The people who are discriminating against cursed children are so barbaric... Such a cruel, cruel world out there....

Hooray for Rentaro and Kisara bonding time though!

Despite the depressing episode, it was a good episode.
Can't wait for next week's episode!
Jun 10, 2014 11:42 PM

Jan 2008
EuleriEpsilon said:
Ironic.
I really liked this episode despite the author's ruthlessness towards those kids. I sort of saw it coming though...remember Kayo?
In a setting like BB's this sort of thing is rather likely to happen. Morality isn't really people's concern anymore when they are driven by fear and hatred.

Judging from the preview I believe we'll be getting some action next week! Less killing! Yay!

If this was Black Bullet episode 3 and was the first time we'd ever seen violence against cursed children, you might have a point.

Episode 3 of Madoka was extremely different from everything that came before and nothing up to that point suggested what would actually happen.

But here, in your own post regarding this episode of BB, you say "I sort of saw it coming though."

It's not shock value. This is episode 10 and the author just enjoys piling on unnecessary sadness using the cursed children every time, even though the plot point regarding the oppression of the cursed children has already been EXTREMELY well established.
Jun 10, 2014 11:55 PM

Feb 2008
Panaru said:
EuleriEpsilon said:
Ironic.

If this was Black Bullet episode 3 and was the first time we'd ever seen violence against cursed children, you might have a point.

Episode 3 of Madoka was extremely different from everything that came before and nothing up to that point suggested what would actually happen.

But here, in your own post regarding this episode of BB, you say "I sort of saw it coming though."

It's not shock value. This is episode 10 and the author just enjoys piling on unnecessary sadness using the cursed children every time, even though the plot point regarding the oppression of the cursed children has already been EXTREMELY well established.

Now I don't agree on the "enjoying" part but maybe you're right.

I just want to say that judging from the degree of brutality the author has already dropped on these children, things like this are, unfortunately, inevitable.
Whether the audience likes it or not depends on the person. Hell, I was frustrated the moment the blind girl is introduced.

I wonder how everybody will react if it weren't just mass of lolis killed together, but rather a diverse group.

I believe in the books they were even killed in a more brutal way. Anime had to tone it down of course. Glad I don't have to see that.
Jun 11, 2014 12:07 AM

Jun 2014
DmonHiro said:
JoksPacifist said:
>Heard somewhere LN version is way more brutal.

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN YOU WANT TO KNOW!
YOU! HAVE! BEEN! WARNED!

I WARNED YOU, DID I?

First, let me politely ask you this sir, where did you find this? And which bastard translate Black Bullet Light novels from Japanese to English? Because I would love to talk to that person about what a pathetic troll he/she is. The amount of misunderstanding (the nicest word I can use in this occasion) is not even funny, I keep telling myself: are we reading the same novel? The same anime?

I am in the translation group who translate Black Bullet from Japanese to Chinese since volume 1, and just finish volume six weeks ago. And from my memory I do not remember Rentaro did anything remotely like that. Yes, he was pushed to moral dilemmas quite a few times during the novel, but that? No, just no. I would stop translating this work the moment I see that from happening.

And any evidence that Kanzaki-sensei (the author) is inspired by Urobuchi? Personally I do not see any subjective evidence that leads to that conclusion. Is that an objective view point?

Mod Edit: Do not provide links to scanned and translated volumes.
julyanJun 11, 2014 8:32 AM
Jun 11, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 2011
Rentaro sure is popular with lolis -____-
Jun 11, 2014 12:13 AM

Sep 2013
Loli harem, check ;3

Lol Enju sleeping with other girl's ear in her mouth :P

Wow even the lil blind girl likes him although that one wakes sense since he has helped her twice.

Wait so what did that investigation mean exactly? I know it's Kisara's brother, but what aobut the other parts?

The girls!!! >:(

The My Future papers and Enju's scream made it even sadder... the feels :(

Please oh please tell me it's just a coincidence that the Monolith collapsed while the blind girl was singing.

:O Masked Man's voice in the preview.
Jun 11, 2014 12:56 AM
Feb 2014
I didn't really think of Rentarou having a harem b4. I mean, it was only really Enju, and I thought Tina did really only think of Rentarou as a brother and as her saviour.

And then this episode came, and BAM... the whole first half was basically Loli Harem mode in full throttle o.o

Besides that, interesting episode. Black Bullet ratings seem to be steadily improving. Though I find it weird it takes an episode with brutal deaths to get ppl to rate higher.., -_-...

But hey, the death scene was good. While I did think the cruelty and prejudice against the Cursed children was already well established enough as it was, those deaths did provide some interestig ideas to toy with. eg, whom were Kisara and Rentarou protecting? How was it right to abuse those who were willing to die for u? That sort of thing.

Also, Enju's reaction was rather... fresh? Really, it must be a devastating blow, knowing all ur friends were killed because of the very same reason for why she could mingle so thoughtlessly with them- because they were Cursed Children. I'm wondering if they'll consider her thoughts on the matter in the next episodes, and see how she copes with this fresh reminder of how the common ppl seem to despise her kind and the brutal lengths they'd go to show their irrational hatred.

Because, they cut off just as she sort of seemed to recover. However, I think they should expand more upon her feelings because I honestly can't see how u can just go off and protect the same ppl who killed ur friends just like that. Rentarou already had his sort of therapeutic (?) talk with Kisara, (which I thought should've also been expanded a bit longer. His quick recovery seemed a bit unnatural...) so I understand how he can still go into battle with a steady mindset, but Enju has had no noticeable support so far... can't see how she'd be motivated to fight the gastrea...

Meh... I think I'm gonna go read the LNs or manga after this is over. In some ways, starting to get irritated with the series as I realise how some of the earlier episodes really were too rushed... guess I invested too much hope in later episodes... luckily, the later episodes seem to be taking it slower and steadier tho
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 11, 2014 1:02 AM

Nov 2011
I saw the death flag raise in an instant.
What I really wasn't expecting though that they would pull the trigger so quickly on it, but with only 3 episodes left I guess they got to do as much as they can. I'm pretty happy with how they handled it, I was expecting full on emo-mode for awhile, but Rentaro stuck to his guns and knows that even with how shitty the world is if he can somehow make a small change he'll bear the pain.
I'm curious what happened with the production of Monolith 32 as we now see some sort of connection, but now is not the time to ponder, but to act!

Monolith 32 was destroyed sooner than expected so I'm expecting A LOT of action next. It will probably be up to Rentaro and the back-up as I'm guessing the frontlines are going to get devastated by the early invasion.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 11, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2010
It feels like this episode was Urobuchi'd. I didn't really expect all of them to die, that was fucking depressing.
Some developing relationship, some bad quality here and there, they are probably saving budget for the incoming fight.

The preview is pretty spoilerish anyway, since we hear a certain familiar voice ..

On a more cheerful side note.
Jun 11, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ the guy attracting cursed girls, including blond one.. Seems like his boss is his real love.

Every student's dead...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Jul 2011
ahahahaha R.I.P loli harem, he is really pissed now
Jun 11, 2014 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
Masked man is back next ep!!

Well honestly it's not even shocking they all die... kinda expected it the moment they decided to give us a closer look at their individuality. I don't really feel that sad for them (since you could say they're at peace right now) but I feel for Enju.

I've been saying this all along that they have a fucked up society and a rather dumb government. Actually since Varanium is a limited resource, I think it'd be quite possible for Rentaro to find whoever was responsible and kill them afterwards.

Btw Rentaro should have totally kissed Kisara.
Jun 11, 2014 2:36 AM

Feb 2012
Why'd all the cute little lolis have to die!! Pretty dark!! AVENGE THEM RENTARO!!!

Cute of Tina and Enju having the same dream of marrying Rentaro! Tina better live, grow up to be a hottie and end up with him... or else RAGE!! LOL!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 11, 2014 2:46 AM
Mar 2014
Such a sad episode :(

Humans are so shitty trying to kill the ppl protecting them smh !!
Jun 11, 2014 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
Kagetane!!! I'm cheering for you!! just let everyone die, they deserve it!!!
The first requirement of being a hero isn't being right.It's being strong.That's why the hero always wins.

Maloween candies:

X11
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.