Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 1, 2009 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episodes. Though the first part was fucked up

That thing wasn't a Vastro Lordes. I best even Yamma Ji can't kill a VL this easily
Oct 1, 2009 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
garfield15 said:

Go nuts fangirls.

LMAO
Oct 1, 2009 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
ChronosXIII said:
First half was so boring. -_-

Hitsugaya got Hyorinmaru back so easily...
"REMEMBER ME?!" Boom, revelation -> Gets him back

And Muramasa beat that Vasto Lorde so easily. Didn't Hitsugaya say ,way back when, that Soul Society could be destroyed by 10 Vasto Lordes?

Answer is in your post itself. That thing wasn't a VL
Oct 1, 2009 12:11 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode, except for the start, I liked the sword bashing with Haineko and Masumoto, but thereafter it became so lame and repetitive with the comedy, okay in the first time they met up it was ok, however they keep on doing it, I just want to go there and say its not funny anymore!!!

After that the episode became good, with Hitsugaya and Hyourinmaru was good, I really enjoyed his history and found the bit about near enough killing his grandmother very touching, oh and I guess this bit of character development will not be integrated into the manga right? DX
Oct 1, 2009 3:24 PM

Sep 2009
This was the best episode of all. But I don't say that just because hitsugaya is my favorite character (okay, has some influence, but it's not just that).
Oct 2, 2009 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
The little fights between Haineko and Masumoto are very tiring. I almost skip through them. End was good i guess, seemed to be scraped in very thinly when it should of been a whole episode. Can't help that think this could be so much better with a touch more seriousness as seen in the second half, but i never really expected that.
Oct 2, 2009 4:55 AM

Jul 2009
Good ep. I always wondered why they left out how Toshirou went from Whitey-chan to Captain Hitsuguya...but I swear some of those scenes were in the trailer for the 2nd Bleach movie or something like that.
Oct 2, 2009 9:06 AM

May 2009
Sami092 said:

After that the episode became good, with Hitsugaya and Hyourinmaru was good, I really enjoyed his history and found the bit about near enough killing his grandmother very touching, oh and I guess this bit of character development will not be integrated into the manga right? DX

Actually I already knew about Hitsugaya's background with his grandmother and Rangiku; it did come out in the manga, a looooong time ago. I think, anyway... if not, it was shown in the anime sometime back, but if you only watch the anime and you've never seen it it must have been in the manga, haha. Anyway, it's interesting that they threw a tidbit of the manga into a filler.
Oct 2, 2009 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
They did briefly show parts with his grandma in the anime but there was nothing with significant detail.
Oct 2, 2009 11:22 AM

May 2008
garfield15 said:

Go nuts fangirls.

I already did xD Finally there's someone WORTH pairing Hitsugaya with...for yaoi that is. HyourinmaruxHitsugaya FTW.

I absolutely loved this episode. The fact that Hitsugaya's my favorite character made it even better. It was such an emotional episode. Everything was amazing except the parts with Matsumoto (no offense, I love her) and Hinacrazy. (I still call her that from when she snapped after Aizen left << Not changing anytime soon. I hate her guts.)

I'm still waiting to see when they'll bring in Ukitake's and Shunsui's though. I want them to hurry it up with Matsumoto's and Hinamori's. It's sort of boring :/ ESPECIALLY HINAMORI.

Oct 2, 2009 4:36 PM
Jul 2008
This is my favorite episode from now on, and it's very very touching.
Oct 3, 2009 12:47 AM

Jan 2009
How can it be your favourite considering there first part of it ><
Oct 3, 2009 10:03 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode, i really liked the Hitsugaya's flashbacks and his fight. And is it just me or
is Matsumoto's breasts keep getting bigger? They like all the way to her bellybutton...kinda gross O.o
Oct 3, 2009 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
KritikalMotion said:
How can it be your favourite considering there first part of it ><

liek totally

the first part was LAME
Oct 3, 2009 10:30 AM
Feb 2009
What? Manga cannon in filler? What has this world come to.

I absolutely loved Hitsugaya's part and yes, it has to be an entire episode for their story to really make a giant impact.

I really didn't mind the first part though it was kinda pointless with how long it went. Though I will admit, I liked Hinamori in this episode, its about time she kicked some ass since, I don't know, she was out for just about 90% of Bleach.
Oct 3, 2009 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Bastion said:
Kinda amusing, each recaptured spirit has been convinced in a different way so far, Ichigo's was with fighting, Hitsugaya's was with memories, Rangiku and Hinamori used teamwork, Rukia used compassion.

As someone had said earlier, Rangiku and Hinamori captured theirs, but did not covince them yet. There will probably be a few more catfights in the next episode. Also, I don't think Rukia convinced her's. I think Muramasa broke it up right as she was about to.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 4, 2009 6:52 PM

Jan 2008
Nice episode. Hitsugaya's fight was short, but at least it was deep and emotional.
Oct 4, 2009 7:11 PM

Dec 2008
It was a bit slow but at the end everything was nice. 4/5 :D
Oct 6, 2009 4:39 AM

Jun 2008
Really love the part between Toushiro and Hyourinmaru. Love their relationship (not idiotic like Renji and Zabimaru). Totally making up the cat fights at the first part!!

My fav zanpakutou - Hyourinmaru!!
Oct 8, 2009 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
Fatentity said:
Good episode =]. I wish the fight between toushiro & Hyourinmaru was somewhat longer though.

I agree.
Oct 13, 2009 10:51 AM
Dec 2008
good!!!
Oct 16, 2009 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
The episode itself was cool. However, Ichigo... he's so annoying in this Arc :/
Previous username: LadyNikki
Oct 24, 2009 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
I really didn't believe that Rangiku and Momo had it in them to catch their zanpaktuos and trick them like that, but all I can say now is.... Girl Power ^^!!!

And that's why this filler is different from and better and levels-above other Bleach fillers [or most other animes actually O_o] : because we get flashbacks!! Little Toushirou was so kawaii >.< and Rangiku had short hair O.O. Wow.

As for the ending, YAY Toushirou got his zanpaktuo back!!

And The Shinigami Golden was hilarious ^^. I guess I'm satisfied Orihime wasn't in it.

Nov 3, 2009 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
touching...
matsumoto almost caused toushiro some head trauma
Nov 4, 2009 7:37 AM

Oct 2008
I just loved that episode!
Toshiro and Hyourinmaru are a great match, they both have the same wishes!
Nov 19, 2009 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
it was cool, ice a lot of ice
Dec 3, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2009
good episode, would have been a great episode if they wouldn't have spent so much time on rangiku and momo. I got through half of the episode and was like"wait wasn't this episode supposed to be about toshiro, wtf?" Toshiro's confrontation with his zanpaktou was emotional and awesome.
Dec 3, 2009 2:13 AM

Jul 2009
another thing that made this episode nice was ichigo was trapped in ice, it made me overlook the fact that all he had to do was use gangetsu tenshou in the first place...
Mar 26, 2010 12:43 PM

Mar 2007
When theres something strange,
In the neighborhood...
Who you gonna call?

Ghostbusters! Momo and Rangiku!
Heh when they captured their Zanpaktou the whole scene looked like something out of Ghostbusters. The only thing missing was the little shoebox with the frying pan handle to capture them in.

Overall a good episode imo. I love it whenever Momohime and Rangiku get some air time. No matter how small it may be.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Mar 27, 2010 1:25 PM

May 2008
I liked this episode...of course, not the part with those bitches fighting (I actually skipped that), but the Hitsugaya-Hyorinmaru part.
May 25, 2010 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
Love how they implemented the Bleach omake about Toushiro into the anime series.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 1, 2010 1:12 PM

May 2010
I really liked the episode and it was interesting where Ranguiku was a shinigami way before Toshiru was and he is her captain. Teamwork ftw!
Sep 10, 2010 1:50 AM

Jan 2010
good ep. Hitsugaya's flashbacks were touching
May 28, 2011 1:29 PM
Mar 2010
The first part with Hinamori and kidou was great and then Hitsugaya's fight just made this even better. xD
Apr 3, 2012 5:48 PM

May 2011
I'm really glad that Hitsugaya's flashback was canon. It really was touching like so many others have said. I respect his grandma so much, her final words that we didn't hear must have been her telling him that he could return at any time if he ever needed her and that she loves him no matter where or what he's doing. Man, it was so freaking sad.

I'm glad Hitsugaya/Hyourinmaru settled it without excessive/extended fighting. They're bond really is a deep one.

Oh yeah, Hinamori and Rangiku's win was pretty interesting. Hinamori's words about age were pretty wise considering they came from her.

Young Rangiku!
Jun 28, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2013
Well someone has to tell off Hinamori about her Aizen obsession, so props to you, Tobiume.

I loved the latter half of this episode. Hitsugaya and his obaa-san is just too sad :'(
Hyourinmaru is awesome and his smile is sweet :}

Younger Rangiku was cute, too :D
Oct 28, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode lets see what's next!
Apr 9, 2014 1:56 AM

Oct 2013
Toshiro rulzz,and Rangiku 2

Jan 20, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Toshiro and Hyourinmaru's fight was really good and I liked the flashbacks of Toshiro.
Feb 27, 2017 3:57 PM

Apr 2009
i don't even...
that was just too precious, Hitsugaya ;w;

...so Hyorinmaru's got white eyes and turqouise hair, while Hitsugaya's got white hair and Turqouise eyes -w-....
....awawa... too precious, too precious.... and yet my mind instantly shipped them when it was over, darn you brain..

Bleach. how DARE you bring tears to my eyes ;A;'?!!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 1, 2019 3:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm fairly disappointed in Rangiku's and Momo's fights, I was expecting something more intense, it turned out they really had it in the bag as if they were fighting toddlers.
Toshiro's true potential must be really groundbreaking for how confident his Zanpakuto acts, saying stuff like he must belong o the most powerful soul reaper is raising the hype.
Man, the backstory with Toshitp was so good it deserved to be featured in a canon context, it's crazy how he and Rangiku were first met at such a time and now he's already in charge of her.
Was Muramusa absorbing a Hollow? maybe he's trying to achieve something like Ichigo's Halofication. It should be an intense fight then.
That Japanese-flute-like soundtrack that played in the forest reminded me of the same soundtrack they used on Naruto part one when Shikamaru fought Tayuya at the Sasuke retrieval arc, which is funny seeing how both Bleach and Naruto had the same studio behind them (Studio Pierrot) and it's not exclusive to this case either, both One Piece and Dragon Ball share a wide select of soundtracks, good move there Toei, good move.
EoussamaApr 1, 2019 3:37 PM
Jun 4, 2020 6:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting flashbacks about Hitsugaya !
Mar 15, 2021 7:37 PM
Aug 2020
I thought this episode was quite touching - obviously because of the Toushirou/Hiyorinmarou fight/flashbacks, but also for what Momo said to Tobiuume about getting older. I think it was a nice response not just to Heineko's taunt about Rangiku but also to what Tobiuume said to Momo about Aizen.
Jul 3, 2021 4:37 PM
Aug 2020
I cried..........what a great episode!! Toshiro :) I love the flashbacks. Although I wonder if he already met Momo here? Cause if im not mistaken, Momo has been taking care of Toshiro since his grandmother died or I dont know if his grandmother still alive that time?? And I thought Momo is the one who encourage Toshiro to be Shinigami? Based on flashbacks of momo in a canon episode??? This flashbacks shows in Aizen betrayal arc hehe.
EngiemJul 3, 2021 4:42 PM
Jul 3, 2021 4:55 PM
Aug 2020
noteDhero said:
Ok episode. Hitsugaya's flashback was pretty lame. All it does is underscore the fact that the interesting characters aren't at all fleshed out. There are lots of other characters with weird hair and eyes. Why is he the only on taken into consideration? What's his name is a flipping dog for god's sake.

Weak episode that looked rather good for filler.

Yes but I think everyone else who has a hair color like renji and the others are common but having silvered hair with blue green eyes is kinda rare. And I think the reason why other people are afraid of him is that because his spiritual power is showing because its not sealed off. If you remember, spiritual pressure can be quite scary for common people.
Jan 4, 2022 1:01 PM

Nov 2018
I've noticed I was not the only one impressed by Hitsugaya's and Hyourinmaru's story, but it certainly warmed my heart!

From this point of view, I surely don't miss my twenties 😂! Even so, I still feel easily tormented by emotions, sometimes terribly distracting me from what I have to do. I guess maturity is a long journey after all...

Another thing I loved about this episode was seeing some new attitudes at the zanpakutos:
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 2, 2022 9:14 AM
Oct 2019
I really like they using Kido in this battle against Zanpakutō.

Hitsugaya backstory in filler? What

They got their Zanpakutō back, nice.
Sep 7, 2022 3:15 AM

Jan 2021
Just came hear to say that Younger Rangiku with medium hair and ribbon>>>>Older long haired Rangiku.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 29, 2022 2:54 PM
May 2020
that flashback was cold (no pun intended)
Dec 19, 2022 11:57 AM
Nov 2021
Daora demais essa luta do Hitsugaya e sua Zanpakuto. Outra boa(porém não no vídel da do Hitsugaya) foi essa das garotas, legal o trabalho em equipe. Sinto que eu nunca achei a Momo tão legal quanto foi nessa luta.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 85 Discussion

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

26 by 91vulnicura »»
Apr 10, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 286 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dizzee - Aug 31, 2010

114 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.