3It was OK
14.7%
2Disliked it
4.9%
1Hated it
4.9%
Average 4.1
286 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2014 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow new OP song. Not sure what to think of it just yet though...

A relaxing episode overall with some beach moments. I'm expecting this to be the calm before the storm. I spotted...
in the ending. Oh shit.
Jun 8, 2014 6:43 AM

Mar 2014
I love Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas, and I love the new OP song. But I think it doesn't match well the atmosphere, the animation and the character design of Gokukoku no Brynhildr. To be honest, I guess the previous OP song was better. (I personally think it was the top OP in this season)

By the way, good episode.
Jun 8, 2014 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
That new opening is.... intense... lol

Im just wondering how they will end the anime with only 13 episodes?
Jun 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
Bikdu866 said:

It already did in this episode :p
Jun 8, 2014 7:29 AM

Aug 2012
Man... the new op sucks. Not the song itself, it sucks because it doesn't match. I think from next week I will skip op every time when watching. The new op animation isn't bad though. In my country there's a saying literally means: "Things that looked beautiful when kept apart can looked miserable when put together." And this is what I felt for new the OP.

Anyway I really wondered how much contents can be squeezed in the remaining episodes. In this episode it already showed some negative effects. There aren't enough time to build up for supporting characters. Many parts that make characters more human-like were also being cut such as:

Murakami got pissed off of the girls because they used magic for unnecessary things, and they weren't able to show magic to Kogorou who thought Murakami is a liar and refused to help.

Kuroha "remembered" something when being manipulated by Nanami. The way to bring her back was also changed to a way I don't really like.

The Skadi arc, that is probably the best (and doubtfully only) intellectual fight in this series. It also showed a much complicated side of Kazumi's character and makes her 10 times more likable than now.

The only thing I found amused in this episode was Kuroha's "I don't care who and who got indirect kissed" finally being song out. Well, I am a big fan of the original so I have a higher expectation for this animation, I just hope the Hatsuna and Valkyria parts won't fail me.

BTW Noto's voice is very suitable for a crazy female character like Valkyria.
eeveelugiaJun 8, 2014 1:01 PM
Jun 8, 2014 7:33 AM

Feb 2013
Really liked the op, unfortunately the Lab noticed that Nanami got away, I wonder if Kogoro also got his memories erased, it's gonna be hard to go against this Valkyrie
Jun 8, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
Nanami T.T She did it despite her feelings. To erase their memories was a cruel nice thing to do. Kinda sad to see that it barely affects anything.
That indirect kiss thing! Neko was affected to the point where she sang xD
The first memory problem and now for the karaoke too. Wonder what else would she lose.
Kazumi asking for Murakami's virginity if she got 2nd. Neko getting first!!! She asked for it too in an innocent way!
The beach!!! Kazumi completely seeing through Murakami's thoughts.
Wow, Valkyrie... she is like a shironeko... that huge resemblance T.T I thought that there would be eight girls coming to get them, but I was immediately proven wrong.
That scene was gruesome, wow all seven with defensive A rank still died...
Jun 8, 2014 7:39 AM
Jan 2014
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas seem like a good band, I need to listen to some of their other songs.
I really like metalcore, and the animation sequence was great in the OP. But I don't think it fits into the theme of GnB. Regardless of that, I still prefer it over the previous OP.

I really wish Nanami didn't die like that. She took a big risk when she didn't erase all of Kurofuku's memories. Erasing everyone's memories apart from Ryouta's was for the better.

Slashing trees like its nobody's business. Kuroha is so obsessed over Ryouta. I knew she was going to worry about indirect kisses when Ryouta pulled out his water bottle.

Wow, Kuroha is really intelligent. That memory loss of her's really draws her back.

The ocean scene was nice. That wave.
ResidentJun 8, 2014 8:31 AM
Jun 8, 2014 7:41 AM

Oct 2010
I haven't heard an opening like that since Maximum the Hormone did Death Note's 2nd opening, it wasn't bad I suppose.
Jun 8, 2014 7:45 AM

May 2014
So the remaining episodes will be about

the new OP is pretty awesome
Jun 8, 2014 7:47 AM

Apr 2014
ResidentANM said:

I really wish Nanami didn't die like that. She took a big risk when she didn't erase all of Kurofuku's memories. Erasing everyone's memories apart from Ryouta's was for the better.

Nanami can't ever erase Ryouta's Memories even if she wanted to...
Did you forget what just happened in Episode 9? She tried to erase all of Ryouta's memories but she didn't successfully done it because Ryouta has "Pictographic Memory".
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 8, 2014 7:51 AM
Jan 2014
They skipped a lot of the chapters in the anime episodes.
Jun 8, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2011
New Op !!!!

Nanam OMG T__T
Jun 8, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder why they made a new OP? Well, no comment on it tbh. Loved the animation sequence.

Nanami might have really became my fav girl if she remained. Just the 1 ep and a half she was in was enough to make me love her so much. Her end was so sad :( And how she erased everyone's memory of her even though she wanted to be remembered was T_T Didn't expect she'd insert herself in Murakami's memories. Hopefully he can use the info.

Kazumi and her Indirect kiss part was lol with how Yandere Kuroha kept breaking trees XD And her song was so hilarious XD It surprisingly rhymes quite well XD Her reaction to Ryouta seeing and hearing her even copying her rhyme was so lol XD

Didn't expect Kuroha to get #1. She's smart as hell! How can anyone get higher than a guy with Photographic memory O_O Lol'd at how she wanted his virginity copying Kazumi without knowing anything about it XD

The usual fun at the beach with oppai+ 1 flat Kazumi :3 And Valkyrie has arrived :O So much for 7 A-ranks XD
Jun 8, 2014 7:58 AM

May 2014
So they skipped everything related to Yuki and Mizuka, this explains how they could put Valkyria in this season.
Jun 8, 2014 7:59 AM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
Bikdu866 said:

It already did in this episode :p

Sorry what I mean is.. will they just leave her at that and go back to fill in some of the other things? They skipped quite a bit from the manga.
Jun 8, 2014 7:59 AM
Jan 2014
Rayzer said:
Nanami can't ever erase Ryouta's Memories even if she wanted to...
Did you forget what just happened in Episode 9? She tried to erase all of Ryouta's memories but she didn't successfully done it because Ryouta has "Pictographic Memory".

Nope I didn't forget ^^. I was just stating that she erased everyone else's memory of her, apart of Ryouta's, as a specific group in order to avoid confusion :P.
Jun 8, 2014 8:05 AM

May 2013
Poor Nanami. At least she still lives on in Murakami's memories. Kuroha singing that song was funny lol. Valkyrie is introduced in this episode.
Jun 8, 2014 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
I like the new OP.. but the 1st one more.
Nanami :( i love her quote about death/being forgotten, so similar to Dr.Hiluluk's quote.
hehe the indirect kiss was funny XD dat Ryouta x Kuroha hug! *Thumbs up*
some happy moments at the beach + fanservice.. :3
Valkyria is on the move now!
Satou0KunJun 8, 2014 8:54 AM
Jun 8, 2014 8:13 AM

Nov 2012
LMFAO this episode made my sides hurt. Neko is the the weirdest anime character I've come across. "I would also like a virginity". That line is gold. But I still feel sorry for her because her condition is technically like a mental illness. So this is what they call guilty pleasure.

It's sad how the mind reader girl died. She should have completely fried that guy's brain before she ran away.
Jun 8, 2014 8:16 AM
Sep 2013
If you like this anime you should probably read manga because they skipped like 20 chapters in this episode, and it looks like they want to squeeze about 45 chapters in 3 episodes, little bit disappointed by anime adaptation since manga is really great
Jun 8, 2014 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
new OP, new member? More pills needed.
Jun 8, 2014 8:23 AM
Apr 2014
Well that new OP was horrendous, the other one may have been overly simple but at least it fitted the show, this was just painful to listen to...

The plot twists were pretty cool but as a whole there wasn't a great deal of plot development

And the whole 'indirect kiss' thing got very boring, very quickly..

This is the first episode I haven't really enjoyed, but as someone mentioned before, this is probably just the calm before the storm, I really hope the next episodes are better.

3/5
kernowmalJun 8, 2014 8:28 AM
Jun 8, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2007
Wow I had a feeling Namami wouldn't last long but that was way too fast. I'm glad she will live on in Murakami. Man the Valkyria looks like a white hair Neko. I can't wait to see when they finally meet and clash.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 8, 2014 8:54 AM
Feb 2014
Wow this episode really fucked with my feelings. One minute i was tearing up with Namami :( then the next i was dieing with laughter.

I love the relationship the group has, and the banter ryouta and kazumi have, the entire beach scene was really nice and made me laugh so much.

Scene of the ep had to be Kuro's song though, and then when ryouta sang back to her, SHES SO CUTE OMG <3

Love this series so much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Wtf, new opening sucks so much :/
Ep 4/5.
rsc-plJun 8, 2014 9:27 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
Kuroha suddenly became bich just like Miyuki from Mahouka, at least she is not his sister xD
Ryota's op brains suddenly gave up: WHY IS SHE MAD? WHY SHE CARES? lol
Btw, am I hearing things or Valkyria is voiced by Noto Mamiko?
Jun 8, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2013
New Op song... didn't like it, the first one was much better.
Jun 8, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2013
Really? They killed Nanami right there? So soon? I really liked her... I wasn't ready for what I saw... And the ED of her appearing just hits the nerves strongly in my sensitive heart even more so...

That OP... Kill it with fire!
Jun 8, 2014 9:21 AM

Sep 2009
sadfacelv said:

Btw, am I hearing things or Valkyria is voiced by Noto Mamiko?

Or Saori Hayami(seiyuu of aforementioned Miyuki) cause she sounds almost the same as Mamiko Noto lately
Jun 8, 2014 9:45 AM
Apr 2013
Did they just skip the Skadi arc? That is my favorite arc damnit...
Jun 8, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2011
That's an intense OP but I didn't hate it. Weird the did it with 3 episodes left though.
Jun 8, 2014 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
new op is awful imo, i knew that band before from playing osu and i didn't like it already :/
about the episode itself... meh. lots of comedy as usual but i just have the feeling that they killed nanami in the very beginning oof the episode just to throw a bit more of fanservice

also, when i saw valkyre, i thought that neko dyed her hair
Jun 8, 2014 9:47 AM

May 2007
What in the actual fuck is this OP?
Jun 8, 2014 9:51 AM

Feb 2013
Noo!! Why did they change the OP?! I loved the first one. The new one looks like a bad amv. The song doesn't quite fit with the images and it feels like a Death Note ripoff. The episode was pretty good though.
Jun 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
It causes me physical pain to watch the new OP.

Valkyria reminds me of Kurumi from Date A Live now after that ending...
Jun 8, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
fuck yeah industrial opening way better than the old one :D
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 8, 2014 10:06 AM
Feb 2012
liked the previous OP better tbh... both not my style of music, but the new OP is a bit hard.
Jun 8, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
I liked the last OP more,couse it just fitted better with the setting.Though I dont mind this one.

Persoanly I loved this episode,it felt realy weird in a way to see the first 7 minutes realy sad,the next 7 minutes filled with comedy and entertainment,and in the end we saw a new character.But overall it was an great episode.
Jun 8, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2013
Not sure if I like the OP, it sort of made my ears bleed, but IDK I think I can get used to it. I kind of expected that Nanami would die in this episode, but somewhat emotional when she has to erase everyone's memory, to avoid grief on them. At lest she will stay by on Ryota's memories.

Nice song you have their Neko XD, but did she lose parts of her memory during that karaoke part? Ah a small role for the beach part with a little fanservice, but then Valkyria is there too spike things up a bit.

Jun 8, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
Oh man i knew it was going to happen but it still hurts, Mainly because they set up all of the hope that she can be saved by removing the harness and than to just suddenly die right there. To add salt to the wound she made everyone else except the guy to forget about her to spare the pain and that is just so heart breaking damn it :'(

It is just as i predicted they skipped the Skadi Arc in order to reach the Valkyrie arc. All i can say is this: ALL HELL IS BROKE LOOSE.

There is actuall a good valid reason why she looks like kuroha but i wont spoil it, just wait and see, i promise you things are going to become more intense from here on out
Jun 8, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2010
dark and twisted anime ...keep telling that yourselves :)
Jun 8, 2014 10:40 AM
Aug 2013
Aichiro said:

It's sad how the mind reader girl died. She should have completely fried that guy's brain before she ran away.

Then she would've died earlier because HQ got worried cause the guy wasn't reporting back.
Jun 8, 2014 10:52 AM
Jun 2014
Did anyone notice the subtle change at the end of the ED where they're looking at the stars?
Jun 8, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2011
Compassghost said:
Did anyone notice the subtle change at the end of the ED where they're looking at the stars?

Nice catch! Here
Jun 8, 2014 10:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Oh Neko, "I would also like a virginity"

Damn, Nanami died, I wonder if her magic would affect Valkiria.

New OP, Death Note style

Valkiria an S rank, yea Neko is a goner and the gang as well.

Btw anyone notice how similar Neko looks to Valkiria?
1st OP showed Neko stoping Valkiria's attacks.

Jun 8, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2013
Nanami in the ending omg T.T
Jun 8, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2012
damn valkyria look a lot neko
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 8, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
radle said:
Really? They killed Nanami right there? So soon? I really liked her... I wasn't ready for what I saw... And the ED of her appearing just hits the nerves strongly in my sensitive heart even more so...

That OP... Kill it with fire!

I was wondering if anyone noticed that. Her death really sucked. Like everyone else, this episode seemed like it was missing something. I'm sure this will set the stage for it's ending.

Btw, I really like the new OP even though it doesn't work all that well. Then again imagine a kid, a little girl who looks so innocent yet when you walk up to her she slices off your limbs. That's what Imagine when I listen to this OP xD
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jun 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
Wow,that new screamo opening.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.