Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think anime is better than non animated tv shows/movies?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 8, 2014 10:30 PM

May 2011
Since I began watching anime, I've always preferred anime over non-animated TV shows. Much more interesting, entertaining, and easier to get into for me personally. Can't really say about movies though. I think both do a great job so I don't have a preference in that category.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
Zergneedsfood said:
Can we please have like an official thread for all this shit so I don't have to see it pop up every week? Call it the....

Official Shit on Anime and Every Other Medium Thread
Can it be called autistic weeaboos vs. filthy baka gaijins thread?

Jun 9, 2014 12:27 AM

Oct 2013
Yes I fucking hate tv
last show i watch on tv was last years Game of Thrones and even then I just downloaded it, but i get way more enjoyment out of watching anime oppose to non-anime shows :/
[/quote]
Jun 9, 2014 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
Both are excellent mediums of creative expression, but as someone already pointed out, anime allows for a much broader spectrum and variation when it comes to story lines, which is what I love most about it. That and the fact real people usually suck.
Jun 9, 2014 4:18 AM
May 2009
There are good and bad. I generally find anime more rewatchable though then Non-animated TV series. Movies are about 60% Anime 40% Non Animated. For rewatchability.
Jun 9, 2014 4:49 AM

Aug 2013
Obviously there are shitty and good shows on both sides.
Jun 9, 2014 4:53 AM

Feb 2014
Well they are longer, so that's a plus. And I like hearing Japanese, so that's a plus too.
But live action is good too.
if I were to decide on or other, I would pick anime due to the rewatchability factor, and enjoyment.
Jun 9, 2014 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Also, let's not forget, anime have one purpose and live action series have another. In anime action is really often and the supernatural/fantasy genre is most popular. Also, most anime are either for kids or for teens 15-18. Adult anime are really few. However, series that are not sitcoms or such are exclusively for older audiences (e.x. Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, some of Breaking Bad) and don't have a lot of genres from which writers can choose from. So, if you want to watch something serious and relistic, watch a TV series, if you want to watch something more comedic, sometimes lighthearted and a bit unrealistic go ahead and watch anime.

You can't compare the two. Personally, I like both media and I think they are equivalent (although there are waaaay more anime series)
Jun 9, 2014 6:47 AM
Apr 2013
real girls aren't moe, i don't see how live action can even compete
Jun 9, 2014 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
The idea that one entertainment medium can be measurably better or worse than another is ridiculous.
Watch my anime reviews. Or don't. It's up to you really. Latest video: HYOUKA.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpByqgRSDeLM9gPOSXRYVVQ
Jun 9, 2014 7:46 AM

Feb 2010
Nope, it's just my main hobby and I'm a lot pickier with live action (I'll drop anything below a 8). But the percentage of 8+ shows seems to be pretty similar. And live action has genres that barely exist in anime, like shows about doctors or law enforcement, criminality in general from all conceivable angles etc.. (stuff like BB, The Wire, Oz, but also Boston Legal) Also going strong in the sci-fi department (Babylon 5, the new BSG, Stargate, Firefly) and it's refreshing to have most shows center around adults too. My favorite comedies will always be live action as well (Scrubs, Community, Arrested Development, Red Dwarf, IT Crowd, Better Off Ted, Bored to Death etc...).
Anime on the other hand has s-o-l, romances that I actually like,sports shows, battle shounen, fantasy and also a lot of great sci-fi and also some good comedies.

So yeah, missing out on either of those mediums is kinda stupid imo unless you're only into anime because of ecchi and harems, there are sure to be dozens of live action series you'd love too. You just need to find them, just like you need to find the good anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2014 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
I'm an anime fan, not a tv-show fan. Yes
Jun 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
I would rather watch a shitty anime than a shitty live action TV series. But if its good i have no preference and will enjoy both equally.
Jun 9, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2012
JabonHR said:
jayss said:
LOGH > Star Wars

Star Trek > LOGH

Which one? If you mean The Next Generation than I might concur. I don't think any anime save for Code Geass, Gurren Laggan, Death Note, Attack on Titans etc really top tier anime that come close to that level. Especially Season 3 and beyond that was an amazing TV series.
Jun 9, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
Mami_Tomoe said:
JabonHR said:

Star Trek > LOGH

Which one? If you mean The Next Generation than I might concur. I don't think any anime save for Code Geass, Gurren Laggan, Death Note, Attack on Titans etc really top tier anime that come close to that level. Especially Season 3 and beyond that was an amazing TV series.

Oh boy, what happened to 'top tier', if that's what's left of it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
The only non-animated show that I watch is The Walking Dead, I don't like any other non-animated shows. Non-animated movies are different, I like Star Wars, Star Trek, Back to the Future, and Spider-Man.
Pikachu 3DS XL Friend Code: 3454 - 0450 - 4009
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon
Jun 9, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2010
I don't know if it's better but I like it more.
Jun 9, 2014 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
Since I happened upon the world of anime, I can't say I've watched many live action shows apart from The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones this year and Breaking Bad last year and considerably more anime has been watched than that. I just find that anime has more to offer. Not that those three shows are bad, I thought they were brilliant.

In answer to the question: Yes, pretty much. We see "live action" in our monotonous daily lives, so why not watch something, well... different. At the end of the day, all I want is to be entertained and whether that comes from the live word or anime world, I don't really care.

Be aware that I say this with Sturgeon's law in mind (95% of everything is shit)
Jun 9, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
very much so, i dont watch much non animated tv
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Jun 9, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2014
It is definitely better than movies, but there are many live action shows that can much up. I find more creativity in anime though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 9, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
TV shows < Anime < Movies

Anime lacks the thrill and epicness action movies have. On the romance genre, it's a whole different story. Romance movies are just fucking awkward.
Jun 9, 2014 1:08 PM
Aug 2013
Just depends on wahich anime or tv show is ur fav
Jun 9, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
Yes. But I could live with watching both.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
12 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
29 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
33 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.