Forum Settings
Forums

A Voice for Men raises $29k to pay for additional security for International Men’s Rights Conference following threats from Feminists.

New
Should Feminists be protesting the First International Convention for Mens issues?
Yes
15.6%
No
84.4%
32 votes
Jun 6, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2013
http://blogs.metrotimes.com/news-blawg/voice-men-raises-29k-pay-additional-security-following-threats/

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/post/87802082465/nomra-protest-to-stop-mra-conference-at-doubletree

This is just really dumb. I'm not an MRA but I really don't see why feminists would have any interest in trying to stop their events. If they're wrong you should have enough confidence in your ideas to refute their arguments and win people over.

I think these protests would probably just make alot of people see the need for a convention like this. I really just don't understand this at all. Both sides are against gender roles but refuse to recognize that they negatively affect the other gender in any way. Its ridiculous.
Pxi2Jun 6, 2014 10:31 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 6, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
Ahh good old radical feminists, trying to stop discrimination by committing a ton of worse discrimination.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2014 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
Feminists these days don't know the history and the message of what feminism is all about.

Jun 6, 2014 9:54 PM

May 2013
Hoppy said:
Feminists these days don't know the history and the message of what feminism is all about.

Its always been about womens interests.
Jun 6, 2014 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Pxi2 said:
Hoppy said:

There wasn't the man hate back then though.

Jun 6, 2014 9:57 PM
Feb 2014
Pfffffffft not in my country
Jun 6, 2014 9:58 PM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
Pxi2 said:

There wasn't the man hate back then though.
over time it began to be less and less about equality among genders and progressively became about making women have superiority. I'm all for bridging the gap of different in gender equality but these radical femenist groups we see today are nothing more than deluded bigots.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2011
I'm a feminist, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself radical or militant.

However, the main reason most feminists oppose MRA movements is because they feel that by pushing for "men's rights" in a society that is already largely patriarchal, it diminishes the impact of the need for gender equality at best, and encourages harmful misogynistic values at worst.

Most feminists, including myself, aren't looking to live in a world where women dominate over men. In fact, a lot of us believe that gender inequality hurts men in many ways as well, since guys are always forced to "be a man" and refrain from exhibiting any sort of emotional vulnerability.

But I think what those protesters want (and what I want as well) is to just one day not have to ever think, "Ugh, I wish I wasn't a woman so that _____ would never happen to me." or "If I were a man, then I would have an easier time of doing _____." Because let's face it, I'm sure many straight males have never wanted to be a woman for a serious reason, but I can assure you that nearly every single woman in Western society has, at some point in her life, at least briefly wished she were a man so that she wouldn't have to go through whatever she had to go through to make her feel that way.
Jun 6, 2014 10:05 PM

Sep 2012
A woman who I like to follow, Karen Straughan, also known as GirlWritesWhat, is an avid MRA and self proclaimed anti-feminist. I've posted videos of her's before. I wouldn't consider myself an MRA, but she really speaks about gender issues on a level that, in my opinion, is both intellectually sound and easy to comprehend. She is an inspirational person. Her blog: Owning Your Shit.

Anywho, she is part of a web based MRA radio program called Honey Badger Radio, which is created by four female MRAs.

They recently did a broadcast that I listened to covering a lot of topics, mostly about themselves and why they are MRAs, but also touching upon the Elliot Rodger shootings and the alleged links to the MRA fueling his rampage, as well as this conference. It's about 2 and a half hours long, and you can listen to it on youtube or on their site if you're interested.

She will be attending this event with other "Honey Badgers", and will be wearing shirts with this design on them in response to the feminist threats.
Jun 6, 2014 10:09 PM

May 2013
JizzyHitler said:

over time it began to be less and less about equality among genders and progressively became about making women have superiority. I'm all for bridging the gap of different in gender equality but these radical femenist groups we see today are nothing more than deluded bigots.

The original suffragette movement wanted political equality because women at the time didn't have any. Alot of this was motivated by the desire to give women representation to get laws enacted that protected wives from their abusive husbands. Ones of these laws(?) was the 18th amendment and prohibition.

Most feminists at that time believed that men were supposed to be the fighters and the ones held all of the responsibility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feather#World_War_I
Jun 7, 2014 7:05 AM
Mar 2013
there's a petition to get feminism recognised as a terrorist group atm lol
Jun 7, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
JD2411 said:

you can't say something like that without linking it
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
Think of antifas attacking right-wing demonstrations and vice versa. This is exactly the same. Political opposites just don't like each other.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Jun 7, 2014 3:39 PM

Oct 2013
'equal rights of men and women' My ass!

I'm in favour of sexual equality, but the right of free assembly is a fundemantal right, even in this context. Also, to use threats, a form of compulsion, against the employees is a sign of contractedness.
In the end both parties will only 'harm' each other.

However, those "voice for men" is also promoting misogyny to counter feminists?

Shiratori99 said:
Think of antifas attacking right-wing demonstrations and vice versa. This is exactly the same. Political opposites just don't like each other.

At first I thought feminism is all about equality and to stop the disadvantage due to gender-stereotypes. But now those 'bra burner' even destroy wax-statues or launch threats against people. :D That's more about hate than any form of feminism.

Edit: fixed
Jet_Nice_GuyJun 8, 2014 1:46 AM
Jun 8, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2013
Modern feminists are the absolute worst. Discussing men's rights and problems = sexism, that's brilliant logic.
Jun 8, 2014 2:11 AM

Jun 2008
Radical feminism has to be one of the worst things about the "Far Left".

It just goes to show that both sides has it's equal amount of zealots and fucktarded individuals.

Like the feminist moron called "Feminist Frequency" that made a video series called "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" where she makes an appeal that video games are inherently sexist and shit...

She actually got funding for this "project" of over $150,000 by her equally brain dead feminist sympathizers...

In the end, the videos were a HUGE fail, and refuted and debunked by just about everyone, both male and female.

Radical Feminism is an utter joke, it's not needed, it's NOT about equality, and it's members are whiny, victimhood, pseudo intellectuals that are the very thing they profess to be against.
Jun 9, 2014 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
I think the feminists are mostly just on edge over some recent murders by an MRA but in actuality he was just some young narcistist more than some MRA person not like he was a huge speaker or anything as far as I know. However they do stuff like this all the time so its really just blind hate. They shouldnt attack people before they can even speak.

If I was bored and had time and was right near it I would go to both a feminist convention and an MRA one to see how things differ. However too many feminists dont really want that at all.
Jun 9, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
Shit, I meant no. I MEANT NO!!!!
Jun 9, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
Adair said:
I'm a feminist

Stopped reading.
Jun 9, 2014 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
need4snacks said:
The AFVM organization has managed to get itself labeled misogynistic by the SPLC, and it doesn't surprise me why the organization would be so hated by feminists. Here are tid bits about the organization and their leader, Paul Elam.

The SPLC is a hate group itself lol

Jun 9, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
For hardcore Femminist it never was about "equality" its always been about domination. I fail to see how this is a surprise.
Jun 9, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
need4snacks said:
Shiratori99 said:
The SPLC is a hate group itself lol
Absolutely riveting counter-argument.

They label every organization they disagree with a hate group.

Jun 9, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
What's the point of a Men's Rights Conference when men already have full rights?
Jun 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
What's the point of a Women's Rights Conference when women already have full rights?
Jun 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
A Voice for Men's death will be a triumph for the MRA movement.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 9, 2014 5:50 PM

Nov 2013
JD2411 said:

where do I sign?

Narmy said:
What's the point of a Men's Rights Conference when men already have full rights?

I'm confused at this. Do women not have full rights? What exactly is different nowadays? They get equal payment, equal job opportunities, and have suffrage(I can post the video where women don't know what woman's suffrage is, but thats another story). Anyways, I don't exactly see the need for a women's rights movement if they have all this. Sure they may not be viewed as equal in some people's eyes, but I really don't think movements like this will change anything. In fact, any hatred I have towards women is specifically to these sort of radical movements.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJun 10, 2014 11:34 AM
Jun 9, 2014 7:23 PM

Mar 2012
Adair said:
In fact, a lot of us believe that gender inequality hurts men in many ways as well, since guys are always forced to "be a man" and refrain from exhibiting any sort of emotional vulnerability.

Why do modern women seem to enjoy dooming impressionable young boys to years of loneliness and sexual frustration, otherwise known as the "friend-zone"?

I'm serious. I've heard this "emotionally vulnerable" line from every which way recently (last 20 or so years) and the only result I've seen is that a whole generation of young men are entirely incapable of landing a girlfriend because they are not aggressive in any way, shape or form. Those same people who advocate for this "emotional vulnerability" bullshit then smear those poor saps who listened to them when the confused young men wonder aloud why "Nice guys always finish last." It's like the "alpha" (God, how I hate that term) males and women everywhere got together and decided to make the "betas" (God, how I hate that term) have an even harder time scoring women.

"Emotionally vulnerable" men are usually weaklings who turn women off. And it's not even their fault, because they spent their entire lives being fed the bullshit line that "a real man is emotionally vulnerable and sensitive" so they think that's what they have to do to get women, and of course they end up bitter after the years of being shot down by those same fucking women who put them in that position in the first place. And those same fucking women who set them up for failure, then used them as emotional playthings, will turn around and fucking pounce on any guy who shows even the slightest bit of bitterness at them for doing this.

Fuck feminism. It started out as something good, but it got highjacked a long time ago and it's done more to destroy men than anything else ever could have. You're surprised that men's rights organizations resonate with a lot of people? You're surprised that PUA's are becoming more and more popular? Fuck your surprise. You women made this bed, now get ready to sleep in it. The second you decided to raise your boys to be women instead of men you lost any moral high-ground, and any right to speak on men's issues, or women's issues.

Ugh, I need a beer.
Let's go bowling.
Jun 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
Adair said:
In fact, a lot of us believe that gender inequality hurts men in many ways as well, since guys are always forced to "be a man" and refrain from exhibiting any sort of emotional vulnerability.

Why do modern women seem to enjoy dooming impressionable young boys to years of loneliness and sexual frustration, otherwise known as the "friend-zone"?
Because some women aren't interested in said boys.

Honestly, while the initial ideas and purposes of feminism were very good and important, feminism as a whole has been tainted far too much by things like blatant hatred and violence towards men, not to mention the feminists who exclude trans women from their movement.

There are quite a lot of hateful, horrid quotes out there that come from feminists in power that even make me feel scared for men. Despite feminism having some good intentions in its making, I find it very difficult to identify as one; especially for reasons like this. It's hard for me to even blame other people who refuse to take other feminists seriously seeing some of the shit they've spouted and the men they've vilified and all of that.

That's another reason I don't want to identify as one. I have a lot of social issues that I'd want to discuss with others - involving human rights, mens rights, womens rights, etc - and I know that with the reputation feminism has that me identifying as one would likely get them to become bitter or repulsive towards my argument. Understandably so, as feminism has become more twisted and hateful. There were many feminists out there that, when the UCSB shooting happened, said things like 'Seven women were killed' '9 women were killed' 'Women are dead and you're worried about ____?' whilst ignoring that four of those who were killed were men AND also failing to even mention or bring attention to the victims as actual people; and instead used them to promote their feminist agenda, to the point of erasing 4 of the victims' genders and claiming it to be all women who were killed.

Essentially, feminism is far too heavily flawed, hateful, and repulsive to be taken seriously as a whole. Obviously there are feminists who aren't like that and there are good things that it can do for women, but overall things like this news story just go out and prove more and more why feminism is seen as an angry, lashing group.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.