Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2009 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I did not expect that ending at all. I had no idea that was going to happen to her. I thought she was a recurring character.
Jun 6, 2011 7:25 PM

Jan 2010
I can't believe they killed off Presea! She wasn't killed off in the manga T_T.

On the other hand, this might be a strong emotional motivator for the Magic Knights. I'm actually surprised that things are darker in the anime than in the manga.
Sep 21, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2012
Presea's magic dance was really pretty. Definitely did not expect her to die.

I also noticed the two Mokonas, I thought it was my imagination.
Jan 26, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
Uh...why didn't Fuu use her healing magic...? Even if it wasn't going to work she should have at least TRIED to save Presea's life instead of just standing there :/

It was really interesting how Presea made the weapons!

Geez that caterpiller kept growing bigger and bigger! This new bad minion is really cocky (it it a he or a she though???)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 12:27 AM
Dec 2014
Ha this is what makes Japan stand apart from the US. This anime was intended for children and it can get pretty dark.

American cartoons rarely get serious, I wonder why?
Oct 18, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2011
Mothra killed Presea... literally Mothra. Let that sink in for a second.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 2, 2017 11:46 PM

Apr 2012
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jun 20, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
I saw Presea's death coming as soon as the flashback had her tell Clef she wouldn't die until she made the weapons for the Magic Knights. Granted, some parts later in the episode made me question that prediction, but the death generally wasn't a surprise to me all the same.

It's nice to know the show isn't afraid to kill off characters, though.

I would ask "now what?", but they'll probably get directions from Clef again.
Mar 6, 2018 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
witchwings said:
I also noticed the two Mokonas, I thought it was my imagination.
I read your comment and was "What? Two Mokonas? What did I miss?"

It took me a while but I found it

Is this animation error or is there more to it?

Noodle070 said:
Uh...why didn't Fuu use her healing magic...? Even if it wasn't going to work she should have at least TRIED to save Presea's life instead of just standing there :/
That's my only complain in otherwise great episode. She should have at least tried. If she did, Presea's death would be even more impactful.
Aug 14, 2018 1:45 AM
Jan 2013
This episode would have been my favorite so far if it wasn't for the forced drama at the end.
The weapon creation was beautiful and I'd never really seen anything like this before, I also liked the battle scenes, and the unique and sortof bizarre sounds they made for the worm monster.

However, killing Presea off like they did was just lazy. Fuu could have tried to heal her right then and there, but she just stood there doing absolutely nothing. It just seemed like the writers wanted a quick and convenient enough way to give the main characters a reason to grow.
Sep 21, 2018 7:14 AM

Dec 2015
It's just me or this Atalanta worm moster has the same sound as Mother Brain from Super Metroid?
Jan 29, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 2012
I've been enjoying the series thus far but this episode wasn't very good.

First I thought they couldn't use magic in that place? I guess I must have missed something :S

Secondly killing off Presea seems pretty pointless, not only that but her death was pretty lame. I mean she had zero wounds or injuries other than a few scuff marks, add to that Fuu just standing around not even attempting to heal her and yeah it just didn't have any impact. It always annoys me when characters are killed off for little to no reason and this was definitely one of those times.
Sep 27, 2020 12:27 PM

Nov 2017
Looks like Mothra got a new gig.

Oh mayne, Presea died! I was kinda expecting it, but thought the anime would surprise me and be like, "Naw, I didn't die, I got severely injured though and you won't see much of me after this." But I won't be seeing her any more after this episode
Aug 4, 2021 6:50 PM

Jun 2015
0ni_Link said:
It's just me or this Atalanta worm moster has the same sound as Mother Brain from Super Metroid?

They're all based on Mothra's cry. Atalante doesn't even try to hide that, though
Dec 10, 2021 8:11 AM
Mar 2019
WHY. DID. NOT. FUU. HEAL. HER?!? At least try to! Unforgivable.

I expected this would happen, after the flashback. But also, I half expected that somehow she would be healed or come back.

How did the girls lift the boulder on top of Presea anyway?
Jun 30, 2022 9:36 PM

Jan 2020
I did not care for this varkid-esque bug monster. I'm glad it died. Though, it did have a cool concept of adapting to attacks and evolving, pretty neat.

I do wish the girls hadn't all gotten swords though. Especially since Fuu had a bow and arrow before. I think they should've gotten unique weapons.

Also, Presea dying is upsetting. I liked her, and I feel like she could've continued to help the girls in the future. Ascot is the worst and I hope he meets the same fate as his bug.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 22, 2023 5:49 PM

Jul 2021
Feniksrises said:
Ha this is what makes Japan stand apart from the US. This anime was intended for children and it can get pretty dark.

American cartoons rarely get serious, I wonder why?
Not really, Avatar, Batman, Gargoyles, Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, Adventure Time and even Steven Universe get really dark.

lrissy said:
WHY DID FUU NOT HEAL HER

I assume she can only heal lesser wounds, Umi simply got a small cut, Presea was crushed by a boulder.
AzafuseKingToraFeb 22, 2023 5:54 PM
May 13, 2023 3:18 PM

Sep 2020
ARGHHHH! One of my biggest pet peeves is characters "conveniently" forgetting healing magic exists and don't even try.

commonxreaction said:
I do wish the girls hadn't all gotten swords though. Especially since Fuu had a bow and arrow before. I think they should've gotten unique weapons.

Also disappointing. I would've liked to have seen a spear (preferably Umi) but at least give each a noticeably cool design instead of just the hilts/guards (like a hook sword or double end points)
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
May 30, 2023 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
what the heck?? presea never died in the manga. she’s literally the best character how could they do her so dirty?
Jul 4, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 2017
This is getting farther and farther from the manga. First Clef wasn't turned to stone, now Presea wasn't killed, plenty of new stuff all over. Oh well, its too early to see why they changed it, this thing has 49 episodes.
Oct 27, 2023 8:39 PM

Apr 2016
Come on glasses girl, you could have at least pretended to heal her, not even a "what if I use my magic" phrase, nope, just standing there...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Yesterday, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 11 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Dec 31, 2010

12 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 10 Discussion

Shocked - Dec 6, 2013

12 by Safrichh »»
Feb 13, 8:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.