Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2014 2:30 AM

May 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was a nice chapter, it's kinda sad to see it end because it started the same year I was born (1988).

Kosuke-san told us not to be sad because there would be a new serialization that would take it's place (I'm going to find out what exactly took it's place).

Ahhh man, nice wedding and lol on Skuld stocks going up.

I'm giving it a 8/10.
ArdanazApr 16, 2017 6:56 AM
May 19, 2014 4:17 AM

Oct 2013
I can't believe it's over now. The ending itself is great. I woudn't change it. May they live happily forever!

On the other hand I have the blues currently. I need something to make up for that. :(
May 27, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2008
JCDRANZER said:
It was a nice chapter, it's kinda sad to see it end because it started the same year I was born (1988).

Same here, hehe.

The ending felt "rushed" to me. As if Fujishima-sensei couldn't stand to drawa single more chapter. We didn't even get a cliche everything-goes-back-normal scene with them playing around at home. :(

All in all it is difficult to be mad at lacking ending with so much feels going on for the entire series. It will be missed.
Jun 5, 2014 2:43 PM

Mar 2010
Well that's it boys and girls, time to hit the world and look for your soulmate, because you're not gonna dial that wrong number, no matter how many times you try...
Right?
Jun 14, 2014 11:19 PM
Mar 2013
And so it ends.
I remember when I first saw the manga when I was 6 years old back in 2000. Since then I have been reading this manga here and there.

The chapter itself wasn't anything surprise. Very straightforward and not too disappointing. I like how Keiichi starts and ends with the confession to Belldandy. I just hope there is going to be a special bonus chapter because it ended so abruptly ><

It is sad to leave for some of us, a childhood memory. But we knew that it would happen sooner or later.

All I want to say is: Thank you so much for all the hard work you have put in to this manga for the last 26 years, Kosuke Fujishima!! I am glad and grateful that I have followed in this long journey. It was fun, sad, emotional, heart warming. I will be waiting for your new manga series so please don't leave us hanging too long :)

again thank you so much!!
Jun 15, 2014 12:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's really the end of an era. I cannot believe it's finished. I'm expecting a bonus chapter at some point. The humans have to see a married Keiichi and Belldandy, right?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 15, 2014 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
such an unsatisfying end for a really great manga. there should have been a better ending than that. personally, i would have preferred him becoming a god or something.
Aug 2, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2008
kisami said:
such an unsatisfying end for a really great manga. there should have been a better ending than that. personally, i would have preferred him becoming a god or something.

Well, yes, I also feel ya.
The wedding, could've been more grander, epic and flashier. While at least they got married and recognized, it didn't feel very complete and felt rather lacking, given how long the whole thing has been around for.
But at least, maybe he became a god at some point after that? I mean, look at the clues.
She's immortal. They made a vow to stay together forever. He has the door open for him, at any time he chooses, to accept Belldandy's father's offer on godhood, and he didn't totally threw the notion aside so left it open for future consideration.

To me, the 2005 anme adaptation of these series, really opened my mind up to enjoy anime other than generic "shonen" stuff (Think Naruto, Bleach, etc.). I think it was a pivotal point for me at the time towards really becoming an anime geek and fan.
The OST was the best I've ever heard for a TV show at the time (and among the best I can think of till npow), the animation was great, Belldandy's VA (Ms Inoue) was gorgeous, and the story was heart-warming and interesting.

Anyway, I will miss these series. Really nice stuff.
Aug 15, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
Seriously, this manga has been like the primary foundation of my manga and anime life. It would not be wrong to say that the majority of my tastes in manga and anime developed because of just a few series. For example one of them is Naruto. Another one of those original benchmark series for me is none other then Oh My Goddess. Man I feel like I am writing a eulogy here. This series is without a doubt the best romance series I have ever seen. Along with such great romance is Its mix of amazing fantasy elements, comedy, drama and even some pretty intense action, All while following beautiful women who are literally goddesses. Its just a complete masterpiece. I would also say that for some reason I felt a weird kind of connection to the series as it is actually the same age as me. We were both born in the year 1988. At 26 years Oh My Goddess has literally been around since I was born and now it is finishing with only 308 chapters. I can say that I still find Urd to be one of the most amazing characters I know to this day. I love her, I am going to greatly miss seeing new chapters with her. I am going to miss this series so very much. Farewell, Oh My Goddess, my dear friend
Aug 19, 2014 5:15 PM
Jan 2011
That was really the only way this could end. Have them getting married.
Aug 26, 2014 7:58 AM

May 2013
honestly i feel the same as alot of you here the ending was abrupt and left me with a feeling of whats next
i loved this manga and i will miss it so
i hope that eventually if at all maybe kousuke fujishima might pick up from where he left off except with maybe their kids or if anything from where skuld's relationship is but idk i have too many mixed emotions after the abrupt ending so i guess we will wait and see
i wonder if the new serialization mentioned in this chapter at the end will be good
[noimg]http://ilp.moe/Index%20top.png[/noimg]
Image scheme by AIDA
Dec 19, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2008
I wanted to see more. :(

Dec 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2007
Annnd 100 chapter marathon is over. God, can't even remember when I started reading this series, still surprised that it is really finished. It would be nice if the final arc would get an anime someday.
Mar 1, 2015 10:19 PM
Jan 2011
Kōsuke definitely could have fit more in for the ending. It was 200 chapters of will they/won't they and slice of life.
May 24, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
The slice of life was the best part actually, along with racing.

The hell arc however, which was the last and longest had my least favorite element. That being battles and the world system. It was pretty long too. Definitely could have shaved off some fat or just have more SoL. The ending is nice, but I never really cared about the romance that much.
Jun 18, 2015 5:55 AM

Sep 2007
I just marathoned through all 48 volumes (last time I caught up it was 27) and wow. Still hard to believe it finally ended. It does seem like it ends rather abruptly, but really, what is there left to say? Everything's going to be fine. This manga as a whole is rather uplifting, I think. Romantic comedy supernatural slice of life racing manga? Good work, Fujishima-san.
Oct 4, 2015 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Finished it and well...

It was a good series, not extraordinary but good. Somehow, I felt the ending was rather predictable but still sweet with the cosmic-like background as well as the strong chemistry between Keiichi and Belldandy. 7/10. Would not mind more anime adaptations of this.
Nov 17, 2015 10:36 PM

Apr 2008
Hard to believe I finally reached the end. This series has been such a constant fixture for me that it's hard to believe any new reader will have the leisure to read a completed series without having to wait twenty five or so years to get to the conclusion.

My only regret is that it ends without us getting another chance to see all the supporting characters one last time (Megumi, Chihiro, Banpei, Sigel, Sayako, etc). Like the last we saw of Hasegawa was her boob assault on Aoshima.
Jan 16, 2016 4:56 PM

Dec 2015
Very long lasting reading, so many chapters. I'm glad that I've stuck to it even though first chapters wasn't that visually pleasing. Art was gradually better over time. Still can't imagine reading it for 20 years.

About that ending, it felt a little rushed. We didn't have a chance to see some other characters - Megumi (missing a wedding of brother, really?) or didn't know it they are still ok - Sigel (looked pretty much destroyed).

Also I'm not sure what happened to Belldandy's angel, I think somewhere like 5-10 chapters before end, she was ripped off, turned to and egg and I don't remember her coming back.

Oh well, it was still pretty enjoyable and great piece of work.

There is one thing that I wasn't happy about in a story, when Keiichi passed that demon-angel away. I think that could be handled differently, it would be nice if he could keep her. After transferring to Welsper, he gave ger quite bad and long name and it was over. We never saw her again, not even cat magic, she was quite forgotten. I was hoping for more of that synergy they had with main protagonist.
Mar 19, 2016 6:46 PM
Oct 2015
Just finished it, I don't understand these manga artist , 26 years over 300 chapters , and you rush to an incomplete freaking ending , just give us the closure damm it---- on a side note I do love how keen chi was under a curse to seal his lust for bell dandy , it explained so much more that somone so deep in love and mentally and psyicalky brave never tried past first base-- dam you world force!
Apr 12, 2016 8:24 AM
Oct 2014
How are they in the end in manga?
They get married (Koi & Bel) ?
Spoiler pls

Dodara said:
Well that's it boys and girls, time to hit the world and look for your soulmate, because you're not gonna dial that wrong number, no matter how many times you try...
Right?

Ur comment remind me of RL. Thx dude.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Jul 16, 2016 2:28 PM
Jan 2011
Will Keichi grow old and die and Belldandy remains young living for centuries and aftewards falling in love with another guy, maybe a god from heaven? Shit ending.
Jun 9, 2021 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Until the last arc I was convinced Belldandy would become human. That matter was done for me once Keiichi was tested.

Well, imperfect ending to a series I enjoyed greatly.

Not taking an issue with the wedding ceremony, it was in fact wonderful. I liked the whole presentation. The last line from the beginning of the series. Generally, the final stretch did more right than wrong. It's just that the fails were more on the unfortunate side.

The usual cuplrit is a lack of epilogue. A casual scene with all the other characters, you know, nothing too fancy. Speaking of which. I liked the final arc well enough, not as much as the slice of life parts with recurring characters, but it had an interesting variety compared to other serious arcs. I just don't get how the mangaka could spend so many chapters on it without giving the supporting characters at least a bit more closure. He could've easily taken half of it and invest it in aforementioned aspects. The reasons behind that seem like a mystery to me, was he burnt out or did he really already focus on something else? Either way, a pity.

He created many characters I grew fond of. Urd was W from the beginning. Belldandy always adorable slowly developed to one of my favorite love interests. I even warmed up to Skuld. The supporting cast was pretty loveable too. Keiichi didn't blew me away, but neither was there anything to dislike. The character did it's job and grew over time.

Credits for that and all the work in 26 years of publication.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aa! Megami-sama! Chapter 206 Discussion

DarkInsomnia57 - Aug 22, 2023

0 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Aug 22, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » Aa! Megami-sama! Chapter 205 Discussion

DarkInsomnia57 - Aug 19, 2023

0 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:26 PM

» Chapter 203

DarkInsomnia57 - Aug 18, 2023

0 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Aug 18, 2023 1:58 PM

» Good manga until the magical castration and the lying by Belldandy.

xsilicon9 - Sep 15, 2021

2 by curvedtree »»
Jul 17, 2022 10:16 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess Chapter 285 Discussion

UsagiAddict - May 28, 2012

11 by FMmatron »»
Jun 5, 2021 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.