Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 19, 2015 12:58 AM
Feb 2011
So much butthurt in this thread...

Yeah, Obito's new voice sucks; bring back Tobidara!

lol, Madara was tired of the speeches too.

Obito's a boss: Look around you and say it again!

Those bijuu bombs reminded me of the Tsuchikage's dust particle jutsu.

Hinata didn't stutter!

When Hinata slapped/cupped Naruto's face, I imagined her telling him she's pregnant with his child XD

And you could tell she was relishing finaly being able to touch him XD

And it seems all the shippers that said Hinata woud get Naruto over Neji's dead body were right XD
Aug 4, 2015 4:55 PM

Nov 2012
RIP Neji.

He might not have had an important role at all,but his death had some impact on me.
Aug 17, 2015 10:54 PM

Jan 2015
That totally sucks what happened to Neji. :(

This war has been going on for the last 100 episodes already. (probably over-exaggerating but still it seems to be going on for the longest)
Jan 31, 2016 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
Yup, I felt 0 emotion for any of these characters deaths, especially Neji. Oh no, some random side character who barley got any screen time just kicked the bucket....moving on.

I also love how Naruto gets up after Neji's death, seemingly proving Obito wrong. Please, Neji and Naruto barley talked, they were more acquaintances then friends. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been holding it together so well after Hinata's little speech had that been Kakashi or Sakura dead on the floor rather then Neji. It's like comparing the death of a close friend or family member to some random joe you see at work everyday, but don't really talk to outside of work, it's not the same thing lol.

Obito's past situation and Naruto's current situation are hardly comparable.
Shape430Jan 31, 2016 7:13 PM
Jul 19, 2016 10:43 AM
May 2013
Needs more episodes like this , more characters need to die .
Jul 22, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2015
Neji, Shikaku and Inoichi. I...

So many feels. That episode was devastating. I really hoped Neji had said more to Hinata, but I guess he did give his life for hers.

The moment between them was very sweet too.

You will be missed Neji, Shikaku and Inoichi.
Sep 22, 2016 10:51 AM

Sep 2014
Finally some important characters died from allied force RIP guys you did well
Oct 16, 2016 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
pretty good. i really want everyone to wiped out lmao. Neji dying was predictable but interesting.
Mar 30, 2017 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
Inoichi: Niga, I'm right in front of you. You don't need to yell.
Poor Shikaku and Inoichi and all the others in the base.
Damn. Can't believe Neji is dead.
That one dude got struck near his dick.
The only reason Sakura couldn't slap Naruto and give him hope is because she was far away doing her job as a medic ninja.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 12, 2017 12:51 AM

May 2013
Already spoiled about Neji's death, but now I know how it happens Q___Q
You did good, Neji

Didn't know HQ got biju bombed too TT_____TT it really sucks for Shika and Ino to suppress their grief for the time being </3

On another note, Hinata always been best girl and she proves it again this ep
NaruHina 5evaaaaaa D':
Apr 24, 2017 3:25 AM

Jan 2014
WOW.
SO MANY DEATH.
Shikaku, Inoichi, and the other team in HQ.
NEJI.

LIE DOWN.. TRY NOT TO CRY.. CRY A LOT...
Jul 20, 2017 12:03 AM

Dec 2012
I CANT BELIEVE NARUTO STILL HASNT REPLIED TO HINATAS CONFESSION

so much happened this episode

shaken
Feb 11, 2018 2:21 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Neji died, i don´t believe!!!
It was very sad, but it was a new start in this large war!!!
Jyuubi changed!!!
Aug 25, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2015
I was waiting for Naruto to say something like "when this war is over I want to marry you Hinata" or something like that
I agree Neji's death wasn't impactful enough. He died like a dog getting run over on the highway.
I even felt Shikamaru and Ino's dads death to be sadder.
Sep 6, 2019 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
NOOOOOOOOO NEJI!! D: </3
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 19, 2019 8:51 PM

Jun 2017
NOOOOOOO WHY NEJI!!!๐Ÿ˜ญ(Even though I already had his death spoiled for me.) His death was so unnecessary!
R.I.P. Neji, Shikaku, Inoichi, the HQ Ninjas, and all the other Ninja who died.
Nov 10, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2017
I come back after three years and Neji dies. WTF?

Also, damn, stop complaining about the FUCKING ANIMATION. Every show, every thread, manga readers inevitably say, "It's not FMAB level, I h8 it!" Man oh man, get OVER yourselves.

And Shippuden has top-grade animation quality. "It's not Akira the movie, so I fucking hate it." OMG, give me a break! They animated a giant spine-lizard, how is that not good enough for you?

Sure, in a movie Neji's death would have been seamless, but it's still a SHOW with 500 episodes. Come on, I mean this show regularly falls into filler all the time, and you're complaining about original content? Oh pleaze.

I guess every show is broken then, the animation quality is always bad! Why didn't my Asian slaves fight harder for me in the trenches? I wanted Neji to burst into a million pieces when he died! Where's my gory content?

And now author pulls an ass-pull where Hinata and Naruto are holding hands, the most unnatural relationship in the entire story that he couldn't make work at all because it never should have happened.

"I still love our little rogue, Sasuke," --Sakura, the ultimate cuck.
Dec 13, 2019 11:30 AM

May 2018
Neji: I'm relevant dammit! I'll do anything to become relevant!!
Kishimoto: I'll make you relevant, Neji, but under 1 condition...
Neji: Oh shit oh fuck
Jun 16, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2019
Inoichi and Shikaku - Konoha lost genius people.
Neji - why? I liked him. I even liked him more after watching Naruto SD
Kakashi whispered: Obito - I know how do you feel Kakashi-Sensei! Anger and disappointment, speechless as well.
Aug 19, 2020 9:21 PM
Jun 2020
Never did an episode of Naruto shook not only RIP to the boy Neji but RIP to everybody at HQ
Sep 11, 2020 12:38 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
It's starting to hit me more.
Neji has been a character who has had some nice gradual change. He had been my favorite character until Suigetsu came along, yet I've always regarded Neji as the better character of the two despite my choce of favorites.

We started off with a Neji who was strong in skills but felt his fate was unfair. After losing to Naruto, he started to have a change of heart. It could have been just a quick change, but instead we had some time and episodes spent on showing his gradual change. He started to become a lot less bitter and started caring about the people and world around him more. His demeanor changed. Truth be told, there really wasn't much more change Neji himself was able to go through. He was already at his best, pretty much. So I get it. I really do understand why they chose Neji as someone to be killed off. But that doesn't make it any less unfortunate to see someone who has come so far-- so freaking far and grown so much-- die.

Unlike some characters where it feels like you learn more about him once they're already dead or close to it (which has been fine too), we've grown with Neji. Or at least I did. In the beginning, I 100% sided with Neji and always kinda identified with his previous ideas due to having a relatable situation/experience (at least as I view it). Growing and changing my ideas along with Neji was something kinda important to me, and so Neji was important to me in general.

So I am genuinely shedding some tears over Neji's death, yet also so proud of him. Though, at first, this was the exact death he was bitter against (dying for the sake of the main branch), he chose this path himself instead of feeling like he couldn't defy a death like that. It kinda feels like we've just come full circle once I put it like that, but it really has been a long journey for him.

Rest in peace, Neji. You're the best.
SwiggyNov 6, 2020 5:38 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 20, 2020 7:35 PM

Jan 2020
damn rip neji bruh :(
Jan 2, 2021 11:17 PM
Master

Sep 2012
I knew what's gonna happen, since I've seen hellla lot Spoiler back than when the Manga Chapter came out... But, I somehow wasn't really ready for Neji's Death T___T to see it
But I didn't knew Shukaku and Inoichi are also going to die T^T

And I don't really get it why so many are complaining about the Animation and stuff x:
Mar 24, 2021 6:16 PM

Dec 2007
read here that people said that neji's death wasn't enough dramatic, i actually loved this way more, his own death shouldn't be more than other shinobi deaths, only the impact on naruto should been the dramatic and the crucial one, that's the important part i believe, than "oh gosh neji is dead", his death should be shocking naruto, not being more dramatic than others, lots of shinobi killed in this war, just because he was naruto's friend he suppose to have more dramatic death? even shikamaru's and ino's fathers deaths had little silent dramatic. and it might be little rock heart from me, but from part 1 neji didn't have much of role as he ad in part 1, which is i guess the reason for kishimoto to kill him and not rock lee, rock lee is to awesome to be dead.

and though the pace was little too fast, i actually don't think they could have made this episode end better.
though i hope the pace to stabilise in the next episodes.
May 13, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2019
I just wanna comment on something I think nobody bothered to comment on.

Who's the nutjob who said, "Hyuuga is the mightiest in Konoha!"? Well, since all the Uchiha are either dead or left Konoha, I guess you could say that now. ๐Ÿคฃ
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
May 15, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2019
Well, that was an episode.

First of all, I don't have that much problem with the animation, not even close to how bad it looked during the best arc (the pain fight).

R.I.P Neji. It came out of nowhere and I was also somewhat spoiled on his death but the soundtrack made the scene more emotional. The scene were the "brain" of the allied shinobi force died was worse honestly. That scene felt sad. Hinata also taking some spotlight so that's good.

Now, what happens next!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 25, 2021 4:29 AM

May 2020
Just too many deaths in a single episode,and this time really Neji is no more.Next episode will have Sasuke so will see where that will go
Nov 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Feb 2021
So you're telling me that doesn't look like a spiked poo-poo on 10 tails back??

Nov 27, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2021
Wait so like Shikaku, Inoichi, Ao and others are dead? Wtf?

Also don't get me wrong I do like Neji a lot but his death wasn't really impactful. He could have used rotation to avoid it. It was pointless in my opinion. But hey Obito did prove to Naruto that he couldn't protect everyone. He really contradicted his beliefs. Harsh reality.

Props to Hinata for giving one hell of a speech.
DeonXNov 27, 2021 10:54 PM

Nov 28, 2021 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
Yet another spoiled anime death finally out of the way. Thanks, internet!
Apr 17, 2022 11:01 AM

Oct 2019
Oh my god! Oh my godddd!!!! Wtf happened Neji ,the whole intel squad dead! (*_*).
Just Y ,Y!! they didnt give Neji one last fight or something one of the fav. character , I became his fan from Sasuke rescue mission from then to now he is been invisible so disappointed. I think he deserve one last battle.
Ok so now positive part :- Man!! Hinata!! My gurl's pep talk really help Naruto snap back becoz what Obito was doing anyone could wobble towards their goal, I really like that he hold her hand ๐Ÿค. I little bit like the idea of genjutsu world but again u can never escape reality.

Naruto can now give his nine tail chakra to anyone ๐Ÿ˜ฑ damn awesome i thought only Kurama could do that.

Still sad about Neji rip ๐Ÿ’”

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Apr 17, 2022 11:07 AM

Oct 2019
Zewerr said:
Yet another spoiled anime death finally out of the way. Thanks, internet!

Ya i feel u bro , for me it was spoiled when i was just starting Naruto shipudden so its even more .

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Apr 17, 2022 11:11 AM

Oct 2019
[quote=DeonX message=65041476]So you're telling me that doesn't look like a spiked poo-poo on 10 tails back??

Wow i didnt even notice that

- Itachi Uchiha

Mar 19, 2023 4:44 AM
Aug 2022
i love neji, very touching episode :( 

obito finally brings the shippuden in this long war arc.. 
Mar 25, 1:41 PM

Mar 2019
R.I.P Neji, Inoichi and Shikaku.๐Ÿ™
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.