Forum Settings
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2014 1:16 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kii-chan is growing up, and she treats Tomoko like a dog, lol
...Those "fashion" costume and hair style doesn't suit Tomoko at all.
Jun 11, 2014 9:31 PM

Nov 2011
Oh God that last scene.

Eh idk. I found that "fashion" to be funny on Tomoko. The series makes fun of itself and the character so in essence, the costume furthers that and I got some good laughs from it.
Jun 11, 2014 9:37 PM
Mar 2012
Her self esteem must be completely destroyed XD
Jun 11, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
i love the "lol nope" style of kii-chan
Jun 11, 2014 10:39 PM

Jan 2012
This chapter made me feel more sorry for Tomoko than any in quite awhile, possibly ever. Astoundingly depressing but that's part of the reason this series is so great. :D
Jun 11, 2014 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
I knew Kii-chan would put the dog hair clip on Tomoko.
Jun 12, 2014 7:22 AM

Mar 2008
aside all the things in this chapter, WTF with that place where girls in mini skirts go to get guys
Jun 13, 2014 6:27 AM
Nov 2010
I can't tell if Kii-chan is being condescending or it's just Tomoko thinking the worst of people again.
Jun 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
Does this make her a b**ch?
Jun 13, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2009
not sure if progress
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 16, 2014 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
Wow... we can post pics again? Since when was this? o.0

-----------------------------------

Dammit, Tomoko! Wishing things like that to happen.
Jun 16, 2014 5:35 PM

Jul 2007
Mendicant said:
I can't tell if Kii-chan is being condescending or it's just Tomoko thinking the worst of people again.

Little of column A, little of column B...
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jun 17, 2014 5:49 PM

May 2011
Lmao, that hair was ridiculous, but the outfit wasn't so bad. I mostly felt it was Tomoko's posture that was throwing the look off. I did have some laughs at the way Kii-chan has figured out how to deal with Tomoko though. Her brother could learn a couple things. :P
Aug 21, 2016 9:10 PM
Jul 2016
NaughtyNoddy said:
Does this make her a b**ch?

a bitch cadet, maybe
Sep 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Mar 2015
She literally became Kii's bitch. Dog hairstyle, being left like a dog, protecting her owner, sniffing things out, being groomed, etc.

Aug 6, 2019 1:59 PM

Nov 2017
I found this one highly disturbing. Not against the author's sake, just in supporting this poor character.

Tomoko has to: act feminine, dress feminine, or else she doesn't matter. Her own mother treats her like garbage and leaves a grown girl with her younger cousin for no reason.

Her younger cousin has completely bought into society's aesthetics: hair, makeup, dressing up in expensive, pretty dresses. I give her credit for caring about her cousin, but treating her like she has to completely change her ways, she's pushing her own standards onto Tomoko.

It felt heartbreaking. People are like that, they want to go with the flow, the path of easiest resistance. They'll spend their whole lives like that, lost in some forbidden tower where they never knew themselves, simply because it was the easiest path.

Her cousin Kii follows the feminine standard, she will get a husband, 1.5 children, a small place, act happy, and she will suit her role as best she can her whole life.

Because that's what society told you to do. Meanwhile, Tomoko doesn't do that. She lives by her own rules. She's miserable because everyone has left her behind, but why doesn't society have a place for her?

Because unnormals like her are the bitch of society, a dog to be petted for its stupidity, if raised up correctly perhaps someday it could be a proper pooch.

This manga is all about the two different people in society: the individual and the follower of path of least resistance. Path of least resistance gets all the treats. Yet somehow the individual cannot help but be who they are in a way; path of least resistance will never understand them.

Tomoko is very likely halfway queer/bisexual. She does have male normative attitudes. And I feel like the manga has pointed out so far that she's kind of into both a bit.

You feel sorry for Tomoko, that she cannot just be herself and be accepted for who she is. She kind of straddles the line between the two worlds.

Yeah, she dresses in somewhat gender neutral clothing, does gender neutral things. Is it a crime? Her life is going to be hard because she doesn't exactly fit the role suited for her.

It's amazing how parents, her own mom, doesn't really respect her because she acts the way that is natural to her. She's dismissed because she doesn't fit role type 1-a: feminine girl vs her brother's type 1-b macho male.

This is all very discouraging gender conformity. What an interesting manga, the author does an excellent job, so hooked.
Aug 5, 2020 11:03 PM

Feb 2018
Tomoko you're so cute with those dress
Feb 7, 2021 6:22 AM

Nov 2016
Omg, Kii-chan became so savage

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 222 Discussion

waalex11 - Mar 27

5 by waalex11 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 221 Discussion

fluffycow17 - Mar 6

3 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Mar 6, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 220 Discussion

waalex11 - Feb 21

0 by waalex11 »»
Feb 21, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 219 Discussion

BlueBullet178 - Jan 14

1 by PsicoKenji »»
Jan 14, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 218 Discussion

fluffycow17 - Dec 6, 2023

4 by Retolee »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.