Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: No Game No Life Episode 9 Discussion

Jul 25, 2015 5:27 PM

That was really quite the episode. I wonder how long it took to think that up.

Aug 24, 2015 10:03 PM

Loved how they opened the episode. And loved Sora's mind game. He's sort of a genius! :D
But that ending freaked me out, though! I'd have killed myself if Sora turned out to be a creep'o! ;_;

Let's take over the animal world now! It's about time!

Sep 19, 2015 3:25 AM

Not sure how this show is going to wrap up in 12 episodes!

I'll be honest there was a lot going on here that was hard to keep up with at times (for me, I couldn't stay focused). But it all came together in the end :) Still getting Code Geass vibes from Sora...
♥♥ American in Tokyo with a love of anime & food ♥♥
5500+ followers ◼︎ Follow me on Instagram for Japanese food culture & language facts ◼︎
550+ anime watched ◼︎ Follow my love for anime here on MAL ◼︎
1600+ restaurant reviews in Tokyo ◼︎ Follow my food adventures in Tokyo on SynchroLife ◼︎

Sep 28, 2015 8:51 PM
Shiro should lose
Her king is in a checkmate, she shouldnt be able to move her pieces

Nov 15, 2015 11:23 AM

So it was not what I thought... :/ They are still in this world...
Both episode 8 and 9 were not the best ones from this anime, they were different. It is not bad, but some things were not explained enough for me... Maybe I should read the novel then?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Nov 15, 2015 2:17 PM

Thyriad-oPPailov said:
So it was not what I thought... :/ They are still in this world...
Both episode 8 and 9 were not the best ones from this anime, they were different. It is not bad, but some things were not explained enough for me... Maybe I should read the novel then?

That is interesting. Most people thought this episode was a nice change from the usual, myself included. However, I will agree with you it was not explained quite well enough. The whole Othello game was very complex and I still do not fully understand how Shiro is able to participate. That and the whole memory trading deal.

Nov 17, 2015 3:21 AM

shiro is cute af >w< the episode was pretty creepy and weird but..the only one that can really understand how sora thinks is shiro..i bet even the mangaka doesn't understand sora as much as shiro xD

Dec 1, 2015 11:28 AM

The way the episode ended this was so funny.

Dec 23, 2015 2:56 PM

I don't understand.

If the final goal is to just get Kurami to trust in Sora and help him out, why didn't Sora just make that as the result if he won? Why goes through the huge trouble of risking his existence???

Dec 30, 2015 11:40 AM
The Stray

It was a good episode...
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
_______

Jan 8, 2016 5:55 PM

lol at the backstory at the beginning. It's like they chose such a Mary Sue-ish backstory on purpose.

Also, this show is not winning any extra points by making retarded meme references.

1/5

Feb 3, 2016 6:37 PM

Damn that was awesome. The trust they have in each other is so lovely.
And yay, new allies *.*
REALLLY looking forward to the game with the warbeasts, hope it is s epic has the game with Jibril *.*
Next episode already XD
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Mar 31, 2016 12:25 PM

Another amazing episode, Shiro and Sora have such a beautiful relationship with each other

Apr 13, 2016 8:03 PM
Man that episode was intense but i loved the end. I really thought what the heck, i ship it, then the scene became much cuter!

Jun 20, 2016 11:42 PM

What an amazing episode the concept for that game was amazing!!! The fact that he had absolute trust in his sister is epic. This episode made this amazing show stand out even more. The most beautiful part was the three most important things, more important than his own existence. The way to win the game, His absolute trust in his sister, and everything I am <3
Modified by QcK_Dagger_HeaT, Jun 21, 2016 12:08 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]

Jul 29, 2016 9:34 PM
That episode was intense. Trying just as hard as Shiro did to figure out what was gong on. Impressively done. From what I have seen in the comments it says that the LN goes into greater lengths. Interesting, might have to check that out

Aug 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Honestly, I just turned my brain off, stopped caring and waited for the results.

Sep 4, 2016 1:51 AM

HAHAHA! They're all too cute at the end xDD

Loved seeing that sibling backdrop story :D

Sep 7, 2016 3:05 PM

Betting one's existence. They really don't know how to take their foot off the pedal.

5/5 Shiro best Imouto

Nov 17, 2016 1:40 PM
good episode,but the final was litlle confusion,but relative probably.

Dec 23, 2016 5:43 PM

That was suffocation only because we really didn't know what the hell was happening :l

Behold of my awesomeness~

Jan 3, 2017 4:33 PM

So awesome episode. Too bad that this is only 12 series. ;(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jan 27, 2017 2:16 PM
I almost cry, was a nice episode but a sad one :(
Sona and Shiro must stay together forever !!!

Mar 20, 2017 12:34 PM
I just finished this episode and the previous one and holy hell, that was intense. The beginning of the episode starts and I am already getting worked up. And that ending was a great way to play with my emotions. Geez, That's one emotional roller coaster that I am not ready to experience again soon, but I probably will end up returning to rewatch this one.

Apr 24, 2017 1:33 PM

Tbh this was a pretty slow ep, it seems that NGNL is awesome mainly thanks to Sora's charismatic personality, Shiro wouldn't be able to hold it as well just with her cuteness :c

Probably the worst game so far, but now we have Elf and purple girl at our side, yay! Kemonomimi land next!

Apr 27, 2017 7:29 AM

Ugh, rewatching this episode and I still feel so moved by Sora and Shiro's bond. I can't get enough of this anime. This is one of my favorite anime duos of all time.

Rewatching it this week, I was starting to feel a little bitter towards them because of the way they mistreat the others around them, but I had to remind myself they were ostracized and rejected by society so of course they are hostile towards others. I think they're relationship is so special and this episode pinpointed the heart of why.

I wanna say, "I can't wait to see what happens next" but I've already watched this anime over the summer!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 9, 2017 8:28 AM
Episode 9 6:45
Shiro says he does not accept losing and moving troops
~> Shiro's flag is white and is Jibril's turn (black).
It was obvious that the black moon was shining like a white king then ~> Shira lost
=> That chessboard is not good

Jun 29, 2017 5:13 PM

This was a pretty cool episode, with Shiro working with Steph and Jibril to slowly figure out what was happening. That game of theirs was definitely interesting, would've liked more to see what was going on, but seeing Shiro's side of things was cool too. Not to mention Sora's top 3 pieces! The colouring effects really was some nice detail that fit in really well, especially considering last episode's ED. Seems like this makes Clammy and Fiel join up with our protags (who definitely are protags of a shounen series lol). I guess we have a couple episodes left to take over the Eastern Confederation but ... obviously we won't get through challenging Tet eh? :P I guess that's to be expected though XD

Aug 15, 2017 8:56 AM

Sora is indeed insane for gambling something like this! But hey! taking risks is what makes them having fun!

Oct 20, 2017 5:07 PM

I missed Sora, loved the ending.

Dec 22, 2017 11:25 PM

Super interesting episode. I wasn't sure what to expect. He just disappeared! But it was great. Just don't know how they are going to become god in 3 episodes but I can't wait to see.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

Feb 9, 2018 7:37 AM
THIS EPISODE WAS JUST WOW

Feb 27, 2018 3:54 PM

That sure is trippy! This episode clearly shows how familiar Shiro is with Sora. She knew what would Sora do even if she almost doesn't have any memory of him or even know EXACTLY where the game board is.

Also, it's already mentioned that Sora and Shiro are not blood-related before but the past was finally told to the audiences. Seemed like Shiro has been experimented on...

Now I guess they have all the pieces to begin the complete world domination!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 28, 2018 10:43 PM

So they're not blood related? She was adopted.

Eh? I will never win that game, I'll be trapped like Saito in limbo in the movie Inception. >_<
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

Dec 29, 2018 2:57 PM

Damn bro Sora was trapped in the shadow realm
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Jan 30, 10:51 PM

This show is so cringey, Jesus Christ.

Feb 25, 8:22 PM

This anime is such greatness
I really wonder what the game will be
And now I am not sure that they will fight the god in the next 3 episodes that would be waaay to rushed

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 18, 11:24 AM
Yandere yandere

Sora is a terrible protiganist, he's totally unrelateable. How can anyone relate to someone who never loses, is always perfect but is also arrogant. Hate him so much honestly. How they keep winning isn't even believable, just total ass pulls.

May 18, 12:10 PM

And now we have an elf....Beast Nation you're next.

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]