Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 9:18 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hooray for Pretty Sammy! I enjoyed Mihoshi's tale, though I felt very sorry for Kiyone at the end.
Jun 9, 2015 3:47 AM

Jan 2012
Ayeka team sucks .

Oct 7, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
This was a nice special, I'm glad they retained the original antics of the original Tenchi Muyou! OVA series, like Ryouko falling in love with Tenchi when they first met.
Kiyone is an interesting character. If she's really that good as people say she is, then I'd like to see her in action a bit more, because, sadly, she didn't do all that much. It was Pretty Sammy that stole the show here (not that I mind...).
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Oct 14, 2016 5:19 AM

Dec 2015
For a supposed sci-fi comedy, it was never funny. The only part where I smiled was the magical girl caricature (and its credits extract too).

The fact it recycles the Tenchi Muyô characters up to their comedic behaviors was too much, there was no space left for anything new.

Enjoyment: 1.5+/5
Score: 4/10 it was nothing horrible since it doesn't affect the other OAVs but it wasn't bothered to deliver the minimum for an independant story.

More could have been done around Mihoshi's clumsiness to make a comedic case that she could have dsolved.
Rei_IIIOct 14, 2016 5:23 AM
Dec 31, 2019 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
this was pretty amazing
I think this is my favorite Tenchi anime now

Ryoko gonna ara ara Tenchi = best part

she kills her partner and the day is saved by a magical girl
Mihoshi can't even make herself look good when she's telling a story for that exact purpose lol

Feels like this special is pointing towards the style and tone of Tenchi Universe, including the first appearance of Kiyone, who I loved in Tenchi Universe, who plays the role of Inspector Dreyfus to Mihoshi's Inspector Clouseau.

Loved the Snow White OP
the OP
Nov 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Nov 2017
Kiyone has always been bomb af!~

This was a goofy OVA, but I still like it. It's pretty much able to encapsulate a lot of what makes the Tenchi series great in around 30 minutes!
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.