Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2014
That moment when Ishida was the one person connecting everyone in the group together. When he falls, everyone else falls with him.
May 6, 2017 12:56 AM

Dec 2014
well that ending in a awful way
Jul 11, 2017 3:44 PM
Feb 2016
finally! the true face of Kawai was showned. What a heavy chapter...
Sep 20, 2017 7:40 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly, the reason why there is this break down is trust issues and willingness to accept one another. People who knew Kawai couldn't really trust her as Sahara mention she was scary while Ueno said he never live an honest life. Ueno according to Shouya was never better than anyone it seems due to not calming her behavior. While she was forward, she never bother to controlled it. Mashiba, well....sure is bias. Nagatsuka always believe Shouya to be a great guy who treats him well when he himself is undergoing redemption. Ironically, Shouka who was treated the worse by Shouya in the past is the fact that He is willing to accept her faults/vice versa or perhaps sees a little of her treatment with her idk.
Mar 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
One of the strongest chapters soo far, it got me realy thriled. I somehow agree whit the X on theire heads, i just see them a little fake. I hope from now on Ishida will be try whit his feelings torwards Nishimua.
May 14, 2019 7:23 PM

Feb 2019
Satoshi hit Shoya. I mean, I commend Satoshi for the thing with the kids' backpacks and the teacher, but what does he know? He's only heard it from Miki and not from Shoya. Does he really think Miki is innocent?

Miki IS disgusting, because she's in denial about what she did. Naoka is far better than her, because she actually admits what she did and isn't in denial. It was sad to see the whole thing. I do like Naoka better now, definitely more than I like Miki.
Sep 24, 2019 7:49 PM

Jun 2015
i change my stance, i believe kawai here is the biggest bitch instead of ueno.
May 30, 2020 5:17 PM

Jan 2019
I never liked Mashiba 100% although I never understood why, this chapter just cleared my mind. It's just as Yuzuru said, who does Mashiba thinks he is?

Although at first it seemed that Mashiba did all those things (the backpacks, the teacher) for the victims, now I realize that he does it for his own ego. Hitting Ishida didn't help Nishimiya at all, but Mashiba did it anyway because he "takes revenge" on bullies to feel satisfaction himself. It's as if he has some kind of "Messiah complex", in the sense that he believes he has the right to take revenge against any bully, whether the victim wants it or not. After all, hitting Ishida is Nishimiya's right, not Mashiba's, even if Ishida gave him permission.

That's why I think he's the worst one out of the unmasked people in the group (and masked by an X at the same time, lol), because everyone (Sahara, Ueno and Kawai) have problems, they know it, and they deny it (or at least seem affected by it, like Ueno). Mashiba, on the other hand, doesn't even consider his personality a problem: he really believes that it's okay to meddle in other people's bussinesses and act as a totally superior avenger to satisfy himself. Although Nagatsuka has the same "Idon'tknowI'mwrong" problem, at least his actions don't involve physically attacking others for satisfaction.

I hope he learns that just because he was a victim before doesn't give him a free ticket to act as a judge in other people's lives now (and physically, on top).
RottenOrangeMay 30, 2020 5:21 PM
Aug 13, 2021 1:25 AM

Apr 2017
The group splitting up has already been foreshadowed ever since they went to the amusement park, and reinforced when Tomohiro blurted out that he was only including Shouko in the movie because Shouya considered her a friend. It had never been a true group of friends; almost everyone was in it because they were interested in someone else: Miki was interested in Satoshi, Miyoko was interested in Shouko, Naoka was interested in Shouya, Tomohiro likewise only cared about Shouya, and Shouya himself wanted Shouko to get along with everyone to appease his guilt. It's actually a bit sad that only Tomohiro cared about the movie.

Shouya really did the right thing in telling directly to Miki and Naoka's faces what bad people they were. Both of them tried to pin the blame on others and acted like they were either forced to bully Shouko, or didn't do as much as Shouya did. Somehow, Miki seems worse than Naoka now — at least Naoka is honest about being an awful person, as much as she tries to convince Shouya he is one too so she doesn't feel alone. The whole pretending to be scared of Shouya and throwing herself at Satoshi in tears was disgusting.

Satoshi coming in at the end with that punch was just...not cool. Yes, most people would be disgusted with Shouya for the bullying, but Satoshi had hung around both him and Shouko for awhile and saw that Shouko was OK around him, so doing this to supposedly "avenge" Shouko was...very white knight-ish and self-absorbed.
Pande91Aug 13, 2021 1:32 AM
Oct 29, 2021 8:42 PM

Jan 2021
Man Ishida just can't catch a break, can he? What sucks even more is that what we're seeing is completely within reason. Everyone's a teenager who's trying to do what they think is right, based on their own morals and pasts. If it were with characters who were simply more empathetic and less self-assured in the righteousness of their own viewpoint, they would probably stumble a little less. But it's journeys like these that create the more mature characters that we see elsewhere.

"It all returns to nothing. It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down..."
Jul 1, 2023 4:11 PM
Aug 2021
It's scary how good of a character Ishida is. Best chapter so far imo.
Apr 19, 12:11 AM

Aug 2018
The funniest thing about this is that the whole drama is about ishida's past when he bullied nishimya but she herself has no say in it. Everyone decides to bring it up and judge everyone except the victim herself who she's never asked about it. Kawai in the end only sees nishimya as the disabled person of the group who she tolerates and uses her as a way to glorify herself. Nishimya has already forgiven ishida and is in love with him but yeah sure go ahead and judge him and tell him he didn't make up for his sins when you don't even know anything about him or nishimya.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.