Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2014 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
Madara31 said:
I'm gonna hold off on blindly hating on Hajime until I find out why exactly he called Fujimiya a traitor. He wouldn't do so without good reason.

well i think it's pretty obvious
zzzeallyJun 1, 2014 11:14 AM

Jun 1, 2014 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
Kaori's mom is best mom.
And yeah, and this episode end scene was really predictable, my interest on this series dropped a bit.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jun 1, 2014 11:17 AM

Apr 2012
This show needs to pick up on the drama though...... the show doesn't have a drama tag on it e.e

It's getting a bit too slice of lifey for me. Still one of the better watches of the season though.

Jun 1, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Zeally said:
This show needs to pick up on the drama though...... the show doesn't have a drama tag on it e.e

Seriously, where the heck is the drama tag??
Jun 1, 2014 11:27 AM
Oct 2009
I hate Skrillex-kun. ;-;
Jun 1, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
kujo you bastard! why?!
Jun 1, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2012
Everybody need a friend like Shougo.
Jun 1, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2012
Zeally said:
Madara31 said:
I'm gonna hold off on blindly hating on Hajime until I find out why exactly he called Fujimiya a traitor. He wouldn't do so without good reason.

Yeah but didn't the mom talk about how the accident isn't what caused her memory loss in the end; it was on a more emotional level. It obviously has to do with this guy and using the word "traitor." It's like a trigger. Maybe initially she didn't recover her memories after the accident, didn't remember the promise, and then Hajime called her a traitor which caused the mental block in the first place.

By him calling her a traitor again it pretty much resurfaced what started it all. That's my theory.

Jul 2013
1st half was relaxed until the end where it changes. Kaori and Hase were progressing smoothly as well as Shougo and Saki reminiscing from elementary school.

Yup I hated that since he was introduced, I knew something bad is going to happen at the end there. Damn those feeling are coming when she lost her memories again...

Oct 2010
Zeally said:
Madara31 said:

And until all of that is confirmed, such as what the promise actually was, I'll hold off my judgement.
Jun 1, 2014 11:45 AM
Jul 2012
Waaa so happy happy then Kaori falls then dont rmb~ wth T^T

damn u Hajime~ (tho his cute)

i need next ep now!
Jun 1, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2009
Look at all these people blindly hating one someone who doesn't even know the situation.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jun 1, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2011
Saki and Shogo scene was very nice. Such a good build up til the very end when my heart was shattered. Curious to know who his Kujo guy is...
Jun 1, 2014 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
Shougo always knows best. That was a pretty nice moment with Shougo and Saki I'm enjoying their development towards each other.

Hase and Fujimiya just keep getting cuter and cuter up to that accidental trip on each other, too bad all Fujimiya noticed was dust in his hair. Go mom!

Well, looks like it'll be another while until those two ever get back to being as close as that again. I was afraid of Hajime shocking her back to her old self. Shougo needs to come in and do something about this.
Jun 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
I became more interested in Shogo and Saki than in main couple after this episode.I just love their characters so much...
Kaori lost memories again ;_; poor everyone.Im not hating on Hajime tho, he definitely has a reason to call her a traitor (it might have been a little too harsh to call her like that tho, but then again, he knows nothing about current Kaori) , which we can probably predict very easily.
3 episodes left.
Jun 1, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Dudewitbow said:
Look at all these people blindly hating one someone who doesn't even know the situation.
I don't despise him fully yet. I understand this guy doesn't know Fujimiya's problem. But perhaps it was a little too far when he flat out called her a traitor and stuff on just the first day. But whether that was too far or not depends on how their past went exactly. I'm also curious to know whether or not he at least knew she was hit by a car.
Jun 1, 2014 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
The scene at the end was intense. Fujimiya forgot about Hase after the a new transfer student named Hajime came and called her a traitor.

I wonder what happened between Fujimiya and Hajime in the past. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 1, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2013
Oh well.. there's no romance story without someone to stir some shit up.

In any case, I can't wait till they animate the latest chapter that focused on Saki and Shougo. Imo their relationship is really sweet and probably cuter than Fujimiya x Hase.
Jun 1, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
that was good :)
i really couldn't take it anymore so i read the manga

sorry for way bad English
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
Andreycs said:
I hate Skrillex-kun. ;-;

BWHAHAHA.

kaori is so innocent. dust? DUST? REALLY?! how you gotta tease a guy like that? hnghhhhhhh.
Jun 1, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2012
Im in pain..
looks like my sugar was ok but this time Im gonna check my heart..

Jun 1, 2014 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. I was completely melting at Shougo & Saki's scene. Shougo is just so cute.

And about the new guy, I don't dislike him. He has his reasons for feeling like he does and I can't hate him based of what he don't know or on a likely misunderstanding. I can't wait to see how things progress from here.
removed-userJun 1, 2014 1:32 PM
Jun 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2012
Noooo! What was that!?

Kurogashi said:
Andreycs said:
I hate Skrillex-kun. ;-;

BWHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHA
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jun 1, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2012
Shougo and Yamagishi's scene was a little less..I dunno 'colorful' than in the manga. It was the same content, but I liked the more colorful version, it felt a little sweeter even without music.

The direction in general this episode was a little different. It was like they were trying to downplay everything that happened. It's smart because it keeps perceptions away from 'over the top dramatic' and the biggest thing the show doesn't need is people calling it melodramatic. However, it takes some impact out of scenes that really should be portrayed with a little bit heavier dramatic effect.

It's not necessarily a bad thing as the direction doesn't ever lose focus on what it needs to get across, but I do think they could have done a better job of finding a middle ground.
Jun 1, 2014 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
Oh no. No!
I knew something like that would happen!
Jun 1, 2014 2:16 PM

May 2012
Omg! There are only 3 episodes left and Hase has to start all over again...
Jun 1, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2012
Kinda knew this was coming but still took my breath away when she reacted like that at the end!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Jun 1, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
Oh god, the end of that episode, I was wondering when that guy was going to show up..
I need Moar

Overall that was a really cute episode
Jun 1, 2014 3:18 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
It was a great heartwarming episode and then that had to happen at the end. >_< I knew this was gonna happen when I saw that guy last episode..

...and I was all smiles when I finally saw Hase-kun seated next to Fujimiya-san. LOL @ the dust. It was such a good mood too, haha!
Jun 1, 2014 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
And the new obstacle comes in the form of a transfer student from Kaori's past. Of course.I wish the author was doing more interesting things in regards to plot.
Jun 1, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Shougo and Saki went to the same elementary school and were in the same class..
Even helped her out back then too - during the days where she was being teased.
How nice of him :D
LOL Hase trips and falls on top of Fujimiya, and her mother sees them, creating misunderstanding XD LOL Hase doing his best to clear up the misunderstanding
Kaori's mum is awesome lol

Kujo called her a traitor.. and she also broke a promise huh.
Had a feeling it would end on this note. :(
Jun 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
after I watch this episode I realized that i didn't watch last week's episode...

Very shocking development
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 1, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2008
That bedroom scene where Hase trips and falls on top of Fujimiya... I knew it was a matter of time before her mom walks in.

Wow, what a douchebag, that transfer student. Seriously, who is still butthurt about an incident like that so many years ago?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 1, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Sageof6Paths said:
Dudewitbow said:
I don't despise him fully yet. I understand this guy doesn't know Fujimiya's problem. But perhaps it was a little too far when he flat out called her a traitor and stuff on just the first day. But whether that was too far or not depends on how their past went exactly. I'm also curious to know whether or not he at least knew she was hit by a car.

By logic, he probably doesn't know.

We know that he called her a traitor because she probably broke some promise. The fact that he's moved back to the city from Hokkaido insinuates that in the time between the incident he had moved out. If he had known that she was hit by a car, he would have felt guilty that day as its their promise that got her hurt in the first place. Because of the fact that he never heard about the car accident, one can guess that the faithful day of the crash was the day he was leaving the city, and she probably promised him something and stood him up. I haven't read the manga or anything, but this sounds like the most likely cause of what happened. The guy should be at no fault since he was never informed of anything as he left, and no one but Kaori knew about the promise(and probably him leaving), so he could never get the memo on the incident. He's not your "guy gets mad because he got stood up" but he's probably the guy who really takes promises seriously, and Kaori broke it.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jun 1, 2014 4:25 PM
Jul 2013
3 episodes left and Hase's gotta start from square one. Then again, I'm sure she's gonna somehow gain back that feeling from before Hajime was introduced (where she just knew who Hase was). As long as I get a nice Hase x Kaori ending, I'll be happy. :)
Jun 1, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
Become her boyfriend, she'll remember you!
But that's not the problem, I wonder what happened with the transfer student. (I like his hair btw, he looks less bland compared to the rest of the cast)

And Kiryuu is suuuuuuch a good classmate!!
Jun 1, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
Saki and Shougo are so adorable omfg.

I hope they get together, thought that probably won't happen lol.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Apr 2014
That cliffhanger OMG! I really want to watch the next episode now!!!

I really love this episode!

The development with Saki and Shogo is really sweet!!
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
Jun 1, 2014 5:03 PM

Nov 2013
Kiryuu has such a heart of gold.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 1, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2011
Didn't expect that coming from Saki and Shogo. Sweet!
Jun 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode but that ending, oh man oh man.

Next episode "Friends and Friends" is too vague to get anything out of the title.
Jun 1, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2012
Lol so stupid. Not at plot twist in the slightest. New transfer student that hinders the series, like I haven't seen that before. I thought the series was great until the end of this episode. Now it just got dumb :( Oh well.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jun 1, 2014 5:41 PM

Nov 2010
Fujimiya's Mother reaction was priceless xD

Dudewitbow said:
Sageof6Paths said:
Dudewitbow said:

By logic, he probably doesn't know.

We know that he called her a traitor because she probably broke some promise. The fact that he's moved back to the city from Hokkaido insinuates that in the time between the incident he had moved out. If he had known that she was hit by a car, he would have felt guilty that day as its their promise that got her hurt in the first place. Because of the fact that he never heard about the car accident, one can guess that the faithful day of the crash was the day he was leaving the city, and she probably promised him something and stood him up. I haven't read the manga or anything, but this sounds like the most likely cause of what happened. The guy should be at no fault since he was never informed of anything as he left, and no one but Kaori knew about the promise(and probably him leaving), so he could never get the memo on the incident. He's not your "guy gets mad because he got stood up" but he's probably the guy who really takes promises seriously, and Kaori broke it.

You must be right. From the looks of it, if Hase realized that misunderstanding, he will try to get the two clear to get along:

Ive just realize something:

fidelbuds10Jun 1, 2014 7:58 PM
Jun 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
First half was good, second half was br00tal. accidental fall on top of girl + transfer student = no
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 1, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
*** you Kujo! >:(

Things aren't looking good for Hase. I'm guessing that's the guy she wanted to meet up with when she was a kid (and the reason why she got in an accident). Just so the author can crush our hearts even more, she'll get closer with the guy while her memory of Hase would be as "normal friend." And seeing how Hase isn't the most confident guy, he'll back off. Just thinking about this possible scenario depresses me. Someone hold me T____T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 1, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2010
nOOOooo. I knew he would screw things up, but this bad?
Predictable but it still sucks.

FenixDragon43Jun 1, 2014 6:21 PM
Jun 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2012
Kaori's mom is just priceless
Jun 1, 2014 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
This is why I don't like transfer students or characters with late introduction in anime :/
Jun 1, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
The idea of summer homework... I'm so glad I never had any during school :P

Kaori really likes math, twas a nice speech.

After the parting scene I'm totally shipping Kiryu and Saki now ;)

"There was dust in your hair." Seriously :P

"Sorry to interrupt!" I love how the Kaori's Mom is totally shipping them ;)

Well that escalated at the end. So everything is linked to that promise she made with her childhood friend... at least she still has her diary.
Jun 1, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
man everything was going so well until that guy came in. fujimiya so sensitive though, one comment by a guy she doesnt remember and she has a mental episode. ruthless
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.