Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 2, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2011
Saki xKiryu <3. I can't wait for page 12-13 of CH 17 to be animated. THESE TWO ARE ADORABLE
Jun 2, 2014 7:07 AM

Dec 2013
fidelbuds1 said:
Fujimiya's Mother reaction was priceless xD

Dudewitbow said:
Sageof6Paths said:
Dudewitbow said:
Look at all these people blindly hating one someone who doesn't even know the situation.
I don't despise him fully yet. I understand this guy doesn't know Fujimiya's problem. But perhaps it was a little too far when he flat out called her a traitor and stuff on just the first day. But whether that was too far or not depends on how their past went exactly. I'm also curious to know whether or not he at least knew she was hit by a car.

By logic, he probably doesn't know.

We know that he called her a traitor because she probably broke some promise. The fact that he's moved back to the city from Hokkaido insinuates that in the time between the incident he had moved out. If he had known that she was hit by a car, he would have felt guilty that day as its their promise that got her hurt in the first place. Because of the fact that he never heard about the car accident, one can guess that the faithful day of the crash was the day he was leaving the city, and she probably promised him something and stood him up. I haven't read the manga or anything, but this sounds like the most likely cause of what happened. The guy should be at no fault since he was never informed of anything as he left, and no one but Kaori knew about the promise(and probably him leaving), so he could never get the memo on the incident. He's not your "guy gets mad because he got stood up" but he's probably the guy who really takes promises seriously, and Kaori broke it.

You must be right. From the looks of it, if Hase realized that misunderstanding, he will try to get the two clear to get along:

Ive just realize something:

This is MAJOR SPOILERS, so read at your own risk:

Hope that spoiler doesn't get banned... I warned everyone in advance, I did.

For those who are of the faint of heart, a friendly word of warning:
Get ready for a 3 episode feels fest, and not in a good way....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 2, 2014 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was so fun. It had a light-hearted atmosphere at first, so the change of tone towards the end shocked me. Oh, Hase. That must've hurt.
Jun 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
Shougo X Saki. They are perfect for each other.

Jun 2, 2014 8:36 AM

Jul 2013
I loved the Kiryuu x Saki part. It looks like it'll be revealed what happened to Kaori in the next episode. I have mixed feelings about that, a part of me wanting to know what happened and another part afraid of it.

Well, nothing to do except wait for it. Loved this episode btw :)
[Except the ending ofcourse]
Jun 2, 2014 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
Ahhhhh....Summer homework. I wish I had a mother that would like to do my assignments to feel young again TT.TT

Fujimiya's how to do math was so cute. She was basically describing what Hase should do to get a relationship.

Shougo x Saki was so adorable. Shougo looking out for the for her since elementary school. Props to Shougo for being the best human being alive.

Of course they had to put in the accidental trip and fall scene. Too bad it was only for dust though. >.<

HAJIME WHY!? I feel like he going to ruin everything ,and its going to be the start of the......LOVE TRIANGLE. PLEASE NO. That ending is killing me..I hope things turn out positively at the end of the season.
Jun 2, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
I am beyond pissed right now & it doesn't look like things will be any better any time soon . I hope this anime ends good or gets another season.
Jun 2, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
OMG did he say a magic word or what?!
I am sadden that her memory is gone
Just when she was starting to like more Hase
Poor Hase ....
Kiriyu has been helping that airhead this whole time ?! Wow
Shipping them too
This series is so sweet and caring but that ending was a bitter sweet
Jun 2, 2014 11:59 AM

May 2010
I bet Saki used to copy Shogo's homework! Saki is just adorable! Gotta love her "Waii~" I like Kaori's views on 'Math' subject.

Shogo being a bro as always. Knew it! Shogo had been taking care of Saki since her elementary school. I am shipping Kiryuu x Saki so hard <3 I used to ship Fujimiya x Kiryuu but I guess this one is the way to go. I still like that one though.

Great time of arrival, okaa-san and *thumbs up* for being so approving! Shogo said the same thing I was thinking, "That's plenty impure." xD

Fujimiya has real cute voice, now that I noticed it.

While am not fond of Hajime-kun as far as his introduction goes, I am not gonna start shouting my hatred so early. He must have some reason to behave like that...

She forgot him... Is this the thing about which Hase kept narrating about? I feel so.
Jun 2, 2014 12:23 PM
Aug 2011
What if Hase was just the stepping stone for Kaori to rekindle that first crush romance with Hajime?

Ultimate plot twist.
Jun 2, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2013
Ugh, this show's beginning to get rather tiresome.
Jun 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2009
PokeBaal said:
Zeally said:
This show needs to pick up on the drama though...... the show doesn't have a drama tag on it e.e

Seriously, where the heck is the drama tag??
Apparently its a comedy rather than a drama.
Jun 2, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
L-Ryoshi said:

This is MAJOR SPOILERS, so read at your own risk:

Hope that spoiler doesn't get banned... I warned everyone in advance, I did.

For those who are of the faint of heart, a friendly word of warning:
Get ready for a 3 episode feels fest, and not in a good way....

If that all happens, I'm gonna rage quit so hard

It already feels bad enough ><
Jun 2, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
straggy said:
This episode was so boring I just flicked through it until the new guy showed up. Finally someone that doesn't treat Fujimiya like a fucking goddess for no reason. It was still dull and predictable, but at least something finally happened.
I'll never understand why someone would continue watching a series that they would be inclined to "flick through'. I can see like four episodes tops, but not nine.

And who exactly treats Fujimiya like a goddess? Hase treats her with care as he should, Yamagishi treats her like a normal friend, and Shougo treats her like everything and everyone else in his life.
Jun 2, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
AlexGK said:
Male MC trips over female MC and mother of female MC sees them in the awkwardness. Obligatory, check :D

Still the best show of the season :)

No Game No Life is feeling very sad right now :x

OT: No proper romance anime can go without a walk-in-on-a-trip scene, and Isshuukan Friends is no exception. Kaori's mom is so cute, haha <3
Jun 2, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
It finally happened. This is where it takes the turn, eh?
Jun 2, 2014 5:41 PM

Nov 2013
ENDING. DON'T LIKE.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Jun 2, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
was expecting a NTR got something worst!,back the start again :(
Jun 2, 2014 7:08 PM

Apr 2012
Ouch, the development relationship Yuuki-Kaori that is built up all this time just destroyed again in the blink of eyes. Yuuki ganbate :(

Jun 2, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2011
Aha... so this is the arc they're doing to end the season. This is looking like anime of the season to me since I'm enjoying every single minute.
Jun 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Oct 2012
Damn transfer student. Just has to complicate the plot when we only have 3 episodes left...

All that character development between Yuuki and Kaori went poof. *sigh*
H4RPJun 2, 2014 10:01 PM
Jun 2, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
1st half was amazing second half was WTH
side note Saki is the best!!!
[/quote]
Jun 3, 2014 1:54 AM

Apr 2012
That ending.

Infirmary scene was well directed. Also nice Saki/Shougo interaction.
EratiKJun 3, 2014 2:00 AM
Jun 3, 2014 3:33 AM

Apr 2012
Aaaaaaaand there it goes. Next week is too far away.
Jun 3, 2014 5:37 AM

Jun 2010
Oh fuck.......
Jun 3, 2014 6:11 AM

Sep 2012
Am I the only one that noticed that it was less colourful after Kaori woke up?
KUJO FRICKEN YOU JUST

The thing is, with the notebook, it won't have that same effect.
Remember when Kaori lost her notebook the first time? She completely forgot about everything. But even then, she had little inklings of memories of Yuuki.

Now everything is reset to absolute zero. Go back to when you meet a completely new person in your school. Would it be hard to open up to them? Even though you're supposedly 'close'. Kaori is in that situation, every week. But now it's worse again.

I think it would take a while to get back to the climax of their friendship, again, to the point where she remembers Yuuki every Monday.

DAMN YOU KUJO YOU JUST RUINED EVERYTHING
ExboJun 3, 2014 6:19 AM
Jun 3, 2014 9:25 AM

Jul 2010
So the triangle is really coming, isn't it.
Jun 3, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like the calm before the storm. Looking forward to the next episode.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 3, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Shogo and Saki, my OTP for this show. Set and done.
The way he stood behind her and grabbed the tea tin...it just reminds me of me and my boyfriend, so that's really close to my heart.

New guy's pretty hot, can't help but admit. I hate that he just messed everything up though...incredibly annoying.
Jun 3, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2011
Wtfuck fking jrnaklfqnjopk&ô"krl"ù$*^ù*: KUUJO hajime !!! All the memories are gone because of you man ! u_u

Next episode will be intense can't wait seriously...
Jun 3, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
What? Why are almost everyone thinks: fujimiya-hajime make promise>fujimiya cant make it because accident>hajime knows nothing because he moved?
its makes no sense, I think the problem is more complicated...
hajime's words "you traitor" is weird if fujimiya cant make the appointments/never came, he should said "you liar" instead. Its very different thing. And those prediction cant really explain why fujimiya lost her memory about friends, because she was never at fault and its stupid if you got trauma because that.

I got feeling.. What if fujimiya actually really fail to fulfill the promise? Not because car accident, but because herself. I think the promise itself is not only appointment, but something in that appointment.
in my prediction, its like this
fujimiya went to the appointment> something bad happened in that appointment, promise-related> fujimiya run away and got car accident> trauma+accident, she lost her memory.

and I just think that the promise is not only between fujimiya and hajime, but other friends too. Because its weird if you have bad experience with one person but the trauma makes you forget every friends. But I must expect that hajime is somewhat special, as someone in this site *i'm too lazy to quote, sorry* speculated
Jun 3, 2014 4:24 PM
Jun 2012
Shougo and Saki are so adorable together. That Elementary scene and how Shougo felt for her was sweet.
Fujimiya really likes Math. I think i feel a bit inspired to do better in Math after hearing that little speech that Math is like a Puzzle and Game.

"There's dust in your hair" Huhuhu. I laughed hard at this part! XD

And.....

Here we come to the Ending of the Episode. I get the feeling Hase might start all over from Square One. NOOOOOOOO!! Please Hase, don't give up on her. 3 more Episodes left and the last part made my heart sunk T_T
I hope the Ending turns out Happy...
Jun 3, 2014 4:31 PM
Jun 2012
Akanezora said:
So the triangle is really coming, isn't it.

Probably not. I don't think this Anime is classified as Romance. Yeah you see Hase falling for her and Kaori's mom teasing them, but Kaori is just playing around. Like the one at the Beach "I like.... Fireworks" Hase thought she would say "I love you Hase" :P

And of course this Episode where Hase trips over Kaori. Hase was blushing thinking she would say something to him, apparently she just took a piece of dust from his hair! XD

Who knows. There might be a confession at the Ending? I haven't read the Manga so i really don't know. The entire theme is Friendship, but friendship can always turn to a true relationship right?
Jun 3, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
Why why why ?
Jun 4, 2014 12:37 AM
Mar 2014
NOO Fujimiya-san why did you forget Hase :(
Jun 4, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2012
Well, the plot thickens...
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Jun 4, 2014 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
Badluck Hase

Jun 4, 2014 3:51 AM

Mar 2013
those Shogo x Saki moments tho <3

everything in this episode was so adorable until Kujo came -_-
Jun 4, 2014 4:17 AM

Aug 2013
While I should not be jumping to conclusions and this is just my internal thoughts, THAT NEW GUY'S A REAL DICK FOR SAYING THAT TO FUJIMIYA...

WHY, after all they had been through...
Jun 4, 2014 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
Fudge the transfer student. They sure know how to end an episode tho. If this new guy starts fucking ship up, then as I stated on my post on the previous episode disc., he`ll be on my forever to hate list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2014 6:50 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, Kaori lost her memories again. Should be interesting to see how the series copes with only 3 episodes left. Hope they don't ruin it by having only an average ending. Have high hopes for this series. It's been really good.
Jun 4, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2013
First let me make it clear that I love Isshukan Friends and consider it one of the most heart-warming shows I saw in a while. For that reason exactly,I’m worried about this attempt to add some drama when things were progressing so well,we have only 3 episodes remaining and there haven’t been any hints of a storm coming(Kujou’s very brief appearance last week might’ve signified this but until then there was nothing). I don’t have anything against drama but it worries me when it’s introduced late. It’s just that things were progressing so naturally that it feels like this wasn’t needed.

But eh,maybe I’m just too paranoid. I love this show and still will even if it fails in it’s attempt to add some drama towards the end,although hopefully all will go well.
ManlyTearJun 4, 2014 7:08 AM
Jun 4, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2013
I knew this was coming... it broke my heart though. The series has been so perfect up until now :'( (in the happy heartwarming sense). I know it will end well though... but I really feel for Hase... :( gut wrenching. Poor Fujimiya-san too.

I LOOOVE Shougo and and Saki !!! hahaha !
Jun 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Feb 2011
Ok, I already hate the new guy. Please don't let him ruin such a sweet show.
Jun 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2011
Everything Hase-kun did to help Fujimiya gone in an instant!! Kuso Hajime GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Jun 4, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
bout time the typical rival makes his appearance.
Jun 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2013
HAHAHAHA NTR ENDING PLEASE
Jun 4, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
lucidbrandon said:
HAHAHAHA NTR ENDING PLEASE

Oh hell no!
Vanilla is life!
Jun 5, 2014 1:21 AM

May 2012
Omg Saki x Shougo YES.

Other than that everything else played out like it seemed like it would. I was a bit surprised when her memory digressed again though.
Jun 5, 2014 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
Ugh, wasn't really a fan of this episode.

I've been worried for awhile that the show might go in the route of Shogo/Saki. Probably because I'm way too use to the mentality of "pair everyone up" in a lot of American shows. This is the first substantial development in that direction & I really don't want the series to further any romantic implications. I just plain don't like the idea of my favorite character being paired with the one who almost ruined the show for me.

Outside of that, I can't say I loved the ending. I don't actually mind that it wasn't anything surprising, the content of the final scene was a bit of a foregone conclusion from that previous scene but my problem with it lies in the set-up. To put it bluntly, much like Fujimiya, I'm back at square one with this show. Not that anyone would remember but at the beginning of this show I found myself conflicted by the show's incredibly plot convenient amnesia. The series was really well-executed but the amount of suspension of disbelief required made it hard for me to fully-appreciate the show.

I don't think the auto-reset, especially with where her relationship with Hase is now (or was in this case), is justified based off what is likely her relationship with Kujo (granted this is speculation & I could be proving wrong but it seems apparent to me that Kujo was the friend Fujimiya was going to see on the day of her accident & the likely reason she was going to see him was because his family was moving, so either as a final farewell or a last day to hang out thing). Ending scene was fine outside of being somewhat predictable but the plot "twist" left me emotionally disconnected.

& on the note of Kujo, I know why people don't like him already but personally, I can't hold it against him. From his perspective, his reaction was natural & nothing I can get angry about. Most people wouldn't assume that she forced a weekly reset on all friends she's had for pretty much every week she he [presumably] moved away.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.