Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
Engaging story and amazing art. What else could a man want? Shame it was that short.
Feb 10, 2017 3:05 PM

Mar 2016
I'm trying to even imagine what would've happened in Keiji died instead of Rita. The loop probably would've still happened for him, as he's died countless times already.

I think Rita knew the only way to escape the loop was for her to die and no one else.

Sol_Ou said:
I wish this gets animated. It was just too good.

And yoooooooooooo! His name's Killer Cage! That's so damn beastly! I just loved this. Too bad it's over now. Hopefully it gets a sequel.

It probably won't be. Thank that godawful bastardization Tom Cruise movie for it.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jul 19, 2017 6:46 AM

Jun 2015
The end was kinda weak considering the dynamite beginning. But all in all it was an excellent work.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 26, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2015
Why did rita have to die :((
Was a good read, but wish it had a happy ending.
Feb 4, 2018 8:58 AM

Feb 2015
This was a very enjoyable read, I wish it was a bit longer to flesh out some of the other characters but overall I'd give it an 8/10.
Apr 15, 2018 9:29 AM

Sep 2017
Good one. 9/10. The manga was done with good art and good moments, but Edge of Tomorrow improved upon it a lot more. Didn't get what the antenna stuff was about, but I am sure that just like in the manga, in the movie, Bill Cage became an antenna himself.

I am pretty sure that the movie was itself adopted manga style at times, just like this one.

Atleast the LN gave rise to a great movie. One of the finest Light novel adaptations to a movie. Tom Cruise should seriously act in some more LN adaptations.

Got to check out the LN when I have the time. RIP Bill Paxton.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 5, 2018 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
damn this manga was pretty good. the guys that freed him and let him collect his medal must have been super high up (and probably related to the people that did experiments on ritas brain) since he did still kill a fellow soldier
Aug 18, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2017
The ending was so sad. RIP Rita T.T
The art gave me nostalgic Death Note vibes, especially the hair. And when Keiji realized what was happening to him.
But considering that the mimics found a way to kill of Rita so quickly, wouldn't the same happen to Keiji sometime after the story finished? Who's the mimic who comes up with all the strategies? Ugh, this needs a sequel.
-insert wise old moosy adage-
Oct 13, 2018 6:43 PM

Nov 2016
Chapter 17 - Sky Blue

So they did sleep together that day, there's only one bed there. Obata art is pretty good, I liked the story too even tough is rushed. And the characters are pretty good too. The setting seems rushed but is still enjoyable. Overall a great experience. Wanting to see the movie now and see if it's better or worse.

8/10
Nov 12, 2018 7:34 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty easy and enjoyable read. Great concept, unfortunately it wasn't utilized to to it's fullest, still had way more pros than cons. The ending was memorable and tbh, I had to hold back tears, even tho there was hardly any time to get invested in their relationship, but the bit we got was well done.

7,5/10 overall. Would like to give an 8, but it's rather a 7 due to the minor shortcomings.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2019 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
I cannot believe the amount of people praising this manga!! Unbelievable!

The relationship was forced and the aliens' motives were not explained at all. Aside from the art by Takeshi Obata, everything else was average or below. Interesting concept, but bad execution.
Jul 1, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2017
Optigisa said:
I cannot believe the amount of people praising this manga!! Unbelievable!

The relationship was forced and the aliens' motives were not explained at all. Aside from the art by Takeshi Obata, everything else was average or below. Interesting concept, but bad execution.

i agree on the relationship being quite meh, they should have gave us more time to see how kiriya slowly develop feelings for rita

tho i have to disagree on your second point as the alien motives are acually kinda stated, they are simply to poison the earth for humans and make it beneficial for them which is presented as a theory and not a sure fact.
i think the less we know about the aliens the better especially for such a short series as it creates a sence of fear of the unknown. junji ito for example never explain things about the monsters in his stories which in turn make them more horrifying.

and as much as i liked the art, the action pannels are confusing af which make them hard to follow .

it could have been much better if it wasn't too short.
Jul 24, 2019 2:21 AM
Mar 2016
I thought this will be the better version of movie, but turns out the movie is way much better than this shit. Art was good but the world felt janky and empty. The fights were okay-ish. Characters were bad bad bad. Rita should've been the mc rather than that yet another edgelord.

Maybe it could've been better if it were a little longer.

I wish i could loop back the time i wasted reading this.
Aug 10, 2019 12:35 PM
Jun 2017
The ending felt a little rushed. This entire series felt like a prequel. I've never seen the Tom Cruise movie or read the light novel but this was enough for me. I love this artists other series too, his art is so good. 8/10
Aug 18, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2016
This manga was quite the experience! Even though it was only 17 chapters, it still managed to be just as great and enjoyable as other really good manga that span hundreds more. It's tragic that they weren't able to find a way to get out of the time loop together but it's nice that Keiji's hard work finally paid off. It's Killer Cage's turn to take on the mantle of being the world's hope in the Valkyrie's stead.

Rita can finally rest in peace after having done so much for humanity alone and experiencing the feeling of love and relief at her very last moments. The final series of pages were absolutely heartwrenching and beautiful that I couldn't help but tear up over it regardless of where I was reading. Loved it!

May 16, 2020 9:57 PM

Mar 2020
nice ending, glad they didn't make them both survive - one always has to die- and escape the loop. Overall, good short story
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
May 30, 2020 9:55 PM

Nov 2018
Those short chapters already implied that it'll a bitter ending. But i still kept hoping that it'll be a wholesome one. I really hate bitter endings god damn it (T_T)
Aug 18, 2020 12:05 AM
Nov 2019
It was a perfect ending for me. They don't have to show what happens afterwards. I like it better when there is a cliffhanger like this. Sometimes you don't need a definite answer.
Dec 17, 2020 4:02 PM
Dec 2020
Very well made manga, but i did not like the ending
Dec 17, 2020 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
This manga was on my "to read" list for a long time, so I decided to read it today. Takeshi Obata's art itself made it worth reading. Even if time trivel/loop is a repetitive theme in manga/anime, the story was good. I'm glad only one of them survived
Feb 14, 2021 6:35 PM

Jun 2020
Honestly not a fan of the ending. Still a nice read tho
Feb 23, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 2019
Only read this because I remember this being adapted through Edge of Tomorrow. And I can say that the movie is definitely better. The premise is interesting though and I wish they expanded on that. This seems like a prequel to a much bigger story to be honest. Edge of Tomorrow delivered a complete story and this looking like it has much to offer.
Apr 27, 2021 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
rest in peace Rita damn ye Edge of Tomorrow movie did it better since it has a happy ending unlike this one

but still this short manga is great
Jun 3, 2021 3:10 PM
Apr 2019
I really enjoyed the whole reading and it makes me really sad because i thought there was 177chapters and not 17 lol i was like "so here is where the monster's life will really start" and then "you're on the last chapter" but after thinking a bit it really was a great short-manga, 9/10 imo
Jun 23, 2021 8:00 AM

May 2020
Well it was inevitable that only one of them will survive,glad it was keiji.Was a bit short but overall was a really good read.
Jul 25, 2021 6:34 AM
May 2021
The story was interesting. The time loop thing was what made me read more of it. The ending was sad but they ended it reay well ❤

My score will 8/10 👌

Just a guy with a unique mind ✌
Aug 14, 2021 6:11 AM
Apr 2021
I read this manga after watching the live action adaptation twice, and I have to say the live action isn't bad, but at the same time I feel like it lacks the same thematic and emotional core as the LN/manga

Keiji Kiriya was a whole lot better than Tom Cruise's Bill Cage. He really started off feeling like a scared kid, while Tom Cruise no matter how he behaves, naturally exudes an air of maturity. Keiji's transformation is also a whole lot more extreme than Cage's. You really believe that this all this guy really needs is to kill mimics.

While I would say Edge of Tomorrow's relationship between Cage and Rita is a little more natural than Keiji and Rita's, the actual chemistry between Keiji and Rita is a lot stronger than Cruise and Blunt. They trade quips, but it's not Marvel-style quips, but small statements - like hooks, both of them trying to figure out as much as they can about each other before they die and the relationship is reset.

Rita's backstory really adds a lot to the overall story, and also gives a bit of foreshadowing to the eventual sacrifice that Keiji will have to make.

I also much prefer the ending of All you Need is Kill. It has a strong thematic message about the cost of war with Rita's sacrifice, and Keiji's transformation from a normal guy into a soulless killing machine. There's no magic ending where everything is resolved like with Edge of Tomorrow.

Overall the biggest problem with this manga is simply the pacing and focus. It's a little too fast near the end. If there was a little more time spent fleshing out the characters and world then it would have been a near perfect masterpiece.
I feel like an anime movie adaptation that's not directly 1:1 but covers the whole story with a lot more depth would be good enough to rival sci-fi classics like Ghost in the Shell
Oct 30, 2021 1:29 AM
Jan 2020
This was little disappointing tbh.

Is the LN better? It feels pretty rushed.
Nov 19, 2021 5:38 AM

Apr 2020
Okay. This series has some serious pacing issues. The slow then fast then steady pacing felt really inconsistent. Characters are somehow pretty decent. I think the loops just need more elaboration and I can symphatize with him. The art is pretty good but the fights most of the time are hard to follow. Some parts felt kinda contrived especially on the sudden focus on volume 2. The romance is pretty fine setting aside the pacing and contrived issue. Boy meets girl on the battlefield > solitude that only they, each other, can understand > sacrifice for the sake of "saving Keiji" and human race. Like I said, the pacing of this felt somewhat rushed especially at the end. The romance part is kinda forced but slightly reasonable enough. This would be pretty good if it more 3 or 4 volumes and they focused on their relationship earlier than this. Overall, it's a pretty fine read considering it's just a short series. 6/10.
Dec 4, 2021 8:12 AM

Dec 2015
As expected, she knew she was the one that had to go. Curious if he can still use Return By Death. In a regular person's time, seeing Keiji on the battlefield and teaming up with Rita of all people must've been mind-blowing to them.

Considering that Keiji still has the power to loop will someone have to kill him as well to end the war. I'm sure he won't die easily but his death seems inevitable if it turns out he is a back up antenna. Or perhaps I'm overthinking.

Anyway, this was a good manga.
hai_X_isDec 4, 2021 8:17 AM
Sep 3, 2022 3:05 AM

Oct 2012
this was great but depressing
Jan 1, 2023 2:29 AM
Jan 2023
Bruh noooo so sad i need mire this was so good pls keep going this is one of the best mangas ive read im leterly crying right now the this manga was so danm shirt but it won all the other 274 mangas ive read so far🥲👍
Jan 13, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 2020
RIP rita good short manga
Jan 18, 2023 1:45 AM
May 2021
Why does Rita have to die???me rn😭😭😭
Feb 1, 2023 6:55 AM
Sep 2021
The story was good but feelt a bit rushed towards the end also you kinda see Rita's death coming same thing that she was also stuck in the loop but still it was an enjoyable read 6/10
marviniohFeb 1, 2023 7:05 AM
Apr 12, 2023 4:17 PM
Jul 2019
Another romance manga ruined by killing one of the two people in the end . Mangaka can not write a good story
Apr 18, 2023 1:38 PM
Aug 2020
A bitter sweet ending and kinda expected as well but its an overall good Manga
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How many pages

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 15

5 by Anime_God_King »»
Mar 17, 5:57 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2014

31 by artheart634 »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:17 PM

» Meta-reference to All You Need is Kill

LazerBeams01 - Apr 17, 2023

1 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

25 by marvinioh »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 15 Discussion

KumaKing - May 19, 2014

14 by Albino-52 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.