Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We idol now but the way the music was done actually was pretty well.

Ah shit, Akari is in trouble. :(

I think the others figured out she was the kitty hacker. Poor girl. Also, another new member awkened thanks to the telepathic kiss. Ah, this show is getting really tense now. Never underestimate mahou shoujo. NEVER.
May 31, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
Short hair idol... Yuri kiss to regain her memory...

They got info. about the enemy's robot, while the enemy already checked the info. about the members, and they went go get hacker girl when she's alone and gets forced to hack the system. She really released the missile according to that kiss?

Use of his gun directly works...

HiroC's character's turn next.
tsubasaloverMay 31, 2014 2:21 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2010
wow..soo painfully predictable..not surprised about the current rating at all.

2/5
May 31, 2014 11:43 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Damn Akari is badass. She's right, she definitely can protect herself, although she does it through extreme means. Since Akari is such an invincible hacker, Amara and Moco shouldn't have underestimated her. After all, did they really think that she would obey them?

Annd another one has awakened her memories.
May 31, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
Another enemy but with artillery this time.
Akari getting caught. Using her own power to get away was awesome. Nuke everyone which would destroy the orgone energy.
Teppei's fight with using the Livlaster at the end was pretty awesome. At 3.82 seconds left!
Still, seeing that kiss suddenly changing the person that much... memories are op!
May 31, 2014 12:05 PM

May 2010
FatefulLove said:

Teppei's fight with using the Livlaster at the end was pretty awesome. At 3.82 seconds left!

teppei stayed at base in the version that i watched.
May 31, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2013
Akari got caught, but she was able to get herself out of that situation. Amazed that she stayed composed after being in that situation.
May 31, 2014 12:12 PM

Nov 2007
Akari was awesome at the very end. But I wonder why she disabled the lower orbit impacters at the beginning when she could pull the nuclear annihilation threat? Maybe she came up with it under the circumstances or needed time to make it happen.

How many first kisses usually a Mahou Shoujo has? I was hoping it would be with Teppei but looks like someone stole it from her!

Kerozinn said:
wow..soo painfully predictable..not surprised about the current rating at all.

2/5

And could you enlighten us with the things you predicted coming true?

It was obvious from the last episode preview that
1. Akari will be kidnapped
2. The next Designer Child is a blonde idol
3. Kiltgang won't activate because it would mean the end of human race (i.e. the anime as well)

Did you really predict
1. The nuclear threat Akari would give and her reasoning and save herself all on her own?
2. Daichi will take down the Kiltgang using his livlaster from the open cockpit of his Earth Engine Ordinary from midair?

You must be a genius if you predicted the latter two. If you predicted the first three then it wasn't prediction, because it was given away from the preview of the last episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2014
Launch all nukes. I swear this show is going to give me cancer one day.
May 31, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 2013
"Why is Captain Earth so bad?"

Mmmuh, BRSxignition. Why indeed?

Nine episodes in and I'm still wondering that myself.

(and besides pandering purposes, why include idol characters? Trope is as tired as two donkeys that just did "it")

I can't decide which episode bored me more, this one or last weeks or the week before that one or the week before THAT one or the week before THAT one or the week before THAT one or...

And the dialogue, my goodness the dialogue. Predictable indeed, Kerozinn.

We just KNOW Teppei will blame himself. We KNOW Arashi will say empty words before going into a situation where he could get himself killed and then making it out alive. We KNOW Hanna will BELIEVE in X character. And Mahou Shoujo's dad? Does he have nothing else to do in this show besides be surprised?

Wow...entertaining...NOT!

May 31, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
Another new enemy appeared.

I never expected to see that yuri kiss.

Akari got caught, but she was able to get out of the situation.
May 31, 2014 1:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Akari just did a Keyzer Soze on them. She showed them what real determination was.

I hope they move on from the villain of the week thing soon though. Ido-chan was not very convincing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 31, 2014 1:45 PM
Oct 2010
This show is literally getting worse by the episode. Akari always annoyed the hell out of me and the fact that a 13 year old(or however old) can break into everyone's nuclear arsenals in a matter of minutes is amazing. Also the low orbit impactors were offline, how would those even go off?

Not only that but nukes need physical identification for them to work, so how is she hacking through that? Ignoring this why would she turn off the impactors with a threat against her life? They'd kill everyone had they succeeded in getting that kiltgang going, so what was the point?

Moving away from her for a bit, why didn't that fool daichi just come up from below the building on artillery girl....instead of flying face first in her line of sight? That was just ridiculously stupid, even more so when you realize he hid out of her line of sight and then flew back into it.... don't get me started on that stupid ass gun that's just getting more powerful because this dude told it to.. that was just LOL. I had to roll my eyes at that scene.
May 31, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Decent episode I guess.

Daichi mentioned how he doesn't like being called a captain twice in this episode, could be some sort of annoying drinking game.

Akari... Kay i'll be honest I love her, she is like a serious Edward, and I was worried it was gonna go the route of her needing to be rescued but, low and behold, she rescued herself, I was far more interested in her situation then anything else in the episode, the way she woke up to see them in her face and she just kept perfectly calm, loved it.

The rest of the episode was majorly meh... the action wasn't all that great, I was a bit surprised when the hatch opened up with Daichi holding his livlaster but that was soon followed by the livlaster suddenly powering up enough to blast through the shield. Yes, that is an asspull, even if the situation was only 1 episode long worth of building up a hopeless situation, they somehow managed to do enough to warrant an asspull... oh well...
May 31, 2014 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
skudoops said:
Akari always annoyed the hell out of me and the fact that a 13 year old(or however old) can break into everyone's nuclear arsenals in a matter of minutes is amazing.

Annoying the hell out you is something understandable but as amazing as it may seem, it is not impossible for a 13 year old girl to break into everyone's nuclear arsenal. That's how anime in general has been for years now.

skudoops said:
Also the low orbit impactors were offline, how would those even go off?

I think they meant standby instead of offline? Did they seriously use that word and actually meant it? Because that will be so meh.

skudoops said:
Moving away from her for a bit, why didn't that fool daichi just come up from below the building on artillery girl....instead of flying face first in her line of sight? That was just ridiculously stupid, even more so when you realize he hid out of her line of sight and then flew back into it.... don't get me started on that stupid ass gun that's just getting more powerful because this dude told it to.. that was just LOL. I had to roll my eyes at that scene.

This anime isn't about tactical brilliance. I would have made a point out of it if the anime was trying to be a tactical genius which it isn't. Given Daichi's character, he definitely went for either win or lose based on the time he had to make an attempt. As for Livlaster piercing through the armor when it was told to, it is called Shounen Pawa or Otoko no Katte in anime which has been there since NGE, TTGL and many more. You will have to find other source of entertainment to meet all your needs if you are picking on these things that will probably always stay with most anime. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Ok that escalated rather quickly there.

Nukes, MOTHERFUCKING NUKES!!! WTF!? That's it. I really DO NOT want to be on Akari's shit list, neither on Amara's on that behalf, as he really has little patience. Gotta admit that gunshot scared me.

And new character who as far as I know has not been found out, so she still has the element of surprise on her favour.

skudoops said:
This show is literally getting worse by the episode. Akari always annoyed the hell out of me and the fact that a 13 year old(or however old) can break into everyone's nuclear arsenals in a matter of minutes is amazing. Also the low orbit impactors were offline, how would those even go off?

Not only that but nukes need physical identification for them to work, so how is she hacking through that? Ignoring this why would she turn off the impactors with a threat against her life? They'd kill everyone had they succeeded in getting that kiltgang going, so what was the point?

I'm not really sure they said they were off, as far as I know all it was said is that they were being hacked. And if they were off, that could mean their security, and stuff were disabled to allow the nukes go nuts.

And as I've said, maybe go off in the sense that it disabled security. Either that or also she used that as a cover, so that the Kiltgangs believed she was doing as tasked, therefore allowing herself to do the "magic". Which says how clever this girl is.

And Daichi couldn't do that, the archetecture does not allow so, the lower buildings are a lot lower than the main one, so he couldn't get a clear shot, or doing so would be real hard. He had to aim at the head, so he needed a clear view and he betted it all on the Livlaster and it worked. Also we have never seen the full power, thing can power up mechas, so it is expected to be powerful '-'

Seriously, are you watching this with a clear view? No offense but your perception of the series seems to be quite shallow, no wonder you rate it so bad when you don't get most of what happened '-'
May 31, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
BGMaxie said:

And Daichi couldn't do that, the archetecture does not allow so, the lower buildings are a lot lower than the main one, so he couldn't get a clear shot, or doing so would be real hard. He had to aim at the head, so he needed a clear view and he betted it all on the Livlaster and it worked. Also we have never seen the full power, thing can power up mechas, so it is expected to be powerful '-'

Seriously, are you watching this with a clear view? No offense but your perception of the series seems to be quite shallow, no wonder you rate it so bad when you don't get most of what happened '-'

While I don't necessarily agree 100% with the other guy as I do actually enjoy Akari. I would like to say that, "We weren't shown what the true power of livlaster is, therefore it is okay" is not a good defense of the asspull. There was no foreshadowing that it was any more powerful than was shown before, there was no indication that it could be stronger than the guns of the mech it powered, and it came out of no where just because Daichi told it to. All build up and tension of that moment was immediately lost for me.
May 31, 2014 2:18 PM
Oct 2010
^
- Well for the first point I did think that up to the show being anime, but that was ridiculous even by anime standards.

- They said were offline, I just re-watched the scene to make 100% sure and yeah they used the word offline.

- Thirdly, it doesn't have to be tactically brilliant man, I honestly thought he was going to fly up from below her building once he realized she could not shoot him from so low down but nah this dude charges head first for whatever reason. Another thing I don't really understand is why the gears reveal their mecha when they are powering up, is there any particular reason for this I may have missed?

- Last point TTGL was always over the top and crazy and as for NGE I'm not sure which part you are referring to. This show started one way and is just going in all sorts of directions. There are so many sub plots in additional to the main one and nothing is actually being resolved or explained. The livelaster seems like a gigantic cop-out to. If it's going to have random power ups whenever he needs them the battles in this are going to get even more terrible.
May 31, 2014 2:27 PM
Oct 2010
BGMaxie said:

I'm not really sure they said they were off, as far as I know all it was said is that they were being hacked. And if they were off, that could mean their security, and stuff were disabled to allow the nukes go nuts.

Ugh what? She took them off so the nukes couldn't be fired at the kiltgang....I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

And as I've said, maybe go off in the sense that it disabled security. Either that or also she used that as a cover, so that the Kiltgangs believed she was doing as tasked, therefore allowing herself to do the "magic". Which says how clever this girl is.

Makes zero sense, because she could have never known they would have stopped the idol girl from changing into a kilt gang.

And Daichi couldn't do that, the archetecture does not allow so, the lower buildings are a lot lower than the main one, so he couldn't get a clear shot, or doing so would be real hard. He had to aim at the head, so he needed a clear view and he betted it all on the Livlaster and it worked.

You realize I'm referring to his approach to the enemy's mecha right? He was told it was an artillery type, so at close range it's pretty much useless. Why would he try to fight it in its line of sight and not just come from below the building behind it or something? Even when he hid, he should have realized that if he approached from below, not only could he get the jump on her but he'd render her weapons useless.

Also we have never seen the full power, thing can power up mechas, so it is expected to be powerful '-'

Um yeah, I got what most of what happened. Also my issue with the livelaster is that its power level could be anything. So it's eventually going to become a cop-out somewhere down the line (although it already has been).
May 31, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
No, this is a show that cannot follow its own internal logic. And the logic seems, for all intensive purposes, seems to take place with a futuristic modern setting. I can enjoy and love shows that are wacky and are physics breaking but this show is inconsistent.
May 31, 2014 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
Getting duller by the episode.

Teppei really has becoming useless ever since he developed his angst over being useless.
May 31, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2009
the action was nice, its nice to see that LivLaster is a powerful weapon and not just for control of a machine, and Akari strikes again
May 31, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
Akari is pissed cause Moco stole her first kiss!
May 31, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
Yup don't mess with Magical Girls, they can outsmart you :D.

May 31, 2014 5:34 PM
Feb 2014
sigh, this episode was dumb, with 4 or 6? designer child they mad jin a bad guy, and ai also a bad guy..at this rate each episode will be finding the next desinger child, turn him bad. k finally 8 of them k lets kill some human?

The human side doesn't seem to be doing, all they do is react after they turned bad. and all it is captain defeat new guy in bot? doesn't take hostage or w/e ...k bye you can leave now..

And for fuck sakes, Teppei is now useless.
May 31, 2014 6:01 PM

Nov 2013
This show just keeps getting worse.
May 31, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
Angst = turns great characters to useless ones. Teppei needs to get slapped again.

ollythirteen said:

We just KNOW Teppei will blame himself. We KNOW -Daichi- will say empty words before going into a situation where he could get himself killed and then making it out alive. We KNOW Hanna will BELIEVE in X character. And Mahou Shoujo's dad? Does he have nothing else to do in this show besides be surprised?

I really hope it won't be like this for the whole series >___<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 31, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
Akari is the best character ^^
May 31, 2014 7:36 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
"Cheerful, pounding heart." FTW!

Teppei keep saying he's the only one not contributing anything to the team was hilarious! How modest of him saying such thing. Hahaha.

Yuri kiss to awaken another designer child. Ai becomes Aiatar.
Notice how the designer children look epic once they're awaken!

EEO vs. Aiatar was pretty good. Other than a key, Livlaster seem to work as an effective weapon too. Nice work, Captain.

Akari was so awesome at the end, threatening them calmly like a BOSS phenomenal Mahou Shoujo!

Awesome episode. Akari is the best character in this series.

May 31, 2014 7:36 PM

Nov 2013
Meh, pretty tame episode. Disliking the main cast more and more after every episode for some reason o.o;
May 31, 2014 8:57 PM
Oct 2013
woman after my own heart....willing to nuke the world in spite to the enemy.......beautiful
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
May 31, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2010
Woah, badass Akari there.
May 31, 2014 10:29 PM
Jan 2011
The new girl Ai is such a knocked out and Akari was such a badass magical girl!
May 31, 2014 10:30 PM

Jul 2010
I kinda like Akari but her skills are just ridiculous....threaten to launch all the nukes like it's nothing? Ok.
May 31, 2014 11:53 PM

Aug 2008
i'm starting to hate this enemy awakens on every episode plot. emo boys/girls turning into psycho every time? meh -.-

but akari being so badass at the end, i love it <3
Jun 1, 2014 1:23 AM

May 2013
This episode never explained Ai's backstory besides that she's not that cheerful. Idc about the fighting scenes, but the bgm keeps it alive. I shall wait for the remaining 3 children. Akari is a truly magical girl.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
akari is nuts
xSanoxJun 1, 2014 4:38 AM
Jun 1, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2012
The trap Akari set at the end was pure gangster destroying all of the human race if they don't release her.

Great episode!!!
Jun 1, 2014 6:24 AM
Jul 2012
Baku next episode yay! Akari is so badass in this episode that she totally shut the aliens up. I actually wonder why wouldn't they try to convert the Kiltgang to humanity's side like Teppei. Captain can actually capture them and try to turn to their side. In last episode, there was enough time left after Daichi disabled Zin's machine goodfellow. I guess negotiating with aliens is a no-no for Globe huh? It's sad seeing one DC turning into Kiltgang again and again. I wish we can see some close combat fighting next episode because Baku is a martial artist. Come on, please throw in some Teppei vs Baku hand to hand combat xD
Jun 1, 2014 7:30 AM

Jan 2014
skudoops said:
Ugh what? She took them off so the nukes couldn't be fired at the kiltgang....I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

Makes zero sense, because she could have never known they would have stopped the idol girl from changing into a kilt gang.

You realize I'm referring to his approach to the enemy's mecha right? He was told it was an artillery type, so at close range it's pretty much useless. Why would he try to fight it in its line of sight and not just come from below the building behind it or something? Even when he hid, he should have realized that if he approached from below, not only could he get the jump on her but he'd render her weapons useless.

Um yeah, I got what most of what happened. Also my issue with the livelaster is that its power level could be anything. So it's eventually going to become a cop-out somewhere down the line (although it already has been).

No, what I mean to say is have them offline so that any sort of security system did not interfere with the launching of nukes. That is to say to ALLOW the nukes to launch and kill everything.

Also she did not need to know the results of the fight. She said she needed 10 minutes, right? Means that if the team was victorious (which was the case given Amara and Moco's conversation) she would call the nukes off. If the team was unsuccessful she would let the nukes go wild and kill Earth (maybe?). She needed not to know nothing at that point, she only needed to be set free and then act accordingly, which is what she did.

And how could he approach her from below? The buildings were exactly equal in size, watch it again and you'll realize there is a MAJOR difference in height. The only way he could have approached from below, was busting the whole building, and that could mean casualities, which is what he wanted to avoid at all costs. What he did was crazy, not gonna argue there, still within what he wanted. Not sure what's so bad there.

Also it seems miracles won't work often, I mean.........Daichi is gonna mess up next episode so that may even things out. And I'm gonna tell you this much, no asspulls or absurd power ups are gonna ever beat the ones in the Saint Seiya franchise. Compared to those, this one is a small passtime.
Jun 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
The show's gotten a lot better since it explained itself, but the best I can say is that it's just decent. Maybe it'll get a little better once we actually get to some rising action instead of watching the blue-haired dude and pink-haired chick awaken the Designer Children.
Jun 1, 2014 12:23 PM

Dec 2010
This show keeps getting better! There was a shift in focus once the other kiltgang woke up, but I'm liking the way it is now. It will probably remain like this until all of the Kiltgang wake up which should probably be by episode 12. Then I wonder what they plan on doing in the last 12, I expect great things, especially since we are in the set up stage right now.

Daichi is a pretty awesome protagonist, with the whole livlaster thing at the end, but Akari is slowly winning over and becoming my favorite character. You don't want to mess with her!

I wish we could have seen more Ai though, she didn't get as much backstory as Zin, but I'm sure it will come. I didn't expect her being defeated though, that was an interesting twist. Ai is pretty cute when she's not being psycho though!
Jun 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Obidabo_08 said:
After this episode the series should be renamed to "Captain Obvious". I want to like this anime, but the plot was really predictable.
Did you predict the Livlaster gun, or the Nuke threat? I doubt it.

On a second note, I want the OST of this series so bad. The Kiltgang theme is so freaking gorgeous.

cyclone1993 said:
This show keeps getting better! There was a shift in focus once the other kiltgang woke up, but I'm liking the way it is now. It will probably remain like this until all of the Kiltgang wake up which should probably be by episode 12. Then I wonder what they plan on doing in the last 12, I expect great things, especially since we are in the set up stage right now.

Daichi is a pretty awesome protagonist, with the whole livlaster thing at the end, but Akari is slowly winning over and becoming my favorite character. You don't want to mess with her!

I wish we could have seen more Ai though, she didn't get as much backstory as Zin, but I'm sure it will come. I didn't expect her being defeated though, that was an interesting twist. Ai is pretty cute when she's not being psycho though!
Kinda doubt they will win in the end. From what I could get, instead of using the Kiltgang arrives from space to Earth, they are trying to get the Kiltgang on Earth DIRECTLY by charging the Orgone Energy on those mobile weapons. So if Ai had triumphed, we could kiss live goodbye.

Akari is easily the most memorable character here, she's a real unique girl at that and I like her. Alas Amara and Moco take the cake for me here, more Amara than anything. Included is too my personal bias towards the duo's voice actors, which are frankly amazing and my favourite (love the couple!!)
BGMaxieJun 1, 2014 12:45 PM
Jun 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
i hope the show doesn't continue on its predictable path of amarok and malkin restoring the memories of people who think they have it rough into insane designer children who then get defeated by captain earth and his sidekicks.

also, hopefully the livelaster isn't the only weapon that daichi will use because it's op.

but whoa at akari putting amarok and malkin in their place. she's awesome
Jun 1, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2012
If I was Akari I would have made them kill each other.
Jun 1, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
orchidork said:
i hope the show doesn't continue on its predictable path of amarok and malkin restoring the memories of people who think they have it rough into insane designer children who then get defeated by captain earth and his sidekicks.

also, hopefully the livelaster isn't the only weapon that daichi will use because it's op.

but whoa at akari putting amarok and malkin in their place. she's awesome
As far as I know. They aren't handpicking people that have it rough, the Designer Child do ALREADY exist. Amara and Moco are using info from Puck to find them and restore their memories. Whether they have it rough or not is another issue altogether, or so I believe.
Jun 1, 2014 5:31 PM

Oct 2010
Holy shit that Pitz squirrel thing is nothing but a massive plot device.
Jun 1, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2012
Akari is totally badass. Aliens can never beat magical girls!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 2, 2014 7:04 AM
Oct 2010
BGMaxie said:

No, what I mean to say is have them offline so that any sort of security system did not interfere with the launching of nukes. That is to say to ALLOW the nukes to launch and kill everything.

Ugh.. that didn't happen and it was quite clear that she just took them offline. I don't know if you are mixing up something here but the low orbit impactors have nukes as well, those are the ones I'm referring to.

BGMaxie said:

Also she did not need to know the results of the fight. She said she needed 10 minutes, right? Means that if the team was victorious (which was the case given Amara and Moco's conversation) she would call the nukes off. If the team was unsuccessful she would let the nukes go wild and kill Earth (maybe?). She needed not to know nothing at that point, she only needed to be set free and then act accordingly, which is what she did.

That's completely wrong, because she used the threat of the nukes to leave the building after they(the kiltgang) had failed. Essentially that girl would have had her kiltgang and already been consuming the humans by the time that happened, so instead of nuking one area she would have killed everyone instead. Does that make sense to you? What would have happened didn't let her go btw? She would have just killed everyone for what? For nothing? Her actions made no sense and just made me hate her as a character even more.

BGMaxie said:

And how could he approach her from below? The buildings were exactly equal in size, watch it again and you'll realize there is a MAJOR difference in height. The only way he could have approached from below, was busting the whole building, and that could mean casualities, which is what he wanted to avoid at all costs. What he did was crazy, not gonna argue there, still within what he wanted. Not sure what's so bad there.

Dude what? Firstly they were in the construction area, that was the reason Daichi wanted to fight her there, because there would be no casualties. Secondly the buildings are at different heights, daichi hid on top of one before he did his livelaster scene, and even still, how does that change the fact he could have just come up from the bottom of the building SHE was on? It makes no sense to fight an artillery head on from distance, and even an idiot would know to just come from below.

BGMaxie said:

Also it seems miracles won't work often, I mean.........Daichi is gonna mess up next episode so that may even things out. And I'm gonna tell you this much, no asspulls or absurd power ups are gonna ever beat the ones in the Saint Seiya franchise. Compared to those, this one is a small passtime.

That's not really the point, the livelaster has added a get out of jail free card for the writers, anytime they need, they can make the livelaster do some ridiculous shit for daichi to win.
GD1551Jun 2, 2014 1:42 PM
Jun 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Dec 2013
Was kind of hoping for some character development in this episode. I actually pegged this episode to be the one where they failed to stop the Kilt-gang from activating and had to be forced into destroying the Kilt-gang the old fashion way.

What I thought would happen: Akari would get kidnapped and have her confidence taken down a few pegs. Learn that she's not invincible, develop some dependence on her teammates.

What happens: She threatens to nuke the world, follows through, and all the whilst acts all arrogant and OP at team Rocket. Why the heck mention that she can only use the ultimate hack once only? Does that mean the next episode if they kidnap her it'll be okay then, since she won't be able to hack the nukes again?
Don't know if derpy spy...... or just plain arrogantly stupid....

Daiichi: Thought he would finally get serious after being told about Akari being kidnapped, realize that being a Captain pertains looking after everyone in the team and actually feel a little bit guilty for not posting a watch on Akari when she went AWOL.

What happens: He beats the Forth Designers Child by suddenly opening up his cockpit and shooting a Livelaster round that may/may not have pierced the shield or even the head (how the hell did his aim get so steady? The robot was flying through the air on a trajectory AND there was an arm shield blocking his line of sight. maintaining a steady laser stream directly at the head should be nigh impossible in those conditions). All is well and he can stick to being the "Awww, don't call me Captain" idiot with little or no sense of caution or remorse that he is.

On second thought, hold up, why doesn't he just skip the Robo suit and use the Livelaster EVERY SINGLE TIME INSTEAD? Seeing as it's even more OP than any of the guns that got blown up this episode....

Teppei I cannot blame much, his reaction was exactly what I made of it. He would actually think himself useless and after failing to do something proper (i.e. shadow Akari) he would take it upon himself to take action for once.

Hanna will forever be Hanna. Her sole purpose in life was to customize the Livelaster for Daiichi and be a damsel in distress.

The one thing I don't get is: if Pitz can detect down to the date when the next Designers Child will go berserk and where, then why the hell don't they go LOOKING FOR THAT DESIGNERS CHILD BEFORE THEY AWAKEN?!?! They have all the resources in the world at their disposal and cannot even recover 8 little data files on those 8 children in time so that they can save them from Amara's lips? They even have the Pitz cheat where they know that the DC awakening will definitely be in that area, no? Why not go find them?
If Teppei can be swayed to this side, then why not the others?
Makes no sense to just leave them out there so Team Rocket can just go pick them off, now does it?

Ugh, I'll keep watching this show, because I like the animation and the music, but the plot holes irk me to no end.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.