Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, so Yui dreams about Apollo. Is that a flag or something? Calling it now. Oh well, it was just a dream although it kinda felt real to her I guess. But seriously though, some of those dreams got a bit disturbing.

Overall, a more tense episode at least imo compared to some of the previous. Oh silly Yui.

May 31, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
Apollon and the human girl he loves... (Casandra) Apollon getting sleepy often. 6 months passed, and the teacher giving test. Study group time. That vision and Apollon's worry... So that's why? She died? His guilt reacted with his seal ring and the sphere.

Zeus know everything, and that's why he created the school? The teacher only got near her toask what she will do. She allowed Casandra to get into her to talk to him about how happy she is. That purified the sphere and ring is gone.

So rest of the series is finding a way to get their ring taken off??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2014 11:15 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ohh nice, Apollon got his shackle/ring off. Well I think he was always ahead of the game just because he already loved a human. Lol at the end when everyone's like, just what is it that we're forgetting? And Tsukito nonchalantly replies, "the test right?" XD
May 31, 2014 11:25 AM
Mar 2010
It was a nice episode but I found the previous episodes with Loki and Balder better. Sorry, I just didn't think much of Apollon from the beginning. xD

I want more Hades and Takeru and Balder! Gah, the game has to come out in English!

...or I have to learn Japanese faster. Kanji! >_<
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 31, 2014 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
Apollon's back-story was pretty sad.

Apollon got his shackle off, that's good for him.
May 31, 2014 12:17 PM
Nov 2008
Awww, that's so sweet... Guess they couldn't show how much of an asshole Apollo was towards Cassandra. Well, seems that knowing Greek mithology wouldn't help Yui anyway, because they live in some kind of parallel world.
May 31, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
Lol yeah,Greek mythology version of Cassandra and Apollo story is more err,interesting...and way less romantic or something:').
If they wanted true sob backstory they could have used Hyacinth........but i guess they thought all the gay in the past episodes was enough,oh well. (it wasn't...there is never enough of gay)
May 31, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2008
Well, I don't care about Apollon, so meh episode when it comes to plot, but all those fun little things like SUPER UBER MEGA TOOTSIE WALL SLAM or Takeru being all "what the hell are you doing man, not cool, yo" made this episode very enjoyable. And Yui talking to dem guys like a boss, she told Thoth's eyeliner who's wearing pants in this school alright. I really do like how this otome game adaption is so not taking itself seriously and has those easter egss and everything AND MAKE MORE REVERSE HAREMS LIKE THIS PLZ
May 31, 2014 1:36 PM
Nov 2013
I'm sure that Thoth holds a grudge against the wall.
May 31, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2010
Hmm.. The plot sort of went all over the place.

Last episode I thought they kind of solidified where the series was going, but guess I thought wrong :-P.

Yui looks so much better without her hair down.. Sucks they always have it up.
May 31, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
I love Apollon a stupid amount, so this gets my 5/5 easily. Thoth-sama's epic wall bang (oh wall, passionate lover) might have had something to do with it as well.

The only real critism I have is why Cassandra picked the middle of the year to start haunting Apollon - reeks of 'And Now Here's Apollon's Episode!'-type lazy writing. It does, however, make sense that she may not be able to affect him as a God, so she'd wait centuries for an opportunity like Human School, in which he's temporarily mortal. Maybe she couldn't find the school in the sky?? Lol. Idk - a bit more dialogue -- something! -- would have been nice. The limitations of an Otome adaption, I guess.

But besides that logic hole gaping the fabric of this show, it was prettily directed and emotionally resonant. Another point in this show's favor -- it takes advantage of the great group (and subgroup) dynamic the kami-sama have. Idiot divinities. = v =
May 31, 2014 3:30 PM

Sep 2008
Quick question...
Kaji-kun character will get some more screentime or he will show up like this till the end?
May 31, 2014 4:06 PM
Mar 2012
Quite the feels for Apollon.
May 31, 2014 8:40 PM
Oct 2013
bloodymeadow said:

You noticed that too? lol ;) either that or he has some serious personal space issues.
May 31, 2014 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
this was a nice episode :) apollon's backstory was pretty sad...
LittleStar said:
Quick question...
Kaji-kun character will get some more screentime or he will show up like this till the end?

well i think he will get some screentime, otherwise they wouldn't have hired a seiyuu lol
May 31, 2014 11:55 PM

Nov 2007
OMG, Thoth. Lawl. I don't know why, but I look forward to see where and how he'll slam his hand into something each episode. This one was fantastic.

Very sympathetic episode, I got the feels. Even though I know the actual mythology, I find I really don't care since obviously this isn't our mythology. Or ... even mythology, I guess. O.o;

Protective!Takeru is the best Takeru. :)

I'm interested if they'll actually fit the whole Baldr thing in this at all...
Jun 1, 2014 2:17 AM

May 2014
rimedragona said:
OMG, Thoth. Lawl. I don't know why, but I look forward to see where and how he'll slam his hand into something each episode.

Haha, seeing your post makes me think of all sorts of funny positions! XD Lol.
Jun 1, 2014 4:08 AM
Jan 2011
Yui you stupid girl, you're worry about the mid term exam whereas your true mission is to teach them gods about humanity.
Jun 1, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Shaniyaz said:

Good episode. Still waiting for how Loki intends to kill Baldr. Or was it just a fluke?

Hmm me too! Anyone else notice he had nipples! *shocked gasp*

I really like this anime and the characters are all pretty darn cute :P
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Jun 1, 2014 6:59 AM

Feb 2013
FenixDragon43 said:
Hmm.. The plot sort of went all over the place.

Last episode I thought they kind of solidified where the series was going, but guess I thought wrong :-P.

yeah, last episode I really thought ' wow, plot twist finally! '
well, I guess getting rid of the ring is plot too

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Jun 1, 2014 7:17 AM

Jul 2011
I felt like this episode sort of dropped in comparison to the previous episodes getting better and better. I don't know how they're going to finish this in 3 episodes though, 'cuz it spent 7 episodes alone to introduce all the characters, and like I'll really hate it if they do a half-assed conclusion.

There are so many things to address though, mainly the whole Loki and Balder thing that I'm looking forward to a lot. And personally I wouldn't mind seeing more of Takeru. I wonder if they're going to spend one episode each on each region's god getting rid of their chainthings? (Like, 1 for Hades, 1 for Balder and Loki & 1 for Take & Tsuki?)
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Jun 1, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2011
Lol, when they brought up exams I just tried to remember what the heck they even learned in their classes. xD; I distinctly remember Cassandra in mythology and now I feel like I should brush up on that information.
Jun 1, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2008
silverwalls said:
LittleStar said:
Quick question...

well i think he will get some screentime, otherwise they wouldn't have hired a seiyuu lol

Yeah, but there is 9 episode and he still don't get proper introduced...
Jun 1, 2014 9:27 AM
Jan 2013
Apollon's back story, looks like he's haunted by his previous lover.
Jun 1, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
Oh Thoth, the desk and the wall. Especially that wall, his hands didn't hurt, right?

And Dionysus I'd love to see more of you ok you're so adorable y u must be a supporting character c r y
Jun 1, 2014 12:21 PM

Nov 2012
LittleStar said:

according to what i've heard from VN players he has a very very small route in the VN but doesn't play any role before then
so i think it makes sense that he isn't introduced
i hope we get more of him soon though, would be a waste of great character design if not :_:
Jun 1, 2014 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
Its only been six months? Is there going to be a season 2 or are we going to plow through another 6 months in 3 eps? And I really want to know when that scene from the first ep will happen.

I think that was the most epic thoth slam so far.
Jun 1, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
I was liking Apollon the best out of all the gods, and looking forward to his episode so much...
Unfortunately, the story with Cassandra was exactly what came up on my ancient Greek exam a week ago. An exam that I did very, very badly on. So I spent the 20 minutes gritting my teeth and trying not to think about it :(
Kind of pissed now. I would have loved this episode were it not for that.
(I bet I'm the only person with this problem ha)
Jun 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
midterms lol~
anubis dozing off in the court yard~ (still waiting for some lines from him...)
so i guess we're back to apollon's route now? feels...
takeru so protective~

thoth and that wall, they got a special relationship...

happy end~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jun 1, 2014 7:45 PM

Apr 2010
The dramatic wall and desk slamming makes this episode a 10/10, who cares about the rest of the show.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jun 2, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
Gigglepud said:
I felt like this episode sort of dropped in comparison to the previous episodes getting better and better.

I feel the opposite. It got boring when it tried to be serious. This episode made it worthwhile again because Apollon is much more fun to watch than the others.

But yeah, I'm also worried about the last three episodes. I wish it had a second season or something because we need an episode like this (like full on character episode) for each of the characters to make this a good adaption.

Also, THOTH SLAM AYYY
Jun 2, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2008
If it wasn't for Loki not receiving a proper episode, I was already going to say last time, "okay, now can we finally get back to Apollon?". Hm~ I wonder if they'll now show all one by one getting the shackles off. That'll probably take too long, though. Good that they remembered the tests at the end and didn't let that chance pass by xD I wonder if Toto can surpass that dramatic moment from this time. :O

Edit:
LittleStar said:
silverwalls said:
LittleStar said:
Quick question...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1162689
^ Isn't that why they'll release this? I'm not sure if something has been released about the content of it up until now, but from the beginning from when it had been announced I assumed the Egyptian guys were supposed to appear (mainly) there.
Face_FaithJun 2, 2014 3:59 PM
Jun 2, 2014 5:12 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Cassandra T_____T

Apollo passed the test. I wonder who will be next.
Jun 4, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
LOL LMAO
Loki: "Aho-llon/A-fool-lon" hahahahaaha nice pun

If he forbids himself from seeking happiness, why is he the cheerful/genki one in the group, I mean, shouldn't he be the emo one instead of Hades, but whatever, at least this refreshes my mind a bit about Greek myth (it isn't really a common knowledge in my country)

Anyway, (uncle) Hades is so cute lmao ahhh

Good to see Yui going up against King of Slamming; Thoth-sensei
Jun 4, 2014 5:43 PM
Sep 2012
bloodymeadow said:
Hahaha
This episode went a lot better than I thought it would. I thought Cassandra would try to stay in Yui.
Jun 5, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
@silverwalls, I wonder why some new seiyuu don't voice him when he got such small role...
or maybe Kaji-kun make good voice for him...

@Face_Faith, looks like this... but I have hope he will get some screentime before OVA.
Jun 20, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2010
Apollo's back story.

I see, Yui has gotten used to being pinned against the wall xD

Wow, that escalated quickly. Still a nice episode, as long as we get more Hades.
Jun 23, 2014 1:20 AM
Aug 2011
Thought we would keep going with Loki and Balder.

Why does Apollon keep calling Yui Fairy though?

Anyway, Thoth's wall slam was so freaking intense it actually made me laugh and ruined the somber mood of the episode.
It was so worth it though. Like everyone else said... that part was easily a 10/10.
He really likes to invade personal space too lol.
Somehow he is turning into the best character ahahaha.
Aug 4, 2014 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Laughably bad execution, and rushed, and seemed too easy. Was hoping they would continue the story of Baldr and Loki, and Thor, sadly disappointed.

"The test, eh."
"Ahhhhhhhh!"

Edit: And of course, that Thoth, wall slamming was intense.
Edit: Or pole in this case ^.
ToG25thBaamAug 4, 2014 3:56 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 6, 2015 10:02 AM

Jun 2010
The best episode so far!
Cassandra was so beautiful and made a cute couple with Apollon. <3
Thoth is freaking awesome! His appearance is cool every time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2015 6:05 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was so emotional!
Jun 29, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Kind of sucks that this episode didn't really delve into answering why Loki has to kill Baldr, but since it is an adaptation of the VN, I guess it only makes sense.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jan 3, 2016 5:39 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode! Got to learn something about Apollon, so that's good.
I noticed how it all got a lot more serious. First with that Balder-Loki thing and now Apollons sad story. But it's interesting nonetheless.
Keep wondering about this Anubis character who I keep seeing around and who everyone is talking about... hmm
Thoth and his wall... It never gets old, just more and more amusing. I look forward to it every time :D He never disappoints.
I really like Hades and Takeru. Hades is so cute, didn't hear him apologizing this episode because of his 'misfortune'. Still loves his rice cakes. And Takeru with his protectiveness.

Their faces in the end were the best tho ;D
Shoot, we forgot the exams... xD
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
May 12, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
Lol at the ending xD

Pretty nice story about Apollon's past~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jun 14, 2016 2:24 AM

Feb 2013
Beautiful episode.
I was sure that Cassandra didn't want to harm Apollon, it's nice to see that she was able to tell him everything.
Jul 15, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2016
tingy said:
Ohh nice, Apollon got his shackle/ring off. Well I think he was always ahead of the game just because he already loved a human. Lol at the end when everyone's like, just what is it that we're forgetting? And Tsukito nonchalantly replies, "the test right?" XD

It was one of the many great parts of this episode; when they asked the question, i myself was thinking what did they forget? And when Tsukito said the test... their faces!!! Priceless! ~^.^~
Aug 24, 2016 8:59 PM

Mar 2015
Thats Thots signature move for always slamming the wall, LOL.

3.2/5
Nov 23, 2017 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
K A B E D O N I N T E N S I F I E S
Aug 12, 2020 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
Thoth exists to kabedon only? waiting to see surpriseee from him other than kabedon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 12, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

164 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 11, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

48 by helennaaj »»
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Character?

TragicRomance - Jun 20, 2014

18 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:24 PM

» Kamigami No Asobi Season 2 ??

KazukiMakoto - Sep 23, 2014

21 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.