Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2008
I've seen many people say they've rewatched things several times, that they've actually watched something over again right after finishing it, or one guy who watched Madoka 30 times. It seems like doing this probably means something is wrong with you.

What is wrong with you?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2014 7:39 AM
Feb 2013
I never, even once, rewatched an anime, I mean, those time you spent rewatching could be used to watch more anime you haven't seen yet.
May 31, 2014 7:40 AM

Feb 2013
l rewatch only if the anime is worth it or just to catch things better, for example l had to rewatch the third movie of Madoka to understand things better, same with NGE.

Aug 2013
I rarely rewatch. Almost never.

May 2014
Some anime I will re-watch if they story was good enough, but other than that I normally don't re-watch

Nov 2013
Fuusuke said:
I never, even once, rewatched an anime, I mean, those time you spent rewatching could be used to watch more anime you haven't seen yet.

i kinda agree with this^

but once i've watched a lot I'm going to start rewatching my favorites
May 31, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2012
No-
Why? becz why should I rewatch anime If I already watch it and I know how It ends

May 31, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2009
I rewatch when I want to. They are my favourite shows after all and even watching them for a tenth time they are most likely still better that 90% of the stuff I haven't seen, yet.
May 31, 2014 7:42 AM

Feb 2013
Do you compulsively rewatch anime?
no

Why?
because there are still a lot of good titles i haven't seen yet
May 31, 2014 7:42 AM

Jan 2010
I rewatch individual episodes or scenes. I rarely rewatch whole shows.
May 31, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
May I just ask everyone to sit down on this one. I re-watched One Piece, twice. Yeah.

Also, the point of watching anime isn't to watch as many shows as possible before you die. You guys worry too much about those stats on your MAL profile.
May 31, 2014 7:52 AM

Sep 2013
I dont re-watch a whole series though sometimes I re-watch some episodes I liked. Like naruto and pain's fight.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 31, 2014 7:52 AM

Jan 2012
I don't rewatch things as often as I did say a decade ago, but when I do I try to rewatch the whole show if it's 50 episodes or shorter otherwise I just take it by arc. I can understand rewatching particular scenes or episodes immediately after watching if one really enjoyed them.
May 31, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2011
I rewatch all the time, for various reasons though. If I've forgotten all about a series, I will rewatch it. If I feel like my opinion on a series would have changed over time, I will rewatch it. If I just want to watch it again for fun, I will rewatch it.

Feb 2013
I re-watched One Piece, Bleach, Blood + , Death Note, FMA Brotherhood, Inuyasha, Code Geass ( both seasons), Dragon Ball Z and I will re-watch all my 10/10 in the future.

Nov 2010
Why not?

AnimeSweden said:
May I just ask everyone to sit down on this one. I re-watched One Piece, twice. Yeah.
One Piece 3 times, Naruto 6 times, Gintama 8 times, Hajime no Ippo 7 times, Initial D(all stages) 7 times, Detective Conan 1 time, Prince of Tennis 5 times, etc.
IntroverTurtleMay 31, 2014 7:57 AM
May 31, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Why not?

AnimeSweden said:
One Piece 3 times, Naruto 6 times, Gintama 8 times, Hajime no Ippo 7 times, Initial D(all stages) 7 times, Detective Conan 1 time, Prince of Tennis 5 times, etc.

*Quietly sits down without objection*
May 31, 2014 7:59 AM

Mar 2014
I rewatched Darker Than Black and Madoka 4 times.I never rush it though. It's always a very slow rewatch. I prefer to watch something new whenever I can.
May 31, 2014 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
The only time I've rewatched a series was when my internet was messing up and the series (Serial Experiments Lain) had huge rewatch value imo.

IntroverTurtle said:
Why not?

AnimeSweden said:

That seems like a magnificent waste of time. How can you even get enjoyment out of watching Gintama 8 times? Maybe the first time or two, but 8 times?
May 31, 2014 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
I'll only re-watch if I enjoyed the show extremely and want to go for another ride. Steins;Gate, Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon, Death Note, and sometimes I'll be daring enough and marathon longer shows like Bleach, Monster, FMA:B or Gintama a second time. Just to experience all the awesome moments once again!
May 31, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2010
Rance-sama said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Why not?

AnimeSweden said:

That seems like a magnificent waste of time. How can you even get enjoyment out of watching Gintama 8 times? Maybe the first time or two, but 8 times?
Of course I don't get any enjoyment, I stopped getting enjoyment from watching Gintama after the 3rd time. I watch it because I don't enjoy it, that's what turns me on.

Or maybe it's not a waste of time because I enjoy rewatching more than I do watching an anime for the first time. And I get the same enjoyment out of Gintama each rewatch(even the 8th), so I watch it once every 6 months. It's my chillout anime, episodic, comedy, with some action, perfect for it.
May 31, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
Yh my favourite shows get a rewatch once in awhile. Why? Cuz its downloaded on my HDD and at times of lack of internet or I have a lot of spare time I tend to enjoy them again.

Usually every 1-3 years or so.
May 31, 2014 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
I used to not re-watch at all, but recently I've started to watch a things over again.
May 31, 2014 8:09 AM

Jun 2013
Not sure anyone cares, but my reason as to why I re-watched One Piece twice was partly due to the fact that I was so skeptical towards other animes. I used to use a streaming site called animefreak (don't flame me for posting that name) and that site had a top 20 of all time popular shows. As you would expect, the first shows that I watched were the big three and some other popular ones like death note and clannad since they were ranked so high on that list. For me that list was was the basis for what show to watch next. I'm glad I managed to broaden my views later on though!
May 31, 2014 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
AnimeSweden said:
Not sure anyone cares, but my reason as to why I re-watched One Piece twice was partly due to the fact that I was so skeptical towards other animes. I used to use a streaming site called animefreak (don't flame me for posting that name) and that site had a top 20 of all time popular shows. As you would expect, the first shows that I watched were the big three and some other popular ones like death note and clannad since they were ranked so high on that list. For me that list was was the basis for what show to watch next. I'm glad I managed to broaden my views later on though!

That site is severely limiting despite it's rather large collection of series. I've had similar experiences with it myself.
May 31, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
I rewatch because I can.
May 31, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
I rewatch anime I enjoyed a lot (usually rated 8 or above) at least once a year. Rewatching doesn't affect my enjoyment that much, so I am almost always as entertained as in the first view.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 31, 2014 8:17 AM

Sep 2012
I rewatch many animes like detective conan gintama and many more, i mean if you watched them around 2 years ago you forgot many things so its good to see them again.
May 31, 2014 8:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AnimeSweden said:

Also, the point of watching anime isn't to watch as many shows as possible before you die. You guys worry too much about those stats on your MAL profile.
There's a rewatch option on your list as well which you can use so you'd still add just as much time to your stats by rewatching as you would normally if you'd actually care about that :>
May 31, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
AnimeSweden said:

That site is severely limiting despite it's rather large collection of series. I've had similar experiences with it myself.

Yeah I know and I agree. The quality isn't the best either.
May 31, 2014 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
I definitely rewatch my favorite episodes (with a bit of skipping), some of my favorite classic series (after a couple years), and certain anime movies. The reason: because they are good and I feel like it/get the sudden urge to.
May 31, 2014 8:39 AM

Feb 2010
I rarely rewatch, the only shows I ever rewatched alone were Nodame Cantabile, Welcome to the NHK (not even to the end) and There She Is!!
Aside from that I've only done rewatches with friends of shows I've really liked (at least back then) like Code Geass, Death Note, AoT or SSY.
Everytime I get in the mood to rewatch one of my favorites I just think about all the stuff I still want to watch and how great it might turn out and then decide to stick with new material.

I'm more of a rewatcher for Live action series, seen Scrubs 3 times in german 3 times in english, My Name Is Earl 3 times, First 6 How I Met Your Mother seasons 4 times, Firefly twice etc... But that has also declined since my teen years, because of the same problem. Rewatching Babylon 5 sounds great but I'd rather give the few hundred Stargate episodes I haven't watched yet a try.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 31, 2014 8:43 AM
Dec 2013
If I watched an anime dubbed the first time around, I usually watch it subbed the second time around, and get a slightly different experience. I don't usually rewatch an anime the second time. I also plan to rewatch anime I gave a 10/10 to sometime in the future (if it's a finished anime; I don't rewatch anime that is still airing).
May 31, 2014 8:46 AM

Mar 2014
i will never re-watch the whole series, I just re-watch some episodes that i don't get in the first place.
"You cannot make the cold colder and the dark darker"
May 31, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2012
I rarely rewatch anything. Like many people stated that time is usually better served to watching something new! There's no way in hell I'd rewatch a really long series like One Piece or Naruto.

The only times I will re-watch something it has to fufill these criteria:

1) if it has been a very long time since I watched the show (usually at least 5 years)
2) I've forgotten much of the plot
3) The show is one of my favorites of all time. (Talking top 5 or so)

The only two I've rewatched are Code Geass and Gundam Wing.

Gundam Wing I hadn't watched in over 10 years, and I knew it was one of my favorites, so I watched it again after such a long time.

Code Geass it was a bit different, it had only been about 2 years. But my roommate was begging me to watch it in SUB since I had watched it in dub 2 years prior. That and I had forgotten some stuff up to that point. And it's my #1 favorite anime of all time.
May 31, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2007
I rewatch some anime because sometimes the current anime I'm watching doesn't interest me enough to carry on and I'm already watching too much to be starting new ones.
May 31, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2012
I watch good anime that are re-watch worthy
May 31, 2014 9:15 AM

Oct 2009
i retwatch some of my favourite series atleast once, they are still really entertaining the 2nd time, its very enjoyable. i wouldn't say im a compulsive rewatcher, i usually wait a year or so before so before i rewatch a series and theres only a couple i would rewatch mainly my 10s, i watched clannad like 3 years ago and havn't watched it a 2nd time yet, i bet it will be epic when i do
May 31, 2014 9:16 AM

Feb 2010
hentai_eucli said:
Rewatching anime is not something that casuals do.
You may have watched 200 days, but if you have not rewatched some shows then you are still a casual.

I have rewatched many anime, and multiple times, its a really nice feeling, and you are guaranteed to have a great time.

If you think that rewatching is not something you are interested in since there is always something new out there, then chances are you are a filthy casual.

Guilty as charged.
May 31, 2014 9:17 AM

Feb 2014
You may have watched 200 days, but if you have not rewatched some shows then you are still a casual.

I have rewatched many anime, and multiple times, its a really nice feeling, and you are guaranteed to have a great time.

If you think that rewatching is not worth it since there is always something new out there, then chances are you are a filthy casual.

edit: sorry deleted it. reposting the post. I thought I was deleting my other one
May 31, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
hentai_eucli said:

If you think that rewatching is not something you are interested in since there is always something new out there, then chances are you are a filthy casual.

Guilty as charged.
You haven't watched 1,000 anime yet, so yes you're right. Guilty as charged.
May 31, 2014 9:23 AM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
hentai_eucli said:

Guilty as charged.
You haven't watched 1,000 anime yet, so yes you're right. Guilty as charged.

Well, I've been holding back to make Mushishi Zoku Shou my 1000th completed. Didn't expect it to bail on me on two weeks though -.-. Gives me time to focus on longer shows at least.
May 31, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
their is only one anime i have completely rewatched and that's jojo's bizarre adventure I've re-watched all the episodes waiting for stardust crusaders
and i've re-watched all the eps of stardust crusaders while waiting for the next one
if i rewatch another anime i just skip to the part where i think its gets good.
like hunter x hunter i'm starting to rewatch it starting at the yorknew arc or one piece i go to the alabasta arc etc. most manga or anime are boring as shit in the beginning so that's probably why i do this
May 31, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
I only rewatch anime if I haven't seen it in a long time or if I enjoyed it.

May 31, 2014 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
Compulsively, no, but I do rewatch animes if I feel like it and have enough free time to do so.
May 31, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
i do that a lot when i dont feel like starting a new season just yet because i finished a previous anime that put me in a good mood and i dont want to kill the buzz or right before i go to bed.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
May 31, 2014 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
Fuusuke said:

I'd like to agree but I rewatched whole Bleach 2 times. That's because when talking with my friends I seemed to forget 90% of events lol.
So it was only Bleach's case, I do not rewatch.
May 31, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
Plate said:
I've seen many people say they've rewatched things several times, that they've actually watched something over again right after finishing it, or one guy who watched Madoka 30 times. It seems like doing this probably means something is wrong with you.

What is wrong with you?
30 times sounds a bit too much
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 31, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
Well, I have problems finding anime I like, and that is why I rewatch them. I might be picky, but still, it is rare to find anime I truly like.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 31, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2014
Pain_is_love said:
Plate said:

What is wrong with you?
30 times sounds a bit too much

Nah its entirely possible, I have watched K-on 20 times, so I wouldn't be surprised with 10 More.

Its a big number but its possible
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime characters you find attractive that many people won't agree with

IssyBoy - Apr 13

39 by LoveLikeBlood »»
4 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Yesterday

54 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

129 by Seijatachiiii »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is the hottest anime mom? (beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

12 by 23feanor »»
13 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 5 hours ago

13 by Kushna »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.