Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 3, 2009 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
every time i watch this series, i keep wanting to watch the next episode soon. it just keeps getting better and better.

ling is the best!!
DinaraCOct 3, 2009 7:40 AM
Oct 4, 2009 9:08 AM

Jun 2009
Lin is incredible. Fighting like that with his screwed-up body. XD On the other side, Envy... eww. Just eww.
Oct 4, 2009 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
Ever since I read the manga, I've wanted to see how Envy's true form world be animated. All I've gotta say is-they did it justice! Awesome and grotesque!

Oct 5, 2009 12:42 AM
Jul 2009
HeLL i'm speaking the TRUTH, this anime is getting better and better and it drives me crzy. Every episode was an epic, breath taking!
Envy's real form makes me ' WOW' ...that's scary. Finally we gets to see his real form
Oct 5, 2009 2:31 AM

Sep 2008
Jacut said:
Hmmm, those were some great plot developments and animation. That's how a shonen series should be handled, dynamic, well-developped, well-executed and with a good setting. Next ep is the fated reunion, can't wait to see it.

I agree with noteDhero though on the fact that the comedy was (and most of the time in FMA is) bad and the story with the little Chinese girl (don't remember her name, but I don't think it really matters) was ridiculously cliché. But the rest was very good at least.

same
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Oct 5, 2009 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
I believe the phrase, "The shit has hit the fan" is appropriate for this episode. The situation at central is just crazy. I can't even imagine how things will resolve. Mustang...Hawkeye...the rest of the gang~ ;_;

God, I love Edward and Ling.

Envy is ew.
Oct 9, 2009 11:27 PM

Jun 2008
The Gluttony and Al scenes were hilarious!!! Can't wait to see how the next episode is...I like how three different situations are shown in the same episode...it keeps things interesting. :D
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Oct 10, 2009 4:51 AM

Jul 2008
ENVY!
Oct 11, 2009 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
XD @ Envy's true form
Nov 16, 2009 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
Series has been excellent, even with a few rewrites and deletion from the manga (I know, quite comparing it to the manga). I really, really want to know how Ed get's out of Gluttony now.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 14, 2009 9:57 PM

Jul 2009
I sense system overheating at the time of the making of Envy's true form.
May 20, 2010 3:19 AM

Sep 2009
Envy's true form looked great. I hope Al doesn't get himself into a bad situation.
Jul 9, 2010 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
Episode was pretty awesome. I really wonder how Ed and Ling will get out of Gluttony's stomach. Also at the same time, there's this fully transformed Envy that's causing them destruction. An alchemy based Gate of Truth huh? Damn this father is pretty much a total badass alchemist for doing that.

Okay so Bradley's plan to station Mustang's guys into different places and making Ross his personal assistant was really clever. Well he's the president so he could do whatever he want, lol. Fuck I wonder what's next on this.

Also, I love Gluttony just because he acts like a clueless child. He was sitting with Al like they were chilling, lol. I also loved Scar and that small girl. I guess Scar is the type that is really good but is shy to expose it, lol.
Jul 9, 2010 1:06 PM
Sep 2009
Riza Hawkeye is now the Fuhrer's personal assistant, not Ross. Ross is the one that Mustang supposedly killed, who is now in hiding.
Jul 11, 2010 11:11 PM

Apr 2010
-Elric Telepathy = WIN
-Edward pretending to be leaving = So cute, he's such a softie
-Eating leather. I wonder if that's possible. = WIN

Man Envy turns out to be one ugly bastard there.
I assume that Al will be meeting his 'father' in the next episode..
This is going to be fun!
Aug 1, 2010 12:16 AM

Nov 2008
It was an entertaining episode. I would like to know more about the military's role in all of this.

Also I've always had a feeling that Edward's father is the one behind all of this. Maybe I'll get to find out soon.
Aug 1, 2010 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
Envy!!! Gross!!
Aug 1, 2010 7:21 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing Episode!!!

The reassignments were just epic, how's Mustang gonna spin his way outta this one?

It's insane that all the top military brass are homunculus, and are all running shit!

I can't wait to see Ed meet "Father", and how are Ed and Ling gonna beat Envy?

Needz Moar!!!

Urahara Out!!
Dec 16, 2010 3:43 AM

Nov 2009
Boss fight!! *_*
Lol at the weapon Ed made for Lin. But yeah, things aren't looking too good, with the broken ribs and what not /captain obvious.
Jan 19, 2011 3:06 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, Envy's true form was unexpected and Mustang is trouble
May 9, 2011 3:18 AM

Oct 2010
- Ed and Ling confirming if they were real, lmao.
- "Elric telepathy!"
- May Chang's tears, lol.
- May Chang & Shao May flashback. <3

Envy was eww.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 3, 2011 8:55 PM

May 2010
Good episode :))
Jul 5, 2011 6:24 AM

Dec 2010
“At least I can say we’re not in Heaven” – I agree, Lin is smart guy.
Ed telepathy lol :D
May Chang’s cry lol xD
I hate the dirrector, he makes me wuv this panda ;(

This show just does not seems to give me possibility to just cut it off, I just need to watch next episode and next after him. NWOOO!

Btw, is it only me who miss the "Do you know how homunculli are born?"
Aug 5, 2011 4:17 AM
Jul 2010
Envy's true form is... freaking creepy!
Lot's of interesting revelations in this episode too. The Ishbal war was started by the Homunculi, not by accident, and since that long ago, they've been moving ahead with their agenda, which I'm not sure what it is yet, using the entire country as mere puppets. I didn't really get why Wrath is keeping Roy alive either. "To make you understand where you stand." is far from being a good reason. But heck, they're dismanteling is team and... Riza as King Bradley's assistant? My jaw dropped right there.
And Gluttony is the failed attempt of creating the Gate of Truth. But... how the heck will Ed and Ling get out of there? Also, why would Father want to recreate it? (Oh, and Gluttony is so dumb he gets kinda sweet at times xD)

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 1, 2011 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
I wish they'd just skip the action... nothing ever happens anyways.

Just narration would be okay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2011
I feel bad for the poor Ishvalen child.

I hope Hawkeye kicks Bradley's ass.
May 17, 2012 12:13 AM

Sep 2011
How are the prince's clothes still so white after falling into blood!?

And holy shit, its Godzilla! :D
Oct 12, 2012 11:52 AM

May 2012
Damn this episode was crazy that glutony was an experiment to make a fake truth, the inside was completely bad ass environment and dafuq Envy transforming in her real form was quite fucked! Still epic as ever I also wonder what will happen with hawkeye!
Nov 1, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2009
amazing stuff O____O

yeah Glutonny was basically a prototype for the gate of truth.

it's now wonder the eye looks similar from the real one.

i lol when Ed was trying to leave Ling Yao behind.

each step he's saying he's serious yet he always looks back XD

did they really ate the shoe O____O

guess it is for survival after all.

Shao May and May Chang backstory is lovely :)

so Envy actually started the civil war in ishbal huh?

freaking bastard

im surprised he didn't mentioned about killing Hughes(maybe later one??)

wow Envy is a monster O____O

seriously wtf is he?!?!?!

hope Ed and Ling would destroy this monster.

so Kain, Breda, and Falman got transferred out?!?!

and what the Hawkeye becoming an assistant to King Bradley????

freaking bastard.

so Al is gonna see the "father" of Homunculus huh??

be careful Al!!!

damn the plot is getting better and better and the animation is just amazing!!!!!!
Nov 9, 2012 1:18 PM
Nov 2012
Greed wasnt kidding about how ugly envy was.

and oh man that scene with the child...Brotherhood doesnt pull its punches
Mar 27, 2013 8:31 PM

Jun 2012
WHAT?!?!?! WHOS THE DAD?!?!? I have a feeling that it is ed and al dad ._.
Apr 11, 2013 2:44 PM

Aug 2012
Gluttony being all moe when Al groped his belly was too much hnnng for me to handle.
Jun 26, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2012
Elric Telepathy haha! Ugh Envy's true form. He started the Ishvalan War. Gluttony's nice attitude towards Al is so weird.
Jul 31, 2013 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
ELRİC TELEPATHY...
May Chang: I still can't find Xiao May(little panda).
Yoki:Maybe stray dogs ate him.
May Chang:IIIAAAAA. That scene was superb funny.
Xiao May's biting May Chang' finger scene... kawaiiiii..
BTW, have you realized that Yoki is Franky from One Piece??
Al:Yoki, take me to your 'father'.
Yoki:Ook.. Okay. Al is like a boss...
Sep 20, 2013 7:44 AM
Aug 2013
I really do hate CG, but Envy was pretty good. Loved envy's monologue. Gluttony is just like a child,he doesn't have enemies (Mustang aside) he just wants to fill his guts,I like those little moments where bad guys aren't really bad guys If I could change something about the series it would be May,Yoki and Xiao. At the moment they have no real importance to the series except for may being able to heal Scar and that's it,and Xiao is just an unmemorable mascot.
Oct 17, 2013 6:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I knew Envy was the creepiest guy there was.

The reassignments are a big stroke, but I don't get why they just don't imprison Mustang?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2013
OMG NO what the hell is happening to everybody :(
Nov 21, 2013 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
i dont understand how they think they can fight a monster that big
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 24, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2013
lol they ate Ed's leather shoes... where did they get water.. they used blood?? damn.

Envy's real form is.... gross

what will happen to Hawkeye??

I really think those homonculus' father is Hohenheim.
Mar 18, 2014 9:56 PM

Jun 2011
Wh..? They ate the shoes, lol. Man, if Ed knew about Envy and Hughes, he would rage like no tomorrow. Now is Al going to meet his father? Hmm. For a moment there I actually thought that Gluttony was sort of cute.. -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Envy's true form is creepy as hell. And I couldn't help my giggle from that horrid CG. They did a nice job covering it at some parts though by drawing over it, but still.

I find Al and Gluttony sort of teaming up kinda hilarious.
Jun 6, 2014 7:23 PM

Apr 2012
woah wtf envy is a giant fucking lizard raid boss

Jun 9, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
They ate Ed's shoe. Nicely seasoned.

Envy is a fugly dinosaur O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 10, 2014 6:49 PM

Jan 2012
Fantastic episode omg

Elric telepathy hahaha. I got the creeps when Ed found Al's arm, though. I spent half the episode being paranoid about Ling being Envy because I still don't understand how he remained whole while Al's hand is severed. What was cool was the little clues about Envy's real form, which I noticed last ep, and hoooly shit is he an ugly motherfucker. I loved the creepy little heads.

The panda stuff was just dumb wtf, beyond ridiculous. I find Sloth more cute than that little Xing girl anyways.

The best part of the episode, though, was Roy's situation. His plots are usually the most intriguing ones. I like "two boys try to find their bodies," but I LOVE "ambitious officer tries to become fuhrer only to realize whole system is corrupt." The music during the reassignments was awesome and really amps you up
NinahJun 10, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 10, 2014 1:29 AM
Mar 2014
envys real form is creepy as fuck something straight out of a horror movie
Sep 24, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
The whole military top is corrupt. And how the fuck are they going to fight that thing ?
Sep 24, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2014
There's even a backstory for the panda.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 17, 2014 10:47 AM
Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
There's even a backstory for the panda.
lol. it explained why it was so small. but it couldn't possibly be that smart: eating with chopsticks and fighting and clinging to Al.
Couldn't Ed have used his alchemy for going through that sea of blood?Make like a solid wave on which they would stand which continues forward.I expexted them to say how bad the boot tasted, but they didn't.
And Envy... how???
I thought Ed had left Als arm behind, but then you saw that piece of cloth around him, where did he get that from by the way? From one of his bandages if he had any?
So that friend of Grumman is like that.. that's kind of sad. Why are they all like that, Helping King Bradley?

P.S. this is my longest forum post evaa
jiajiaOct 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Dec 28, 2014 1:59 AM

Aug 2014
King Bradley certainly does have everyone at his disposal. Mustang chose the wrong person to oppose.

Cool seeing Envy do stuff too.
Dec 29, 2014 9:19 PM
May 2012
Shao May and May Chang are both adorable together~
Dafuq, leathers are edible?!?! Thanks for the info.
Bastard Envy killed an innocent child.....That is heartbreaking :/ "His real form must be" ........a weird shit CG.
Ling, Ed, Mutang and his subordinates are in real deep shit!! I hope nothing happens to my Riza!!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
3 hours ago

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.