Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2014 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty tense episode overall. The past is never fun to live with especially when it involves being separated. Haruka's caring nature is quite refreshing to watch in this episode though.

A lot of feels this episode~
The ending was kinda surprising I guess.
Stark700May 31, 2014 9:06 AM
May 31, 2014 4:56 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Loved how Kindaichi demonstrated the lottery trick which narrowed downed to Kamioka being the culprit. Nicely done, Kindaichi.

Kamioka's story was quite nice and sad at the same time. Such a good sister he had to support him financially for his tuition.
Felt a little bad for him of how his sister was framed.. Media world can be cruel sometimes.

Looks like Kindaichi has a rival, codenamed Gentleman Thief.
Would like to see more of their rivalry stories.

Good episode. Prison Prep School Murder case next week.
I wonder how formidable Kindaichi's grandfather was, since he always swears upon his name to bring criminalities to light.

May 31, 2014 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
Shaniyaz said:

Kamioka's story was quite nice and sad at the same time. Such a good sister he had to support him financially for his tuition.
Felt a little bad for him of how his sister was framed.. Media world can be cruel sometimes.

Don't care, you will see the nemesis of Kindaichi in the next episode with Takato Yoichi The Hell's Puppeteer. His rival is more Akechi.
May 31, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2012
Yeah kind of lackluster explanation for the individual killings and I was expecting this surprise twist from Reika (there were 2 this time?) but overall I guess it's atleast nice to follow, there's absolutely no way for the reader to figure this out aside from the CAS.

Next case seems extremely promising with Takato, the twist at the end should be skies above this secret sibling stuff.
May 31, 2014 9:06 AM
Jan 2013
Well, it's kinda surprising when Kaitou Gentleman wants to get treasure instead of paintings, is gold becoming an artwork now? :P

Next case is another one from the drama, hm...
Sota's hair is kinda weird there...
May 31, 2014 9:11 AM

Apr 2014
This episode reminded me why I love Kindaichi so much.
The Gentleman Thief coming in the end was a pleasant surprise! Wasn't expecting her to return!
I wish I could finish the original series. I got 20 episodes in and had to stop because of bad translations.
Since I'm a huge fan of murder mysteries Kindaichi is perfect for me.
May 31, 2014 9:29 AM

May 2012
dex_dash said:
Well, it's kinda surprising when Kaitou Gentleman wants to get treasure instead of paintings, is gold becoming an artwork now? :P

Next case is another one from the drama, hm...
Sota's hair is kinda weird there...
The next case should be good though, but was there any foreshadowing that the thief would be there?
May 31, 2014 9:40 AM

May 2013
So we know who the killer is. Kinda felt bad for him now, seeing what happened that drove him to being a murderer.
May 31, 2014 9:47 AM
Jan 2013
k11chi said:
The next case should be good though, but was there any foreshadowing that the thief would be there?

The next case should have been good lol...

nope, not any sign Kaitou Gentleman will be there, so...
May 31, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
Ooh that was unexpected.. the drawing lot trick was simple but very clever. The evidence is kinda lacking though. I don't know if it's enough to convict him in court, a very good lawyer might be able to wriggle him out citing lack of hard evidence.

The next case I might have read it on the manga if it was really the same case I was thinking of.
May 31, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2012
MoeGod said:
Ooh that was unexpected.. the drawing lot trick was simple but very clever. The evidence is kinda lacking though. I don't know if it's enough to convict him in court, a very good lawyer might be able to wriggle him out citing lack of hard evidence.

The next case I might have read it on the manga if it was really the same case I was thinking of.
Because the cops are never on-scene during cases like these we won't hear about these things, but the dudes fingerprints should be on the jar-vase thing he used to kill the random cameraman who came there for a reason we may never find out... Though that wouldn't make him the killer of the rest of them... But that one dude just happened to appear on the roof without anyone noticing?
May 31, 2014 6:24 PM
May 2013
That preview, seriously: it's so cheaply animated :(

I mean, I spotted Liu Fan (third victim) from the Hong Kong arc, and the first victim of the Alchemist arc (with his hair dyed blonde) as well as the murderer from the same arc (but with black hair). WTF? I don't recall the manga doing the same.
Jun 1, 2014 2:22 AM
Jan 2011
Ho hoo, that's pretty intense at first I thought that the suspect is the girl who wears knee high socks, but it was Kamioka all along. So if Kindachi is Sherlock homes, then that means the "Gentleman Thief" is Moriarty, geeez, why is she called the "Gentleman Thief" if she a girl?
Jun 1, 2014 4:44 AM
Jan 2014
That was pretty... disappointing. No real explanation for how the killer was able to drug those water bottles with nobody noticing. And a lot of the deduction was simply just-so stories and speculation, and the evidence was circumstantial at best. I bet that if he hadn't confessed and gotten a good lawyer he could have probably been declared innocent at a trial.

The Gentleman Thief twist would have been nice if there was any clue that she was there, but nope. It just comes out of nowhere as the writers wanting a kicker at the ending, so that's what we got. (And I would have appreciated it more if it was somebody who the gentleman thief could guarantee would come- what if somebody else had gotten luckier/was better at quizzes than her? The whole plan would have been pointless.)
Jun 9, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2010
That's it. Adderall is the culprit. The old hag drowned in Whisky, of course, was a victim.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't
Real men don't use Task Manager: they sudo kill -9
Computers are like air-conditioning: pretty much useless if you open Windows
"I cannot refute you, Socrates." - said Agathon
"Rather, dear Agathon, what you can't refute is the truth; for Socrates is easily refuted."
Symposium - Plato
Aug 30, 2014 2:41 PM
Jun 2013
joining late discussion, Kindaichi should've taken miyuki's door because it has the number of 47, silver! it's not as expensive as gold but at least you will get rich for a few years xD
Jan 5, 2018 7:42 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty obvious that the killer is a man

Telling a sad story as always when they got caught
In the end I guess it ended in a good note(?)
The scandal about his sister is lifted, though he have to pay for the 4 lives

It should be gentle woman not gentleman xD
Also I don't remember her from main series
I guess I shouldn't trust my memories as a kid
"Signature removed"
Jul 19, 2023 5:51 AM

Oct 2018
The explanation feels a bit convoluted and just like the first case, they are definitely taking time to explain these ending episodes of the cases.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

21 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

12 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

14 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

18 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

17 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.