Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2010 4:41 AM

Mar 2009
A waste of time really. Soushirou was somewhat interesting as a magekiller. Misa was growing on me. Koyomi annoyed the crap out of me. Yumiko came off as a bit of a spoiled brat. The villians came off shallow and underdeveloped. Kaho came off as a bit of a nonentity. I thought the idea off modern magic and making it technology sounding interesting but the only freaking attack spell was the sword thing and it got old quick

In short, as stated numerous times above, TOTALLY wasted potenital. Doubt it'll get a second season...doubt even more if I'd watch it if it did
Feb 9, 2011 6:25 PM

Aug 2009
Well, that was quite a mediocre anime, though it had some interesting premises that, as others have stated before, were executed rather poorly. I guess I watched it till the end mostly because of Misa. On the other side, the Oscar for the most annoying character goes to Koyomi. Why, o why did she have to be the lead. I'm fed up with whiny and idiotic characters like her.
Oh, and Kaho is prolly a Nagato Yuki rip-off (at least personality-wise).
Feb 18, 2011 11:57 AM

Dec 2010
What a waste of a good idea.

This anime can be much much better, but the execution sucks (and blows) it destroys everything. The only good thing I can get from this anime is the underwear-less loli. That's all.
Jun 10, 2012 10:22 AM

Jun 2009
Blah, blah, blah, fight scene, blah blah, death, blah blah blah, fight, blah, ending. That's how it went. :/
May 30, 2016 2:03 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was interesting. The show wasn't that great but I managed to finish it without dropping it at least. I found myself losing focus when watching sometimes but nearing the end everything started to pick up and the intensity went up by a bit which helped keep my attention.

Kaho was pretty much the only reason why I kept watching, she's a pretty cool character and I wish we got to know more about her (funny reference to the puppet show on episode 11 at the end).

One thing I'll say though is the potential for this series to really take off. The concept of magic being codes was cool and I could see there was plenty of room to really flesh this series out. Unfortunately it did not happen that way but it was an okay experience nonetheless.

6/10
Dec 18, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2011
So Digitalis isn't really that bad. She's a lonely girl. She even showed concerned for Koyomi. Glad Koyomi saved her and decided to stay. And that Huang guy got sent to another dimension. All's well that ends well.

I have to say, its pretty much average show but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I already expected it won't be good since I've watched this before since it came out. And it felt really nostalgic watching this again. It has its fun moments I guess.. Its a nice blast from the past anime.

The setting about modern magic and traditional magic could have done better. It has potential for a lot, but anime adaptations are usually inferior to the original.

6/10

Jun 16, 2021 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
I actually liked this show, but I also agree with everyone here. This could have been a lot better. Wasted potential.

SerafosApr 1, 1:11 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou Episode 9 Discussion

Mrokand - Sep 5, 2009

15 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 27, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou Episode 7 Discussion

Lvhina - Aug 24, 2009

15 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Sep 19, 2021 10:58 PM

Poll: » Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou Episode 2 Discussion

5hreddy - Jul 19, 2009

35 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Sep 12, 2021 12:44 PM

Poll: » Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou Episode 11 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Sep 22, 2009

19 by Serafos »»
Jun 16, 2021 8:14 AM

Poll: » Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou Episode 10 Discussion

Mrokand - Sep 16, 2009

12 by Serafos »»
Jun 16, 2021 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.