Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
DEAD OR ALIVE. I'm hoping for the latter tbh.
Mar 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2014
So I guess this is finally the part where
KashKetchumMar 11, 2017 6:13 PM
May 19, 2017 7:36 PM

Oct 2014
This is probably the most confusing JoJo part so far. Buccellati is an animate corpse somehow? Is this somehow part of his stand (through some definite bullshit)? And don't even get me started on King Crimson. I just can't wrap my head around it. P: Might have to stop questioning and just accept it.

And yeah really I don't even care if Fugo is left behind, he's the only one of the gang that I'm not even the slightest bit endeared to. Like, I can't tell you a single thing about his personality, he's just so ill defined. But who knows, maybe he'll turn traitor too and grow an actual character?
Nov 8, 2017 2:44 PM

Feb 2013
Shark attack!
From the soup, lool.
Feb 22, 2020 1:46 PM

May 2016
Everyone except for Fugo, who made the rational decision, had decided to go along with Bruno. I can't blame him for not taking the risk since it's a suicide mission at this point but the bravery of those who did go is admirable.

Narancia swimming to his team when he realized that Trish is very similar to him after all put a tear in my eye.

Oct 18, 2020 10:15 PM

Jun 2016
This just had to be one of the coolest chapters. I loved it. The way we got to see the motivation for each character on such an intimate level really made the team come alive.

In the previous chapter I suggested that Abbacchio was the one member I was most concerned about rejecting the offer. He wanted to follow an absolute power, so wouldn't that fit the boss best? To my surprise he was the first one on board making for an incredibly characterizing moment which blew me away. He feels at home with Buccelati, accepted, and that feeling of belonging makes him a soldier for Buccelati, not Passione. Hell yeah, Abbacchio. Hell yeah!

Mista was no surprise. His backstory suggested that his simple nature pushed him to put his life on the line to save a girl he didn't know. Not even accounting for the home that he's made with Buccelati, and his gratefulness for getting him out of jail, Mista is a man of action. And the boy has a good heart.

Narancia came as the second shock! In the flashback, he said that friendship was the most important thing in the world, and was rejected by everybody, only truly cared for by Fugo and Buccelati. In Formaggio's fight, he would rather die than rat Buccelati out. It seemed obvious that this would be enough, but it wasn't. Paralyzed by fear, it was a sense of solidarity with Trish which persuaded Narancia. A rejection of looking the other way and letting another girl be abandoned the way he was. He will risk his life to do for her, what the crew did for him.

"Trish is me! She's me! A wound on her arm is a wound on me!"

As for Fugo, the fact that he didn't get a backstory flashback had me suspicious of his future role. Whereas Abbacchio's flashback ended with a statement of unclear loyalties, Fugo didn't even get one. In a weird way, he's become far more interesting. I'm fascinated to know what becomes of him. On a narrative level, it's hard to write a character who has a power like his. But then again, Okuyasu had the Hand.

Regardless, after seeing a glimpse of how these characters all tick and work together, Trish can really join the group. She may start to open up now! So cool.
Feb 6, 2021 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
fugo :(
i'll miss him... why did you have to do this, araki? WHY? i.i
Mar 31, 2021 4:22 PM

Jan 2020
Ouch. Fugo has left the gang for good :(

I hate to see it

Jul 22, 2023 7:02 AM
Oct 2011
KashKetchum said:
So I guess this is finally the part where
actually

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 100 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

6 by mistercb »»
Mar 22, 8:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 105 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

5 by lolware »»
Feb 15, 7:54 AM

» Are there any characters (from JoJo or any other IPs) that wear an outfit like Giorno's?

Saori_Shun - Feb 12

1 by Adnash »»
Feb 12, 5:31 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 52 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 20, 2013

7 by lolware »»
Jan 31, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Chapter 155 Discussion

Mana - Nov 10, 2016

15 by sillywackygatto »»
Sep 20, 2023 7:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.