Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion


Oct 22, 2018 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 179
animeguy17 said:
Nihilfist said:

Kite was the first friend that Gon ever made and the one who told Gon about hunters in the first place. He was essentially Gon's surrogate father figure.


1. Please tell me the episode showing this
2. If Gon's special relationship with Kite is from the past, it is illogical for him to not remember him until meeting him again.

The anime changed Kite's introduction. In the manga Kite appears in chapter 1 and saved Gon from a bear when Gon was like 5
 
Jan 4, 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25561
Oh so that's why they created that really whack figure from him! WOW really, did never expect this to be honest, felt so sad and so impressive! This really was probably the best episode of this arc!

Really do wonder what will happen with Gon though, but from what it looks like here it really doesn't look good for Gon and his life force!
 
Feb 2, 11:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Incredible animation!!
 
Feb 14, 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 57
Another epic episode from HxH.

Gon vs. Pitou. Actually, Pitou was one of my favourite villain characters. Maybe she could have been stronger. I really didn't expect Gon's regeneration. Initially, I thought Killua and Gon would fight together. Above all, I liked this episode. But, I can see why some people really disliked it. Because Gon's emotional breakdown is a bit difficult to explain.

(I felt bad for Pitou. Her face was... ruined so bad.)
 
Feb 14, 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 2712
Never liked this episode really, an the top of the cake of an overall disappointing arc.

It would have made much, much more sense and it would have been way more belieavable if Gon had lost his shit because it was either Killua or his father Ging the one he was told to be dead. No matter how related Kite had been to his father it's hard to believe Gon had developed such an affection towards him in such little time.

Besides his "transformation" was painfully laughable. Looked super ridiculous.
 
Feb 24, 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 745
That was brutal as literally the entire internet spoiled for me, but it was a nice consolation that at least Pitou was satisfied, in the end. To know that Gon wasted all his potential just to waste him/her instead of the King.

Poor Killua though. Being able to tell just how much Gon was throwing away here and being helpless to stop him.
 
Feb 24, 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4380
Yay! This episode finally got dubbed! (Even though I've already watched this episode so many times subbed since it first aired).
 
Feb 24, 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 368
That was vicious.

Now I need to see next episode to know what happens to Gon and everybody.
 
Mar 7, 5:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 733
the fight is so short.. he just transformed and killed Pitou. that's it! I like Netero x Meruem fight so far.
月が綺麗ですね ❤️

死んでもいいわ ...
 
Apr 26, 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 401
Gon is the next squidward
 
Jun 7, 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 51
Arkab said:
Never liked this episode really, an the top of the cake of an overall disappointing arc.

It would have made much, much more sense and it would have been way more belieavable if Gon had lost his shit because it was either Killua or his father Ging the one he was told to be dead. No matter how related Kite had been to his father it's hard to believe Gon had developed such an affection towards him in such little time.

Besides his "transformation" was painfully laughable. Looked super ridiculous.


Maybe you don't understand Gon then. Kite was more of a father for Gon than Ging ever was. It's a bit better portrayed in the 99 version when Kite appears in the first episode. Because the thing he told him back then and Kite's action of the slap was what made Gon like Kite.

So this transformation was laughable for you? Gon throwing his whole training away (and at that time) all his future just so he could defeat Pitou, thus showing that his moral compass is not that of a usual shonen protag, Killua finding his friend in this state and being emotionally traumatized, but it's important how Gon looks.

Sure, dude.
 
Jul 14, 5:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
I cried watching this episode. I felt really sad seeing Gon, strongest, yet broken than ever. And Killua not being able to stop him..
 
Jul 15, 3:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 189
BEST. EPISODE. OF. ALL. TIME. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
 
Aug 5, 8:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
So, a ex deus machina episode. Not that I'm expecting anything better than Netero and Meruem, but this fight is just painfully mediocre.

Where is the narrator when I need him now to explain what the shit is happening insightly. They put him in 30 eps to explain every tiny thin, but in this ep, they accidentally put him aside because it's fucking impossible to make sense. I'm sorry, but if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it. They went so far just to show how strong the Royal Guards were. In the end, they are just ... disappointing. Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua. Lmao.

The only thing can keep this anime great to me is making Gon nenless for a long time or forever. However, this is a Shounen and he's a MC, so I'm not expecting much. And the OP even showed Kite becoming a Chimera Ant, it'd make this whole arc stupid and cheap to me.

A disappointing arc with the best moment of the whole anime - Netero vs. Meruem. I really did love HxH before this arc, maybe a 9 but now, 7 is the best I can give.
 
Aug 5, 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
tuanguyen said:
So, a ex deus machina episode. Not that I'm expecting anything better than Netero and Meruem, but this fight is just painfully mediocre.

Where is the narrator when I need him now to explain what the shit is happening insightly. They put him in 30 eps to explain every tiny thin, but in this ep, they accidentally put him aside because it's fucking impossible to make sense. I'm sorry, but if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it. They went so far just to show how strong the Royal Guards were. In the end, they are just ... disappointing. Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua. Lmao.

The only thing can keep this anime great to me is making Gon nenless for a long time or forever. However, this is a Shounen and he's a MC, so I'm not expecting much. And the OP even showed Kite becoming a Chimera Ant, it'd make this whole arc stupid and cheap to me.

A disappointing arc with the best moment of the whole anime - Netero vs. Meruem. I really did love HxH before this arc, maybe a 9 but now, 7 is the best I can give.


XD you did not understand anything.
NEN is heavily influenced by mental condition and emotional state besides that Gon used a Vow and Limitation (similar to Kurapika and Geney Ryodan restriction). your comment is just.... disappointing XD
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Aug 5, 7:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:
So, a ex deus machina episode. Not that I'm expecting anything better than Netero and Meruem, but this fight is just painfully mediocre.

Where is the narrator when I need him now to explain what the shit is happening insightly. They put him in 30 eps to explain every tiny thin, but in this ep, they accidentally put him aside because it's fucking impossible to make sense. I'm sorry, but if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it. They went so far just to show how strong the Royal Guards were. In the end, they are just ... disappointing. Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua. Lmao.

The only thing can keep this anime great to me is making Gon nenless for a long time or forever. However, this is a Shounen and he's a MC, so I'm not expecting much. And the OP even showed Kite becoming a Chimera Ant, it'd make this whole arc stupid and cheap to me.

A disappointing arc with the best moment of the whole anime - Netero vs. Meruem. I really did love HxH before this arc, maybe a 9 but now, 7 is the best I can give.


XD you did not understand anything.
NEN is heavily influenced by mental condition and emotional state besides that Gon used a Vow and Limitation (similar to Kurapika and Geney Ryodan restriction). your comment is just.... disappointing XD

That's just 1 problem. And read my comment carefully.

"if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it."

"Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua."

Explain WITHOUT relying on the manga and 1999 version? If this is possible, I bet that a ton of character wouldn't have died. The problem is that they never showed it just to make sure when Gon uses it, he will become OP as fuck and crush this opponent. That's just lazy and easy to make. But whatever, I'm not here to argue this with fanboys.
Modified by tuanguyen, Aug 5, 7:09 PM
 
Aug 6, 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
tuanguyen said:
cronosteso23 said:


XD you did not understand anything.
NEN is heavily influenced by mental condition and emotional state besides that Gon used a Vow and Limitation (similar to Kurapika and Geney Ryodan restriction). your comment is just.... disappointing XD

That's just 1 problem. And read my comment carefully.

"if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it."

"Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua."

Explain WITHOUT relying on the manga and 1999 version? If this is possible, I bet that a ton of character wouldn't have died. The problem is that they never showed it just to make sure when Gon uses it, he will become OP as fuck and crush this opponent. That's just lazy and easy to make. But whatever, I'm not here to argue this with fanboys.


Man you hate the narrator however those "problems" are distractions of you aside of ignoring the CONTEXT: Gon lost his arm because he was shocked and very sad. Killua wasn't an exception.

Biscuit can transform into a younger person because of her nen however you said that the vow and limitation of Gon can't make that just ONCE. XD

WHAT MAKES NEN STRONGER IT'S THE RESOLVE NOT THE HATRED (STOP WATCHING NARUTO XD)
Modified by cronosteso23, Aug 6, 6:36 PM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Aug 6, 7:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

That's just 1 problem. And read my comment carefully.

"if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it."

"Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua."

Explain WITHOUT relying on the manga and 1999 version? If this is possible, I bet that a ton of character wouldn't have died. The problem is that they never showed it just to make sure when Gon uses it, he will become OP as fuck and crush this opponent. That's just lazy and easy to make. But whatever, I'm not here to argue this with fanboys.


Man you hate the narrator however those "problems" are distractions of you aside of ignoring the CONTEXT: Gon lost his arm because he was shocked and very sad. Killua wasn't an exception.

Biscuit can transform into a younger person because of her nen however you said that the vow and limitation of Gon can't make that just ONCE. XD

WHAT MAKES NEN STRONGER IT'S THE RESOLVE NOT THE HATRED (STOP WATCHING NARUTO XD)

Shocked? Shocked of what? He just fucking murdered her and his resolve is still there. Shocked of killing Pitou? Bullshit. Even Killua is shocked, and he still managed to save Gon, despite being much slower.

Biscuit can transform because she is much weaker in that form. Gon transform so that he is 1000x stronger. Biscuit already had power to surpass her younger form, her compressing it is understandable. Gon, on the other hand, haven't gotten even close to that power. The fact that he can use it is way too different from Biscuit. Once of not, doesn't matter.

Hatred makes you desperate to revenge which makes yout resolve. It's fucking clear here that Gon wanted revenge. Let's try comparing it to Kurapika who lost all his clan to the Phantom Troupe. Are you telling me that Kurapika's "resolve" is not comparable to Gon who just lost, what?, a normal friend (in this version, they are just normal friends). I finished watching Naruto 3 year ago and rated it 5 out of nostalgia. You don't have to tell me.



Modified by tuanguyen, Aug 6, 7:12 PM
 
Aug 21, 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 284
My second rewatch and it still amazing!
 
Aug 23, 4:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
tuanguyen said:
cronosteso23 said:


Man you hate the narrator however those "problems" are distractions of you aside of ignoring the CONTEXT: Gon lost his arm because he was shocked and very sad. Killua wasn't an exception.

Biscuit can transform into a younger person because of her nen however you said that the vow and limitation of Gon can't make that just ONCE. XD

WHAT MAKES NEN STRONGER IT'S THE RESOLVE NOT THE HATRED (STOP WATCHING NARUTO XD)

Shocked? Shocked of what? He just fucking murdered her and his resolve is still there. Shocked of killing Pitou? Bullshit. Even Killua is shocked, and he still managed to save Gon, despite being much slower.

Biscuit can transform because she is much weaker in that form. Gon transform so that he is 1000x stronger. Biscuit already had power to surpass her younger form, her compressing it is understandable. Gon, on the other hand, haven't gotten even close to that power. The fact that he can use it is way too different from Biscuit. Once of not, doesn't matter.

Hatred makes you desperate to revenge which makes yout resolve. It's fucking clear here that Gon wanted revenge. Let's try comparing it to Kurapika who lost all his clan to the Phantom Troupe. Are you telling me that Kurapika's "resolve" is not comparable to Gon who just lost, what?, a normal friend (in this version, they are just normal friends). I finished watching Naruto 3 year ago and rated it 5 out of nostalgia. You don't have to tell me.




you watched the whole show and yet you did not understand how dangerous was the Vow and Limitation of Gon. it's one or the most convincing power up from the whole anime/manga, not that kind of shit like friendship power or losing my power and no more; NO, literally Gon lost hiself: moral/mental/future

The HxH 2011 made the mistake of omitting Kite's appearance however it's a fact that he saved Gon's life in the past and then he died for protecting Gon

Biscuit can TRANSFORM because of her Nen ability however she has 3 ABILITIES: Magical Esthetician
Magical Spa Services
Piano Massage

thus the younger version was a side effect, similar to Kurapika and the contradiction of the CHAIN JAIL ON HIMSELf as Gon said. It's funny those distractions of you because BISCUIT DIT NOT "already had power to surpass her younger form" SHE WAS ALREADY AN ADULT

also Gon beheaded pitou as Kite taught him however in that moment Gon broke himself, thus you did not comprehend anything. Then you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you, just that

YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/wgLps4VLRXU
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Aug 23, 10:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

Shocked? Shocked of what? He just fucking murdered her and his resolve is still there. Shocked of killing Pitou? Bullshit. Even Killua is shocked, and he still managed to save Gon, despite being much slower.

Biscuit can transform because she is much weaker in that form. Gon transform so that he is 1000x stronger. Biscuit already had power to surpass her younger form, her compressing it is understandable. Gon, on the other hand, haven't gotten even close to that power. The fact that he can use it is way too different from Biscuit. Once of not, doesn't matter.

Hatred makes you desperate to revenge which makes yout resolve. It's fucking clear here that Gon wanted revenge. Let's try comparing it to Kurapika who lost all his clan to the Phantom Troupe. Are you telling me that Kurapika's "resolve" is not comparable to Gon who just lost, what?, a normal friend (in this version, they are just normal friends). I finished watching Naruto 3 year ago and rated it 5 out of nostalgia. You don't have to tell me.




you watched the whole show and yet you did not understand how dangerous was the Vow and Limitation of Gon. it's one or the most convincing power up from the whole anime/manga, not that kind of shit like friendship power or losing my power and no more; NO, literally Gon lost hiself: moral/mental/future

The HxH 2011 made the mistake of omitting Kite's appearance however it's a fact that he saved Gon's life in the past and then he died for protecting Gon

Biscuit can TRANSFORM because of her Nen ability however she has 3 ABILITIES: Magical Esthetician
Magical Spa Services
Piano Massage

thus the younger version was a side effect, similar to Kurapika and the contradiction of the CHAIN JAIL ON HIMSELf as Gon said. It's funny those distractions of you because BISCUIT DIT NOT "already had power to surpass her younger form" SHE WAS ALREADY AN ADULT

also Gon beheaded pitou as Kite taught him however in that moment Gon broke himself, thus you did not comprehend anything. Then you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you, just that

YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/wgLps4VLRXU

I found none of your points reasonable. But that's fine because

>you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you

everything is just a mere and simple opinion. The same with you and me. Sorry for not liking your favorite.
 
Aug 24, 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
tuanguyen said:
cronosteso23 said:

you watched the whole show and yet you did not understand how dangerous was the Vow and Limitation of Gon. it's one or the most convincing power up from the whole anime/manga, not that kind of shit like friendship power or losing my power and no more; NO, literally Gon lost hiself: moral/mental/future

The HxH 2011 made the mistake of omitting Kite's appearance however it's a fact that he saved Gon's life in the past and then he died for protecting Gon

Biscuit can TRANSFORM because of her Nen ability however she has 3 ABILITIES: Magical Esthetician
Magical Spa Services
Piano Massage

thus the younger version was a side effect, similar to Kurapika and the contradiction of the CHAIN JAIL ON HIMSELf as Gon said. It's funny those distractions of you because BISCUIT DIT NOT "already had power to surpass her younger form" SHE WAS ALREADY AN ADULT

also Gon beheaded pitou as Kite taught him however in that moment Gon broke himself, thus you did not comprehend anything. Then you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you, just that

YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/wgLps4VLRXU

I found none of your points reasonable. But that's fine because

>you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you

everything is just a mere and simple opinion. The same with you and me. Sorry for not liking your favorite.


you are obtuse. what I said was a fact not an opinion. ¡duh!
"already had power to surpass her younger form" XD ¡Duh!
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Aug 24, 6:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

I found none of your points reasonable. But that's fine because

>you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you

everything is just a mere and simple opinion. The same with you and me. Sorry for not liking your favorite.


you are obtuse. what I said was a fact not an opinion. ¡duh!
"already had power to surpass her younger form" XD ¡Duh!

yeye you right I wrong lmao.
 
Aug 25, 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 113
Amazing episode!

OMG the violence of Neferpitō who was destroyed by Gon metamorphosed!

 
Sep 19, 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 666
Now that's a fucking insane episiode, worth the 130 eps before that
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
 
Sep 22, 8:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1223
Jesus, Pitou was simply... overpowered by Gon. Not even close to match him. It's a bit disappointing since, in my opinion, there was build up to a more elaborated fight but what we got was really amazing

Wish the producers had hired a different VA for Gon, but that's just me nitpicking
 
Oct 13, 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1427
Local kid hits puberty and kills a kitten
 
Top
Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]

Preview MangaManga Store