Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 23, 2017 4:36 AM
Nov 2016
The main girl character looks like haruhi suzumiya.
May 26, 2017 1:01 AM
Jan 2015
I didn't hate it , but I find this series lacking with the character development,plot , and such
the saving grace of this anime was Yuzuru's backstories , so i give it 6 , otherwise can be worse
May 26, 2017 1:16 AM

Jun 2016
Because the story was rushed and we didn't even get to chance to know the backstory of the other characters. Goshdarnit. I wanna give it a 9, but I couldn't because of those reasons and yes I'm still salty af.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 2, 2017 5:29 AM

Feb 2016
Rushed...
BUT I STILL FUKING LOVE IT.

Jun 2, 2017 6:31 AM

May 2014
As everyone's said, it was rushed. I actually really like Angel Beats and i think it's a great example of an incredibly flawed show that has a lot of heart (haha), so i'm not too bothered by it's problems.
Jun 2, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2016
It was terribly paced. Things just kinda happened and there was no reason for it. Backstories came out of no where before I liked these characters. The art is just kinda standard and ugly. No character design is attractive or cool or fun they're just kinda lame to look at. But I really thought Yuri's story was too complected for me to strain my suspension of disbelief for. It was a cluster fuck and I dropped the show at three episodes so I don't know if it got better but it seemed to just keep going downhill.
Jun 2, 2017 2:11 PM

Aug 2016
Pacing was awful
None of the characters interested me
It felt incredibly random with no sense of direction even though this show seems like it's trying to be serious until late in the end
The time they entered the tunnel underground, they made a seemingly big deal about getting crushed by a large boulder even though you are able to resurrect so them being scared of death is meaningless
The action in the end was lackluster. They cut most of it off
I thought there were way too many characters for that kind of show, since they only seemed to focus on a select few anyways.
Didn't get hit with any of the feels.
Jul 25, 2017 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
StardustNyako said:
i DO NOT ask this as someone who can't acept that people don't like what I like. I am FINE with people not liking Angel Beats. I am just really curious of the exact reasons why people hate/dislike the show.

Please be as specificas possible!

Also, do you feel YuiHinata was forced or adorable/ I see a little of both ._.

Hearing opposing view points is really fun!

OP, Why are you so obsessed with trhis short 2010 show? Hm, it givesme lots of creative inspiration, me tihnks.

Basically because with less or more effort we watched the series and, as always happens with the creator's works (Air , Clannad, Kanon, etc), they are full of incongruences and incoherences in reality and in the serie's world. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth, not because of deaths or ending, but because nothing is explained properly (The same happened to me with yahari no seishun).
That is the primary reason; the secondary would be the comparison to other shows or the more technical one. That would be judging it for it's pace, characters, development, etc; and Angel Beats is weak in every aspect exept for the art that some people praise.

In my opinion it deserves a 5/10; I dont hate it (like Mahouka no reitusei o shinmai maou), but It's not rewatchable.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1751 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.